Thegoria™: A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biollante thinks waiting would be okay, and creating a mirror RP would be nice.

I apologize greatly for the extreme length of time I was gone guys!!! I understand if interest in this rp has died, but I'm touched by your guys' faithfulness!! Life has been crazy, and this is what I was mentioning in the my first post about starting something and then giving up, but if I have a co-GM that would help keep things going!!! (I'd be willing to hire either @Phi Chisym or @WitchChild or both as you guys have been most faithful and patient and seem to have challenged my rather faulty "expertise" of my own world... haha :D PM if you guys are interested!!) balancing the challenges of real life as well as the demands of such a complicated rp is not very easy, I must admit, but I promise I will try harder to be more timely on my replies!!

If there are still people willing to go along with this idea, I can post a fresh thread that will be an actual sign-up thread, just to tidy things up. What do you say guys?? You all willing to give this another shot?? I also wish to not make this rp overly-complicated. In other-words, think of this as a simple fantasy rp in another world. When things start getting complicated, I tend to over-explain things which makes everything twice as complicated and ten times more confusing, so forgive my insanity and lets keep this simple. :D

Also, I'm considering allowing this to be a somewhat free-rein sort of rp. If you have any ideas about incorporating political conflict and such, I don't mind, just run it by me first. :) This is sort of a trial rp to me in the sense that I'd like to see where things go and what new ideas people come up with more than anything, considering the way my rp is kind of rough around the edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
I've got a lot on my hands, but I'm with you all the way, Aleina! I'll help you out in anyway I can as your CoGM. And, as you already know, we fully understand. I honestly just didn't want to see your hard work go to the wayside just because that irritating beast called Reality got in your way. It happens, but there's always a chance to make things happen; we just have to wait patiently for that time to come to us.

So, I'm in! Hey WitchChild, you still up with this? And anyone else out there? What say you all?

I might've been quiet all along, but I've kept my eyes on this. I'm still interested qmd willing to go along.

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Thanks guys!! ^_^ <3 I'll have to get to it tomorrow though, cuz for now I should get some sleep. I will leave it up to Phi to search for survivors for tonight if she is not busy and I'll be back tomorrow!! :D

• Love
Will Do! Good thing I'm working all night, cause I wouldn't be awake right now myself. LOL!

Night, Aleina!

K, sent quick statement to everyone's profile page who have stated interest; yet, hasn't responded recently to any conversation on this thread. So, hopefully you'll find their returns smiling upon you tomorrow.

Biollante nods, already having forgotten what he just read. "Sounds like a plan."

• Thank You
Welp, I'm here! Sorry for not responding earlier, I desperately need every ounce of sleep I can scavenge and so I'm not likely to reply between 11 and 8 in the morning (though maybe y'all are on different time zones? Probably). Anyway, I'm still here and extremely excited though I'll have to reread all the backstory again because I'm incredibly forgetful.

Let's do this!

bender-victory-pose.jpg

• Thank You
NEW DESKTOP PC!!!! SO GLOOOOORIOUS!!!! *drools*

Oh..right. This.

Yeah. Of course I am still here and I challenge anything I am interested in. It will confirm my interest.

• Thank You
I will get a fresh sign-up topic up and going and hopefully get this rp started!! ^_^ I appreciate your faitfulness @WitchChild !! If you're interested in being a co-GM just let me know. :) I've already appointed Phi Chisym but I would love if both of you guys co-GM. :D As I told Phi earlier, I am doing penance for my absence so please accept my sincerest apologies and gratitude for keeping my topic alive!! <3

Before I post a sign-up topic tho, do you guys think we should come up with a plot or should we let it figure itself out?? @WitchChild @Phi Chisym what do you guys think??

In my experience it is very good to at least start with an overall plot. Give people direction and idea what to do.

And I won't mind being co gm

And I don't mind the wait as long as it gets somewhere in the end

Oh, I'm still here too!!
Sorry for being inactive on this thread.

• Thank You
Hehe...they come when the wicked calls; makes it easier to call them prey.

Just got a bad case of gamer hand... so I might not be able to post too much today unless I can find my ibuprofen. Or I could grow a pair and deal with the pain...

So what kind of plots do you guys have in mind?? Anyone's welcome to suggest plot ideas. :)

Perhaps something along the lines of coming up with histories for each of the towns within the the provinces that don't have histories?? Just a thought. Or it can work as a sort of time warp thing where we discover the history of each town. Maybe a hero or group of heroes can take a trip into the past and learn the histories of each town and how they established themselves?? I'm just throwing things out there. I've been playing a lot of ESO lately so yeah... it's been filling my head with ideas. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know my charries already have a background story. Perhaps, the Queen calls for assistance from her allies in other areas to come aid her in seeking that damned blade. That can lead into something, which leads them into something else or another person's subplot.

Celestia will possible be traveling to seek aid from other kingdoms already, as well as looking for scholars and priest who might have knowledge of the Diadem of Dragons. She needs answers to several questions on her mind about how to stop the prophecy from happening, and will go through great lengths, even without her mother's knowledge, to find the answers to them.

As for Nahra, she'll do something off the wall, ignorant and flat out childish in order to get out of the house, unaware why her mother and sister are psycho about her staying inside. I'll possibly have her run into some caravan or a group leaving the kingdom to seek adventure or something, and decide to jump in and travel with them, thinking she'll be back before dinner that night. She won't, of course, so that'll lead to another huge problem that must stay under wraps. There's not a lot of people who know who she is, but the few who do are hunting her. Therefore, the Queen has to reveal to a selective few that her daughter is missing, without alerting the entire countryside.

Figured there will be several ways to connect with other charries and their subplots, and possibly glue all of them together to connect to whatever huge, grand plot for the entire story later on. That's one of the coolest things to do - take random subplots and suddenly come up with ways to combine them to the background plot of the entire story; they become situations that either help or hurt the main plot, but in the end bring about success to the protagonist group and a horrible end to the antagonist(S)... which, I figured by the time we're done with this entire thing, they'll be several mini baddies, and one huge one for the entire story.

Um...I really need to go to bed, but I've got to stay up for my friends who are traveling from out of town to stay with my and my fam for the week. So, if there's something in all of this that just doesn't make since, I have a good excuse.

*is still doing her character* I'm such an A type xD

Status
Not open for further replies.