There is always a choice

• Thread starter Joanna Silverdale
  • Start date
"My condition is that you will not be a maid of the House of Goban but a maid of sir Hans Goban instead. This means that instead of my old man to make the rules and a whole mansion to maintain and many people to serve, I'd like you to serve me, clean my room and answer to my rules." Hans said. "Any questions?" he asked.

"None at all." Said Vereesa as she nodded once, accepting his condition and she smiled gently as she looked at him. "A-again, thank you." She then said. "Is there something that needs to be tended to right away?" She asked as she looked at Hans, she seemed rather eager to help out and begin with her new duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
after waiting on the roof, wof began to slowly drift off into sleep. he slowly begins to roll towads the edge of the roof. he rolls off and falls into the bushes when some patrolling guards are nearby

Vereesa let out a surprised yelp as she saw something fall to the ground outside the window and she quickly ran up to the window, opened it and looked down at the ground to see if she could see what had fallen and she saw something in the bushes. "L-Lord Hans! Something fell in to the bushes!" She said quickly as she looked over her shoulder and towards Hans, one hand being over her heart.

"Calm down, Vereesa. It was probably just a cat. There's no need to be so jumpy, because you're safe here. Remember?" Hans comforted Vereesa, although he knew himself that something wasn't right here. "But to be most certain, I will contact the guards of someone suspicious in our grounds for them to keep their eyes peeled", he said and exited the room to inform the guards on patrol. After a while he came back. "Alright, they know what to look for", Hans said reassuringly. "You want to know my rules, Vereesa?" he asked.

She swallowed once as he mentioned that it was probably just a cat and she looked down at the floor in a slightly embarrassed manner while she held her hands over her heart and she looked towards the window as he exited the room. When he returned, Vereesa looked towards Hans again and she nodded a few times. "Y-yes, Lord Hans." She stuttered, it came naturally to her to call her Master for Lord, as she had done with Elenthras and was now doing so with Hans since she was now his maid.

"Okay Vereesa, first of all, it's perfectly enough to call me sir as I am a knight. There's no need for that 'Lord' or 'Master' nonsense. Just because I am your superior doesn't mean that you're inferior to me in any way as a maid or human being. I want you to be yourself. Second of all, you will not need a uniform. Any attire you prefer as your serving attire is perfectly okay with me. Third of all, you don't have to bow before me if you don't like. As flattering as it is, I don't want you to bow if you don't want to. Fourth of all and the last rule: be sure to do the tasks I give you with the best of your ability as a maid. Even the tasks one would see as menial I want you to with precision. Do everything I tell you exactly as I tell you to, please", Hans finished with his litany of rules. "I am interested in a maid for their trustworthiness and precision in their work, not their formality. You will be working alongside Jaan Hatchet, another personal servant of mine and also my armorbearer if you accept this set of rules. Well, do you still want to become my maid even after hearing these conditions?" asked Hans in the end, eagerly awaiting for Vereesa's answer but hiding his eagerness perfectly.

Vereesa listened intently to his words and she then nodded once. "I understand Lo-... Sir Hans. Yes, I still wish to be your maid." She said while she showed a gentle nod and she blushed softly while she held her hands over her heart and she then looked down at her torn dress. "I-I just need some cloth so I can patch my dress, since... it's always been a favorite of mine." She then said and she looked back up at Hans. "I will tend to my duties with my all and I'll always do my best. I promise to also listen to what it is you ask me to do and I will tend to the duties as seen fit." She said and she smiled, for the first time she actually smiled a genuine smile and a brief giggle escaped her lips.

"How about you abandon that old dress and I give you enough gold to buy a new one yourself? But if you so wish, I will order a tailor to get you fabric of your choice", offered Hans. He had a good hard look on Vereesa's dress, from head to toe. "I could actually find a tailor who could make a brand new dress just like this, if you'd like", he offered again. "I could send you with Jaan as your companion if you don't want to go alone with El's guards possibly lurking about or anything you'd like."

Vereesa blinked a few times, shocked at his generosity. "I-I... that would be far too much to ask for. I-If I can just get some cloth then I can fix this one." She said with a small nod and her cheeks were turning slightly red, she had never before met someone so kind as Hans and she looked down at the floor in a slightly embarrassed manner. Her dress was little more then rags, but it is clear that it was once a beautiful and long turquoise dress with long sleeves and with a silk band around the waist as a belt and with a hood to cover her facial features. Now it had an opening on the left side from when she was cut by the guard, a part of the bottom of her dress was ripped off as she used the fabric to tie around her leg and stop the bleeding when she was wounded and the left sleeve was missing from the dress.

"I believe that is for me to decide, whether something is too much to ask for or not", Hans protested. "Besides, patching up a dress as damaged as yours on your own requires too much of your free time for it to be worth it and understand that I, sir Hand Goban, do not give much free time for my servants. Ask Jaan, who is on duty as my armorbearer when I'm on duty as Lord Elenthras' knight and even after that", explained Hans.

"In the Houses of Goban and Gammon, which is a family who have been long-time friends with us Gobans and where I married Lady Priscilla from, there exists a tradition for either accepting or dismissing gifts given from master to servant. It is considered intentionally rude for a servant not to accept an offer such as what I gave to you and the message of it from the servant to the master is: 'I dislike to serve you. If possible, I would serve someone else.' Some masters, who reign supreme to their servants, who in the Houses of Goban and Gammon do not, can be rude or even outright cruel to their servants. This tradition was established by servants themselves generations ago, when our ancestors were indeed rude or cruel to their servants, who would rather reject even food given to them by their masters, starve or even die than serve them. Those ages are thankfully behind us, but the tradition is still in effect", finished Hans, suddenly smiling as well.

"So I sincerely hope you wouldn't reject my offer, since I would be forced to think of what I have done to you for you to feel the need to reject my offer. I know you wouldn't think of it that way, but that's how it is in our households. I had to explain it to Jaan as well when he started as my armorbearer and personal servant. Please do reconsider my offer, Vereesa", he pleaded.

Vereesa blinked a few times and then blushed in an ashamed manner. "I-I did not know, forgive me, sir Hans. I-If a tailor could remake a dress just like this one then I-I would be eternally grateful." She stuttered, she if course had meant nothing ill with her words, she just didn't want him to waste his money on her. She looked down at the floor slightly with her hands over her pelvis.

"So it's settled, then! JAAN!!" Hans shouted with all of his might, his voice echoing in the corridors of the House of Goban. Swift footsteps neared the bedroom they were in, and the door was opened. Jaan Hatchet stood there with bloodshot eyes from crying back then before Hans sent him off to 'punish himself'. His voice was still shaking a little, but he managed to contain himself in front of his master this time. "You summoned, sir?" "Indeed I did, Jaan", said Hans and whispered something in the little servant's ear. Jaan's facial expression changed into that of a happily surprised person. "Please bring me a maid uniform", asked Hans. "Right away, sir!" Jaan said enthusiastically and stormed out towards the personnel equipment room. "Jaan needs to take your old dress to the tailor, so I need you to dress into one of our maid uniforms temporarily, if that's not too much of a trouble to you", explained Hans.

After a while, Jaan returned with the dress. "Here you go, Lady Vereesa! Please put it on!" the little armorbearer said with enthusiasm as usual and handed over the dress to Vereesa.

BestUniformMaidAsPictureCottonUniformClothFemaleLongSleeve2012LS101149-0.jpg

"N-no sir Hans, it is no trouble at all." Vereesa said and inclined her head politely. She seemed a bit surprised at Jaan's enthusiasm but she gently took the outfit. "I-if you'd both excuse me f-for a bit and step outside for a m-moment so that I-I can change." She stuttered shyly.

At the same time, a knock was heard on the door. "Ah, perfect timing. Off we go, then!" said Hans and ushered Jaan out of the bedroom to answer the door. After Hans closed the bedroom door, Jaan in turn opened the front door. A knight serving Lord Elenthras just like Hans was at the door. "Greetings", he said. "I trust this to be the Goban residence?" he asked? "S-sir!" shouted Jaan in surprise and fell down to his knees in front of the knight. "Wh-what a pleasant surprise, sir!" Jaan said to the knight. "Jaan", said the knight warmly. "Please, you don't have to be on your hands and knees for my honor", he said, and Jaan stood up. "What brings you here?" asked Hans. "I received a report about a suspicious someone lurking and hiding in your grounds", explained the knight. "Needless to say, I got here as soon as I could. Has the stalker made his next move yet?" "We haven't seen him or her since one of my maids witnessed them fall from the roof of our mansion", answered Hans. "If they're alive, they're probably lost consciousness." he added. The House of Goban's roof is pretty high up. A strong spy might have survived with one or two snapped ribs and a concussion and then walked away after coming to.

She inclined her head as they left the room and she then got changed into the maid outfit, she tied up her hair in a ponytail now that it was brushed so it was silky smooth again but she kept her fringe free so it hanged down her face and covered the left side. She stepped outside of the room and then her eyes widened as she saw the knight by the door and she quickly looked down at the floor while swallowing once, instantly becoming nervous and her hands clenched tightly together. "Please don't let him see me..." She thought to herself and she tried to remain as calm as possible. When she wore the outfit, she looked younger than fifteen, she looked as if she was in her early thirteens at most and her cheeks had a healthy blush on them as she seemed a bit embarrassed, having never worn a true maid outfit before.

Hans turned when he heard the bedroom door open and saw Vereesa in her temporary maid outfit. "Oh, you're ready to head out, Vereesa? Please come here, there's a certain someone here who would like to meet you", said Hans and the other knight turned to see a beautiful maid in uniform. "Is this her, Hans? The one who saw it happen? I'd like to ask her a few questions, if it's alright with you", asked the knight and gave Vereesa a bright smile. "Please. If it's of no trouble to you, may I ask you a few questions regarding the incident you saw a moment ago?" he asked her. "We can, probably, use your guestroom...?" asked the knight from Hans and Hans nodded. "Splendid!" said the knight and opened the door on his left side, as the guestroom was on the left side and Hans' bedroom on the right side while facing away from the front door of the mansion. "This way, please. This will not take long, m'lady", he said with respect towards Vereesa, although she was just a maid of a knight working for Lord Elenthras.

She reluctantly looked at the knight but then followed him in to the guest room and she felt her body tremble, instantly becoming nervous that she would be recognized and her gaze was on the floor. "I-I didn't really see anything I just n-noticed something falling from the roof." She stuttered nervously with a slightly frightened voice.

"First of all, please let me introduce myself", asked the knight. "I am sir Blage Gammon and I was assigned by myself to investigate on the matter of a stalker in your grounds. I hope he or she hasn't been too troubling for you, m'lady", Blage said. "I am the son of Lord Braggart Gammon and the sister of Lady Priscilla Gammon. Oh, but nowadays she is Lady Priscilla GOBAN, if I am not mistaken. I am the brother-in-law and a longtime childhood friend of Sir Hans Goban, so you needn't worry. But I must ask, have we met somewhere? My apologies, but you look very familiar, as if I'd have seen you no earlier than last week!" Blage remembered.

Vereesa looked at Blage and she swallowed once. "It's a pleasure, Sir Blage." She stuttered and she felt her heart stop as he asked if they had met before. "I... I can't say that we have." She said and she looked down at the floor and she lowered her head slightly, being unable to have any form of eye-contact with him. Her hands clenched tightly on the fabric of her outfit as her hands were on her pelvis and her body trembled. "Pl-please don't recognize me... I don't want to go back." She thought to herself.