The World of Narif (Sign-up/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah true. Originally I was going to make the Tenshi a hyper-advanced race, technology-wise, but I didn't know how far I'd be able to take it. Some things I could logically assign to ancient magic, like floating islands or doors that open themselves, but other stuff like guns that cast a pre-programmed spell upon pulling the trigger I didn't want to risk.

I'm one of those people that, flat out, doesn't like advanced weaponry in my Fantasy stuffs. I have mountains in Partheus that have tons of black powder beneath for the potential of making gunpowder...however, these particular mountains rise from the ground and then fall back in a very large explosion. Anyone who has tried to explore them has always died in the blasts. Thus, no advanced weapons. I think the highest advancement Partheus has is airships, and that's because of the magic of the Balloon Dragons, which only inhabit one small area on a planet the size of Uranus. So, yeah...>.>'

My nation's main race isn't capable of magic. Only through the 'Maghina' stone allows them to have magic, but wears over time and there's only a select few who can have it. Plus, Maghina has various other uses like charging the (extremly rare) flying ships.

A non magical race? This could be very interesting. They wouldn't stand a chance if they went up against my race without any maghina. Do they boast a resistance to magic or something? That could be interesting. They resist magic but that also prevents them from using it. Perhaps the maghina temporarily disables their resistance or something?

Well all types of magic are available, but magic itself is rare unless specified in a character sheet. As for tech armor, no, no advanced technology like that, think advanced medieval weapons like rapid fire crossbows with enchantments.

My character is a pure creation of magic, but that's mostly because of how the islands were done. Ghasks are common, and each of them have a small sort of magic, but that's only because magic is needed to keep things running smoothly. Honestly, one simply cannot have a fantasy RP without magic. It's just not possible. XD

Well all types of magic are available, but magic itself is rare unless specified in a character sheet. As for tech armor, no, no advanced technology like that, think advanced medieval weapons like rapid fire crossbows with enchantments.
Ok got you appreciate it.

A non magical race? This could be very interesting. They wouldn't stand a chance if they went up against my race without any maghina. Do they boast a resistance to magic or something? That could be interesting. They resist magic but that also prevents them from using it. Perhaps the maghina temporarily disables their resistance or something?
I wasn't planning for them to have a resistance against magic, but considering that some species are purely magical then I might add it. And the Maghina could disable this resistance.

Other than that, Maghina has many uses as I've explained, but (if no one else has something similar) the Emperica had it the longest and thus know many of its hidden abilities. This means that if you start going around and exterminating them then you are going to be set back a lot. :p

That's true. But my race isn't one for extermination. If anything they'd probably provide aid to the Empirica in exchange for knowledge on the stone, since Shinkyoji contains a huge library and the scholars there are trying to gather everything known about magic in one place.

Also, I'll be creating a second race soon. They're gonna play a part in what I have in store, but I realised I ought to run them by someone to make sure they'd work.

Well pretty sure I'd be the only person able to approve it XD, also the dragonkin don't use magic so they should be good XD

Oh @Mowkie since Odynai is ageless, he'd probably know about Shakumi's ability to move her soul into a new vessel upon death.

I was originally going to make an entire race of these guys, but I decided one really big one would be better than multiple little ones, for roleplay purpose.

Appearance:
The Abyssal Eye has no set physical form. It is everywhere simultaneously. Occasionally however, it will reveal itself to mortals, and if it does, it will take the form of an unnerving black metal structure, around 20 meters tall, that floats in the sky.
earthbound_immortal_itzpzpalo_by_raphtil-d322ycc.jpg

Name: The Abyssal Eye

Race: ?

Family: N/A

Skills: Absolute invulnerability, Omniscience, Omnipresence.

Weapon/s: N/A

Good Traits: Currently has it's power bound by the Creator - cannot actually do anything beyond observe. Seemingly benevolent.

Bad Traits: Currently has it's power bound by the Creator - cannot actually do anything beyond observe. (Yes, I did type that out again instead of copy/pasting. No idea why.)

Personality: Has an unnerving obsession with politics.

Past: Nobody knows that the Abyssal Eye exists. It exists only in legend, and only as whispers in the back of the mind, that you can't quite locate, like having a voice telling you what you should do. When it does this, its subjects assume it is just their self-conscious mind.

Ambition: Who knows? I guess you'll find out later.

Accepted, though originally when I saw deity I thought you were going to do something else and I was prepared to reject it, glad I actually tend to read through everything before passing any kind of judgment on it.

Will update OOC OP when I get home. Though we still need 2 more nations to start.

Well, if all else fails, I can whip up a second nation...you might want to advertise this RP out.

@Ruko Odynai isn't as old as Shakumi, seeing as there might have been someone who lived on those islands before the Guardian. I call him ageless because no one actually knows his age. The Keepers tend to keep to themselves. This world is EXTREMELY young, so there's very little to play off of and little room for bonus lore of what came before the Keepers...I'd say he's a full century younger than Shakumi, though I'd imagine to keep the peace with her, he would have visited frequently and thus learned of this ability. Seeing as he doesn't judge, he might actually be good friends with her. If you want, we can work on a relationship between the two.

I love relationship building. <3

So do I. Shakumi came into existence at the exact point of the Creation, I dont remember if I put that down or not.

There is a banner for this up and about.

Yeah, you did, Ruko. That's why I was saying Odynai could or couldn't know about it...it's really whatever you think would make a better story.

Well, I initiated a PM earlier and I have now read up on your race etc, so I shall be writing down some of the things that came to mind while reading it shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.