The World of Narif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eku stumbled back in terror, obviously not picking up the humour in the sentence. He gripped his knife handle, ready to rip it out and fight his way out. Still unsure, he relaxed as Thun roared in laughter. He hung his head in embarrasment, and then quickly replied,
"We, the Shakra, have a new leader. I warn you, she is not primitive. One of the most intelligent people I have met." He scratched his head, and opened his mouth to speak, interrupted as the blonde courier skidded over to where they were. Eku tilted his head in curiousity at his blonde hair.

---

"What do you have to tell me that is so important as to call a meeting with me?" Syla asked coldly, her bright green eyes digging fear into the messenger's eyes. The messenger gulped, and shakily replied.
"A f-few others, and me, were searching for people in the forests, like you a-asked -"
"Get on with it!" Syla snapped back, a dark cloud of tiredness swarming around her. The messenger nearly fainted in fright.
"R-r-ruins. We f-found ruins." The messenger said, struggling to control himself. Syla was silent, gears churning in her brain.
"I am sorry Thräk. Thank you for this vital information. You are dismissed," the Lahk said with a sigh. She stood still until the messenger left the building, then pressing her face into her hands. "You need to sleep," Perqu's soft voice echoed in the silence. "I will look after Omksa while you are asleep. Go. Now," he resolved. Normally, Syla would snap back, but she went willingly, walking to her house, then falling into a deep sleep

After taking a couple of seconds to absorb the Dragonkin's words, Kiru decided he was telling the truth. She retracted her sword, which shook slightly as the runes were dispelled, before casting a quick and very rough healing spell on the lizard that would prevent any more blood loss. It wouldn't close up the wound though, and considering it's size, she doubted that the man would ever make a full recovery. "You will accompany us to the Citadel. You will be allowed to send a warning to your people, and our Queen will decide what to do with you. It is a crime, after all, to fly in Tenshi airspace without permission." She turned away from the savage, knowing full well that even with the spell in place, he wasn't making any sudden moves, before scrawling a short chain of glyphs in the air, which shimmered for a time, before dissipating into the sky. After a few minutes of waiting, one of the Tenshi battlemages disappeared. That mage was followed by 3 more, then the injured dragonkin, then Kiru and the remaining tenshi. The golems stayed behind. On the other side, they found themselves standing in what looked to be a dark chamber, lit only by eerie green braziers at regular intervals around the wall. The floor boasted a complex design featuring a 7 pointed star and so many runes it looked like it was flowing. Without further word, the dragonkin was marched several kilometers by the tenshi patrol, to the huge ornamented doors of the Palace, which swung open readily, as if expecting them. Kiru was a little hesistant to call on the Queen - she had no idea if she would be asleep or not, although she realised the sentinels reacting to the dragonkin would probably have woken her up anyway. They stood in the center of the great hall, the icy evening air forcing them to shiver and generally look rather displeased as they waited for someone to greet them.

"Thun!" Yaonl said as he used the hilt of his sword to strike the man's groin. Thun slumped over holding his most precious part and writhed in agony."Quit making our guest feel unconformable. We'll only do such things if he does something stupid. Now, go back into the sack and stay there." Yaonl then lifted his sword threatening another strike and that sent Thun running back. Shortly after Sen returned nursing a few wounds and the courier arrived as well clutching the Emperor's response.

"Sorry about Thun's behavior. The man is a half-wit and as for your leader, you are tribes correct?" Yaonl then noticed that Eku seemed distracted by something."What is the matter?"

Baskal agreed with her and said a curt thank you when she casted the healing spell on him. In all honesty, due to the blood loss from before making him not think properly, he would be able to heal the wound up so easily that it would only leave a small scare like those on the rest of his body and it would not hinder his combat prowess, but in order to do so he would need to activate his Dragons Rage, and activating it out of nowhere while in their care would be detrimental to his goals. He watched as the glyphs disappeared into the air and as they slowly teleported before he was in the long chamber. He walked along, studying it, until suddenly he was frozen up, like he was being restricted by an invisible rope, before he realize that there were a couple of Golems staring right at him and that they had a small glow upon their bodies, not noticeable to most, but noticeable to him, as he was a war veteran, and could see small details clearer than others and find them faster than others/

After several silent minutes, Shakumi appeared in the chamber. She was surprised to see another dragonkin in there. 2 in 1 day and neither attempting to declare war took her completely off guard. "Kiru, the Dragonkin are currently in a cease fire with us. I ask that you do not engage any that may appear in our land. As a high ranking member of the guard, I would appreciate it if you could pass the word on to the general population, too." She turned to address the Dragonkin. "It's been a while since I've seen someone with quite so pronounced features. Not since I slayed one of your ancestors on the battlefield. It's surprising to see one in such a... broken state." She deactivated the sentinels, releasing the dragonkin from his spacial prison. "You're welcome to do as you like, though I suggest you be careful next time you decide to strand yourself inside the Celestial Dominion. We've been having some issues with animals and bandits acting strangely recently, hence why patrols are so large."

Baskal looked upon Shakumi with slight Awe, his father had told him stories about how she and her people were able to fend off his for a very long time without problems, and that she had enough magical knowledge that she herself was her own archive. She was also fairly beautiful in Baskal's eyes. "I apologize, i was sent on a Political Mission to Rogess and they attacked me when i tried to leave, while i was attempting to escape some of them showed up and took out my Borla, i was able to damage their steeds but they managed to hurt me badly. Do you know where i can go to send a message to my leader? I need to inform her that Rogess has declared War on the Dragon Alliance, and i nor my people want to drag you into it." He finished and stood a little straighter, his rigidness that of a General assessing a leader in respect. Not once did his eye's trail from hers, as it would be disrespectful, and Baskal would not disrespect the person who had earned so much of his or his peoples respect.

"A message? You stand in the greatest location for magicians across several dimensions and ask if it would be possible to send a message?" Shakumi laughed; she had forgotten how simple young people could be. She drew several runes in the air, which dissapated just like the ones Kiru had drawn earlier. A few seconds later, a fireball appeared at shoulder height off to the side of the queen, before exploding into the signature form of a Phoenix. "Tell the apprentice here what your message is. He still needs practice with long distance telepathy, but he should be able to beam the words into your leader's head. It's rather intrusive though so I hope she's not trying to concentrate on anything..."

"Alright, thank you, you have no idea what this means for me and my people." Baskal said gratefully as he bowed at the waste before turning to the bird of living fire. "I need you to tell my leader that Rogess has declared war on our people, and that i am wounded and won't be able to help until i reach our home lands." Baskal said to the phoenix, he truly was grateful to Shakumi for allowing him to send this message out. He bowed to the Phoenix as well in thanks. Honestly the bird of fire surprised him at first, as he thought they were mere legends, but seeing one in person showed him that sometimes legends turn out to be true.

[Yo and the creator]
Yo sat on a star of complete blackness flipping out trying to refrain from eradicating Ki, The goddesses of the Tenshi, The Guardian, The other Angels of the elements and Akrah the Dragon God were there as well. The creator sat on a large throne of space with one leg crossed and leaning on his arm.
"Well, if that idiot ever decides to drink the blood. They're gonna need some more power." Yo lifted a hand forming what appeared to be humanoid hedgehogs.

[Ki in his room, Delk, Keira and a random Vampire with him. Yo watching intensely.]
Ki cut his arm, then his Advisor Delk, followed by Keira and the Vampire. They let the blood drip into a simple cup and Ki drank it trying his best not to vomit. "Oh, Yo. What the hell!"

Yo frowned looking at him "Be grateful I didn't go with my first idea, virgin!" She stretched an summoned a bunch of large eggs, she reached her hands toward the sky and slammed them down toward Narif. The eggs hurtled toward the ground sending a wave of 1.5 million to start out their race. "I'm pooped. We'll have to wait until the next leader to drink for an amazing feat like that. I'm gonna take a nap." Yo curled up and did so, while Rogess cowered from the giant black eggs.

When the terror had ended they all came out from hiding to watch the birth of the mammals inside. Black beings that looked like a small version of an anthro Neko came out. Ki observed as one hatched at the bottom of the steps. "This is our miracle?" The ones of the ceremony came to see as well. "What are they?" Yo never responded to this due to being asleep. Delk stepped up and suggested naming them blanks. Ki nodded in approval "Blanks, anyways I have a suggestion. Oh, you can return to the caves Perseus." Delk and Keira remained, puzzled by their Xan's comment. Perseus the Vampire left for the caves.

Shakumi watched the Dragonkin leave - presumably toward the stable - before turning to look at the Guard Captain expectantly. After a short hesitation, the woman spoke up. She was a couple of decades older than Shakumi's current form, and knew nothing of the Ascensation process. She kneeled before her queen, sword pointed towards the floor as if she was offering her allegiance once more. "My lady, we return from the eastern wastes. It is indeed true what they say - We found the entrance to the ruin exactly where the information broker said it would be."
"Excellent. Notify the guards. I want 3 battalions ready at the Gateway in an hour."
The Captain stood, bowed and left in a hurry, followed by her patrol. Shakumi did not wait for them to exit, and headed directly to the palace's armory. Although, Vault was probably a more accurate term. Once there, she drew a sequence of 413 glyphs in the air infront of her. 413 glyphs that if written even slightly incorrectly would trigger a portal to the inside of the planet's core, filling the vault with 6000o​C molten iron. Upon rending the final character, the illusion spell shattered, and the full contents of the vault could be observed. The tunnel stretch on for miles, snaking deep into the ground. Valuable items and artifacts lined the walls, most left untouched for decades. She pondered for almost 20 minutes, before selecting a heavy black metal spear from the left wall. It was considerably longer than she was tall, with deep green emeralds encrusted at regular intervals along it's shaft. The blade was split down the middle, forming 2 parallel edges. The space between them was about a centimeter thick, and in it was mounted a long fragment of clear crystal. The telltale Master Rune of Transcendent Enchantments was clear on this crystal, and if one looked hard enough, one could make out thousands of glyphs covering it's surface and piercing inside it, as if it were 4 dimensional. As her hand came to rest on the grip, a shiver ran through her spine, and a name was whispered eerily on the non-existent wind. It said simply "Exulmir".

~magical timeskip to an hour after the captain left~

The Temple's interior was colossal. It positively dwarfed the already gigantic throne room of the Tenshi Palace. 300 fully armed warriors stood in it's center, and even then it felt as if they were mice in the presence of a mighty God. Electricity filled the air as 20 high ranking magicians raised staffs and tomes high above their heads. Free moving glyphs floated around the knights like tiny dust particles glittering in the dying light. Suddenly, every particle rushed to a central point in front of the regiment, exploding with green light until a wall of black smoke rose from the ground before them. The queen stepped into it first, followed by the solemn but excited marching of the soldiers.

On the other side of the portal, snow was falling. Either that, or ash. It was hard to tell at night. Before her, Shakumi saw their destination. A grey stone archway, 10 people wide, had been dug out of the cliffside, it's door thrown open. Inside, it was completely dark. The queen stepped cautiously across the boundary between the Celestial Lands and the unknown depths. She kept walking, followed by 300 warriors, many of whom had created light beams and were directing it in front of the group. Shortly, the corridor opened up into a large antechamber. Shakumi stepped up to a podium in the center, Exulmir in hand. She ordered the warriors to form defensive positions around the podium. Even if she couldn't use magic for the time being, she could still detect it's presence, and it was very strong here. She touched the podium, and right on cue, the walls exploded into a mass of dark matter. It fell to the floor and continued to leak out of cracks between stones, taking shape into a huge tide of black, otherwise featureless creatures with bright crimson eyes.

Sparks flew, the temporary flickering lights of spells casting eerie shadows against the walls. It was a competition between light and dark - day and night. The darkness weakened and threatened to extinguish the lights, while the light was renewed by the warriors wielding it, and used as a blade to cut through the liquid mass of shadow. For every shadow that was cut down, another would step up and take it's place. For every Tenshi knight cut down, another would step up and take it's place. Shakumi had expected losses, but this was beyond her predictions. She called out some commands, but the Tenshi were too engaged in protecting themselves to listen to anything but the roar of adrenaline in their ears. She sighed, forced to drop Exulmir on the altar - an action she did not want to be forced to do - there were many eyes within the Tenshi who would pay good money to obtain that spear for themselves. A spear so powerful few even think it could exist. She raised her hand out in front of her, clenched into a fist. When she unclenched it, an orb of burning light rocketed towards the wall. It collided, and collapsed in on itself, like a jelly dropping the floor at terminal velocity. The edges exploded, sending a ring of intense light out from it, following the walls of the circular chamber. Any shadow it hit instantly evaporated, including material that was yet to gain a shape.

[With Baskal]

Baskal headed off to the stables after muttering another thank you. He was going to see if anyone there was willing to sell or rent out a ride or steed of some such for him to use to get back to his lands. He wasn't quiet sure if they were going to sell to him regardless, due to how others view him and his people, but he was going to try to regardless. He arrived and saw that they indeed did have steeds willing to rent out and sell, but as he arrived he started having second thoughts.

[With Layla]

Layla was currently resting in her room, she had gotten the messages from her diplomats, and was glad she could reach some sort of Compromise with the Tenshi, but was disappointed that the other races weren't so inclined to at the least make a peace or trade treaty, currently though the talks in Odyrae were still going on, as was the one's with Rogess. She thought back on what she had done today, and reminded herself that all she did was review and re-read about the basics of every type of magic and magic in general. He Magical Counselor and teacher had informed her that it would help in the future if she knew what she was dealing with when confronted with magic, so she started reviewing it in her head as well.

• Magic is a type of invisible energy that has multitudes of different names, some call it Mana, others call it Draka, while most throughout Narif merely refer to it as 'Magik', with a K, to differentiate between the arts, and the energy itself. This energy is produced by multitudes of different things as well. Some of it from the wildlife, some from the planet itself, and some from the tree's and plants. Though it has been proven that most, almost 90%, of all magic is produced from the any sentient races spirit body. A Spirit body is the form a soul takes when inside of a body, so for example, when one is being conceived, a spirit body is created out of Magik and then sent into the being, which then starts to produce Magik itself, leading the production to be self sufficient. When one dies, their Spirit Body disperses into Magik itself. Due to this however, it is said that Pregnant sentient races who use magic are the most dangerous, as they are producing enough Magik for 2 people. When Magik is used it changes color depending on what it's being used for, and just the same as there are near infinite amounts of color, there are near infinite amounts of uses, especially considering the different types of Magic. The different types of Magic are as listed:

• Healing Magic
    • Summoning Magic
    • Glyphs
    • Runes
    • Enchantments
    • Dark Magic
    • Transcendent Magic (Though only the Tenshi have knowledge of this type.)
    • Elemental Magic
    • Light Magic
    • Creature Magic
    • Maghina (Though only those of the Empica lands have knowledge of this type)
    • Ancient Magic
    • God Magic
    • And Lastly Evil Magic

• Healing Magic is used by taking Magik and sending it through one's body and focusing it on a wound or ailment. This is one of the more advanced types of Magik, as it takes extreme concentration to be able to move Magik throughout someone's body. When using Healing Magik the person doing the spell is using their own body as a filter of sorts by sending Magik through their body and then uses their body as a conduit to send it to the Targets body. Due to this the caster needs to take caution and has to focus and concentrate, otherwise the Magik they are filtering will harm the caster by dispersing inside of their body, and in the case where they are using a lot of Magik to do so than it is not rare for someone to lose a limb or their life due to not concentrating enough. Healing Magic is considered to be one of the more highly praised areas of Magical Skill due to how hard and advanced it is. There are even legends that those who master Healing Magic can revive those who have died as long as their body hasn't degraded.

• Summoning magic consists of sacrificing something that produces Magik or has a large amount of Magik itself. When doing summoning magic a large burst of Magik must be used to open a path to the 'Other-Realms' so that something can come through. The more the Catalyst, as is the name of whatever is being sacrificed, has stored or is producing the larger the path will be, the larger the path is the stronger a summon come through. It doesn't matter what size the summon is, only how much Magik it possesses, as when traveling along the path the summon reverts into a spiritual stream of Magik that collects at the summoners end of the path. For example, summoning a summon the size of a house but only has as much Magik as a small rabbit would only require a weak catalyst to summon it. The summon would be large, but it would be as weak as a small rabbit.

Now, Other-Realms, are the realms and seperate dimensions that these summons live in. A person in Narif cannot travel to the Other-Realms, as they produce too much Magik in order to travel the path, but summons from the Other-Realms don't produce their own Magik, so it is safe for them to travel the path, but due to this a summoner must keep supply a summon with their own Magik, otherwise the creature will be forcibly returned to their Other-Realm. When summoning something the summoner must also have an Other-Realm in mind when they want to summon something specific, otherwise they will get a summon from a random Other-Realm.

When summoning something the summoner must say these words while channeling Magik into the Catalyst that they are using, causing it to burst all of it's Magik out and open the path. The saying is this, "I call upon the greatness that is the Creator to allow me to summon a creature from [Say the Other-Realms name here, if you do not know an Other-Realms Name or just want a summon from a random one, than just replace it with 'A Creature from Beyond'], to come forth and serve me so that my goals and ambitions may be achieved!"

The currently known Other-Realms are thus:

• Agora (A-Goo-Ra) - Fire Demons
    • Nakara (Na-Ka-Ra) - Fairies
    • Menga (Men-Ga) - Holy Beings (Angels, Half Angels, and High Angels)
    • Megra (Meh-Gra) - Shadow Beings
    • Nomoga (No-Moo-Ga) - Giants
    • Bagara (Bah-Gah-Rah) - Snakes
    • Minaphesta (Men-a-Fest-a) - Ocean Demons
    • Nimra (Nim-Rah) - Sentient Weapons (Living weapons with great power, but have a high cost of Magik and Drain Magik from their Wielders faster than other summons.)

• Glyphs are symbols that are drawn in the air using Magik by utilizing special types of writing utensils. Currently only Tenshi are proven to be able to draw Glyphs with their hands and fingers. Glyphs work in the fact that their effects are instant or temporary. For example, if one tries to draw a glyph on their legs for Increased Speeds, it will not work, but drawing the glyph in the air in front of them, and then touching it, they will have increased speed in everything for a short time limit, with the longest being 1 minute. But drawing a Glyph for Teleportation will make said Glyph instantly shatter when drawn, and then will teleport every sentient being within 10 feet of it to a random location.

When using Glyphs you have to be very specific, otherwise you will not get the results you want, so for example, you want to teleport you and your friend home. You would have to draw a 'Marker' Glyph near your home beforehand, than when your ready to head home with your friend you must draw the Glyph for Teleportation, than draw another Glyph set for the 'Marker' Glyph, then draw your name, then draw your friends name, and then send a small wave of Magik, almost miniscule, to the glyphs to connect them and activate it. The Glyph will then Shatter, you and your friend are at home, and the 'Marker' Glyph near your home has also Shattered.

Currently, the Tenshi have an entire languange based on symbols that work when using Glyphs, Runes, and Enchantments that are far too advanced for other races to utilize. If a non-Tenshi were not to know what each symbol did, and then tried to use a Glyph using one of their symbols, he could possibly find himself hundreds of feet underground, crushed to death.

• Runes are, in comparison, a more physical form of Glyphs. Runes are special in the fact that you don't need a special pen to use them, instead, the symbols that Runes use absorb Magik from the air to power them. They are activated when a person sends their inner Magik, the Magik stored inside their body, to the Rune to jumpstart it. Runes are also special in the fact that their the only type of 'Write Magic' (As that is what Runes, Glyphs, and Enchantments are classified as) that can be engrave onto something. When a Rune is engraved onto something it cannot be destroyed, only disabled, and it will never disappear like Enchantments sometimes do.

• Enchantments are the most powerful 'Write Magic' as they give the best results. Enchantments also require a special type of pen and can be placed on anything, once placed you just send a small spark of inner Magik into it and it will activate and will stay activated until a spark of inner Magik is sent into it by the same person who activated it. Enchantments are much stronger than the other 'Write Magik' because they can be used easier and their effects and power are much stronger than the others. But, Enchantments, if not maintained, will disappear eventually over time, as their power and utility are much too strong for it to maintain itself like the other 'Write Magik'.

• First off, Dark Magic and Evil Magic are entirely Different from eachother. Contrary to popular belief Dark Magic does not Corrupt Someone, but instead are only used for things dark in nature. Dark Magic allows users to cast Hexes, which are spells that injure someone spiritually or mentally, and Curses, which all have different effects. Dark magic doesn't require Magik to work, and just requires the right materials for it to be used. Hexes don't require materials to be casted, but do require that the caster have a stronger willpower than their Target. Curses require certain materials to be gathered and used in a certain step by step process in order for them to affect their target.

• Elemental Magic require incantations, AKA Words of power, in order to be used. When the incantations are said the Magik around the caster will work as required. The Incantations are different for each element are vary from person to person. If the caster has a Staff or Wand with Magik imbued into it than they only need to say a small amount of the required incantation. If the caster has enough practice with Element Magic than they can cast the spells by just thinking what spell they want.

Example:
    Without Wand/Staff, Beginner:
    "I call upon the spirits of Fire and Warmth to bare down unto this man with a ball of Fire!" A small fireball launches at the target in the casters mind.

With Wand/Staff, Beginner:
    "Spirits of Fire and Warmth, Ball of Fire!" A Small fireball launches at the target in the casters mind.

Master:
    The mage pictures a fireball forming next to his head and then imagines it flying towards the enemy in front of him. Thus the energies of Magik respond in kind, forming a small fireball next to his head that launches towards the enemy and sets them on fire.

• Light Magic utilizes things called Buffs and Enhancers. Light Magic does not have any spells that actually hurt others, but instead spells that help others. For example, a user of Light Magic can buff a persons healing rate with a single buff, and then use an Enhancer Spell to allow that buff to stay for a longer period of time than normal. Or can use an Enhancer Spell to permanently enhance someone's eyesight. Enhancer spells are incredibly dangerous, as a normal sentient beings body can only handle 1 Enhancer spell, as all Enhancer spells are permanent, and if more than 1 are placed on a normal sentient being than their body won't be able to handle the stress and will cause the body to stop functioning.

• Creature Magic allows the caster to fuse with a willing creature, granting them that creatures abilities and some of it's physical aspects. But Creature Magic is one of the most dangerous arts of magic, because when fusing, if the creature your fusing with has a stronger willpower than you, than that creature will become the dominant mind instead of yours, resulting in a person with that creature's ability and mindset with your body and abilities. Creature magic requires the blood of both the target creature and the caster, than the caster needs to drink the target creatures blood and vise versa. Once that is done than the caster needs to send his/her Inner Magik into the target creature while touching it, and the 2 will fuse.

• There is not much known about Ancient Magic, just that these spells, enchantments, runes, glyphs, ect, all existed before the time of the Creator. Due to this Ancient Magic has only been seen once, used to destroy a continent that used to exist a long time ago that has been forgotten by all.

• Even Less is known about this type of Magic. All that's known is that only The Creator and the Gods he created, and those that the gods and the creator have blessed are able to use this Magic. This Magic however, is said to be nigh infinite in power, being able to create and destroy on scales not seen before.

• Evil Magic is a combination of all other Magic's put together and morphed into evil versions of themselves. Those who know Evil Magic can summon the darkest of creatures, use the evilist of spells, the most dangerous of the elements, can fuse with the darkest of creatures, and can even creature their own Artifacts/Items/Weapons with just pure Evil Magic. Only 1 throughout history is known to be able to use Evil Magic, and that is Maski Norga, The Dark One. He popped out of nowhere and now is the only person able to utilize Evil Magic. People have studied what the effects of Evil Magic is when someone possesses it. Recent research has found that plant life slowly die when near him, those that possess Magik that are touched by him are corrupted by Evil Magic and become evil themselves, which then causes them to follow him as their Lord, and that only those from the Other-Realm of Menga are able to resist his corruption completely. It has also been shown that it has to be Skin on Skin contact in order for someone to become corrupted.

It was as Layla was finishing reviewing it all that she got a message inside of her head that spoke of Baskal and what rogess had done. Almost immediately Layla shot up from her spot on her bed as she jumped down from it and ran to the back of large castle like home. She reached the back and spotted a large red rope tied to a bell that hung at the very top. This bell was special, as when it was rung any military units that heard it were to meet in front of the large castle. After she rung the bell she ran through her home until she reached a pair of double doors that lead to a balcony that overlooked the massive opening of which her soldiers were stationed currently. Her advisors and Generals lined the walls as she walked through the doors and spotted her people below her. "MY KIN, I HAVE JUST BEEN GIVEN NEW OF GREAT IMPORTANCE! IT APPEARS THAT THOSE FROM ROGESS HAVE DECLARED WAR ON US AND ATTACKED ONE OF OUR OWN! IT IS TIME FOR US TO GATHER AGAIN TO FIGHT FOR OUR PEOPLE AND HOME LIKE WE DID ONCE BEFORE! I WANT ALL OF YOU TO GATHER OUR SOLDIERS AND RECRUIT MORE THROUGHOUT OUR LANDS BEFORE RETURNING HERE!" With that said Layla watched as almost immediately all of her people activated their dragons rage and blew large spouts of fire from their mouths before a majority of them marched off, about 500,000 soldiers stayed to guard their homes as 1.4 million marched off to gather more soldiers and recruits.

The Grand Führer sat on his black throne, his black fur coat covering up the bulge in the stomach area. The massive ant creatures, maxilla, stood at his sides, completely still, with spears at the ready. The hall was huge, the second most expensive thing the Führer built. First of all was his armies and his police force. Suddenly, the dark iron gates at the end of the hall burst open, and his son Gregory came running towards him. The maxilla twitched, but didn't make a move. If anyone else had done what Gregory had done, they would have spiked them on the spot. The Führer smiled and gathered his 7-year old in his arms. "Father, father! Look what I found!" He squealed in excitement. He held up what looked like an old short sword to the Führer. He took it and hugged his son even tighter. Gregory is probably the only person the Führer loves after his wife died from disease. He dismissed his excited son, and wiped the smile from his face. The maxilla outside the gate entered and handed the Führer a note. A scout would arrive soon, carrying a message from Dresden. He ordered the maxilla to open the gate and let the messenger through. After about five minutes, a filthy messenger ran through the hall toward him. He looked about 20 years old, and completely ignored the custom of kneeling to the Führer. "Sir, a message from Dres-" the Führer stood up suddenly and roared at the scout. "KNEEL, BOY AND DO NOT SPEAK TO YOUR FÜHRER UNLESS SPOKEN TO" he raged. The maxilla surrounded the boy, and he shrunk down away from them in fear. He kneeled quickly and placed his head on the floor. The Führer smiled evilly at the boys fear. "Tell me the message, boy." He lifted his head up and slowly started speaking the message. "A resistance against you has been formed in protest to the tax laws." He said quietly. The Führers face went a deep purple with rage. He screamed in anger and snatched a spear from one of the maxilla and speared the boy through the chest. He threw off his robe and pulled on his travelling gear. He stormed toward the gate, gesturing for the maxilla to follow. The one who lost its spear wrenched it out of the dead boy, and followed the Führer. As he passed the guards at the bottom of the grand steps, he snapped at their questioning looks "I'm going to Dresden" he said as he stormed toward the stables.

Eku replied, still staring at the couriers hair,
"Once again, where I come from, people only have black or brown hair. The closest to this boy's... Strange colour, is white. There has only been one white-haird Shakra, and he was a very powerful Mage, abilities almost God-like, but not quite at that level. The next white-haired Shakra is predicted to either plunge Reverque into doom, or save it." He took the letter from the courier and slipped it into his bag. "Am I free to go?" Eku inquired, then glancing back to where his dead Rak used to be. He contemplated it, and figured he would have to walk. There was no other way

Yaonl looked at the now half eaten Rak. Feeling sorry for the man the Enforcer gestured towards Sen who went back into their sack and brought out a small knapsack. Yaonl took it and opened it to check if food was in there which there was. A variety of fruits and dried meat was stuffed in there. The Enforcer then sealed it before tossing it to Eku.

"Should be enough food there for a couple of weeks and with rationing probably a month. We can't spare any water as there's been a shortage recently. Also, the roads will guide you back to the North if you follow the signs. Now be off and safe travels."

In the distance the same Chryssalid that had ate the Rak was observing the interaction between them with keen eyes. All it cared about was free food or hosts to increase its now defunct pack. If it could follow the little one back towards its home then there was a chance the pack could be whole again!

There had been an overall death count of 112 in that chamber. Not a number Shakumi wanted to repeat. After some time of studying, a door was found in the far wall, and the army progressed through it. They didn't encounter another chamber like this for a while, simply following a thin corridor deep into the mountain. It twisted back on itself many times, occasionally opening up slightly or connecting with a crystal cave, before continuing once more. The heat of the volcanic air dissipated deeper in the tunnels. This continued for several hours, and yet the group encountered not a single further demon, beast or anything else. That was, until they came to a dead end. The tunnel's wall here was different to the rest though. It was constructed of a much darker stone than the bedrock, with patterns engraved on it's surface. While she might usually have figured out a way of opening it safely, Shakumi was by now in a very impatient mood. She pointed Exulmir's crystal at the door, and began to draw. She had heard that for other races to use Glyphs they had to use some kind of special writing utensil, so she supposed this was probably something similar to that. Only much much more powerful. She drew a relatively simple Tenshi Glyph in the air, then drew a 7 pointed star around it. When the last line of the star connected with the start of the first to form the final point, the glyph and star began to glow an emerald green. This was a purified form of Transcendent Magic, so no smoke or electricity was present. The glyph dissipated, and the door sunk into the ground, revealing yet more utter darkness.

Stepping over the sunken door, she heard a difference in material. Her footsteps began to echo as she walked forwards. She signaled for the army to remain in the corridor, in case of ambush. She took another step, her shoe connecting with a rune on the floor. The door rose up behind her, sealing her off from her forces, while blue wisplike flames appeared in braziers on the walls, revealing the full extent of the cathedral. It was completely circular in shape, with huge columns rising up from the ground to support the roof. The walls were highly decorated, and fully built of the same material as the door. In the center of the cathedral, there was a slight depression in the floor, and the material here was much more crude and uneven than the built floor - as if it were a solidified magma pool. A solitary stone stood in the middle of this petrified pool, that looked completely different from any stone she had seen previously. It looked to be made entirely of metal, but that had formed in a crystalline structure, with parallel and perpendicular lines running through it, separating it into fused cubes. Around the stone, hundreds of swords of various designs, age and culture stuck out of the ground, the enchantments of each faded and dull.
This stuff is harder to describe than I imagined.
Henbury-Widmanstatten.jpg

The Tenshi Queen approached the metal stone, but before she could reach the boundary of the magma pool, the same dark matter as before began to pour out of it. This did not take shape, however, and instead continued to flow until the entire depression looked to be level with the cathedral floor, and only the hilts of the swords could be seen poking out of the reservoir. After a suspense filled second, the flow stopped and the stone rose into the air, before hovering at about 50 feet high. It was then that the dark matter began to move. It bubbled and broiled, before shooting up to the stone and forming the shape of a great beast around it. It was a very simplistic design, with the general shape of a human. It's only features were a single blue glyph in the shape of an eye on it's face, and blue patterns like Ley Lines running the length of it's body and arms. It seemed to have no legs, instead it's body was directly attached to the ground.

Shakumi raised Exulmir like a lance and charged at the beast. She summoned sonic speed blades of light in the air around her to deflect it's attacks, and calculating the timing, leapt up onto one of it's arms. Here she began to charge again until she was on the beast's neck, a region she doubted it could reach. She pointed the spear's tip at the beast, and began to draw once more. It was hard work - the beast's soul was powerful and offered a lot of resistance. She began by drawing a line from left to right. Next she drew a line down just off to the right of the center, and curved it into an L shape. Another line was drawn from this downwards line, halfway between the L flick and the top line. She released the spear, and began on the other half of the character. A short, curved line down from off-center left, and another, upside down L shape off from that, intersected by a short line until one of the 7 Forbidden Glyphs hovered in the air over the beast's back - 死 - the most powerful glyph, that barely anyone even knew existed, let alone was able to use. Once more, she drew one fluent line in a 7 pointed star shape, finalising the spell. It glowed green, then turned to an ominous crimson. A lightning-bolt like crack appeared on the beast right as Shakumi leapt aside and collided heavily with the floor. Another did the same, until the beast was unable to hold itself, and collapsed. The metal stone dropped to the floor, creating a small impact crater. It's surface glowed white hot.

Within 12 hours the Führer had arrived in Dresden. The town was large and the woods around it were thin, because it is a military town, and uses its resources more than often. He quickly dismounted from his black stallion, and followed by his five maxilla, he quickly made his was to the towns secret Vires (special forces/police) base. He walked calmly in to the 'shop' and the agent at the counters jaw dropped at the sight of the Führer. He quickly kneeled and touched his head to the floor. The Führer walked quickly past him and into a secret attic entrance in the next room, standard for Vire bases around Assimilare. The agents were gathered in a dark dusty room, with one light, all surrounding a map. The quickly bowed and touched their heads to the floor. "At ease, agents." The Führer commanded. The Vires, when at ease, were allowed a more easy and casual manner when in the company of the Führer. The commanding officer stood quickly and addressed the him. "Sir, I'm surprised you came, we expected some backup, but not...you" he said nervously. The Führer dismissed the man. He strolled over to the lit map. "We know the exact location of the rebels, yes?" He asked. "Yes sir, they've boarded themselves into the central tavern after being found." He said, pointing to a building on the map. The Führer dusted himself off and promptly left the base, leaving the agents stunned. The Führer took about five minutes to walk to the tavern. The windows and the door were boarded up and crossbows stuck out of little gaps in the fortification. As he approached very calmly the crossbows shot rapid at him, but the maxilla simply stepped in front of him the, bolts snapping on their hard exoskeletons. He reached the door and gestured to it. One maxilla approached and raised its spear high above it's head, bringing it down with inhuman force. The door and the wood boarding it snapped quicky and the Führer stepped inside immediately. A man who looked like the leader came charging at him out of the gloom in the large bar. He withdrew his sword lighting fast and cut off the mans sword hand, before quickly decapitating the rebel. His maxilla followed him inside, spears pointed forwards. "Rebels! I am the Grand and Mighty Führer of Assimilare! Come down here with your weapons on the floor, and your lives may be spared. There was a clattering of swords and crossbows as men and women came down the stairs and from behind tables and counters to kneel before him. A young boy had come very close to the door, eagerly watching the action. The Führer grabbed him and shoved him inside. "Pickup all the weapons, boy" he commanded coldly. The boy looked at him with awe and admiration, before quickly dashing to pickup the weapons. The boy went outside with the weapons handing them to the local commanders. The maxilla remained towering over the fifty or so unarmed rebels in the bar. "Your fortifications will be the end of you, scum. Kill them" he commanded to the maxilla. He strolled out of the pitch black tavern while a maxilla guarded the door. Screams echoed around the town as the unfit Vires commander caught up with the Führer. "Kill their families." The Führer commanded carelessly, and strolled off.

After a few days the Führer sat on his throne once again. His secretary was kneeling before him. "It's time we finally opened our borders to the other nations. In diplomatic terms, anyway. Immigration is still outlawed. Send a message using a unit of scouts to the Dragons Alliance across the sea. Send greetings, and ask for the possibility of tours of eachothers nations. Use my personal ship in Darmstadt, and send the messengers now." He commanded.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Corpse Strider:
It was late afternoon when the Corpse Strider very appropriately strode into the city. The first thing they noticed was the huge fortress-like walls made of a grey material they didn't recognize. Despite her short stature, she had a long step and emitted a much more powerful aura than a usual person her size would. A maroon smoke the same colour as her cloak raised from her body, as if she were wearing it as a shroud. It dissipated quickly, causing her image to become slightly blurred, as if she might not have actually been there at all. She marched unhindered through the lower and higher districts alike, with the people actively moving out of her way, perhaps fearing her presence. Or maybe it was her reputation? She tended to be associated with unfortunate events. She was stopped by guards when she reached the palace entrance, however, much to their surprise, she simply became incorporeal and walked through them. She did the same with the barrier known as "a door". She continued to walk, navigating the palace like it was the back of her hand, until she silently stepped towards the Fuhrer, stopping 6 feet away and slamming her scythe on the floor to announce her presence.

Eku thanked the man with a gentle nod, and started back along the roads. As he walked forward, he shifted uncomfortably as he glanced at the inquisitive creature. He lowered his hand to his hidden knife, and kept it there as he moved slowly forward.

(Sorry for the small post, just I don't know whether the Chryssalid is meant to be attacking me)
-----

After two well rested nights, Syla's brain was sharpened and ready for action. As a morning ritual, she strode out of the house and too the Town Square, where she slowly introduced herself more ę to the public. She later rapped on Perqu's door, who opened it with a tired expresson.
"What now..."
"Saddle up," Syla retorted back, and left quickly. To the stables, she took her most trusted guards. Syla swung herself up onto a Rak, and waited impatiently for the others.
"Where are we going?"
"The ruins."

The Chryssalid let loose a deafening roar as it charged out of its hiding place at Eku. The creature towered over him and not too far away the Rak the Chryssalid had eaten had risen. Its body was that of a zombie and it even shambled towards Eku. All of them were intent on killing, devouring, and impregnating him. The roar also alerted Yaonl who was heading back into his sack.

"Chryssalid! Alert the Inner Walls and bring us to Light Blue Status!" The Enfocer barked.

His two friends nodded and went through the gates shouting their warnings. Meanwhile, Yaonl threw his helm back on and galloped to where Eku was. With both weapons in hand he surveyed the situation. Thankfully, it wasn't a pack like a time, but what was distrubing was that Eku was near that creature and his mount was also infected. Yaonl clutched his weapons before flinging himself at the Rak.

The Führer had been snoozing when the scythe echoed a loud crack in the marble hall. He looked at the peasant who it belonged to. "Who are you to disturb my royal sleep in the great halls of my ancestors!" He shouted angrily. The maxilla next to him crouched and pointed their spears at the peasant, as click clacks echoed around the halls as more maxilla came to serve their angry lord. A contingent of long swordsman, the only creatures in the hall who had heard of the peasant, marched in and formed in a long line behind the them. They were fully dressed for battle, with thick armour and fully encased helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.