The Zoo Warriors [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the plains-like savana exhibit, a young girl was on all fours, grazing on the grass lackadaisically. She had long black hair and big, light purple eyes(though the scientists still have yet to figure out how and why this change occurred), and two large light brown ears with white insides and black dancing across the tips. They twitched on occasion, lazily, but not much else. Her small, pale brown tail rimmed with white and with a black stripe down the center swayed lightly in the gentle breeze as she ate, and the teen seemed to be without a care. However, in mere moments, she had hopped to her feet, a wide grin crossing her face. There wasn't a single person by her exhibit anymore, which meant she could do whatever she wanted. Gracefully, the girl gracefully dashed across her exhibit, her movement a graceful zig-zagging bounce that perfectly resembled that of a antelope. Her toothy grin widened when she noticed the bat-girl from a different exhibit's wave, and she happily waved back.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep in the forest habitat, a young predator rested in a makeshift den she had dug. She was used to being moved around habitats quite frequently, considering the fact her kind could thrive in a vast variety of environments. The scientists seemed to have a thing for finding out how she interacted and adapted in the different scenes. However, the hunter-scavenger's interaction was minimal. She preferred to keep to herself, and so that was what she did. However, a few of the other mutants had managed to earn her respect. Albeit, most all of them were dead and gone.. Including her prior best friend; a fellow Grey Wolf named Lester.

Shaking off the painful thought of the last, failed, experiment they had performed on her one real friend, Falon lazily got to her feet, stretching out with a bored yawn. Because of past experience, the young woman well knew that if she didn't go out and show herself, she would shortly be forced to.

..Or, at least, they'd try.

Using her sturdy claws, the female made her way out of her den and to the nearest tree and started climbing. While her species couldn't accomplish this, Falon had always been able to. Granted, she didn't exactly realize that this was because before she had been captured and experimented on, she had been a competitive climber.

After a mere few minutes, Falon had reached a good height; a branch where she'd just barely be out of reach. Quietly, she brushed some of her black hair out of her face, jet-black ears twisting like satellites. She could hear almost everything going on in the 'zoo', do to having the hearing of a gray wolf. Hell, with her stunning blue eyes, she could see most of it, too. Though, she always saw it best in the dark.

Ignoring the indignant response from the girl, Diana's right hand went back into her pocket, pulling up another sugar cane. Bringing it up front so that the girl could see the two were nearly identical, Diana then raised it up to her mouth and stuck it into her mouth, in between her teeth.

"Calm down, kid." Diana only said, with the sugar cane still limply hanging in between her teeth, "If it was poisoned, I'd be going down with you. Well ... and I also assumed that if someone was feeding you poison, you guys would be able to ... I don't know, smell it maybe?" The blonde raised an eyebrow before she looked down at the sugar cane in her other hand. She shook it a few times before she stretched her arm out once more, "As you've said, you were once human, so surely, you'd appreciate some sweets?" She elaborated with a tired expression.

Odd as the situation was, Diana was pleased with herself. Ever since she had joined up with this project, there was that part of her - that rebellious naive teen part in her heart - that was just rattling at the cages of her mind. It was wrong, the voice raged on, none of this makes sense. Of course, the 'Why?' question she always had was never answered, but honestly? She had given up asking these questions long ago. However, if she couldn't pose her questions to someone who can keep their mouth shut, and get the answers she needed, then she would walk in blind herself. She'd find her own answers, and this was the perfect time to do so.

Interacting with these kids. Granted, she could've done this with the vampire bat girl, but ... well, the young girl had always seemed a little ravenous, not to mention sleepy. This girl though, though she was a panda, she was quite the firecracker - and that lit up a tired smile to go along with Diana's tired eyes. "You know, I just remembered. You were the one who nearly took out Michael's eye weren't you? That's how you remember ... your human memories..." Diana muttered quietly, drawing up the connections.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Grinning happily at the Impala girl that had returned the wave, Leia continued to wave - though less enthusiastic this time and with a lot less screeching and glass scratching - she failed to immediately notice the visitor in the waters. However, as Leia calmed herself and properly heard the waters moving irregularly, the girl turned away from the glass and let herself be guided down onto her feet. Prowling about in the darkness, the sudden voice from the mermaid-like girl was definitely a surprise.

Leia gave a full-body shudder before she pushed herself over to the waters, letting herself balance over on one of the sharp rocks, in contrast to the smooth ones the fish usually landed herself on. "If you decide to shout any louder, it would be me getting hearing damage," Leia calmly replied, shaking her head to get the ringing out of her ears. "How've you been so far? Did any of the kids try to feed you fish food again?" Leia asked, trying - and failing - to stop the laughter just bubbling at her throat. "I'm a little jealous you know, I wish I had people feeding me some times too ... speaking of, did you get fed yet?" She pouted, as she jumped a few rocks, before she landed just sideways against the rock Maria was on.

"The blonde lady isn't here yet, she's late! Did you see her?" She continued asking, now poking the other girl's tail.​

Reactions: AnastiaCrest01
"Look, just because you bite into another sugar cane doesn't mean the one you were trying to give me didn't have poison on it. And, you know, there is such a thing as odorless poison. Fascinating, ain't it?" She had calmed down a little, really wanting to take the sugar cane, but her distrust prevented her. It was rare when she'd get one, though. Usually she got bamboo, rice gruel, carrots, or sweet potatoes. A sugar cane in the mix helped ease Tabitha's sweet tooth. Upon mention of her mauling, the panda girl flattened her ears. " Well, let me ask you something. How would you like to be sold to the government because your stinkin' rich parents weren't satisfied with all the dough they already had? Then when you get to the supposed military training camp, you are locked in a cage and tested on for two years straight with no concern for your health. And finally, if that wasn't enough, they find the right DNA for me, held me down as I went through a painful transformation, sedated me, and tried to wipe my memory, which is a part of me. My memory is what makes me who I am. Without it, I'm walking through life with no purpose. Sedatives never really worked on me, so I woke halfway through the process and refused to be an empty soul being used as a bloody puppet. And to top it all off, I'm stuck inside an even larger cage with plant life, and I am forced to stay out in public as everyone one of you grins and mocks my situation that I had no control over. I'm a freak! And you know what's worse? After a few months of being in this godforsaken place, my family comes 'round and mocks me to my face! You think I'm just gonna do whatever ya'll want me to because you want me to? No way! You all put me through so much bloody crap that I've gained issues, if you haven't noticed. I don't trust anyone, I spend my days wondering what I did to deserve this, and I spent over 5 years in this zoo alone, 7 if you count the testing, slowly starting to despise the world. I was ten years old when I was sold. Ten! I never had any issues in High School because I never made it to Middle School! I was happy, I was free, I was normal." Tabitha growled before looking away. "How would you like that, huh? 'Course you wouldn't care.... You're not the one who has to go through it..."

-----

Kikki was in the zone. So many people crowding around her exhibit, and she was just getting started. Flipping through hoops, balancing on a large ball, spinning plates, yep. She was putting on quite the show. Her amber eyes shone with excitement as she preformed with seemingly endless energy. Her small, but nimble frame, moved with such grace and agility with each movement she made. Some of the little kids clapped and cheered, which only edged the young girl further. Hanging from her tail, riding an unicycle, juggling (and eating) a few mangoes; it was all in a days work. She was having a blast, though. With each new trick she did, she made more people smile and laugh, and that was what she wanted. Finally, however, she had to come to a stop, her breathing deep and quick. The crowd cheered and her eyes sparkled. She had done what she needed to, time to go mess with the others in her exhibit. Dashing through the trees, she spotting what seemed to be the zoo's Grey Wolf. "Hiya! I don't think we met, have we met? I don't think we have! Have we? Well, if we had, you already know my name, but if we hadn't then my name is Kikki Treesworth! And yours? What's your name? Do you even have a name? Of course you do! I'm such a ditz! Everybody has a name! So what's yours?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Bluebell didn't understand why the people who help take care of her didn't let her have her hiding place. When the doctor started talking to Sage, she tried to sit up again. It still hurt, but not as much as before.
"Thank you, I'm sorry I drop them." Bluebell then started to shake. The area was a bit too cold for her, Dr.Reneval said to stay in her 'climate'.
"Dr.Reneval, what's a climate? I forgot what you said it was last time. 'Cause its chilly here" she was wiping her face with her ears, since they were soft and felt good on her face.

Living in the forest habitat, a young boy named Jeremiah would lay in his nest in a tall tree by one of the small streams of water. He flew up in the sky over the trees a few times looking for some prey. He fed on small rabbits, insects and sometimes fruit if he had too. He was a falcon though he remembers little of his childhood. He only remembered being cooped up in a cage before falling asleep and Seeing some strange men in white vests talk while he looked round a white room. He tried so hard to remember before that but his head hurt before he could. He then saw a few humans walking in the forest. Jeremiah was so hungry. He didn't find any meat, not even berries. He then looked a see-through Tupperware that one of the adults had. He almost had tears to his eyes. [COLOR= orange] Oh dear! i-i-i-is that, DUCK! And they have some sort of bones with meat sticking them together! [/COLOR] He thought to himself while licking his beak. The Falcon hybrid then swooped down and nabbed the small container through his beak and proceeded to fly away to not get caught by the guards. He passed the Panada and then the Wolf while dropping a few rib bones to his pal and flew back to his nest. Wow, who knew humans also loved meat as much as i do! -GULP- I wonder what those silly hairless apes will do to find me -GULP- Jeremiah said as he pecked away at his newly found meal.

Last edited:
Xavier did a few more tricks, climbing up on his rock and summer salting into the water, waving to the visitors, and continuing his flips underwater. The only clothes he had was a full yellow speedo which matched the color of his skin. This gave the crowd the impression he was naked, his privates somehow hidden in his skin. He wasn't a huge fan of the speedo at first....he had felt so exposed, but he was starting to get comfortable with only that covering his body.

After a while the visitors started to get bored and walked away. Xavier was thankful for some down time, the twisting and turning was great exercise, but was exhausting. Deciding he needed some relaxation time he swam to his rock in the middle of the water not far from the land and climbed up and layer splayed out on his back arms and legs spread he looked a lot like well....a star fish. Closing his eyes he started to wonder about the other inhabitants of this place, he rarely saw others, most of them were strictly land creatures, but there were a few aquatic ones. He occasionally saw them but didn't interact with them. He really wasn't a huge fan of most of the other inhabitants, this was why he preferred to stay by himself. There were a few however that Xavier wouldn't mind interacting with, he had forgotten their names all but one, the one he could remember was named Sage.

The boy had red panda DNA, so he was a land dweller. He could be a land dweller, but he figured if he stayed on land too long one of the scientists would come and drag him back to the water....,so he stayed in the water. The few times he had ventured into the forest, when he had met some of the other inhabitants he felt out of place. He really did like the land, but he felt like he didn't belong with the land dwellers.

As far as he knew none of the water dwellers stayed together, but he was almost certain that a few of the land dwellers lived with eachother. Xavier didn't usually want contact with others, mainly because he didn't like many of the others, but there were a few, like Sage, that he wouldn't mind being friends with....opening his eyes he saw a large bird flying overhead, it was the falcon boy, Xavier had never met him, but had always been fascinated by the boy's wings.....

( @Nico @Infinatis )

Last edited:
Through the entire monologue, Diana only kept a steady face as her tongue darted back and forth to taste the sugar cane in her mouth. For appearances sake, she kept a straight face, looking just slightly disinterested as the girl raged and drowned on. By the end of it, Diana slowly lifted her hand and pulled the sugar cane out, she smacked her lips together before she regarded the girl carefully once more - and somewhere inside her wished she had held onto the baton or at least stowed it away in her other pockets.

"Well, honey. It's a great thing my parents are dead from the same problem you have, yeah?" Diana replied to first, "Good for you though, you've managed to get so wrapped up in your own misery that you can't even open your mind and face other problems either. You think you children are the only ones sold to governments for experiments? You think you guys are the only ones who have their hands tied and heads held down to do to the governments will?" Diana asked, turning her eyes to look at the scattering crowd above.

"Not everyone is soulless, not all of us are delighted or inhumane like the ignorant assholes up there, but I don't think words will get to you. No, your mind is narrowed, closed, young and scarred," Diana muttered quietly, nearly hissing, "I, personally, have nothing against all of you. You're all young, but definitely stronger than any human in this goddamn building on your own. So, go ahead, stay down here - stay chained up - and cry about how you have trusting issues, anxiety issues, or continue whatever 'the world owes me' act you have going on. I've had 7 years here too, in this fucking death trap, and I don't know about you, but I - for one - haven't been trying to look for 'normal' again." Diana hissed quietly, but quickly. As she was finished she tossed the untouched sugar cane off somewhere - not exactly looking where it landed.

Striding back over to one of the 'control rooms', Diana never made it to the door, as two other scientists burst through the doors and immediately made their way over the blonde, shooting questions, as well as shooting worried glances over to the panda girl and the few remaining people up above.

"Rivire, the baton, where the hell is your baton?!" One of them hissed at her, and Diana only cocked her head to the side,

"Why don't you try finding it?" She challenged with an edge in her voice as she brushed passed the two men, though they trailed behind her as they completely forget about the baton lying innocently in the tall grass of the panda area.

As Diana took her long strides down the tunnel halls, ignoring the men that were babbling on, she hoped. Deep down in her heart, she hoped and prayed, that the girl left in there would get the words, would get that one weapon she left in there. Goddammit, she just hoped that she (Diana) had pulled that panda girl out of the stinkin' misery and hinted loudly enough at the remaining hope she - some of the scientists even - had.

@AnastiaCrest01
(Sorry my six, eight and nine keys are broken, if you think there's supposed to be a question mark there probably is)

Chestnut came up to hers and Jeremiahs tree for as long as she can remember she had stayed with the Falcon boy in that very tree. She would always be carried by him in his talons to go on air rides and some times even get some food. She loved nuts and especially black berries. She loved seeing Jeremiah's antics while stealing the human's snacks. She couldn't understand why he loved meat so much. She got made understand that she's different and we all eat different foods. Sometimes she would go to the other habitats under the falcon's supervision. No animal even had the thought of taking Amelia from Jeremiah since he had this overprotective feeling and would attack anything that looked menacing to her. She loved to run around trees while Jerry as she would sometimes call him was sleeping. Sometimes, when Jerry is sleeping she sneaks off to watch Kikki do her show. Later after Kikki was done Chestnut had enough confidence to go speak to Kikki [COLOR= brown] Hi, what's your name. I'm Amelia but everyone calls me Chestnut. You look nice. Do you want to see my brother Jerry. [/COLOR] Amelia said timidly to her soon to be monkey pal. Amelia then noticed Falon too. She then grew a bit more frightened due to Falon's grey wolf parts. She asked Oh, hi, i didnt see you there. As you might have heard my name is Chestnut, would you guys want want see my brother. I shouldnt be out while he's sleeping and he'll probably be awake soon!

Last edited:
Falon's ears twitched slightly when she heard, smelled, and saw another creature approaching. Large blue eyes watching the movement quietly, she briefly regretted choosing the treetops rather than digging her den deeper for refuge. When the monkey-girl joined her on her perch, the wolf-girl quickly found herself annoyed with the constant talking. "I'm Falon," she replied, simply, as she glanced the girl over with a lack of interest.

Rivrin sat on her rock and looked around bored, she was growing tired of this place, tired of the constant flood of people and their yammering and smells of sticky cotten candy and body oder. Rivrin wrapped her long elegant tail around her body before dragging her gaze at the two children in her enclosire practically begging for her to come near, the children liked to tug and pull on her long red tail and Rivrin didn't like it, it wasn't worth all the sugar cookies in the world though she'd stop and contemplate such an idea. She leaped off the rock springing toward the children and their father, she bared her small fangs and they ran out the gate in fear with Rivrin hot on their trail, the keepers scrambled after her as she disappeared between the many legs of the fleeing crowd. Rivrin raced down the little walk way before diving head first into a large trash bin, she listened as the zoo keepers hollered around if anyone had seen her and she snickered in satisfaction and curled her tail around her for a long wait.

Maria was upset at not being heard, especially since that meant she had to endure more torturous scraping. But luckily for both parties involved, Leia had stopped just before the mer could holler again. She gave a slight huff at the initial reaction of the bat before rolling onto her back, just laying there idly, continuing to flick water over herself with her tail just to have something to do.
"Thankfully, no, the kids didnt try to feed me again. That stupid pellety stuff is disgusting, and still, I would have to eat it just so that the little buggers wouldnt cry... But no, I haven't been fed. I dont get fed, really, I have to go on land to find some food, or find food that strays close to the water's edge. That is if the amazing speedo doesnt get to it first..." she grumbled slightly, recounter her experiences with the starfish inhabitant of her 'habitat'. It was then that the bat girl jumped over a couple rocks from the one she was perched upon, the mer's eyes finally adjusting enough to make out vague images in the dark. What she saw, and ultimately felt, wasnt the most pleasing, as the girl began to poke and prod at her tail, causing her to slap her arm with it in an attempt to get her to stop.
"No, I haven't seen your handler.... But if it will bring you any comfort and help stop all of your ruckus, I'll go and look for her." She said teasingly, in a sort of grumpy manor. She didnt even wait for a yes or no from the land and air borne mammal. The mermaid simply left, swimming close to the surface to look through the habitats for whatever keepers were out and about.

"Yay!" Leia cheered, slowly drawing out the lone word as the mer ran through her own waterways.

Inwardly though, the girl was definitely glad the fish was further away. Leia gulped audibly, in a vain attempt to keep the itch and dry from her throat. The only reason she had been making a ruckus, other than the fact that she wanted to see everyone else, was so that someone - anyone - would bring her the blood bag that was late. Very late.

The mer appearing, though a pleasant surprise, was definitely pushing Leia's limits all the way. Flicking her tongue out to run over her small but sharp teeth, Leia could only let herself fly over the rock and toe the waters as she tried to calm herself and wait for the mers good news.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~​

Sighing loudly, Diana ran a hand through her hair, quickly taking the hair tie keeping her bun up and let her hair fall over her shoulders as she quickly walked through the empty tunnels. It had taken some time and more effort than she'd like to admit, but Diana had finally got the two men to leave her alone and return to whatever duties they were attending to.

Hearing a sudden commotion, Diana chalked it up to the kids trying to feed the mutants again and kept her head down, reading through her clipboard once again. Suddenly, the blonde found herself having to press her back up against the glass of ... one of the closed areas, as some of the keepers thundered down the halls, screaming and hollering gibberish ... Oh. So they've lost one of them. What the hell even.

Grumbling, Diana firmly turned her head, "No. I did not hear or see anything." She told herself, and continued walking off, brushing off the need to help them look for the one that escaped. While it might be dangerous for the people, it's not like the mutant could escape the building itself.

Looking up, just in case someone would run into her, Diana was shocked to find a familiar looking head up on the surface of the waters. "That's ... Mar ... Mar ... something." Thinking for a moment, Diana then leaned over the railings, "Maria? Is that you?" She asked, hopefully getting the Mer's attention. Somehow, she had also avoided alerting the other keepers that stood near the back edging the area.

@Shadicmaster

Reactions: Shadicmaster
Kikki's eyes lit up at the new arrival. "Woo! New friends! Kikki, Chestnut, and the big bad wolf Falon!" Hanging from her tail, the hyperactive monkey looked up at the two innocently. "Three friends in the big wide world of bigness!" With a cheeky grin, she flipped onto the branch and made a large hand gesture. "Whaddya wanna do? Huh? What do you guys want to do? We can dance and sing and, and, and! Whaddya want to do?? Oh your brother?" Suddenly the cheeky monkey looked away, sadness in her eyes. "....Um... You guys go on ahead.... I'll uh.... Catch up later...."

----

Tabitha's eyes widened as the woman took an odd turn, and was actually being brash with her. No one ever was, and it made the panda girl respect the woman, at least a little bit. Her shock prevented her from saying anything else, but had she the chance, she would have opened up a little bit more. There was some things she didn't say, a lot actually, that she didn't want to say. Or at least not until after the woman's rant. When the woman left, Tabitha looked away again. ".....It's not that simple...." Her voice was quiet and her arms wrapped around her stomach, as if covering a wound. "....That's something I wish they did erase....." Standing up, she looked at the sugar cane, than the rod. Clicking her tongue, she headed back into her little hiding spot. The cameras couldn't reach this spot, nor could anyone see her. It was darker in this area, too, the bamboo stalks thicker and larger here. In this spot, though incredibly lonely, she could be herself. No one was forcing her to do anything, no one wanted a show, it was just her. Pushing her loneliness away, she looked upward, watching the stalks sway with the wind. Looking around to ensure no body was around, she grabbed a bamboo shoot and a pocket knife she snuck in and started carving. It was the only thing human she knew how to do. Well, the only thing creative wise. Anything else she knew, she either couldn't do or it was something to do with being a panda. She knew how to make things, and so she did. She had a shelter a little ways away, a few tools made from hardened bamboo, and little figures like the one she was making now made from carved bamboo shoots. She took her time, carving lightly and delicately into the shoot, filling it with as much detail as possible.

Oh, YAY! A new friend! TWO NEW FRIENDS! Come Falon! Come! My brother is super duper truper awesome! i could ask him if we can have an air ride! Ooh Ooh! Can i ride on your back! Come on Kikki! Chestnut then noticed Kikki's sudden sadness. She thought to see whats wrong beause Jeremiah said to always help others when they need help. Are, are you alright Ki. Do you want some berries. How about we go to Jeremiah and he'll fly us up the mountainous areas. Come on, dont be sad. We're nice! Said Chestnut trying to cheer her new monkey friends up. She then handed her a little walnut she found in a tree before leaving to see Kikki's show. Here, have this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremiah woke up by the buzzing of a few flies hovering around him. Man, am i really that stinky. He said to himself jokingly he then noticed Chestnut was gone. Jeremiah searched all around their nest then and the nearby trees. He then became panicked. He had vowed never to lose her since he found her by a lonesome tree as a baby. CHESTNUT! CHESTNUT! IT ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE! COME ON AND COME HERE! The falcon boy shouted as loud as he could to try to find Chestnut. He then let out a large scream that attracted numerous to his sight. Damnit! First i lose Amelia and then the tourists come to my business. I knew i should've waited till she was asleep to take a nap! He then proceeded to fly high up in the sky to try to find any trace of Chestnut. He then flew past the water habitat soaring through nearly touching the water but making massive currents. He then spotted a star-fish boy. He new this hybrid was familiar but couldnt quite make out when he saw him last. He then saw some humans that were trying their best too keep up with him but just couldn't. He then spotted with his precise vision Chestnut along with a wolf and a small monkey. Chestnut! Where have you been! I've been looking everywhere for you! Why is this little girl crying! Did you make her sad! Jeremiah said with a tense tone. He didn't want to come off mean but he was just to damn scared of loosing Chestnut. He thought for a second and then saw that chestnut was starting to cry. There, there don't be sad. I'm sorry for being quite mad at you. You left and i was so scared i lost you. It's alright. He then took her in his arms and looked at Kikki to Kikki. I'm sorry for being quite rude. My name is Jeremiah. I'm a Falcon. Are you friends with my sister Chestnut. He asked Kikki with a sorry voice. The squirrel child then whispered to Jerry Her name is Kiki, and we are friends! Jeremiah then asked Kikki if she wanted a ride ti their nest in his talons.[/COLOR]

Nivandi looked around the crowd of people that came and pressed their faces against the glass that was around her. Do they really have nothing better to do than just stare at creatures through cages? They should go out to the wild and look at some real animals. Well whatever is close enough to us. Sighing she looked away from the crowd around her and climbed up her tree. The dress that had been given to her snagged on one of the branches as she was climbing up and Nivandi groaned with frustration. Halting to release the white and black fabric she stared at the print. Geez... They didn't just want spots on my ears and tails they wanted them on my dress two... Sighing she continued to climb up and then halted as she drew nearer to the top of the tree.

Looking around she watched silently as the animals interacted with either humans or with each others. Such a strange place... A pathetic place in a way.... But strange nonetheless... Turning her head she picked up the paper and clipboard that she had snagged from one of the scientist that had come in earlier and began to sketch images on it. Each of the images were of each of the enclosures but each of the closures no longer had the cages and glasses around them. They now all intertwined with one another joining into one place and another. Sighing as she completed her work she laid down on the branch. The clipboard on her stomach, Nivandi faced the sky and closed her yellow eyes. Sighing again Nivandi allowed her tail to swish from side to side as it hung in the air. A calm serene mode came over her and Nivandi began to find herself falling asleep.

Of course the spectators couldn't have that as one of the children began to bang on the glass of her enclosure. Groaning Nivandi opened one eye and placed her clipboard down before leaping down from branch to branch and then stalking her way towards the child. As she came on milli-meters from the glass Nivandi sighed and turned away. There is no point in me getting mad at the kid. The stupid thing doesn't know any better. Sighing she climbed back up the tree and looked around her frosty enclosure. If there was a way to get out of here I would but even if I did... Would i be able to stand the heat that is out there? Groaning she laid down again and began to feel her eyes get drowsy again.

But yet again another tap on the glass.

Geez! Can't this kid get the idea!? Snarling Nivandi leaped faster this time and ran up to the kid before giving him a bit of a roar. Well as much as a roar that a snow leopard can give. Her eyebrows furrowed Nivandi snarled and growled both at the same time and then rolled her eyes. Looking at the kid he would be only around 4-5 years old. Looking around him there didn't seem to be an adult that was paying any notice to him. Sighing she looked at the kid and then groaned. Damn this kid. Laying down on the ground in front of him Nivandi tried to get some sort of sleep.

But of course she shouldn't have expected the boy to give up so easily. Opening one eye as he tapped on the window yet again, Nivandi sat up and looked at the boy straight in the eye. What the hell does he want!? Isn't he happy enough that I am here? Sighing she looked at the kid. Rather scrawny for a kid though.... Pale too..... He has nice crystal blue eyes though and jet black hair to go with it.... If he wasn't so damn annoying I would say he was a pretty cute kid. Sighing she ran her fingers through her silver hair and looked at the kid with annoyed eyes.
"Hello."
Blinking Nivandi frowned, did he do all of that just to say hello? Sighing she laid down again and looked up at the kid.
".........................................hello."

A bright smile appeared on the child's face and then quickly he began to speak word after word, question after question, sentence after sentence. Giving grunts and nods as she half listened to the kid, Nivandi pondered when someone was going to take the brat away. God damn it where are those science geeks when you need them? Sighing she looked over at the kid.
"Where your parents," giving her usual 'demands-rather-than-questions' speach she looked at the kid.
"Dunno."
Sighing Nivandi laid on her back, "then sit there and be quiet until they come get you."
"...............okay."
Sighing Nivandi thanked someone or something for the silence that followed and she laid there silently, a minisicule amount of her waited for the parents to arrive.

• Love
Reactions: Maltien
Canis woke up after a very long nap behind some bushes he perked his head up and looked around and when he saw that people were watching him from outside the glass. This made him quite happy because he loved people he does think that is because of his dog side. He ran straight to the glass nearest to him waving at the people who were watching him, he got some waves back and was very happy. After awhile of doing this he did get bored and stared to run around the area on four legs only stopping after an hour or so when he was tired. He went over to the water in his area which he was all alone until they give him a friend in his area which he was always waiting on but at this point no friends coming for him.

Sage smiled and showed his teeth when he said he could join them. He was confused on why Bluebell was so scared, this place wasn't so bad. He frowned and looked up to the Doctor. He wondered how he could word it. He didn't want to offend the girl or make a fool out of himself. His ears twitched and he frowned deep in thought. "Doctor, why is she scared? This place isn't so bad, is it?" he asked and looked up at him with a frown. It was a tense silence to the red panda after that. He didn't know if he would get yelled at or make the rabbit girl more upset.

After basking in the sun for a while Xavier decided to venture onto land. Diving off of his rock he swam to the shore, climbing out he walked towards the trees, surprisingly he walked well on land for being in the water most of the time. Although his home was an underwater cave on land, so he did walked around on land a little bit each day.

Entering the forest he went from tree to tree trying to stay covered just in case there were other lurking. He still wasn't completely sure why he had the urge to go into the forest today, maybe he was just tired of the water. It could be he wanted to explore the land, or maybe just maybe he was looking for a friend....

Maria stopped in her tracks at hearing her name being called by someone who wasnt in the least familiar to her, as rarely, if ever, did any of the keepers try to care for her, especially with how defensive she could be at times. Looking around, the mer could then see the slight figure of the blonde clipboard keeper that usually checked up on batty.
"Hey, blondie. You know, you're rather late on your rounds. Leia is having a total fit about not having her food on time. And just for the record, I'd probably bring a little extra, just in case." The girl spoke with a smirk before ducking back under the waters and swimming away, looking for something more entertaining to do, maybe taking with one of her other neighbors. It was then that it dawned upon her that she had yet to visit Red this week, the music loving kanga often acting as a sort of older brother like figure for the girl due to his laid back and optimistic nature. She also liked to visit him due to the fact that he had music and they would often talk about what they liked and disliked about the certain songs that he was allowed to listen to. It wasnt like there was much more to really talk about unless something big was going on around the enclosures that he wanted to know about. Maria soon found herself alongside the small area that composed Red's 'habitat', though really, it was a section that was on the outskirts of the savanna habitat, making for a more natural transition. Maria could see the impala girl leaping and bounding about in her area a ways away, but was more concerned with Red.
"How are things over in this neck of the woods, Red-Roo~?" she asked in a sort of teasing way, poking a bit of fun at the tail end of his animal name.

Bluebell turned toward the red panda, why would she be scared? This was her home, where special bunnies lived like Dr.Reneval said.
"I'm not scared, I just don't like it when others can find me. Dr.Reneval said bunnies like to hide, that's why at the place where I first remembered had lots of hiding places and lots of grass. I liked rolling around in the grass, and when Dr.Reneval would check on me, we would play hide and seek. Um Dr.Reneval, is this a hide and seek visit?" Bluebell was in much better spirts, talking about her first habitat almost always made her happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.