Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
We've all done it... We're jamming along to our favorite music, when a song comes on that you just HAVE to sing. You're shrieking out those lyrics when suddenly your nosy, no good, know-it-all friend looks to you and says "Those aren't the words..."

You're crushed. Broken. Devastated. You rush to the internet, type in a google search and sure enough... there they are - the REAL words. Life as you know it is altered... Irreparably.

But sure enough, the next time that song comes on - you ain't singin' the right words...

For me, I will never ever ever be able to hear anything by "Hold me closer, Tony Danza" or "There's a bathroom on the right". Recently, it was "I'm in love with a sheep, oh yeah." By Ed Sheeran.

Anyone else have some amusingly misheard lyrics??

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
"Love me like a dude" instead of "Love me like you do" by Ellie Goulding :'D

When I was little, I loved the song "wasn't me" by shaggy. APPARENTLY, the lyrics aren't "hanging on the bathroom door."

Eight year old me would have been mortified.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
lit up like a douche.

It never made any sense, but turns out that's because the line is revved up like a deuce.

Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light (original by Bruce Springsteen)

lit up like a douche.

It never made any sense, but turns out that's because the line is revved up like a deuce.

Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light (original by Bruce Springsteen)

IIRC... the lead singer actually admits that HE thought it sounded like 'douche' XD

Reactions: Vardoger
Actual Lyrics: Get up and commit, show them the power within.

What I heard: Get a packet of miso, show them the power within.

I don't know how I misheard it that badly, it didn't help that the MV was shot in Japan as well so I legit thought those were the lyrics.

Bloody Muse.

" Baby, you don't have to rush. You can leave a toothbrush." sounded to me like " Baby, you don't have to brush. You can be a toothbrush."

Don't question me on how I interpreted it like that.

Smash Mouth's All Star

"All these shooting stars, break the moWHOAA"

"Look out I might sit on you!" as opposed to "I got my mind set on you!"
I've Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison

"Well, I've got pig skin..." Instead of "Well I've got thick skin" - Elastic Heart by Sia

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
So I was pretty young when I heard the song Toxicity by System of a Down, I was just a little over 10 when song was popular.

Actual lyrics:

Conversion, software version 7.0

What I thought they were:

Convergez, sauve-toi Virgil ça ne va point drôle

Still today, sometimes I listen to it and I still think that's what I'm hearing 8D

Reactions: Indabayou
Lolol You might win @Pahncakes... I've never heard other languages before!!

Lolol You might win @Pahncakes... I've never heard other languages before!!
Hahaha well I'm French Canadian xD so sometimes I hear a mix of French/English words in songs when I'm not paying attention. It's a lot rarer nowadays, but when I was a kid/teen it happened a lot xD

• Love
o3o Am I the only one who doesn't know the story behind the lyric in the thread title?

o3o Am I the only one who doesn't know the story behind the lyric in the thread title?

Bad Moon Rising by Credence Clearwater Revival

SHAREEN DON'T LIKE IT/ROCK THE CAT BOX/ROCKIN THE CAT BOX
I still hear it, Clash. Learn to pronounce.

Well there's the famous many misheard lyrics of "Kiss the sky" from Purple Haze. Kiss this guy is the most common, it seems. I hear "kick disguise" sometimes.

Um, there's one that a friend of mine posted to kissthisguy.com. From Alice Cooper's Poison, the real lyrics are:
"I wanna love you but your lips are venomous poison"
her mom misheard it as
"I wanna love you but your hips are a little bit pointed"
It is currently top funniest misheard lyric for that song!

Jungle Love- Steve Miller Band
real lyrics: "Jungle love, it's driving me mad, it's making me crazy."
misheard lyrics from friend: "Chug a lug, it's driving me mad, it's making me crazy"

I was being a dork with this one, but it stuck and is still an inside joke. Dirty Deeds- AC/DC
real: "Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap, dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap."
me being stupid: "dirty deeds, thunder sheep, dirty deeds and the thunder sheep."

Not a funny one, but This is Gospel by Panic! always messes me up. Apparently it's "if you love me let me go", but I always heard it as "if you love me let me die".

I definitely have others, but can't think of any more right now.

• Love
My daughter thought "We're up all night to get lucky" was "Mexican Monkey" for the longest time. I heard her singing it in the car and nearly wrecked from laughing so hard.

"Dirty deeds, Thunder Sheep" instead of "Dirty Deeds, Done dirt cheap" Is what I always use to hear when I listened to Dirty Deeds by AC/DC

TLC - Chasing Waterfalls

Actual lyrics: Don't go chasing waterfalls, listen to the rivers and lakes that you're used to

Heard: Don't go, Jason Waterfalls, listen to the rivers and the lakes like you used to

Always was a little disappointed when I learned the song wasn't about a boy living in the forest like some Peter Pan fairytale

I still hear "avocado, avocado, avocado" in Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit instead of "how low, how low, how low".

• Love
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Status
Not open for further replies.