The year of 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles sighed.
"C'mon! It'll be fun. All the restaurants are boring here." He began to pull out his aviator sunglasses, blocking out the suns blinding glare. He turned on the radio.
"Nobody's going to catch us."

"Get in trouble if we do what?!" She asked. "You need to work on communication skills Charles." She !umbled while climbing into the backseat.

"You guys don't have to do it with me. I'm just saying it'll be fun if we're in it together." Charles eyed Mathew a bit.
He snuck his hand onto his thigh,making it unable to see where Amy sat.
"Just this once...please. I swear we won't get caught!"

Matthew slapped at Charles' hand.
"My car, my rules. No smoking, nothing illegal, and most importantly, no touching my radio." Matthew drove out of the parking lot. "I'm hungry, what does this town have?"

"An old burger joint from the 50s." Charles scoffed.

"Sounds fantastic. I assume it's on the square?" Matthew asked. The radio played jazz musically quietly as he drove.

"Oh wow that sounds fun." She said sarcastically and crossed her arms.

"Oh yeah? What would you suggest we do?" Matthew said, eyeing Amy from his rearview mirror.

"It's the 70s,jazz was out since my grandma died." He said as he stared at the radio.
"...c'mon, if you drive us to the roller rink, I'll give you a reward. Maybe Amy will pitch in."

"Pitch on with what? What reward?! Of god Charles, why don't you drive then?" She said looking out the window. "Let's get moving."

"I don't think Mathew ever got a ..." Charles made a fist with his hand and stuck his tongue against his cheek,moving his fist horizontally and his tongue moved against his cheek.

"Yeah? You're probably one of them that protests and hates the military too." Matthew retorted. He pulled up to an older looking burger joint, stopped the car and got out. "What do you guys want? I'm buying."

He noticed Charles' motions and chose to ignore them. "Whatever, man" He said as he walked past the car.

"A chocolate milk shake and a burger." Charles simply said.

Amy stared at him and sighed "why,why,why,why………… let's go already" she lay across the back seats and turned around so she didn't face the two in the front.

"Fine! Where do you want to go Amy?" Charles hollered as he got out his wallet,giving Mathew a wad of money.
"Here,"

Matthew came back with the food. He handed Charles his food and got back in the driver's seat. He ate his cheeseburger quickly, but left the fries in the bag between his leg. "I said I'll buy. Keep your money." He said to Charles

"Where to now?" Matthew asked as he fired the engine back up.

"Hawaii" she mumbled. "I don't know! Just drive!" She said. " no need for hollering " she smirked.

"No take it." Charles shoved it into his chest.
"Just drive, just drive." He said to him.

"Pfffffffffft, I'll have that !oney thamks! No highschooller needs to be paid to drove friends places!" She complaimed

"I've been to Hawai'i" Matthew remarked. "Perks of living in the military I guess."

He pushed the money back to Charles as he began to drive around the square. "I figured there would be a bigger city, since we're less than an hour from a military base." Matthew scoffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.