The world we live in,Hell (Walking dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost sat on the bus seat toying with his gun. He was removing the clip and placing it back in. He was also removing the silencer and placing it back on again. There was an awkward silence in the bus. Ghost would glance up at the new girl and continue toyinf with his M4 or Magum.
Melanie was nervous. She was terrible in close-quarters combat, and if walkers were to accumulate over the night, effectively trapping them inside, she didn't know what she would do. It was a scary thought, to say the least. At least I am in good hands, she thought.

Rain began to come down in sheets. She kept glancing up the windows for signs of walkers, or of the boss and Rex. She knew the two could handle themselves perfectly fine, but it still worried her that they hadn't returned yet.

The atmosphere of the bus took on an awkward vibe as she, Ghost, and the newest member of the group sat in silence. She mimicked Ghost, taking out her pistol and checking it over, taking it apart to make sure that it was in working condition before assembling it back together again, all the while looking up from time to time, hoping to see the boss and Rex come to the doors of the bus at any minute.

Reactions: GhostJoker
"Nervous?" asked Ghost in a low voice. He reloaded the gun by placing the clip inside and twirled the gun. "Why are you nervous, Melanie? Your shaking hands and constant look out the windows...you're obvious"

Reactions: Amberlin
"Nervous?" asked Ghost in a low voice. He reloaded the gun by placing the clip inside and twirled the gun. "Why are you nervous, Melanie? Your shaking hands and constant look out the windows...you're obvious"
Melanie jumped at the sound of Ghost's voice. She listened to what he said and glanced down at her lap, shame reddening her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I'm just..." Her voice trailed off as she looked to Dolores, who appeared to be either sleeping or resting in the seat across from her, and set her gaze back on Ghost. "I'm just scared," she replied quietly. "I'm not as strong as Rex. He uses a sledgehammer like it's as light as a stick! I'm not like the boss, or her" - she nodded to Dolores - "or...you like you. You guys are strong. You're survivors."

Melanie frowned and glanced back out the window to her left, feeling tears build up in her eyes. She blinked them away and sighed, giving her attention to Ghost. "We don't get to be upset. We all have our jobs to do."

And with that being said, she sniffled, loaded her weapon, and looked back out at one of the windows, this time with a calm purpose in her expression and demeanor.

"You're right. We don't get to be upset." Ghost puts his gun in his back pocket and looks at Melanie. He brings his hands together "Being obvious is a weakness. Exposing your weakness allows the enemy beat you. You need to be strong. This is about survival now. Keep yourself together...Mel.

Melanie bit her lip and nodded to Ghost. He was absolutely right.

Daniel continued walking, in whichever direction his gut told him to go. He looked around, keeping his crystal blue eyes scanning the area, making sure nothing sneaked up on him. I really hope I can make it to my next destination without any- His thoughts were cut short as he heard a low groaning noise behind him. He turned, holding the stake defensively as he saw a couple walkers headed towards him. "Crap...." he mumbled as he sighed. "I just had to say something, didn't I?" he watched them closely, as they were really slow, yet that doesn't mean they weren't dangerous. They couldn't tire out, he could. That's what made them dangerous....

Crystal / Sudbury

She felt herself shiver, but it wasn't from the cold... No, the cold she could handle, but this? She wasn't too sure she could handle this... Crystal closed the door to the garage where the older couple had hung their selves from the hanging garage door rails. They hadn't begun to stink yet, but the sight was enough to make the young girl gag...

She had come here looking for food, but she had quickly learned she wasn't the only one. There were groups of the dead ones wandering from noise to noise looking for something living to disembowel and consume... She knew she could avoid them easily enough in such a small community as this one, but she knew the dangers of running into a larger group. She had seen first hand what a large number of these... These... Walkers, could do...

Crystal found her way to the kitchen and began searching through the drawers for silverware... Not the cheap stainless steel, but actual silver. She remembered something her mother had said about the benefits of using silver on eating utensils, was that it was harder for bacteria to grow on it, and so it was safer to eat off. Unfortunately, the poor older couple that lived here didn't know that, and so they didn't have any... Instead, she settled for the few cans of beef stew they had left in the cabinet, and a loaf of bread that hadn't been opened yet, so it was still fresh.

Crystal stuffed the goods into her bag, and moved on into the couples bedroom... She immediately noticed how simple, and clean it all was... It seemed they didn't have many personal possessions at all. She wondered at that, before moving to the closet. She took one last look around the barren bedroom and opened the door...

A smile spread across her face as she saw the array of tools, guns, and memorabilia she had stumbled across. It appeared the couple had unlocked their closet safe for a traveler such as her to make use of... She walked towards the open safe and plucked a note from beneath a magnet that was stuck to the side of the metal safe door...

"Dear reader,

Since you're reading this, I must assume you are making use of our earthly belongings, since we no longer have need of them. I suppose money won't be a valid currency for very much longer, but if it can be of use, I have $250,000 in cash stored in a little box just above the safe... Just push on the ceiling tile, you'll see... I'm afraid Cecilia and I don't have much food in the house... We always preferred fresh food over canned or frozen, but what we have left is yours... The keys to the Sedan are in the safe, as are all my guns, and her jewelry. All I ask is that you leave what you don't need, for the next person.

I hope fortune finds you, and the Lord keeps you...

~ The Lawrens"

Crystal felt tears in her eyes as she finished... "Those poor people... " she whispered, quietly to herself.

She kept herself from crying for them, remembering that sound attracted the dead, and instead she began rummaging through the safe, taking a few boxes of 9mm ammo for herself since she had run out of the small box she'd kept in her gun case. She felt a heavy weight lift off her chest as she realized she wouldn't have to tackle any more dead people if she needed to kill one... She almost smiled, but she just couldn't right now...

She finished looting the open safe, and turned to leave. She felt like taking the couple down and doing something with the poor old couples bodies, but she wasn't big enough, nor would it be smart, since she would make so much noise... But regardless, it was the thought that counted, right?

Crystal thought so, and with that, she made her way to the back door of the house once more, intent on making her way through this neighborhood before the sun disappeared...

Virus Outbreak: 2nd Month 2nd Week

Two weeks had passed since Felix had met up with the group of six. They consisted of two women and four men and, though no strong bonds had been made, Felix could sense the sexual tension in the air and made the decision early to leave the group when things started to get nasty between everyone, as they eventually would.
The group had accepted him without much hesitation or questioning after he'd caught them up in the woodlands. They hadn't seen him as a threat; he had no food, no water and no firearms. Though for two days the leader had held on to his cleavers.

The group had then stumbled across a small group of walkers. The leader, a tall dark skinned man that went by the name of Barnes, had thrown the cleavers over to Felix and watched in horror. Felix had dispatched the six walkers on his own and a malicious grin had spread across his face as he had silently mouthed his counting, cutting them down one by one. The rest of the group had stood open mouthed and watched, barely reaching for their weapons.
"Six, a new record.." Felix smiled to himself as he wiped the blood from the cleavers on the grass and slid them back into the holsters, "..I assume I can keep a hold of these now?" he'd smirked as he aimed the rhetorical question at Barnes. At that moment, as his defiant eyes had locked with the leader of the group in a mini power struggle, one of the women had screamed out. A blood curdling scream Felix would never forget.
A seventh walker had shambled up behind her without being spotted and ripped a chunk out of her exposed neck.
Felix had watched the transition in awe, the woman had turned from friend to foe, from human to meat, in the blink of an eye. Without much thought and with no remorse he took out his two cleavers, walked calmly across to her and brought the cleavers down killing both the walker and the 'soon-to-be-walker'. He turned to face the group.
"..Eight.."

Virus Outbreak: Present Day

The sound of the rain on the roof of the car soothed Felix, reminding him of being in a tent in the forest camping with his father. He'd watched the group ahead of him split, at least three had taken shelter in a large bus. After seeing this he had assumed that they didn't plan to go anywhere any time soon and had taken shelter from the rain in the car with blacked out windows. He laid with his right arm wrapped behind his head and sighed to himself, 'Actually quite comfortable..' he thought as he reached into his brown rucksack he had expertly crammed into the foot well beside him and pulled out a half-eaten apple. He observed the brownish tinge on the once yellowy white apple skin and frowned.
"I need better food…"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ghost saw as Melanie nodded. He looked back down at the ground, but then heard a groaning noise. He slowly got up and looked outside the windshield. The headlights had a walker walking towards the bus. It seemed to be alone, but it was unknown if there was a horde behind it. He still didn't know what was going on with Drake and Rex who were still out at the moment.

Ghost saw as Melanie nodded. He looked back down at the ground, but then heard a groaning noise. He slowly got up and looked outside the windshield. The headlights had a walker walking towards the bus. It seemed to be alone, but it was unknown if there was a horde behind it. He still didn't know what was going on with Drake and Rex who were still out at the moment.
Ghost slowly stood and looked through the windshield of the bus, and Melanie, while curious as to what the man was looking at, knew better than to ask. The last time she had opened her mouth when Rex had went silent and headed forward, she ruined his chance to get the jump on a walker. She kept her mouth shut tightly this time around for the sake of their safety. While staying seated, Melanie craned her neck to see past Ghost. Through the windshield, she could just barely make out the unmistakable shambling gait of a walker in the rain, illuminated by the headlights of the car Dolores had came out of earlier.

Melanie glanced up at Ghost, and then back at the walker through the windshield, waiting to see what Ghost wanted to do about the situation. In the back of her mind, she hoped Rex and the boss were okay, and that the two strangers she had seen in the distance were safe.

Ghost thought about going out to take the walker, but he knew better not to risk himself or the others lives this way. He looked back at Melanie and then at Dolores. He went back to the bus seat and sat down. Letting the walker pass by. "My patience is running low"

A girl had suddenly appeared, panting and shaking. Completely out of breath and looking exhausted. She was barely stable on her feet, she held only a metallic bat in her hand which was covered in blood and bits of flesh. She had lost her own group days ago, they had been slaughtered in the night, most eaten alive. Turned and bit. She had made it out and hadnt stopped running.

She was praying softly "lord save me" she whispered hiding as a walker moved by. Her long blond curls were streaked with blood and she was pale. A gun on her hip but she was out of bullets. Her eyes scanned the area for any sort of salvation. She thought she saw a flicker of movement ina nearby bus but assumed it was another walker.

The walker suddlenly spoke. Lifting her arms in desseperation. Emma was cold, cofused and scared.. she didnt like not knowing where she was, she felt vulnerable and weak.
"Anyone?! J..just help me... please... i lost my way!!
Im scared and cold... I..Im a medic" that last part she mumbled.. falling to her knees. She was in a state of hypothermia from being under the heavy rain for so long.

Emma's face was covered by a gas mask. She has very long firery orange hair and large, almond shaped green eyes. She was no older then 17.. so her face reflected a childish look. Her face has a hint of freckles and her clothes were torn. Her last team had gone nuts and tried to rape her... since she was the only female survivor. Emma banged her head against whatever she was leaning on and cried.... "Im.. im going to die?"

Her gaze was drawn to the girl who was crying for help since she was close to her. She reached out from where she was hiding and grabbed the girl Emma by the collar, she pulled her back and put a hand firmly over her mouth "shut up unless you want to get us both killed. Your not going to die and i dont plan on dying either"

She took a deep breath "now listen to me and you be honest with me. Have you been bit? And do you have weapons?" Her icy vibrant blue eyes stared at her intensly. She had a piercing and intense gaze that usually made people uncomftorble. Her grip was strong on the girl. Not wanting her to do anything stupid. The 19 year old slowly removed her hand and waited for a reply.

• Love
Ghost heard a commotion outside the bus. He slowly reloaded his weapon and looked at Melanie, nodding his head. He got up slowly and crouched trying to see who the people were outside the bus

Ghost heard a commotion outside the bus. He slowly reloaded his weapon and looked at Melanie, nodding his head. He got up slowly and crouched trying to see who the people were outside the bus
Melanie's lips became a thin line as she returned Ghost's nod. She'd heard it, too - whispered voices outside the bus. She quietly stood and checked the windshield with a glance. The walker they had seen just a few moments ago was gone. She crept up just behind and to the side of Ghost, her pistol at the ready, and peered out the side windows with him, looking for the owners of the voices. She prayed that the wandering walker from earlier was truly gone, if there were indeed others out there.

Daniel's eyes stayed on the two walkers in front of him, not wanting to lose them. They were both slow, meaning they should be simple to attack, yet they could still be stronger than he was, considering muscle wasn't his department. He was about to attack when he heard a groan from behind him. He quickly whipped around, coming almost face to face with a walker. "Dammit!" He yelled as he jumped back. That was much to close... He thought as he now was worried. He couldn't handle three, not with just a stake. He moved quickly, something he could definitely do, and took to running. Along the way, a couple of other walkers stop feasting on a decaying body, seeing fresh meat running along. One of them, the one farthest, turned and started running.... And do I mean running. This caused Daniel to panic slightly. He picked up his speed not wanting to take any chances. Maybe I could.... His thoughts raced as he began thinking of a way out of this.

• Love
She looked at the bus again sharply as she saw movement. Her vibrant gaze searching the bus, her eyes like two chunks of crystal. Bright in contrast to her blood streaked hair "dont talk" she hissed to emma "theres something moving around over there". She held her bat now tightly. She masked her fear well though it was in her like a spark. Though the flame of her will to survive over shined it. She peeked out from behind their hiding spot.

Emma looked at the woman.. tears running down her cheeks. She was saved. She heard something come out of the bus and covered her mouth in fear. She was useless at night, due to her being night blind. She took a deep breath "No i havent been bit.. i have a small knife with me.. please d..dont hurt me!" She felt intimidaded by the girl's intense gaze... even if she could barely make out her face.

She stayed close to the woman and gripped the small hand knife she had on her. Her pale hands gripped the knife tightly as she showed it to the woman... her eyes closing and her body colapsing on the ground, her state much worse then it looked. He gave heavy and elaborated.
After this she would start to halucinate and that wasnt going to be good for anyone.
Her skin was a sickly pale and she had bags under her eyes.. her gas mask had fallen and now exposed all of her young face as she coughed and shivered.She tried to get up. Her hair soaked and her eyes watering.. she had to stop crying! She coughed lightly.. covering her mouth and trying to keep quiet, Emma wasn't going to give up!

Daniel continued running, eluding most of he zombies, except the fast one unfortunately. One is still better than five... He thought as he took a turn. He noticed his was in a neighborhood, most of which was in ruins. He picked up speed, hearing the groaning zombie behind him getting closer, before he saw a fenced hi house. He ran towards it before jumping clean over it, almost like a hurdle. "Thank god I used to run track" he said before he landed in the backyard. The walker could only bang at the fence, hoping to tear it down. Ironically, and unknown to him, this was where a girl named Crystal was. He fell back on his back, taking time to catch his breath. He was thirsty again, but maybe he could find water or something in this home, for it seemed to still be intact, unlike the neighboring decayed homes.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.