Theme Song #55

C

Celest

Original poster
Music touches people in different ways. Many people enjoy listening to music for inspiration, and others simply listen to it to relax. Some songs tell stories while others allow you to make your own story.

Your challenge:

Listen to the song above then take a minute or two to think about it.

Write out a scene to this song; make this song your scenes theme song.

Let me know what you see when you listen to this music.

There were soft murmurs among the prisoners, their eyes sparked with hope, anxious of the rumors that swirled around the dark alleyways, in the sullen homes of the poor, and finally to the ears of the caged. Man, savior, and life. These were the words that ignited the essence of the foreboding desolate city. Lance walked slowly down the corridor of the jail cells, eying the prisoners who dared stare back at him, gawking as if they never have seen a human being before. He sighed and shook his head, feeling remorse for these pour souls. Of course they haven't seen a living soul down here in so long, everyone has forgotten them. There was no light guiding his path, but with the shine of the moon, it was enough for him to see clearly the faces of the starved and beaten. Yet, no matter who he passed, he noticed in every single emotion they had all shown towards him, was a gleam of hope. He had to but smile to himself in contentment. So they've heard, even in the depths of this prison.

He stopped at the end of the hallway, and stood in front of a cell which was covered in darkness, no window allowing any light from the moon. Lance sensed a presence there despite that it was hidden from his sight and spoke to it, his smile molding within his words, almost coming off as if he was amused. "I think it's high time for you to leave this depressing dungeon and-" Lance gaped at the cell speechless as a figure appeared. The man in front of him, was ragged and torn, famished from the lack of nutrition. Wild black hair strung with straw and dirt, no effort in keeping it tamed though who would if no one cared to even look at you. His face was haggard, and his beard had grown abundantly past his chest. Though the appearance of the man was not what startled Lance, who quickly dropped to one knee and bowed his head deeply before him, but it was the deep blue hue of his eyes and overawe aura the man self-possessed.

"My king," Lance stammered out, "I apologize for my informality. I heard that you were making a reappearance but I didn't expect you to be the one I was going to assist in escaping." He ceased his blubbering, feeling he was making himself look even more foolish. For a few moments, it was completely silent. Lance grew impatient waiting for a response, so he slowly raised his head up to see if the king had anything to say. He gasped, the king was smiling, his yellowing teeth breaching through the darkness of his beard. "Lance my dear knight," He bellowed, his superiority and honor lightening up his brooding figure, his height reaching to full, "take me from this hellhole and back to my people!"