Then and Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 year old me: WHOA. I GROW UP TO BE BATMAN.

Current Me: Yeah, I kinda want to change my legal name to Badass MacAwesomefist. But I couldn't figure out how to work "Optimus Prime" into it.

10 year old me: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10 year olde me- exposed yourself to the darkness of the world, yet didn't bother to obtain the power to fix it. Ye baka

20 year olde me- Its not my fault DX

10 year olde me- you were innocent! You were fun! "Racism? What's that? Oh wait, I don't care. Now let's go play yugioh with my friend who happens to have darker skin than me, or play tag with a group of friends who happens to be females. You about to kiss me? Ew, I don't want cooties. You salty? Need to fight about it? Bring it on, I'll go easy >: D

20 year olde me- ah... the good ol days.

Seriously, I didn't have a care in the world back then... and I was very dense XP I didn't even realize the hints I was getting, even by the people I liked. I knew, just didn't get the hints, and by the time I cared, they moved on >.<

10 Year Old Me: Hi!
Me today: OH DEAR GOD YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME AND I HAVE TO WARN YOU ABOUT SO MUCH SHIT WRITE IT ALL DOWN.

I think 10 year old me would be pretty disappointed that I wasn't a successful actor or veterinarian or author or artist, but I think she'd be proud of what I have achieved and how hard I have worked to achieve it given the cards I was dealt in life. She'd also be pretty happy about the fact that I have cats now. Pretty sure that's all I really wanted when I was 10!

10 year old me: Have you saved the world?!
Me: It ain't the world you gotta change, it's you. You'll learn that soon enough.

When I was young I was very imaginative.

10 Year old me: "I'm a Chinese Dragon of great intellect and shall save all of China from huns!"
Me: "okay cool, I'll RP as a Chinese Dragon of great intellect and cause mountains to fall to help China fight off the huns!"
10 year old me: " I'm now the arbiter from Halo and will kill all the Flood!"
Me: "I'll RP as the arbiter in a Halo RP and kill all the Flood!"
10 year old me: "I'm now a super psionic wielding crystalline sci-fi race whose body is made up of pure energy and wields crystal katanas!"
Me: "I'll RP a super psionic wielding energy race that wears crystal armor as a protective shield for their bodies and wield a crystal katana!" (@Brovo That's right, feel that cringe)
ect...

Another thing was that due to how imaginative I was, I didn't understand myself what so ever nor did I truly care on knowing myself, I wanted to be everything without care because of such. It wasn't until after Highschool til I started meditating and contemplating things like 'who am I?', 'What is my place in the world?', 'What is it that I want to do as a career?'

So the Scenario can look like this as well.

10 Year old me: "I wanna be a doctor. Now I wanna be an architect. Now I wanna be a game maker. Now I wanna be an FBI secret agent. Now I wanna be a CEO. Now I wanna be President. Now I wanna be a lawyer. Nope, I wanna be a doctor again! ect..."
Me: "No! What you want is to know who you truly are and what it is that you'd truly like to do. You spent so much time playing escapism and avoiding these questions through focusing on others that you don't even know who you are. Now go and sit at the corner over there, close your eyes and meditate till you answer the very questions you tried so hard to avoid."

wields crystal katanas!"
wields crystal katanas!"
wields crystal katanas!"
Cq4e5DE.gif

Reactions: Drakel
I think my 10 year old self would be proud of me though its about things that I thought I'd never get to do. Like meeting actors from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers face to face. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.