Theory of Absolute Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay. Yeah when I had the previous IC post up, it was around part b/c from that list earlier, but since I apparently stated that the IC will start hours after the Sign and not minutes, chronologically I assumed we'll have to start around part e hence the massive skip and change

Yeah it makes more sense to start at e. Lets people make a bit longer introductory post too instead of just repeating what the first IC already said.

Alright, I had some doubts as to how to start but I thought I was just being stupid and not understanding the obvious so I said nothing. :,] Everything's cleared up now though. I'm gonna be working on a post, probably not gonna get it finished today though. :d

take your time, I'll start nagging if you're late to posting anyway. Also if it is related to the roleplay, I do not judge anyone who feels they need clarification of information even if it's something that's posted on the first line of overview so go ahead with those. I mean, I'm the type who loves to triple check everything which often leads to cat fights with my younger sister as she screams "YES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID YOU [censored]".

[fieldbox=Sentinel Vylia, purple, solid]
Name
Cerise Vylia

Nationality
French

Starting Location
Mariana HQ

Summoning Medium
A silver Motion Computing M1400 Tablet Device

Personality
MBTI
ENTJ

View of the aftermath
Inevitable and unnecessary - while Cerise was not one to think that the world was truly just, especially because she herself had to force judgment of whom to save and whom to give up due to her position, she has a strong belief that the world could have been steered to a better place if humanity was given time.

Goal
-To prevent a second 'Ashley', her comrade who had fallen in battle in the past due to Cerise's mistakes.
-To protect her comrades.

History
Past Training
  • Handling Military Weapons [guns, grenades, etc] from serving her country.
  • Unarmed Combat.
  • Above-average physique from constantly keeping her body in check ever since being in the military.
  • Capable of French and English.

Family and Friends
Many of her known contacts were those who served in various parts of the European military, and has gone missing after the Sign. Her father for example was last known to have been at the Palais Bourbon which is now inaccessible due to a forcefield.
Cerise has a brother who survived the Sign but refuses to join the Mariana and thus is living as a Civilian summoner.
Her mother had passed away before the events of the Sign.

Mariana Details
Rank
Sentinel [previously the illusion]

Expertise
Negotiations, public announcements and maintaining order of a group.

Unique Weapon
Power Enhancement Suit [PES]. This weapon enhances the wearer's physical strength. This allows one to jump higher than normal, lift things with tremendous weight or deliver a fatal punch/kick of unimaginable strength. It has a built-in AI which allows auto-scaling to the wearer's body size and a limiter to prevent overworking the muscles. This limiter can be bypassed with a code command.

Weapon Appearance
Worn under the clothing, the PES has the appearance of a set of metal bars placed in line to the limbs, the back of the hand and fingers, the feet and the vertebrae of the wearer with small and flat mechanisms joining the bars at the joint areas. This reduces the strain on the wearer's limbs when using them as well as allowing more force to be generated. As a reference, something like the Mecha Suit from Pokemon Movie has the closest resemblance, although a more advanced form.

Weapon Limitations
PES is only recommended to use against tier 3 creatures or less - anything above that will generally require PES' limiter to be bypassed in order to exert enough force to damage. If used this way, there is a huge risk of greatly injuring the wearer's body - in Cerise's case, attempting to use a bypassed PES more than twice to an opponent who exceeds tier 3 will cause her muscles to be paralyzed in pain for at least an hour.
Despite the recommendation, the PES is not capable of dealing with multiple tier 3 creatures; it can be used at most to distract or keep them at bay, or fight one-on-one with a typical tier 3 creature.

Creature
Name
Schrödinger's Cat [The Cat]

Class/tier
Tier 1, Ling class

Appearance
Resembles a typical black cat with amber or blue eyes depending on the angle of sight. When one sees the Cat from the corner of their vision or just not 'focused' on them, they take on the appearance of a fuzzy shadow rather than a cat. When they focus their vision on the Cat, it 'returns' into a cat-like appearance. The sensation of touching it is the same as any other cats.

Flavour Text
A thought experiment by Erwin Schrödinger to portray the principle of superposition in real-like examples. It is said that the Cat exists at the state of both living and non-living until it can be observed.

Abilities
The Cat is capable of appearing inside a container which holds dangerous goods. An example would be a shoe box which contains a grenade; upon closing the shoe box and then opening it, the Cat will 'magically' appeared inside the box. At this point the Cat will disappear from wherever they may have been before being 'teleported' into the shoe box, and if there were any inanimate objects with the Cat, for example a letter, it will appear along with the Cat.

Weakness
There is a certain chance that the Cat will appear in the container as a carcass. In order to reanimate the Cat, it has to be either re-summoned or attempt to 'teleport' it once again on a different container. The latter is recommended as the former will not get rid of the carcass.

If the container is too small for both the Cat and any inanimate objects it is bringing, it will appear as a carcass stuck in the container at a hundred percent chance. If the container is small enough or if the Cat was attempting to bring something at least the size of a freaking refrigerator when it is being teleported into a shoe box, the container will explode with bits of cat carcass upon opening. The explosion will typically be not as fatal as it would be sickening, but if the inanimate object which the Cat was bringing happens to be made of metal then there may be shrapnels which causes great pain.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna lie, I've been busy playing Legacy of the Void all day and been neglecting everything else. Will look and reply to IC post tmr.

Don't sweat it. I would've replied earlier if I hadn't gotten so caught up in a stupid argument about the importance of grammar with some stupid kids. Seriously, I spent my whole Sunday evening raging at random kids on the Internet about grammar. Not my best moment.

Totally had to google 'tmr'. The Internet slang thingies ain't my area of expertise for sure.

I don't recall mentioning it on the overview so here: Feel free to use npcs without my permission if you want. Also feel free to leave them for me to roleplay. Also also feel free make up other npcs and events, since there's only like. four of us.

Speaking of which, how now brown cow @Karakui

[fieldbox=Civilian Hawthorn, teal, solid]
Name
Hywel Hawthorn

Nationality
Caucasian

Other:
Albinism. His eyes hold a slightly more of a blueish hue than the image. His hair is whiter.

Starting Location
Queensland, Australia

Summoning Medium
The stuffed bunny case is detachable. It is also possible to 'cover' the iPhone 8 such that it just looks like a stuffed bunny unless poked at.

Personality
MBTI
ENFP

View of the aftermath
Unfazed by the Sign. Apocalypse was a common term thrown about, and it's not something that really affected him all that much. He had never really understood attachments people had of others - sure he was grateful of his family and friends but death to him is but a 'good-bye forever and let us not meet again'.

Goal
-To eat all the sweets in the world.
-To see or have all the cute things in the world.

History
Past Training
  • Undergraduate degree in English.
  • Sewing/knitting.
  • Cooking.
  • Part-time work at a day care.
  • Part-time work as a university professor's assistant.

Family and Friends
Last seen being protected by the Mariana. Many of them have chosen to become a Mariana summoner for their survival.

Goetia Upgrades
Name:
Hive Mind

Flavour Text:
The summoner can control and share senses all of the creatures under his command as if they were his own limbs or pawns.

Upgrade Description:
The summoner can see, hear, smell, taste and touch whatever their creature is sensing. They can give out commands as he likes. The other way around is the same - the creatures all have access to the summoner's thoughts and senses.

Limitations:
Every emotion and sensation is shared - this means if the summoner's creature is damaged, the summoner will feel the pain too. If the summoner is burned, their creatures will feel the same pain. If the summoner is in a fit of rage, the creatures will be enraged too.

Creature
Name
Hivenitor

Class/tier
Tier 3, Tor class

Appearance
Hivenitor is the size of Hywel's palm. Its body is covered in a grey exoskeleton which resists being pierced, heat and cold but prone to cracking with enough impact. The green 'eyes' are actually 'ears'. It has no eyes.

Flavour Text
Despite its lacking appearance, the Hivenitor should not be left alone, else one may be overrun by the swarm of Hivenilisks.

Abilities
Hivenitor is capable of 'mutating' at a rapid pace into a building-sized incubator while latched onto organic materials or minerals. Using absorbing energy from whatever it is latched onto, the Hivenitor can mass-produce Hivenilisks. If the incubator is heavily damaged or if there are no more materials to absorb energy from, the incubator will produce an egg before shriveling into dead organic matter - from the egg, a new Hivenitor can be born.

A Hivenilisk has the standard power and size of a Lisk class creature with the ability to climb walls. Its exoskeleton is hard enough to prevent piercing, heat and cold, but is probe to impact damage.

Weakness
Hivenitor's attack power is non-existent. The time it takes to mutate into an incubator is instantaneous, but creating a Hivenilisk takes one post per Hivenilisk. Each Hivenilisk takes roughly one Lisk-class worth of materials, or three Ling-class worth of materials.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I feel the need to say that I'm thinking of closing this roleplay because I realized how much work being a roleplay master && using an original idea for a roleplay took.

If anyone had any interest in the kind of stuff I had planned, just shoot me a private message - if anyone wants to host a new roleplay in vein to this, feel free to do so without my consent.

Oh, that's a shame. Though I know I wouldn't have the time to host a RP like this myself so I respect your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.