The world we live in,Hell (Walking dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
{ for some reason I feel like Melanie and Dolores are gonna be Beth and daryl.... Female versions. A peacemaker and a warrior. AWWWW YIS c:< }

Dolores tensed up as shots were fired. She chose not to use we knife or move in any way which would make hopefully her new surviving partners unsettling and left the shots all to whoever it was. Dolores didnt look back. Perhaps it was a walker, and then she snapped out of it when she heard a voice. The voice that saved her.

"Are you alright!?" She asked running towards her. It was a female. She seemed young, slightly younger then Dolores and Dolores stood still as she dropped her knife and began to disarm herself to imply she wasnt going to do anything. Her pistol landed on the ground and she even took out the map tucked between her jean and lower back, tossing it on the ground infront of her.

"Exhausted. Feel like I can't... Can't walk..stand..." Dolores answered as she fell towards Melanie and leaned against her as support, her hands still up in the air as her elbows rested over Melanie's shoulders.

"Melanie!" She heard. This time it was a male voice and Dolores didnt move. She just rested on this girl now confirmed as 'Melanie' nonchalantly."Pat me down if you want. I disarmed myself." Dolores said, voice muffled.

(( @N o c e u r - You are awesome!!!))

Melanie stumbled but steadied herself as the brunette leaned on her. The poor woman was tired beyond hell, and Melanie could never say no to someone in need. She glanced back at Ghost and said, "I'm sorry, sir - I couldn't just leave her to die. What kind of people would we be then?"

She drew her attention back to the woman. "Can you stand? We'd better get your weapons back on you. My..." The words died on her tongue as memories of her old group came back to haunt her. "...My old boss taught me never to be unarmed."

Melanie squinted over the woman's shoulder at the bright headlights ahead. She had a feeling it would be drawing walkers from all different directions very soon.

Reactions: N/A
Ghost rushed towards Melanie. He hesitated yet helped her carry the fallen woman. He looked at Melanie "The Bus" he said reffering to a run down school bus behind them.

Reactions: Amberlin
[BCOLOR=#000000]Flash Back-Evil Men[/BCOLOR]

In this new world we live in. You either Adapt...or perish...

Paul opens his eyes and slowly gets up and quickly checks around for Lilly. The last thing he heard was her voice screaming "Daddy!" very blessed Lilly was right there by him shaking him. Trying to wake him up from being exhausted. He wasn't out for very long thankfully. "Lilly gotta keep going." Paul said pulling himself together and getting back up. And picking up Lilly and keeping her close to him. "Find a safe place. Until I figure out whats going on!" Paul walked though the grassy field to find the city. He had walked and carried Lilly for least hundred miles. Weaponless, with nothing more to make it but his legs, strength, and a fathers unfailing love for Lilly.

Finally entering the city. Paul did not go to far into the city. After shortly arriving there he heard so many gun shots, screaming, and saw many walkers eating children and adults. So much horror he saw in five minutes. He was ready to turn back, until a military soldier called him over into a building. "You get over here now!" Being dressed in military uniform. Paul trusted this man. With a strong hold on Lilly he ran over as the man in the uniform opened the door and closed it behind as soon as Paul and Lilly entered. The building was large, a apartment building. "Thank you.." Paul said turning around thanking the man in uniform.
"This shit ain't right...saw three of my friends...and soldiers get torn apart..just swarmed..screw that! I have a wife and a child on the way..I see you and..." the young soldier pointed out. "Thank you..again..can get up stairs?" Paul asked. "Yeah lets go there's more people up there."

Dolores was quiet for five seconds then stumbled back and dropped to her knees, picking up her knife, pistol, and map quickly. She placed the pistol back in her holster that hung on her belt and closed her butterfly knife as she put her hat back on, before grabbing melanie by her wrist and standing herself up.

"I figured if I disarmed myself momentarily you guys would take me in.." Answered Dolores as she regained her breath."I can run.. I'll manage. I've done track before." The female added as she walked towards the car and turned the headlights off."We get to high land, hide under a corpse, or under the car with a corpse. Your choice." Dolores suggested as she cleared her throat slightly.

Dolores was quiet for five seconds then stumbled back and dropped to her knees, picking up her knife, pistol, and map quickly. She placed the pistol back in her holster that hung on her belt and closed her butterfly knife as she put her hat back on, before grabbing melanie by her wrist and standing herself up.

"I figured if I disarmed myself momentarily you guys would take me in.." Answered Dolores as she regained her breath."I can run.. I'll manage. I've done track before." The female added as she walked towards the car and turned the headlights off."We get to high land, hide under a corpse, or under the car with a corpse. Your choice." Dolores suggested as she cleared her throat slightly.
Ghost rushed towards Melanie. He hesitated yet helped her carry the fallen woman. He looked at Melanie "The Bus" he said reffering to a run down school bus behind them.
Melanie gulped. The thought of being beneath a corpse for the rest of the night was...unsettling, to say the least. She could already tell this woman, much like Ghost, knew what she was doing. They certainly weren't born yesterday. Melanie was beginning to feel very inadequate.

"I, um... I think the bus is a good idea," she said, giving a nod to Ghost. "Do you think we should cut off those lights somehow to keep a horde from moving in on us?" She spun around to the face the young woman and gave her a nervous smile. "I'm Melanie, by the way. This is Ghost. What's your name?"

"Alright. Let's do it." Rex said to Drake. Following behind him, he pulled his pistol and hoped he wouldn't have to try and shoot anyone. He was perfectly fine with bashing a skull in but shooting was never really his strong suit. He picked up his pace to try and get as close as possible before they noticed so he would have some chance of having a face to face fight if necessary. "If things start going south up here.. We won't let them escape." Rex said to Drake. "I've got your back."

Hearing the commotion behind them, Rex saw a new girl with Melanie and Ghost. "What the f**k are they doing?!" Eyes wide looking to Drake. "We need to hurry up and figure out who these two up here are. Cause it looks like we got trouble back there to." Pointing to the ruckus going on behind them.

(((Don't mind me, just doing flashbacks)))

Flash Back-Evil Men

"And that what our orders were to do." Randy said, known the military young man who was nice enough to let Paul and his daughter in the apartment. All was quickly silenced in the upper stairs apartment. It was heading into after midnight. All of were up up stairs and had the door that lead up stairs closed off with a dresser leaned against it. Paul had his daughter in his lap and her head on his right shoulder. Lilly was asleep. And so were a few more children and a teen with their parents. Some others were in a room across the hall way. "May I ask?..where's your wife?..if that's not too much..." Randy asked holding his pregnant wife hand. "Divorced..." Paul replied showing Randy his right hand with no wedding ring. "Shit..." Randy use's his left free hand to rub his hairless bald head. "Sor-" Before Randy could finish saying sorry Paul interrupted him. "Don't be..it's life..." Paul looks at the ceiling, with the ceiling fan going around and around. Then the power cuts off. "That's not good..." Randy said getting up, letting his wife's hand go.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ghost looks at Melanie "No time for questions." Ghost walks to the front of the bus and turns the lever to close the doors so they are safe in the bus. Ghost was relieved that the lever actually worked still from the rundown bus. He looked through the front window carefully and decided to leave the the headlights on to see if any walkers were heading towards them from the front. "We'll wait in here. Stay quiet"

Ghost looks at Melanie "No time for questions." Ghost walks to the front of the bus and turns the lever to close the doors so they are safe in the bus. Ghost was relieved that the lever actually worked still from the rundown bus. He looked through the front window carefully and decided to leave the the headlights on to see if any walkers were heading towards them from the front. "We'll wait in here. Stay quiet"
Melanie nodded to Ghost and grabbed Dolores' hand, urging her to follow. "It's better than sleeping under a corpse for the night, right?"

Though, she didn't know the woman or her intentions, Melanie could not help but feel that she could trust her. Her demeanor said it all: this was a woman who took survival seriously, much like the other guys in the group. She hoped sincerely that Ghost, Rex, and the boss would accept her into their "motley crew". It would be nice having another girl around that was close to her age.

Dolores looked at where the bus was."Can't I lay over it?" She muttered before shaking her head."Whatever. Let's go then." She said."But what if there's walkers in that bus? We need a plan b." The female added calmly. Butt he group were beginning to head out, and Dolores followed along as she made her way inside the bus and stuffed herself between the cushioned leather seats in silence.

::Flashback::

"Are you paying attention?" Mrs. Cole asked, leaning forward in her lawn chair. Her hand was on the card table beside her, fingers tapping.

"Yes, ma'am," Melanie said, all the while repeating the list of supplies over in her head.

"What did I tell you, then?"

"Ibuprofen, tylenol, an ep...epin-"

"-Epinephrin pen-"

"-Yes, that. Um..." Melanie closed her eyes and recalled the list. "Gauze and dressings, alcohol, and clotting powder."

Mrs. Cole lowered her head and glared at Melanie. "And...?"

Confusion took over for a moment – wasn't that all she'd asked for? Then, Melanie remembered and pointed at the woman. "Benadryl. Right?"

"Claritin, girl. Jesus." The old woman shook her head. "Do you want dozing off while they're trying to defend the camp?"

Melanie wasn't sure if she was supposed to answer her or not, so she simply looked down at the the ground and averted her eyes.

"Oh, and get some Vaseline, if you can find it," Mrs. Cole added, now relaxing back into her rickety chair. "Grab whatever else you can carry. Everything is valuable, even if you think it isn't."

"Yes, ma'am," Melanie said.

Footsteps approached from behind her, and Melanie turned. Roland, the de facto leader of the camp, came around the RV they had parked nearby with a little girl following close behind. Her hair was brown with a braid on the side. A pretty ladybug hairpin was fastened to her hair at the base of the braid. She wore a Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers t-shirt, which told Melanie that the girl had amazing taste in entertainment. Melanie's smile was instant when the girl's brown eyes met her gaze.

"Mrs. Cole, I need you to watch Lilly here," Roland said, giving a nod to the girl. He looked down at her and smiled. "Lilly, this is Mrs. Cole, our nurse. And this is Melanie," he said, nodding in her direction.

Mrs. Cole pursed her lips, frowning. "Where did she come from?"

"A man found us named Paul," he replied. "This is his daughter. They've been traveling for days and need a place to stay for a while, so I expect you all to welcome them the same way I welcomed you. They're tired."

Melanie took a step closer and leaned over, resting her hands on her knees. "Hello there, Lilly. Do you like to color?"

Lilly didn't reply verbally, but the way her brown eyes lit up like Christmas lights said it all.

Melanie chuckled softly. "I'll see if I can't find you a coloring book and some crayons while I'm out."

"You need to go now," Mrs. Cole said, looking up at the sky with a hand over her eyes. "You're losing daylight just standing around."

Melanie gave Roland a can-I-please-punch-her-face look before heading into the RV to collect the supplies and ammo she would need for her run.

Reactions: Desperado
Ghost looked up through the windshield of the bus. He looked to see if the headlights attracted any walkers, but did not see anything. He sat back down, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eye before putting them back on. He always had a habit at wearing the sunglasses even when it was night. He didn't like exposing his face.

The crew didn't even know what he looked like because of the mask he wore on his face and the sunglasses he hardly ever took off. He wondered where Drake and Rex were and looked at Melanie and Dolore. "They don't come back by tommorow afternoon, we're leaving."

"Okay lets do this" Drake nodded at Rex's response and ran behind a car, He knelled behind the car aiming his bow, "You know it" He was happy to have someone he trusts in his group,"That's why i want you by my side" He smiled and stood up to shoot the bow, The arrow shoots at the car, A walker comes close to him and he takes his knife out and stabs the brain, The walker falls to the ground and he pulls the sharp knife out "That was close" He laughs.

He then sees Rex on his right staring behind him,"Rex what the hell, are you doing!?" He then looks behind him to see what Rex is looking at, His jaw drops when he sees Melanie and ghost helping a girl "We might have to take a detour" at that time the rain was pouring and getting in his vision.

"These survivors need to be confronted first. I'm sure Ghost can handle one girl." Rex said. The heavy rain began soaking through his clothes, Rex groaned as he brushed some of the water out of his eyes. "We need to get out of the rain too." Waiting a few moments he said, "Well, it's your call, boss. We can confront the survivors out there, duck down for some shelter until it clears up or head back and see who that girl is."

Virus Outbreak: Present Day
Felix had been following the trail of some survivors for a few days now. After being alone for almost an entire year, not counting the one or two weeks he'd spent with survivor groups, he had picked up some basic tracking ability - or common sense depending on how you looked at it. He nudged the dead walker with his boot, rolling it over so it was face up and saw the caved in face. "...Hmmm, some kind of hammer perhaps?" He said aloud to himself. "Better keep my distance to make sure I don't have to get out the boys.." He spoke softly. As he did so his hands reached down and gently caressed his two cleavers.

He started walking along the highway again, weaving in-between cars checking for anything usable though he knew everything would be looted by the survivors he was following, "Not people I want to be sticking with if they're missing anything from these vehicles.." he chuckled. He kept a track of the dead and the living dead - a few to his right slowly making their way across open fields to the road, much to far away to be a problem right now. His progress was reasonably slow, he made sure he checked everything he could and wasn't particularly in a great hurry to catch up with other survivors. The last time he'd bumped into some it'd gotten a little nasty...​

Virus Outbreak: 2nd Month

Felix had been out of the city and in the forest for a few weeks now, he had desperately tried to keep a track of the days but after a while it just became too much of a struggle. Malnutrition had started to take effect and combined with the lack of sleep had made him almost permanently exhausted. He was hoping that he would be able to avoid most of the larger packs, now he was a fair distance from the city, and try and collect some supplies from villages or farms - even meet up with some other survivors and group up for protection.

As he stumbled around a tree his face grimaced. Three zombies, two fully intact and one just a torso. He reached down and took out the two cleavers from the custom holsters he'd made in his belt and stood up straight. With one on the floor crawling he knew it would be better to wait for the first two to get close and take them out. He swung both arms at almost the exact same time - crashing down in the centre of each skull. The rotting flesh didn't give much resistance but the skull cracked and splintered. The cleaver in his left hand caught for a second and almost dragged him down to the ground as the zombie fell but he managed to retract it before it did.
As the third zombie crawled closer he raised his right leg and brought his boot heel down as hard as he could crushing the zombie instantly. "Score: Three. Not really noteworthy.." he said to himself as he regained his composure. 'Time to look for somewhere to rest up for the night..' he thought to himself as he scanned the surrounding area. Exhausted and hungry Felix carried on heading west, or what he assumed as west, using the position of the sun - but he wasn't entirely sure. Before long he began hearing voices in the distance.

"Survivors.." he whispered to himself hopefully.

Virus Outbreak: Present Day

Felix crouched behind a flipped white Van and peered around the edge. Far in the distance, just visible, he spotted survivors - he was too far to count how many exactly, '..three or four, perhaps even five...?' he thought to himself. He couldn't quite make out what they were doing or what sort of weaponry they had, he was much too far away. He would have to try and make his way closer, "... but not just yet.." he whispered to himself.
He had good senses and he'd learnt to trust them, he'd hang back a little longer and see how things played out.

After looking around for somewhere to sleep he saw a car with blacked out windows. 'Should do..' he thought to himself as he turned back towards the survivors and watched intently.

"...Patience." He spoke slowly to himself with a grin and brushed a stray strand of hair from his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Your right, I can trust ghost with one girl, Follow my lead" He nodded to Rex and gave a hand gesture to walk with him, His bow in his left hand and his quiver on his back, He hears groaning around him. he looks at his left and sees a walker coming close, He takes his knife out of his boot and slices through the brain, he begins to walk slowly to the lights of the survivors.

Ghost sat on the bus seat toying with his gun. He was removing the clip and placing it back in. He was also removing the silencer and placing it back on again. There was an awkward silence in the bus. Ghost would glance up at the new girl and continue toyinf with his M4 or Magum.

Daniel sighed as he sat atop the rooftop of an old abandon house. He shifted his backpack, which contained his canteen from his father's military days, a couple of shirts he found whilst walking around, and other contents. I could really use some food right now.... He thought to himself as he looked around. He had been snacking on a small package of animal crackers, which he was lucky to find unopened when he did while he was trekking along the way, hoping to find some survivors. This place has gone to hell. He thought, then shook his head. No, the entire world as gone to hell, and who knows if we can even get out of it. He sighed as he stood. No use sulking around all day, he needed food, and he was gonna find it.

He jumped down from the rooftop carefully, picking up a stake that was implanted into the ground. He walked off, wondering if he would ever find someone, considering his odds would be better with others on his side, than him being alone....

"You know I will." Rex replied. Following closely behind him. He continued watching the lights in hopes that they would be on the before they could have a chance to start shooting. His sledgehammer swung about in his right hand as he walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.