The World of Narif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shakumi watched the messenger leave, her thoughts a peculiar confusion of emotions. She was excited to get the chance to study the Floating Isles, but at the same time she didn't trust the dragonkin much at all. After she had given enough time for the messenger to be well on their way, she wrote a letter to the Grand Warlock in the Archives. It was brief, and was more of a notification that if any dragonkin were to show up, they were to be treated peacefully. She detailed that any dragonkin to make an appearance at the Archives was to be given level 1 access to the Archives. It was a 4 level system, and level was assigned based on how likely you were to screw something up. Level 1 provided access to about 20% of the total Archive databank, and was limited to relatively basic knowledge and simple concepts that anyone could learn with practice. Level 2 allowed access to 30% of the Archives, Level 3 allowed 75% and level 4 provided the full 100%. Only 5 people had level 4 access - The Grand Warlock, the High Priest, the Queen and the 2 Archmages. The level 4 only areas contained very experimental and early stage knowledge of very powerful magic. This area also formed the very core of the archive, several kilometers below the ground. The majority of Tenshi were automatically given level 2 access, while the majority of non-Tenshi were given only level 1. This was because the level 1 areas contained nothing about Transcendent Magic, which the circle of magi were keen to keep to the Tenshi alone. They knew that it was unlikely any other race would be able to use it, but they didn't want to risk them learning the theory, just in case even one non-tenshi figured out how to actually do it.

She signed the letter with a simple spell, embedding a single rune into the sheet that would identify it as being hers, before sending it to the Archives. She used the same spell she had used earlier to conjure the Relic - a form of Transcendent Magic that allowed things to be teleported instantly with absolutely no energy or material loss. After this was done, she headed back to her chambers to watch the happenings of her city once more. She watched an ant-sized train of merchant caravans snake across the grassy plains that stretched to the east of Shinkyoji. Occasionally it would stop to check everything was still in order and nothing had fallen out, before continuing on towards the city. She watched it reach one of the colossal bridges that served as the entrance to the capital, where it stopped and was inspected by guards. She realised the caravan must have been given the all clear, since she could faintly hear the screeching of the gargantuan metal gates as they were opened to allow the merchants into the Lower district, where they were absorbed by the receding mist. She sighed, before returning inside to the artificial warmth of Fire Runes. She reflected on the negotiations that had been done with the dragonkin. She had said that she had things she needed to sort out in her own land before she would be able to go. In reality, this was a lie to allow her time to decide who she was actually going to take. Things had been slowing down recently, when it came to magical development, and she was worried the other races might slowly be catching up. This research contract would be exactly what she needed to intrigue the magicians once more, provided she could figure out who would be most valuable on the team.

First Era, Year of the Guardian
[dash=#C0C0C0]
The soft beats of pads against sandstone echoed through the halls of the central building in Odair as the rumbling growls of a great lion alarmed all those that the Wisp Keeper had arrived from his Journey to see the Guardian. It had been a long year since the people of Odyrae had last seen their leader, but his Journey was greatly needed so that all understood what might happen in the next twenty-five years. The caretakers of the Great Dome bowed as their Wisp Keeper passed, a grim look upon his face as his beautiful Rhastyk zipped by expertly, heading towards the Wisp Chamber.

Rhastyk made a sudden, sliding stop beside the central table upon entering the Wisp Chamber as Odynai leaped from his back, landing beside his chair. He looked older than usual, his russet fur matted in areas and covered in the dark soils of the Land Below. His tunic was nearly in ruins, and the scepter on his back glowed ominously. His glimmering brown eyes looked towards the others in the chamber as Adykai leaped from the side-pouch in Rhastyk's saddle and landed on the table to look up at her companion grimly. Her thoughts spoke to all those within the room as her glowing orbs for eyes moved about the startled faces of each council member.

~The Guardian has spoken to us, and his news is not peaceful. The Old Creator who gave the Guardian the gift of Life has somehow stopped speaking to him, and the world will soon be thrown into chaos. There are many places that have sprung up across our land, alone, that are a cause for concern, and the Guardian says that many more have appeared across the world.~

Odynai placed his hand on the back of the little wisp, whose shape had taken that of a white cat, and bowed his head to the ones he trusted most. "We shall expect soon to see the messengers of the nations around us who deem us primitive and unworthy of living our lives beneath the Guardian. Some will respect us and try to make an alliance, while others will demand we bow to them like lowly beasts worthy of nothing more than house scraps. We must take pride in our lands and our Guardian, and we must stand up to any who might oppose us. I propose we ask the people of Odyrae to join our Armies and ready themselves for the wars ahead. At all costs, we must protect the Guardian...we must protect our world."

Cheers erupted from the other council members, even as their faces looked grim. The Keeper of the People, a great Tower with the face of a white bear and piercing blue eyes, bowed his head in acknowledgement. "Wisp Keeper, we have had a very successful year, and many Journeys have been completed in your absence. I will post across Odair bulletins to warn the Keepers of potential battles. The Land Below shall know of it as well."

The Keeper of the Spirit Tree spoke next, smiling gently as her rabbit-like face twitched with a slight nose wiggle. "Wisp Keeper, the Spirit Tree is blooming very well this year, and it appears as though Her branches are spreading. This is a monumental occasion, as She has not spread Her branches in almost a century. We will have more Spirit Fruit this year than ever before, so we will be able to spare some if war is to break out into our land."

Next came the hollow voice of the Keeper of Alliances, whose weasel face was marked by an odd crescent moon. "Wisp Keeper, I advise you finally take the Tenshi up on their offer and study the Archives in which they have so generously offered. If we continue to grant them some of our Spirit Fruit, it is only right that we finally begin preparations for any kind of situation. This means learning new magics and studying new cultures. I would also like to inform you that a messenger has arrived on a glorious mount to ask of your presence. He wishes to speak to you about an Alliance with a nation who simply calls themselves The Dragon Alliance. Would you like to wash yourself before you see him?"

Odynai nodded to each of the Council members who spoke, smiling at the progress that has been made before settling on the last face. "Yes, I agree with you, Kyrinai. I shall travel to the Celestial Dominion and ask the great Shakumi to allow me into her Archives. But we must be wary, my friend...to stray from the way of the Guardian can have devastating consequences. But I shall go wash myself and clip away these endless knots so I do not look so terrible to the man who has flown to us from the Dragon Alliances. Please inform him that he will be met with in no later than an hour. Until then, could you give him a tour of Odair? I want him to feel welcome in our home." The Keeper of Alliances bowed his head. "As you wish, Wisp Keeper."

"You may all return to your duties now, my friends. Please keep me up to date on any new developments, and do not allow anyone to Journey into the Wastelands or to Creator Island for the next week. We must look into these strange ruins, and I do not want to risk any lives for the sake of a precious mount...for all we know, these places could be hurting the hearts of the Wylde." At his order, each Council member fisted their left hand over their chest and bowed before departing. This left Odynai alone with Adykai and Rhastyk. Together, they walked to his chambers not far from the Wisp Chamber, where a hot bath was drawn and new clothes were placed across his bed.

It was in his chambers that the knots were clipped away expertly and the fur was washed of a year's worth of dust and grime. It was here that he dressed himself in the most glorious of outfits that had been made for him by the People, a white and black robe lined with a sash of black feathers plucked from the finest of preening birds in Odyrae. It was here that he took up his Adykai and touched his forehead to Rhastyk and prayed to the Creator who gifted life to the Guardian that all would be alright for his people. And then, as promptly as he arrived, the Wisp Keeper departed from the comforts of his room and made his way to the Hall of the People, where the Keeper of Alliances stood with the messenger.

[Odynai to DA Messenger]

"Welcome, welcome. I apologize for making you wait as I have, but I just arrived from a very sacred Journey. What is it that I can do for you today?" As Odynai spoke to the man, who stood as tall as a Tower with naked skin, glowing eyes, and dragon horns curling from atop his head. As he spoke, the Keeper of Alliances drifted into the shadows where he would watch from afar to see how the alliance would turn out.[/dash]

Reactions: Ruko
Ki was sitting on the edge of the balcony railing of his bedroom. Ki's bedroom sat at the very top of the Pearl Temple. His ears began to flick at the sound of footsteps approaching his door. Ki spun around to face the door. He sat criss-cross on the railing now, hanging on with both hands. Thinking of the possibility of a Vampiric official he closed his shudders. The steps stopped before the door, Ki used his infared to find two short females at his door, along with a tall man who did not give off any warmth.

"What time is it?" Ki peeked out the shudder at the temple's shadow. Just then the two girls kicked the door down and stood staring at Ki. Ki slowly looked over to them, it had seemed the other man hid behind the door. "Ah, that's right! I promised to do the ritual." Ki's mood died at the thought of drinking the blood. He looked out at the temples again. "Fine, we'll begin at midnight. I rather not ruin my food today. It would suck to have that taste linger in my mouth."

The first female, a Brain, stepped forth, she looked troubled and had reason to be. Yo requires that the leader drinks the blood of each race before death. No Xan had ever gone against this. This worrisome female's name was Delk, Ki's most trusted (and annoying) advisor. Her sister Keira (Kay-rah), a Physical, stood idly her stare loosening as her sister went on. "Xan(Master) you're worried about soiling your food?! What about the people?"

Ki chuckled a little at the woman's tone, such disrespect toward a Xan. He grabbed his staff and whacked her swiftly across the face. She fell instantly to the floor, Ki was given his nickname for a reason. A master of channeling inner energy known as Ki, many disputes break out on the topic of Ki whether it is magic or some other powerful force. The majority of people say it's magic. The other half say it's a complicated force granted by The Creator. Ki says it kills people. "Yo's request just needs me to drink before I die and should I not we don't even know the consequences. So what's there to worry about?" Ki glanced down at his assistant. She seemed to be out cold, her thermal signature was showed she still had a beating heart. "Take her to a nurse. Wouldn't want to go through that trial again." Keira hurried to her sister and picked her up, she wanted to scold her for talking to the Xan like that, but might have wound up being the one who would needed to be scolded. Ki watched them leave his room he grabbed his key and walked out himself. The man from before still sat there staring at Ki, Ki glanced back at him then to the door pulling the key out. The man was about 6'3'' and had dark skin that was a purple-gray color. He was dressed in elegant robes of black and red. "Two things. One, are you an idiot?"

The man leaned forward a little intrigued by the insult. The man was indeed a vampire and during the day they had to wear full garbs and scarves to roam about, this one's hands and face were exposed and his name was Darius. Darius was head of the military and a bit of a muscle head. "Idiot, Xan?"

"Mhm." Ki nodded his head and clapped his hands together. "Idiot. As in one who expects a different outcome by doing the same thing. Darius, the sun is always going to burn you, cover up."

Darius nodded and pulled his scarf over his head then his goggles. "Your other question Xan?" Although it may have been hard to see with Ki's outfit, his gesture gave a look of confusion. "You said you had two items to tell or ask of me."

"Oh! Yeah, yeah. My fault. My other question was, is the assembly ready?" Darius nodded. Ki began nodding his head, then walking around before spin kicking Darius into the wall. "I ask a damn question and you give me a nod. What is wrong with you people today? Sheesh. Darius hurry to the assembly." Ki walked to the front entrance where his T-Rex was sleeping getting a sun bath. Although, he could see this the distance between them was about half a mile because of the stairs, but Nekos never had to worry about the capital stairs because they could easily hop over them. This is what Ki did and he landed gently in front of his giant reptile starting to pat it. "Rise and shine bud." The beast opened its eyes and looked at Ki and let out a low roar. "Don't care. Onward!" Ki hopped on it's saddle and it got up running to the assembly 153.4km away.

15 minutes into Ki's trip Darius woke up to find himself in a wall, he got out of it grunting. A throbbing pain persisted in his head, but began to fade as he went to deeper into the temple to the Vampire's caves, where they lived near the spring of water. Named Vampire's caves because it was originally a refuge for the Vampires only, many people from all three races live here mining ore, or writing. Darius was five minutes behind Ki on arriving, he analyzed the room noticing everyone had gathered. All 123 of them.

Ki walked his T-Rex in and sat him by his throne, he jumped into his throne and propped his hood down and slid his goggles from off his face. "I believe the Anti-Chaos party has the floor." A man whispered to Ki from across the room about a Dragonkin messenger. "Let them in then. This should prove interesting."

[Odyrae and the Messenger]

The Dragonkin looked towards the small being. The dragonkin stood at 6'7 and was obviously male, though this one wore traditional red robes with gold and silver markings all over it. He had black hair and looked to be a wisened old man going into his 60's. Atop his head 2 large horns could be seen and the small starting of a tail from behind, showing that he was very in tuned with his dragon side, but not as much as their magic counselor. "Ah, it's perfectly fine my friend, we all have things we need to do and if you deem it important enough, then you have no excuses to make." He finished with a wise old smile showing sharp teeth before continuing. "My name is Glara, and i am here to discuss an alliance of sorts, as you well know. The terms would be that each nation would share information they are willing to part with, research discoveries, resources, and other materials each side deem trade-able. Alongside this each side will have open borders with each other, and should one be tossed into war, conflict, or become seiged and or under attack, the other will try and help in any way they can. This also permits that if any Dragonkin and or Moon Rider wish to live in either of our nations, they are permitted to do so as long as they have both of our respective leaders permission. Do you accept this and are their any edits or altercations you would like to make?"

[Ki and the Messenger]

The Dragonkin that Layla had sent to the Plut Wastes had actually been her one of her strongest generals, as they both had known of Ki, and by association, and his peoples violent tendencies. The Dragonkin stood at nearly 7 feet, had 2 large horns and blood red hair. He had various scars across his face and body and stood in Berserker armor, showing that he was the leader and general of all Beserkers, meaning he could use his body and dragon's rage to it's utmost efficiency like his soldiers that he trained. He stared at Ki for a second, studying him, before speaking in a deep timbre voice that seemingly shook the room they were in. "My name is, Baskal the Blooded. I was sent to discuss a treaty of sorts. In said treaty it is agreed upon by both sides that neither will attack each-other in any way, shape, or form. In relation to this we will trade with each other resources we deem trade-able." He finished with a stoic look upon Ki, awaiting if he accepted or denied said treaty.

Ki sprawled over his throne armrests and studied the general, it was well made armor. Last time Ki checked their armor was made of a strong ore, the board started to chat among themselves. Some of these insulting, Ki sat up and looked to the board rambling on and on. Ki was also toying with the idea of killing the general, but that was a task that was too much work for its price. "So, you want to make a treaty of trade with us? You are one of the many strong holds of the nations. You all lack some extent of comprehension, but make up for this in brute force. Not a place I'd want to be involved with, now say your land is under siege. Mind you this hypothetical, don't take it too personal. Oh, if you happen to be a brain please watch carefully, wouldn't want bad rumors going around." Ki sat in his chair upright and interlaced his fingers. "I've got to get this thing replaced. So, as I was saying, your land is under siege and then you need our help, well then you got it." Ki looked at the general with his thermal vision. "But, why would you need our help when you've got Tenshi on your side? They truly are a formidable race, that exchange their physical prowess for a more magical one. You should get that liver checked out." Ki giggled a little "Just kidding! I'm sorry I can't accept this offer, information is a very powerful tool. Wouldn't want to let ours out. That brings me to something, you do know we're a militant country right? War is sorta our thing. Xan Command! Rise!" The board drew their weapons and some called their "pets". "So, unfortunately we can't let you leave alive." Ki sat there for a bit just to rev the berserk general up, so he could get a feel for their power. "Tamers, his ride silence it! And silence not kill, you bafoons!" Some men jumped out to go deal with the beast outside.

Morfrost flipped through the pages of his book at a leisurely pace. He was mildly bored having to read through books day after day, but the young prince wanted to be like his father. An Emperor. Morfrost chuckled at that thought thinking how hard it truly was. Everyday he witnessed Jack smash something to relive his stress. That wasn't a very good way to relive stress in Morfrost's personal opinion. His was to withdraw to either the Library or the courtyard.

Lost in his study and thought, Morfrost didn't noticed a robust, brown haired man sit down. It was only after the man coughed did Morfrost glance up to see his uncle Tirrn. Morfrost saw that he wore his normal attire. Brown clothes unlike the formal white robes the Senate wore. Tirrn also had his stoic face. His Uncle must have came for a reason so Morfrost closed his book and rose. He turned to walk to where he got the book all the while Morfrost felt Tirrn's piercing eyes follow him.

"Uncle, is something the matter?" Morfrost asked as he sat back down.

"Yes. I've spoken with your father and we have decided that it is finally time for you to travel around the Empire. You've been pampered for far too long pussy so you'll be traveling with me to roughen you up for the Throne."

Tirrn saw that Morfrost barely kept his excitement at bay.

"When do we go?" He asked.

"Right now." Tirrn smiled.

"Now?! Uhh, ok." Morfrost rubbed the back of his head unsure of what to do.

"Well, go." Tirrn said as he proceeded to escort Morfrost out.

345 of Second Chaos
The Southern Empire, the Forest

"For the Empire!" Ra howled as his Legion broke rank and charged at the tribesmen.

Soon the clash of metal and stone and flesh roared over the bloody battlefield. Ra recklessly charged into the fray himself despite a disabling injury. In the fray Ra found himself surrounded by a dozen tribes men of various species, but held firm as he clutched his Gladius readying a strike. He turned slowly to see who would attack first and a scream from a Amzina made him turned to see a spear zipping through the air.

Ra reacted quickly and dodged the spear as sparks flew off from the spearhead glancing the general's armor. The Amzina then pulled her spear back leaving herself opened for attack. Ra took advantage of this by bring his sword down onto the savage's unprotected head. The Gladius broke through the skull destroying the brain and Ra pulled it back out letting the Amzina fall to the ground dead.

"Come on!" Ra raised his sword that dripped blood.

The others backed up a bit letting a Centun materialized from the mass of fighting blurs and brought up its legs. Ra didn't react quickly enough as the legs pushed him down. Pain rippled through the general's body as he fought to recover. A neigh from the Centun also told Ra that the next blow would be the finisher. He wasn't about to go down.

Just as the Centun reared up Ra flung his sword into the soft underbelly of the beast. A pained gasp followed. For a moment the Centun wasn't sure what happened and was about to proceed until Ra crawled under him. Curious, the horseman looked down to and to its horror saw Ra grabbing the Gladius. Then the general began tugging on the sword slowly turning the Centun's inside's into mush. The Centun stood dumbfounded by pain as Ra finished the job.

The Centun fell over and Ra jumped to his feet seeing that the battle was won. His Legionaries were cheering as the tribes hastily fled back into the forest.

"Empica Victor!" Ra rose his bloody Gladius into the air as the men stomped and roared savoring the victory.

Last edited by a moderator:
[With Ki and Baskal]

Baskal looked around, studying those around him. He had expected them to deny the deal, but not to try and kill him. Baskal was infuriated, his great leader who he trusted with his live was just spit upon by this denial, and than to further it by trying to kill him and capture his borla? This made him all the more angry. He slowly drew the large oversized sword from his back, it was pitch black and had a few runes on it that weren't active, as he looked behind him he saw a few nearly make it outside and to his borla. He immediately rushed them, cutting them all down in one large swing as he stood in front of the doorway outside, the blood soaking him and his armor alongside the walls and floor near him. He looked towards Ki and his advisers with their T-Rex's. Some of them seemed apprehensive about trying to attack him, or do anything of the sort to him, but most, almost all of them were ready and motivated to splatter him on the walls, which proceeded to make him even more angry, before he spoke. "I will let one thing be clear... I can take others belittling me, but what you just did was not only disrespectful, but also disgusting!" He finished with spitting on the ground, but instead of spit a large glob of super heated fire came out of his mouth and slowly burnt and melted through the floor, showing that even though his fire wasn't able to melt through solid rock like their people's magic counselor, his was still hot enough to melt through other materials. "Now, i am going to leave, and you are going to stand there and watch me leave, and when i get back to my leader, you will be taken down in the most gruesome way we can think of." In reality, Baskal really wanted to clean house and bloody the place more with this mans advisors and pets, but he knew that even if he could take down his advisors and pets, he couldn't take down Ki, the man was too strong for him to do so. Baskal quickly rushed out of the doors and ran straight to his blora where a few managed to incapacitate it with a few strings of rope which were quickly cut down by Baskal before he hopped on and in a matter of seconds he was nothing but a quickly disappearing blur in the sky.

The wind lashed out at the city, whipping up snow, coating the huge trees of the tiger forest. Stars twinkled down from above, the night like an icy blanket. Inside the city, a small house in the middle of the city was almost empty, a bed and furry carpet. Shadows creeped down from the walls, and in the middle of the house, a luxurious Rak bone chair creaked as Syla Ukuxuay sat, thinking intensely. Her eyes glittered emerald and her hair was undone, hanging down her back. Ferocity seemed to burn inside her as she stood up, quickly tied her hair into a bun and slipped on her snowshoes, and went out into the storm. The snow and ice burnt her cheeks like the Ice God's fire, but she ignored it, and impolitely slammed the door open towards her advisors. A small sleeping man yawned and looked up at Syla.
"Get up, Perqu," Syla snapped at him. His head bowed, and he replied calmly,
"Yes, my lad-" he started, slowly slipping back his covers to reveal his pyjamas before he was interrupted.
"Why did I choose an advisor that came from Chu again? Not to use those weak Southern terms! I am the Lahk of Reverque, the Icy Fire -" Syla glared at him. She was not in a good mood, after lack of sleep, tirelessly keeping the city in order.
"Reverque is not under your control yet, Lahk. Now, what do you wish me to do?"
"I need to send a message south."
"This way, Lahk." Perqu stood up and trotted down the hallway, the sound of two soft footsteps alerted the guards who stood proudly as they rounded the corner.
"Access to the stables?" Perqu asked manner-of-factly to one of the guards.
"Permission granted sir - I mean, permission granted une," the guard fumbled, remembering the Lahk standing nearby. Their spears parted, and the Lahk passed through, followed by Perqu. Syla motioned for Perqu to stop, and he could see her whisper to one of the Rider's ears, who looked surprised, then nodded. The man nodded, then mounted his domestic Rak, galloping out of the city gates.

------

Eku was sweating and blurry-eyed as dawn broke, the sun slowly rising. He had been riding for nearly weeks, and he and his mount was exhausted. Instead of going directly into Central Empica where the Rak could die of heat exhaustion. Curious citizens on his journey had given him a place to rest, food, and at first a map, in return for stories about Reverque. Now he knew he was close s he had re-entered Central Empica. In the distance, Eku could make out a city. Thanen. Suddenly, the Rak below him fell to its knees. Eku's couldn't move out of the way fast enough, his senses dulled from the long journey. His mount fell to its side, crushing his legs and trapping him. He cried out in pain but then closed his eyes, muttered a short prayer to the Ice God, then ignored the pain. He managed to bend up and look at the deers eyes. They looked tired, and strangled breaths arose from it. Suddenly, it's eye glazed over. He used his knife to cut flesh, pulling him self out from underneath. He thanked the Rak for its tireless energy, and hoped it would find its way back to the Ice God's fire. He salvaged the little meat he could carry from it, then stumbled towards the city

As the tired Eku stumbled towards the stone gatehouse leading into the city a trio of Enforcers sat eating a meal their cook managed to throw together. They were now enjoying a delicious meal of meats, fruits, and vegetables. Nearby their weapons and armor shone against the fire that lit their little shack they called home. They were also exchanging stories and jokes as they dined. They had also invited their cook, but to their dismay he had left to serve other Enforcers who guarded the glorious city of Thanen.

"Then the fat lady said," Thun began laughing even before the joke was finished.

"Tell us the damn punch line already!" Yaonl demanded as he gnawed on a bone.

"Then the fat lady said 'Do It'!" Yaonl laughed even harder now.

"Pfth. That makes no sense." Sen crossed his arms."Besides, we really need to finish our meal and get back to the watch. If someone sneaks through then we are going to find ourselves back North. You know how dreadfully boring that place is with all its snow."

"Aye! I guess I'll take watch while you finish your precious meal." Yaonl said as he got up from the table and went over to his armor.

The Emperica Enforcer strapped on his armor and trotted outside with spear in hand. His sword dangled from his hip as he stepped outside. He quickly took a look around to see if anything was unusual. Thankfully, there wasn't any. He did, however, spy what appeared to be a short, pale humanoid creature dragging himself to the gate.

Like an act repeated time after time, Yaonl lifted his spear, pointed it towards the creature, and growled a warning.

"Stay where you are!"

Soon after the yell, sounds of the other guards getting up and hastily strapping on their armor and getting weapons echoed from the shack. The two others then appeared wielding their weapons ready for combat.

"State your business!" Yaonl ordered.

Eku breathed out, untroubled by the guard. He looked around the guard at the castle. He sighed and said in the northern Reverque accent,
"I was sent to deliver a message to the ruler of these lands. The Lahk of the North," he stumbled around, then steadied himself. He gripped the leather bag slung over his shoulder. He laid it gently in front of the guard, tentatively pointing over to his dead mount.
"Where I come from, there are these creatures called Rak. Some people told me they are like... A 'horse'," Eku fumbled on the pronunciation of the word. "I rode mine from far in the North, a place called Reverque. It died from the heat. You are welcome to salvage food from it," Eku continued, not realising this city was probably luxurious. He gulped down saliva trying to relax his burning, parched throat.

"Another courier." Yaonl was about to send the man away, but then saw that Eku had traveled far and was indeed dehydrated."Aye, it looks like you're parched sir. You can rest here while I send one of my men with the letter to the Emperor. As for your mount," Yaonl looked over at the dead Rak. It appeared more like a deer. However, he could see that it was large enough to carry a man the size of Eku. He could also see the distinct profile of a Chryssalid already dragging the corpse away. A green liquid was pouring from its mouth onto the Rak dissolving apart of the skin," no good. Wild animal already is dragging it away. Sen! Get this man water and food! Thun. You can go tell the Emperor about your joke and deliver the letter."

Sen hastily retreated back into the sack while Thun stomped over to retrieve the letter.

Eku beamed a smile at the prospect of food and water. He pulled out the letter, a scroll made from thin leather, and blood used as ink. This was normal for him, so he found it completely fine. Eku pulled it out and handed the guard the scroll. He waited patiently and grinned as Sen came out with a tray of food and water. He graciously accepted it and started to gorge down. Half way through the meal, Eku stated,
"You are very tall. In Reverque, we are much shorter -" cutting his sentence short to take another mouthful of food, then pouring the water into his mouth

[Ki to the Board]

"If you could think..." Dragon Riders among the board took their positions cornering the man in mid-air. They demanded he land or they would shoot, but of course they shot spewing endless flames at the Dragonkin immediately after. Once they reached the borders they halted, B.O.R. showed up blocking the Dragonkin's path, Ki stood up from his chair and walked in the middle of the assembly floor, He jabbed his staff down cracking the floor beneath him. The room fell silent and all eyes were on him. "We are PWs! We control the battlefield! We will not let the buff head berserk Dragonkin overwhelm us! Rally the armies and train the dragons, I want their muscles five times stronger than possible! I want our men sharper than the poison tipped arrow!" Ki whipped around to face Darius pointing his staff at him. "Get the Scouts and Knights ready! They leave tomorrow night! Find a way to cut them from the Tenshi stronghold! Go!" Darius bowed and ran off. "Captain of the tamers! Rise!" The man did so and was instantly ridiculed, Ki had shot a glare at him through his goggles. "Didn't I say for the dragon's to be trained?!" The man stuttered and ran off. "All men and women are to report to their duties immediately! Raise the gates of Regaltah! If I am needed! You can find me training the Miscellaneous Knights!" Shiro whistled for his T-Rex and rode off to do so.

[Baskal encounters B.O.R.]

As Ki finished talking the six B.O.R. members still sat blocking the Dragonkin's path, the driver of the mighty sand dragon reacted so fast it was almost a mirror of the Blora. Two Nekos zipped onto the Blora they landed in a flurry of flames, one with black fur the other with an autumn color. They both had a rare Neko disorder known as Anthromorph, the black one turned to look at the Dragonkin. As he did so blood started to spew from the Blora's wings. "I suggest you land. Dead or alive we still win, use your rage as much as you want you can't handle the six of us." A girl with a large bow lifted it and aimed for the Dragonkin's head. Another girl that looked identical to the girl with the bow stood, but carried a large staff. She pointed to the Dragonkin's blade and chanted the word expose and lines started drawing in his blade before it shattered. "On, second thought... I'm just going to kill you. Shiro hasn't given us much work lately, just been out training." The two erupted into flames, but had forgotten about damaging the Blora's wings and noticed the sudden decline in altitude. They both ditched to their dragon and left the Dragonkin to plummet into the water. The six flew off the archer keeping a close eye on the Dragonkin as they shot off. "Pathetic." She walked toward the center of the dragon's back and dined on a huge sack of apples. The autumn colored Neko looked to the black one "What do you think Shiro wants to do?" The black Neko shrugged and sat riding to the city on water. Ugaolo.

Baskal watched as the mysterious soldiers arrived next to his Borla and he could only watch as blood splurted from it's wings, it managed to glide a long while before suddenly declining. It was then that he spoke "2 Things, you can't destroy the runes on my blade, their engraved." And it was true, as engraved runes were different than normal runes due to the fact that the magical concentration would literally fuse with the object they were being engraved on and would be unable to be removed, though it had been rumored that the Tenshi were able to do so with the large knowledge on magic, it had yet to be seen. He watched as his swords rune's glowed a blood red before turning black, oh fuck me..., Baskal though, apparently, even though they hadn't been able to remove the runes from his sword, they had been able to disable them, for how long he didn't know, but at the moment it was just annoying. "Second, theirs something you should know about our kind. And that's that, you never piss a dragonkin off..." Baskal finished by jumping off of his falling Borla and slashing his oversized blade at 2 of their steeds, cutting one on it's underside and the other had it's wing taken off entirely, before Baskal blew out the hottest flame he could muster from his mouth towards the rest of the unit as his eyes became all red due to activating dragons rage. He then deactivated it and noticed he was falling to the sea, though thankfully he could see the shores of the Tenshi's lands, and begun to swim as hard as he could, eventually making it to said coast, and cutting of their chances at killing or capturing him. But as he looked around to study his surrounding's he noticed one sever problem, he looked down and noticed he was bleeding profusely from his stomach, it seemed one of them managed to injure him while he was under the influence of DR(Dragons Rage). 'With how much i'm bleeding i'll only be able to make it to the Tenshi's capital and will have to rest, perhaps i can send a message from there.' And thus he started his long trek to the Tenshi capital as he continued to bleed from his stomach.

The Celestial Lands - no-where in particular

Night had fallen when Kiru's patrol came across the Dragonkin. The patrol leader, the one named Kiru, was the one who initiated conversation, since they seemed to have gone unnoticed to the savage. She was an intimidating woman, taller and broader than the average Tenshi, and clad in pale metal plates. She had long, blond hair, tied up and held in place with a metallic clip. Her eyes were green and she wore the scars of a veteran, some of which were still raw from recent skirmishes. She held her greatsword pointed at the dragonkin's face, the moonlight causing the silver blade to glitter, and the sapphire decorations to glow eerily. Green runes had begun to appear along the length of the blade, glowing and smoking slightly, with an occasional crackle of green electricity. It was evident even to the primitive Dragonkin's mind that a spell was on standby and it's wielder's finger was practically pulling the trigger. "What are you doing here, Lizard man? Are you aware you are in Tenshi controlled land, or did you happen to stumble into it by accident?"

Yaonl shrugged."And I wasn't expecting people to actually be living in the North. We have always assumed that it was just a barren wasteland with nothing worth while. Now, if I may ask, what does the letter say?"

Sen exchanged the meal for the letter where he then took it through the city. He arrived at the Library and took a platform that lifted him up onto the raised terrace of the building. As usual, Sen had to weave his way through the crowd of Elves, Wrifters, Emperica, and Dax who all came here to learn. The Enforcer managed to get through only being stampeded about two times and now he nursed a wound on his forehead. Sen then finally pushed through the golden doors.

Sen then waded through the series of interlocking halls and stairs occasionally stopping to take a rest. Sen would find himself at the Emperor's study and pounded on the door.

"Come in!"

Sen gently opened the door to find that Jack was absorbed in a book. Immediately, he got to his knees and lifted the letter.

"A message from the North Emperor. Comes from a short being called Raverque. I believe its a new species."

The Dragon spun out of control to the ground, but "Reticle" saved them and guided the group down to the ground to safety. They now walked to the nearest city where they could take a mount to the City on Water.

Ki arrived and didn't see B.O.R. members at the training grounds they were only a couple km away, but none-the-less not there. Ki sighed and hopped down from his T-Rex and walked over to the men who kept the MKs at attention, he patted their shoulders and they bowed and backed up. Ki held his Bo staff across his shoulders and let his arms hang over it. He paced around talking to his men with a bellowing voice. "We've lived in peace, harmony... But, We're bred for war. So why do we sit and train all year long?! Just to waste it?! Bull! We are PWs... predators of the shadows. Tonight I drink the blood of the trinity, if I may die, no need for you all to suffer." Ki paused to bring his staff down to his side.

"Xan Command! Rest! Xan Command! Tanks Front!" The army of 300,000 made a large "ks" sound as as their feet shuffled to a rest position. The tanks moved to the front lines, these being Oppositions equipped with shields made from the regenerative Golems, Calvary and T-Rex Riders. "Xan Command! Marksman, Support! Fall back!" The units who had access to ranged weapons or enchanting, healing, and damaging magic moved to the back. "Xan Command! Back line recent! Cover rear!" The back line of support and ranged moved to cover all of the back, including sides. "Xa~an Comman~nd! Warriors organize! Length and Tip!" The rest of the Misc Knights that consisted of an even more vast array of weapons forged from dragon scales, organized themselves so that the longer weapons with blades were forward and going farther back you had longer with no tip, shorter with tip, etc.

"Command Transfer Major! No need to whisper, so I'm going to go deal with the other 5 units while you three handle this one." It was then that B.O.R. arrived on three Rexes; "Jinx" and "Jax", "Shots" and "Deck", "Kraken" and "Reticle". "Jax" hopped down and passed Ki without a word, "Jinx" hopped down and chased after her bowing to Ki as she passed. "Shots" waved the majors off and "Deck" stood next to them training the army. "Kraken" and "Reticle" went and put the Rexes in stables. Ki was a bit confused by the mysterious silence and followed the two to the Stables. "What the hell happened?" "Kraken" and "Reticle" exchanged looks, then looked to Ki. "Reticle" spoke first. "We went and confronted the general Baskal when we saw him cross our borders in a rush. We decided "Shots" and "Deck" should confront him. They were unable to kill the general, he is most likely alive at sea." "Kraken" nodded as to confirm this. They both stood staring at Ki, all three reigns in "Kraken"'s hands. Ki placed a hand on his head and slowly dragged it down. "Ugh, fgfdgfkhhklhsksssssssssss! Just get your men ready "Reticle" and "Kraken" how is your exotic beast training going?" Reticle walked off to a well dropping down into the caves, eventually off to train his men. "Kraken" walked with Ki explaining how the Hydra sometimes refused to listen when it grew another head, Then how the Class-5 Golems were starting to listen without reward. They eventually walked away by the time "Kraken" started talking about the new rider training plan. When they left "Shots" and "Deck" gave a sigh of relief, the same applied to "Jinx" and "Jax" who were watching from afar. "Jinx" then realized she had to train the magicians and ran off to do so.

At first, Baskal thought that the Tenshi conversing and trying to intimidate him were blind, as they hadn't reacted to the blood on his stomach and the large gash on it that was bleeding profusely, but than he had realized that it was night time and he wasn't able to make the connection due to how much blood had been lost. Baskal answered in a slightly quivering voice, "My name is Baskal the Blooded, one of the Dragon Alliances Grand Generals, i was sent on a peaceful political mission to Rogess when they attacked me. I managed to escape but they took out my Borla and i had to swim before reaching here. I saw your grand city off in the distance and started heading there to see if i could get help and if i could get a message to my leader. The message is that Rogess has declared War on the Dragon Alliance and my people need to prepare. Please, if i don't get this message to my leader or get some help, than your people will possibly be dragged into this due to where your located, and my leader nor do my people want to drag innocents into this." Baskal finished, as the light from their weapons showed his large wound on his chest that was bleeding like a dam had broken.

"Hello Stranger. If you are reading this, my faithful messenger Eku has arrived. I am sure as a kind ruler of these lands, you will be hospitable. I am the Icy Fire in the North, the ancient Lahk of Reverque. We have hid ourselves away from the rest of the world for too long, hiding in the stretches of the Tundra and Tiger forest, fighting petty battles between one another. I offer peace with our neighbour. Perhaps you may accept a fair trade. We will give you four logs of Steelwood trees, each -" On the letter, the writing was blotched with ink, crossed out, then rewritten. It was obvious she wasn't familiar with their measuring system. "60 feet long. In return we simply wish for a blueprint of a ship. Unfortunately, even we cannot drag these huge logs as far as Thranen, so we will be bringing them to closest town. Thank you for bothering to read this, as I am sure you are busy."
Eku finished, every word from the letter imprinted into his head, in case the letter was lost. Eku bowed his head and thanked Yoanl for the food. Never before had the Shakra built boats, the closest they got was building rafts, and only to cross rivers. "I should be going as soon as I get a reply from your king, I thank you for this meal," Eku rubbed his bleary-eyes and waited for the guard's response.

"That's it?" Yaonl raised an eyebrow."A species in the north that had hid themselves for a long time only now coming out? Something ain't right. Thun, your opinion?"

"I say we kill him and hang his corpse at the gate!" The Enforcer laughed obviously joking.

Meanwhile back at the Library Jack snatched the letter and sent Sen away back to his post. Then he unfolded the letter. As soon as he saw the blood, the Emperor's eyes narrowed. What kind of savage used blood as ink?! Jack quickly skimmed through it and once done he threw it into the fire. He was surprised that the letter came from tribes in the North and were proposing peace. The letter also mentioned that they were fighting against each other. Something that wouldn't sit well with the Senate, but what did they know?

Jack then called forth a blonde haired courier.

"Take this and deliver it to Enforcer Yaonl and the man from the North." Jack handed the letter to the man who took off sprinting as if a lion chased him.

Status
Not open for further replies.