The Yakuza Clans

M

Makomin

Original poster
[BCOLOR=#2c2c2c]The empire is in full blossom.

Two thousand years ago, the ten kami of the clans faced the black kami (and their brother) Fu-Leng, king of the Okoku Kage (SHadow Realm), accompanied by the great sage, Shinsei (New Way). The Heroes that, alongside Shinsei, came back to the empire to start a tournement where all of them would take part in , and the winner would rule among them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#2c2c2c]Musashi, the Green Dragon, didn't take part in the tournement because he already knew who would win. As predicted by Musashi, Hantei the First rised with victory as the new emperor of the Hisui Teikoku (the Jade Empire).
As such , every brother sworn fealty to Hantei, and founded a Clan to help him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#2c2c2c]Kisada sworn to protect the borders, so nobody could enter and he would face Fu-Leng, the one that had killed his son and founded the Crab Clan whose color would be grey.

Musashi sworn to learn and teach the power of the body, and the power of illumination over it and founded the Dragon Clan whose color would be green.

Suzumi sworn to protect all art and forms of the human soul, be it dance, be it the art of the sword and founded the Crane Clan whose color would be white.

Leyamee sworn to excell in the arts of the occult, magic and science, so he could lead the way of the empire And founded the Fenix Clan whose color would be orange.

Han Sui sworn to learn all the secrets, know all the corners and accept the weight of the shadows, and founded the Scorpion Clan whose color would be blue.

Motoko Sworn to protect the emperor and his peace, and if his peace was broken, to punish the guilty, and founded the Lion Clan whose color would be red.

Kuomo sworn to protect the Mother Earth, and it's balance over the empire, to give the emperor Mother Earth's wisdom, and founded the Wolf Clan, whose color would be brown.

Miyu sworn to honor the sea, and protect it, so the lords of the waves would provide them with all they need, and founded the Shark Clan, whose color would be yellow.

Han sworn to protect the hearts and minds of the people, and heal them all: earth, sky, sea, men and beasts, and purge what Fu-leng taunted, and founded the Lotus Clan, whose color would be Magenta.[/BCOLOR]

Now , many years later , the Scorpion Clan , after intricate planning and detail , had finally overthrown the Emperor and his entire domain , alongside the economy of the country . All the clans of the Yakuzas are required to send a representative to negotiate the situation . When each clan member meet , what will happen ?

[fieldbox="Hanazawa Katsumi, goldenrod, solid"]

f654e9086747e1ec3aad7a7c85836b34.jpg

"Katsumi ."

The brunette female stopped in her stride before turning around at the voice of the male . Her feet movement causing the wooden flooring beneath her feet to creak , "Yes , Father ?" . She had a rough idea of what her father wanted to talk to her about . Or more like inform her about .

"You are required to stand in for Akio in a meeting . All the Yakuza clans will be there . Once you are there , you shall be informed ." , the gray-haired man said before giving a small smile .

She nodded her head before bowing slightly , "As your wish , Father ." . Before excusing herself , the brunette's father called out , "Do take care , Katsumi and remember who you are ." . Katsumi Hanazawa bowed her head once again before making her way to the carriage that was already in front of the Hanazawa residence .

"Katsumi Hanazawa of the Fenix Clan ." .

The daughter of the leader of the Fenix Clan followed the attendant that was issued to her , to show her the way to the huge meeting room the other clan representative were in . The female attendee bowed before saying , "Hanazawa-sama , everyone will be gathered here ." . She then slid open the paper-covered door .

"Thank you , and please , you don't need to bow to me ." .

Before the attendee could reply the next Fenix Clan leader walked into the room swiftly , pausing to bow at the entrance before making her way to a vacant small table that was next to the backyard of the award-winning leisure home that hosted many important meetings .

[/fieldbox]

Otosan Uchi was, as it's name proposed, the Father of all Cities. More than 10 million people, from simple Eta Slaves, going through Heimin peasants to Kuge Samurais, the ones that ran the empire. THey all lived in Otosan Uchi, they all lived in the service of the Emperor. They are dead now.
A Way of normality covers the entrance of the city, but anyone could see all the people there were Scorpions, and then that all was a bad jest. Over the walls covering the entrance of the diplomatic way, Otosan Uchi was a smoking coil of what the coup has really been: an organized massacre perpetrated by the Lotus and the Scorpion.

The new emperor, Shoju I decided to invite every diplomat that would listen to him to get support from the other clans. The Yasuki's of the Crab, Hanazawa of the Fenix, Kitsuki of the Dragon and Yoritomo of the Shark had already attended and the rest, one by one, were spect to give in and send their people.

Yoritomo Morito, in turn, was send to secure positions for all the organizations he felt he was part of. First, he'd try to stablish a new alliance with the allies of Emperor Shoju and then, make piece with the other forces in the court as a Shark clan representative. AS the Blue Suns' noble contact, he was there because the Yakuzas of every familly were trying to determine the implication of every one of them in the new economy of the Empire. But as for now, nothing had happened. He had been for a week in the imperial palace but Shoju was nowhere to be found, and the other diplomats were extremelly silent.

Being so, he found deligthful the chance to see another lady come, a Fenix this time. Maybe she could tell him some news from the Empire. Morito reached out for her once she settled in and presented himself. Konichiwa, Hanazawa-sama. I'm Yoritomo Morito, hatamoto of the Shark clan. It's a pleassure to see there are new faces in the court. ALl the others saw them with interest-

The atmosphere was a tranquil one , or at least that was what it seemed to be . The next leader of the Fenix Clan was slightly apprehensive about the reason as to why this meeting was called for . If the Emperor did require the assistance of the Yakuza clans other than the ones that had gone berserk , Katsumi Hanazawa was willing to lend the help of her own clan , in the service and loyalty they have , but also for the opportunity to obtain much needed scientific research materials . Passing up an opportunity like that would be....very disappointing .

Konichiwa, Hanazawa-sama. I'm Yoritomo Morito, hatamoto of the Shark clan. It's a pleasure to see there are new faces in the court.

The female turned to be faced with a man almost her age or at the most , few years older than her . She had heard from her personal attendee at her household that there were many 'diplomats' arriving . She just didn't expect one to approach her that soon .

To display politeness and respect , the female bowed before returning the introduction , "Hello there , Yoritomo-sama , I am the daughter of the leader of the Fenix Clan . It is indeed a pleasure to be of acquaintance with yourself , as well ." . Katsumi did note the many eyes on them , but she was pretty sure that they were merely looking for a source of entertainment in a very boring room .

[/fieldbox]

Ah, Katsumi-Dono! Let me welcome you to the new imperial court. We are itching for news since it's been a week we've been cut out from external word. Curious movement to send his daughter to the court, Hanazawa-sama. This could mean that he was looking for a suitable groom for her to find an alliance.

However, the moment was curious. The 7 great clans not involved in the coup tried to stop Shoju and declared war, and then when the scorpion and the lotus tried to send diplomats, they killed them all. Now, they were waiting diplomats from both clans to negociate a peace Shoju has already forced with her fierce control of the economy. Was the Fenix pretending to take part of that?

Ah, Katsumi-Dono! Let me welcome you to the new imperial court. We are itching for news since it's been a week we've been cut out from external word.

The brunette female raised an eyebrow at the Shark Clan representative before shifting her gaze , as though to look around the room but instead serving as a distraction to evaluate the words of the male next to her .

What makes him , or possibly the other diplomats think that the Fenix Clan was not left in the dark as the rest of them have ? Using all knowledge of her having to undersee the many documents prepared as a way to easier the clan's trading , she has not come across any that stated directly or even indirectly that they had any part with the Scorpion or Lotus Clan or even any of their subordinates , Katsumi thought to herself before looking at the male directly in the eye .

"Yoritomo-sama , I can ensure you that the Fenix Clan is left in the dark as much as the other clans are . Maybe even more ." , Katsumi informed before asking , "What about the Shark Clan ? Wouldn't you have information ? Considering how taking over the shore by the sea is a very tactical way of ensuring victory in any battle ." .

[/fieldbox]

Wise girl. Unfortunatelly. It's sad to know that, Hanazawa-Dono. I would think that the Masters of the Words would be using their power to gain insight in what's happening. If they weren't, that's because they have been in league with the Scorpion.

Originally, the Shark have wanted to take a hand in the coup when it was simply a sabotage tothe court since the emperor had turned weak, so the Shark would help the Hantei fall in the dark and would help the Hantei rise in the open, making Rokugan a better place. Everything changed when the Coup turned a massacre on the imperial familly.

The Shark might have news, but here at the court we have nothing. We are not even allowed to have Yojimbos! And that was dangerous. Thanks lady Sun and Lord Moon he was a master kendoka, a mage and able to have a weapon concealed even when naked.

As they were talking the rest of the court started a rapid and continuous chatter about every choice of words made by them. The court seemed a little more alive now.

It's sad to know that, Hanazawa-Dono. I would think that the Masters of the Words would be using their power to gain insight in what's happening.

Katsumi Hanazawa merely smiled faintly before walking towards the small table that was to be used by the Fenix Clan , or more specifically , her father . "Many have the misconception that the right time to strike an opponent is as the English saying goes 'Strike when the iron is hot' , but the very fabric of truth is that normalcy and routine is our greatest ally yet enemy ." .

"You see , once one gets into the habit of doing things in order , without any interruption , they tend to forget the possibility of anything counter-attacking them . Therefore , in my opinion , the clans who are the Emperor's allies should collect intel when the Scorpion and Lotus Clan least expects it ." .

The Shark might have news, but here at the court we have nothing. We are not even allowed to have Yojimbos!

The female chuckled lightly before looking around the room , noticing the air had somewhat lightened up . "On the side note , Yoritomo-sama , are there reasons as to why you are here , other than this meeting ?" .

[/fieldbox]

I'm not used to listen to plottings in the middle of a court. You're bold, in fact. The Shark said, although he was thinking, more than boldness, in stupidity. Scorpions were the masters of espionage and trying to send spies and collect information out of them is getting a good deal of killing done on your agents.

If i said all my reasons to be or to do in a place, i'd be lost, Hanazawa-dono. But indeed i'm planning to stay all winter. You can't sail with this climate so i have no way to go back. If all winter was going to be like this, Morito was going to turn into a plant.

I'm not used to listen to plottings in the middle of a court. You're bold, in fact.

Katsumi Hanazawa merely nodded her head before looking back to the table she was kneeled at , eyeing the pieces of official documents on it . Well , some of us have to be 'bold' or reckless . Most of us are all sitting around doing nothing , as if expecting the two rogue clans to give the kingdom back , she thought to herself before lifting her head up to be met by a sight of an attendee approaching her before bowing .

"Hanazawa-sama , sorry for the intrusion but a letter was issued to you by Hanazawa-dono's private staff member ." , the female attendee said before bowing once again and leaving the room , not before leaving an envelope to her .

My dear , Katsumi ,

I wanted to remind you that considering how you are in the presence of many diplomats or more precisely , the sons and daughters of these diplomats , please ensure that you form as many diplomatic bonds , as possible . We need the help of every clan as possible . Thank you .

Your father ,
Hanazawa .

Diplomatic bonds ? Really , he couldn't use a more subtle word than that ? This letter basically screamed in her face at the fact that her father wanted her to know more people , or more specifically their children or more like sons , so that they wouldn't face in the near future if her father decides to marry her off .

If i said all my reasons to be or to do in a place, i'd be lost, Hanazawa-dono. But indeed i'm planning to stay all winter. You can't sail with this climate so i have no way to go back.

The female sighed before answering the male back , "Well , fair enough , Yoritomo-sama , the people of my clan and myself have resided here since the very beginning of our history , so the cold does not really bother us in any way . If you do need a dwelling place that is suited for yourself , please don't hesitate to ask the help of the Fenix Clan ." .

[/fieldbox]

AS has the Shark, Hanazawa-dono. I would very much spend time within your private covens. An invitation to the private residence on Otosan Uchi was tempting... if they would let him go out. Mylady, might i ask you a question that might be a little unconventional? Asked Morito with a low tone of voice, more conspirative.

AS has the Shark, Hanazawa-dono. I would very much spend time within your private covens.
Mylady, might i ask you a question that might be a little unconventional?

The brunette female raised her head slightly to meet the Shark Clan's representative before nodding , "Yes , what is it ?" , she asked , albeit wary as to what he has to ask .

[/fieldbox]

WHat place you think the Yakuza have in this new empire our lord Shoju is forging? He couldn't compromise the girl more than that. He spected her to be intelligent and driven as she has demonstrated so far

What place you think the Yakuza have in this new empire our lord Shoju is forging ?

The next leader of the Fenix Clan was slightly taken aback by this question . It was true that she did think of the empire's political standing more than any female her age , but she had never really anticipated what the future of all the Yakuza were .

"I have my own reservations about what Lord Shoju has in mind . But I assume even if he does succeed into overcoming the threats of the recent , or even if he doesn't , I wouldn't be surprised if the Yakuza remains in the same position as they were , maybe even lower down ."

The brunette saw it fit to not mentiom the fact that some Yakuza clans would take the opportunity to overthrow his Majesty . Permanently this time .

[/fieldbox]

Hmn... Even with scorpion Yakuza having the strongest position among us? That's quite interesting. I'm of the position that something is cooking up right now...
Before Morito could advance, the doors opened and a group of the Lion, Crane and Crab entered the stance, accompanied by Lotus and Scorpion Yojimbo and diplomats. With them, the Emperor Shoju I and his Emerald champion, the Lotus Clan member Tsukumi Murukafu entered the great hall.

My good friends! Greeted the emperor to everyone in the stance, who hastly moves in front of him and made a bow with their forehead on the ground. I'm extremelly pleased to see you here.

Katsumi Hanazawa was about to respond to the male when the Emperor and the other clan representatives arrived , as though in a procession . Following protocols , the female got onto her knees and bowed face down , as a sign of respect . Just as she was to take her sit at her assigned table , the male representative of the Lotus Clan greeted her .

"Oh , your father has finally allowed you to show yourself in a national conference , huh , Katsumi ? It was about time ."

The next leader of the Fenix Clan smiled slightly before replying , "He did , indeed , Shin-ah ." . Although , she did feel the penetrating gaze of the Crab Clan leader as he took his respective seat next to a fellow representative . Her tactic in this conference was to lay low and if possible , make as little argument and justifications as possible . Knowing full well that almost everyone was to insert his or her voices on the matter , Katsumi figured that only voicing out when the time was at it's peak was more critical .

[/fieldbox]

PLease, let us take sake and talk at length this day. Said Shoju while sitting in the throne with the big Chrisantemum that has been the Mon of the hantei familly for millenia.
My good embassadors, we have been at war for a little, but i do not wish to fight you. You are letting your precious armies get killed by sword, fire and intelligence to destroy what i have already build. So, what would it take to stop this sensless war? Asked Shoju to everyone.
The Ikoma emissary was at the berge of snapping to Shoju's neck, but the others showed they were deeply wounded.
We need to go back to the wall. The troops that are fighting us, send them back with us to the wall and we will stop this war, before the shadowlands kill us all. Said the Yasuki in the name of the Crab.

We Will fight! We will honor our bounds to the Hantei! Roared the Lion.
We haven't agreed with the Lion in a long time, but now it is the time. The Crane will continue to stand in the field for the sake of honor. Said the Doji emmisarie.
We have already seen the wisdom of your actions Shoju. Musashi-sama thinks you have heard what he had to say, and as you understood, the Dragon is behind you. Said the Kitsuki.

My good embassadors, we have been at war for a little, but i do not wish to fight you. You are letting your precious armies get killed by sword, fire and intelligence to destroy what i have already build. So, what would it take to stop this sensless war?

We need to go back to the wall. The troops that are fighting us, send them back with us to the wall and we will stop this war, before the shadowlands kill us all.

We Will fight! We will honor our bounds to the Hantei!

We haven't agreed with the Lion in a long time, but now it is the time. The Crane will continue to stand in the field for the sake of honor.

We have already seen the wisdom of your actions Shoju. Musashi-sama thinks you have heard what he had to say, and as you understood, the Dragon is behind you.

In all honesty , the female from the Fenix Clan felt like knocking the heads of almost all the diplomats in the room , including King Shoju . But she could not do that nor voice it out , unless she wanted to spend her future in prison for treachery . Killing the soldiers of the Shadow Realm ? Really , was that their plan to get back the empire and keep the peace ? What about the people ? Did they not matter ?

The annoyance on her face was evident as she remained silent . She remembered her own father ridiculing the upper classed Yakuza members of other clans and distinctively remembered that she was petrified that they might be prisoned , but now she knew the level of their stupidity and immaturity .

"Your highness , if you do not mind me questioning the diplomats and yourself , what will be the outcome of taking the lives of all the soldiers of the Shadow Realm ? Will their leader really cower in fear ? And say they do surrender , do you really think the Shadow Realm is infamous for not seeking vengeance in the most brutal ways possible ?" , she questioned calmly .

[/fieldbox]

((didn't get what you're asking. Lion and crane said they'd continue to face Shoju, while the Dragon said they were with Shoju and the Crab said that if the Scorpion gave away some troops, their armies could go back to the wall and stop the shadowlands, as always))

(She's asking what's the point in fighting the soldiers of the Shadow Realm .)