There's this girl you see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Arius had been getting her dog ready to go out she had listened to Umair talk about video games and movies and how they entwined but in different ways, it enchanted Arius quite a bit and she smiled when he got prepared to leave her apartment. "I'll see you over the weekend, Umair. Enjoy your dinner!" She didn't mind when he left, though she felt a little strange as she petted the dog and headed outside. It wasn't until later on at night that she was pacing around her apartment with quiet steps trying to distract herself; she didn't have work tomorrow so she could be up and game all night if she wanted, which is what she ended up doing.

By the time day rolled around Arius had done up multiple quests for her favorite game in existence, the one she forgot to mention because it wasn't a two player game, Skyrim. That was her true obsession and she still hadn't ever finished the game completely. When the day light comes into her window she yawns a little, finally realizing how tired she was, though she didn't go to sleep she saved her game and shut it off getting up and going into her kitchen to make some breakfast for herself. She would probably nap later but for now the smell of bacon filled up her apartment causing her dog to sit at her side and beg for a taste of that. "I think I'll visit him today...I forgot to tell him that my work schedule can be really hectic and I'm likely to work on weekends." Arius thinks about it as she takes her breakfast of bacon, eggs, and a piece of toast and sits down on her couch to eat breakfast, she had music playing off of her phone and it wasn't super quiet either, but it was about 8 o clock in the morning so most of the people in the apartment would be getting up.

Arius herself had nothing important to do today, she was debating on how lazy she wanted to be today, since she's only one person dishes don't pile up, she only had a tiny two plate stack in the sink today not including the plate she was using to eat right now. With a sigh she shrugs and listens to her music for now, though she hops onto her computer after she eats and checks a favorite site of hers laughing a bit as she reads all the funny things she can find on it. That was probably how she would spend her day.

As Umair came back back to his apartment, he had an idea: to take the TV out of his room, and put the stereo in its place, he wondered why he didn't do it before. The TV was distracting him when he needed to study. Adjusting the TV to its new place, he went to study, listening to music. Music always calms him, and also avoids him to be interrupted. But the most amazing thing was that he was happy all the time for no reason. He started to enjoy the idea of knowing the girl next door, to see her again; to talk to her. He was delighted, and was no longer scared to talk to her. There was just something about that girl, he can't get her out of his head. Although she was not the most attractive girl he ever came across, but she was nice, smart, funny and relatable. And those reasons are enough to attract his attention.

Thinking about her, he was completely oblivious to what was going on around him and was buried in his book. Soon he heard the main door to the apartment slam, he looked over. Sliding his room door open, he looked outside only to notice his roommate was back. He saw him get into his room and heard a girl giggling. He figured the roommate is with a girl. He quietly closed his room door and went back to his books. As he held the book in his hand, his mind continues to roam further and further into where Arius was, and began recalling everything when he was with her. A few obvious questions popped up in his mind- Why is this girl living all alone in the city? Does she had a painful past?

Arius finished cooking her breakfast and sat at her table yawning a bit before starting to chow down on her food, after she eats it doesn't take her long to turn on some music and start singing in her space. She was dancing to the tunes that played one of the songs that she sung particularly loud had lyrics that said, "Put on your war paint! You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down, Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground! We are the jack-o-lanterns in July setting fire to the sky! Here, here comes this rising tide so come on!" It would be easy for someone to hear her with the thin walls of the apartments but she didn't think she was disturbing anyone because her voice didn't reverberate through the building like she sometimes did.

She should probably rest but she was full of energy now thanks to the fast paced and really hyper active songs that she seemed to be listening to. Somewhere in her head she hoped she wasn't disturbing any poor college students but she also didn't really care. It was her day off and she didn't know what else to do, she didn't really have any friends and she figured that Umair had forgotten her face by now; Arius was so easy to forget honestly, she never stood out so if he never spoke to her again she wouldn't be surprised. Of course this was just her on the surface, inside her chest and head she was a confused and depressed mess, the thought that he would forget her had her depressed but she was trying to beat it back, she still had fresh cuts from the last time she'd had one of her episodes, though she refused to take medicine for it and refused to show anyone that awful side of her. In the background of her apartment the music is no longer accompanied by her singing; which was actually pretty good when you listened to her; but it was just music playing and she was sitting on her couch staring off into space.

Her dog was staring at her intently, as if it wanted to go outside, Arius rolls her eyes and laughs, another distraction to prevent an episode of depression. She picks up the dogs leash and puts her on it, "Let's go outside Jazzmine!" Arius smiled as she exited her apartment and led the dog outside to take the German Shepard for a walk around the apartment and possibly to the dog park that wasn't so far away.

When he woke up the other day, Umair thought it was going to be a typical day. It was around 8 am and all he wanted was to take a shower so he headed into the bathroom. he pulled aside the shower curtain, stepped into the bath, closed his eyes and stood there with his back to the water. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed something on the edge of the tub. he tilted his head downwards, allowing his eyes to adjust...and there it was. Unmistakable. A. USED. Condom. Just hanging out, on the edge of the bath. "Fuck .. Matt.." he freaked out, grabbed his towel and ran into his room. And began thinking his roommate was with that girl who was home last night. He shouted "Matt.. Please buddy, always clean your mess post your one night stands."

Umair and Matt met as roommates, but happened to have identical majors, concentrations and with nearly identical career paths, but definitely not the lifestyles. While Matt was more of a party animal and a flirt, who wants to get laid with every other girl, Umair was shy and reserved, spending most of his free time in his room, on the internet or talking to his family back home. For Umair, relationship and emotional closeness with a girl is far more important than random sex. He realized he never could understand the current lifestyle of most men his age. He thought maybe he is backward in his thinking, or maybe the society has progressed so much so that infatuation and sex has taken over love and commitment. He was definitely not in a good mood so he decided to bunk college today. But what would he do? He couldn't be sitting at home.

He finally decided to go for a walk and get away from all of the depressing thoughts. He began to walk down the street to the dog park close to his apartment. He'd heard it is a wonderful park where people bring their dogs to exercise and play off-leash in a controlled environment. He had never owned a pet before and he thought it could be a learning experience to see how these pets bring joy into the lives of so many people. After reaching the park he sat on a bench watching the cute dogs and puppies play with their owners. To his surprise, he noticed Arius was standing there with her pet dog. He quietly went up to her and said "Hello!! Arius, Good Morning. I didn't go to college today, and surprisingly I never thought I could bump into you again. Haha.. Please don't think I'm stalking you."

Last edited:
Arius turned as she heard Umair call out to her; she recognized the voice and she smiled as she turned. "Oh good morning Umair...I don't think you're stalking me, I don't see how we wouldn't bump into each other considering you live in the same building as me." Arius giggled a bit at him and rubbed her eyes trying to hide the bags that she knew were under her eyes; she hadn't slept after all and she seemed a little spacey today, more than she had yesterday at least and she still wore a long sleeve shirt; even though it was so hot outside that she was very plainly sweaty. Despite all this though she was smiling brightly as she greeted Umair. "You should do your classes you know. It'll be bad if you drop out, won't it? That aside I haven't been able to save enough money to go to college even though I really want to. I want to do Dog Obedience Training after all." As if on cue the German Shepard puppy that she had started running around Arius and tied her legs up before tripping her and Arius fell over onto the concrete of the side walk. She had hit her head a bit and she looked a bit dizzy, even as she sat up and glared at Jazzmine who was now sitting beside her wagging it's tail and looking innocent as if she hadn't just tripped Arius and caused her to fall. With a sigh though Arius pets it's head, she obviously couldn't stay mad at her dog. "S-Sorry about this U-Umair...c-could you help me up please...?"

I quit. You are a wonderful partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.