Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Everyday I'm noticing spam topics on General Chat and having to report it.
Is there anything that can be done to try to reduce it? Or is there something specific about Iwaku that brings them here? Cause I haven't really seen this with any other forum site.​

Is there anything that can be done to try to reduce it? Or is there something specific about Iwaku that brings them here? Cause I haven't really seen this with any other forum site.​
Any place with high activity is probably a target for spam bots >.< I guess this forum is a bit of a hive for activity so when someone looks for a place to target, they often stumble into this place I guess (and perhaps the bots are finding a way past the spam filters >.<)

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Any place with high activity is probably a target for spam bots >.< I guess this forum is a bit of a hive for activity so when someone looks for a place to target, they often stumble into this place I guess (and perhaps the bots are finding a way past the spam filters >.<)
Probably, it's kind of a shame when activity = spam.

Didn't RPG use to get a heap of spam at one point? Lots of British kitchen sales, iirc.

Didn't RPG use to get a heap of spam at one point? Lots of British kitchen sales, iirc.
I think so briefly, but it wasn't this consistent.

yRKID37.jpg

Indeed. One of them keeps trying to start a cult... :fryingpan:

o.O

You're older than me Brovo, you should know the difference between spam bots and active members.
Even if the active member is someone who don't personally like.

I see no greater regularity of Spam bots than any other forum I've frequented in the past. That the threads remain "visible" after deletion may give the opposite impression, however.

I see no greater regularity of Spam bots than any other forum I've frequented in the past. That the threads remain "visible" after deletion may give the opposite impression, however.
That's true.
It might just be the fact I'm seeing them stick around that gives that impression.

I don't think we've made bots as advanced as @Gwazi Magnum yet.

This must be part of the new movement bio-engineered spam agents!

You're older than me Brovo, you should know the difference between spam bots and active members.
Even if the active member is someone who don't personally like.
kQgpUkO.jpg

*Goes to find a meme along the lines of "How could *I* be so foolish"?*

*Tries multiple search variants*

*Every single meme is calling the other person foolish, dumb etc*

Wow... The Internet is a very hostile place. :/

It may have to do with three of those four threads being made in the span of ten minutes.
I don't really see the issue there.
I send threads out in small groups rather than consistently dropping single ones.

I still probably end up with below average to average amount of threads created by active members anyways.

• Useful
Reactions: Darog
they come because they heard about your shitposting

so they decided to get on the bandwagon

• Love
they come because they heard about your shitposting

so they decided to get on the bandwagon
So these are actually new recruits?

GLORIOUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.