Theory of Absolute Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any room for another player? Have a character in mind that would work well in this scenario.

Go ahead with the CS, lucifers. I think we have uh. 98 spots left //donthitme.gif

I've had a brief look at Finhawk's CS and I don't see anything particularly sticking out as bad. We might need a huge wheeled container for the creature though... Maybe? Although; if it's not a hassle, I'd love a bit more info about the Iku-Turso's poison's effects; there are many different kinds of lethal poisons from ones which starts on one's senses and eat away slowly and painfully, to numbing and unconscious death to downright melting of organic matter. Doesn't have to be overly fancy, just a one-liner of what the victims would usually face will do.

Aaand I'll try to get a better look at the CS and accept as well as work on an IC and my CS posts up by tonight [~12 hours from now]. Been busy with NaNoWriMo since my muse suddenly perked up. I've only wrote one scene but why am I already on 5k words today asdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, Nanowrimo. I'm supposed to be doing that too. I got a title and a setting so far but I haven't bothered starting otherwise yet :D It's also more likely to be a lot more than a novel.

I'm yet to see a poison that literally melts flesh. I think that's usually called lava. If you find some, video it for me will ya?

In other news, you have 17 minutes until your CS and IC are overdue.

You're killing me here.
A-Anyway, here's the unedited IC Post. I'll be editing it now as i read through it so yeah, I assure you it has a few thousand weird lines and typos.

I totally was not dragged to a birthday party event for my acquaintance
Character Sheet? what's that, can you eat it?

RE: Poison. I admit I've only seen it in Korean/Japanese novels but technically i think? if it's acidic enough it can melt things... d-don't quote me on that.

Probably shouldn't say this, but I'm a big fan of poisons and acids, and neither is capable of actually melting the body. Acid itself is actually very bad at it, even highly concentrated forms. The most toxic acids actually kill by normal chemical poisoning, not melting. If you want to melt a body, you're looking at something like concentrated NaOH, which is actually alkaline. I don't know if you're aware of how acids and bases (non-soluble alkalis) are defined, so I'll explain. Ignore this if you know. [spoili].To be an acid, you have to be a proton donor. To be a base, you have to be a proton acceptor. The term "proton" is interchangeable with "Hydrogen ion". Acids, which always contain Hydrogen (HCl, HF, H2​SO4​), are acidic because they donate a Hydrogen ion when in the presence of a proton acceptor. The more hydrogen ions you donate per mole of acid, the more acidic you are. [/spoili] Now for the relevant stuff: Hydroxides are alkaline because they give off hydroxide ions, OH-, which react with an acid's H+ to form water. High concentrations of OH- ions such in concentrated NaOH can actually pull H+ ions off non-acidic molecules. They're kinda assholes like that. Biological molecules contain a shit-ton of Hydrogen. When you remove a Hydrogen ion from a biological molecule, the molecule becomes unstable and splits into two smaller biological molecules. Even DNA can break down this way. Eventually, you get to the point where all the solid biological molecules have been broken down into smaller chains, and the smaller the chain, the lower the melting point. When you get small enough, chains have a melting point below room temperature, and the natural state of the person being dissolved becomes liquid.

You could also melt them with temperature, but that'd be harder because of this thing called Oxygen in the atmosphere. If you were to put the human in a vacuum and somehow remove all oxygen from their body, they'd already be dead. But, then if you heated them up to about 200 degrees, all the water would be driven off and you'd get a slightly smouldering puddle of molten human.

Anyway, short lesson on how to melt people there. Take what you will from it.

Aight, I'm somewhat happy with the IC post now, but please tell me if there's anything weird and/or questions since i'm not entirely sober at the moment.

RE: Poison. You'd think a person like me wouldn't get an A+ in chemistry due to my half-baked of understanding of scientific facts. That aside, I'm guilty of not knowing anything about acids except how to calculate them and put it down in paper for teachers to mark it teehee.

I guess that shows school only really teaches students to memorize without really understanding the concepts, idk.

Question: At what point in time is this RP starting? You said 2 weeks after the sign earlier, but the IC post seems to be only a few minutes after.

Turns out I had placed a little too much on my plate and can't join this one.

Best of luck to all of the players :)

I've had a brief look at Finhawk's CS and I don't see anything particularly sticking out as bad. We might need a huge wheeled container for the creature though... Maybe? Although; if it's not a hassle, I'd love a bit more info about the Iku-Turso's poison's effects; there are many different kinds of lethal poisons from ones which starts on one's senses and eat away slowly and painfully, to numbing and unconscious death to downright melting of organic matter. Doesn't have to be overly fancy, just a one-liner of what the victims would usually face will do.

Whoops, I actually had a clear idea of the poison while writing my CS but for some reason, I didn't put it in there. :b

The poison is not the quickest kind there is, victims don't usually notice any symptoms for the first few hours. During the next few days or weeks, depending on the dose, victims experience nausea, vomiting, and hair loss while their organs are slowly giving up on them one by one. Eventually, either their heart or lungs fail on them and that is when death comes.

I shall add this to the CS.

Also, @Karakui: *Flashbacks to upper secondary school chemistry* Which is a good thing, I like chemistry and I liked my teacher. He taught us that plants don't pee and how to get rid of the body of a mother-in-law.

Wait you had to be taught how to get rid of a mother-in-law? I thought that was a trial and error thing you learned yourself through experience.

In today's society, kids are spoiled rotten. They don't even have to find out how to kill and dispose of a mother-in-law by themselves. Blame the society! Blame the government! Blame Obama!

Though I'm gonna be forever alone so I'll never have a mother-in-law anyway so I don't really need the knowledge.

Never know when you'll be hired to kill someone else's mother in law though.

Oh my, you're correct. And now I know an answer for that darned "what are you gonna do for a living" question as well. I shall be a mother-in-law assassinator!

Here, have a cookie as a thanks.

Question: At what point in time is this RP starting? You said 2 weeks after the sign earlier, but the IC post seems to be only a few minutes after.
Where did I say two weeks after, was that in the overview or ooc or ic? I had to modify a fair amount of the stuff I wrote down on my notepad due to quirks and circumstances happening after i posted the interest check so I might not have erased irrelevant stuff correctly.

EDIT: Oh I said hours after in an earlier post. I'll go fix the IC to match this.

blue Hämäläinen, Lauri is accepted.

Ah OK. I dunno exactly where the two weeks came from, but it was quite a while ago.

Okay IC edited.

My ideas behind the intro posts in case it wasn't clear enough [this is my first time actually using my own idea into a roleplay so i'm sure there's a lot of stuff i'm not communicating right]

for Mariana summoners.
Idea 1 - veteran summoners who had been with Mariana since before the Sign. These characters can either be out in different countries killing some summoner-less creatures, or have a blast picking on newbies whilst guiding them around the HQ.

Idea 2 - newbie summoners who joins Mariana after the Sign. They can be exploring the HQ island, becoming friends with veteran summoners, picking new weapons or joining a new rank.

for Civilian summoners.
Probably setting up a base or something in NYC.

I'm planning to make up events to throw at people as they progress the roleplay. And I. Still need to post my CS for Cerise and Hywel. S-sob.

Do you have a plan as to how all these characters are going to encounter one another? Cuz at the moment they're all spread across the world.

I... guess I need to fix the IC post again then since it doesn't answer it well apparently, s-sob.

Basically what I was planning was, like:
a) Sign happens.
b) players involuntarily saved by their own creature(s) as well as meeting them for the first time.
c) fend off hostile creatures until mariana members join them and fights the creatures together.
d) because there were too many creatures wherever they were, as well as a promise of food and shelter, etc, the players are taken to the HQ island thingy via teleportation technology that Mariana has.
e) The current IC post places this part as the 'present time' - Cerise informs the players about Mariana and gives them a choice to join or no; if they choose not to join, then they are teleported to NYC which is the least creature-populated land that is stable enough to support a human population without a risk of the land submerging.
f) After various tiny events, the next big-scale disaster happens in NYC which prompts the Marianas to move their troops there so that all the players will be present for the next big-scale diaster.

So the first post for players would be to briefly summarize parts a) to d) if they want to extend upon their character's history, and progress with reactions to part e) without making the story too restrictive to the players.

I'll admit, I haven't read the IC since a while ago, so I didn't notice any of that got added. My question was based on that the version I'd seen didn't show any signs that you had thought of that.

Well I was expecting some change but not a 100% difference :D

Status
Not open for further replies.