B l u E s

Dawn' Sunlight
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
THE WORLD OF EIRIOND
There was a time when the world was at peace. It was the Khadorrian era, a time where every race would live under the same crown and worshiped the same gods. It was an era of prosperity. Magic was used daily, there was no bloodshed over a piece of land, no hunger, and no poverty. Whether you belong to the Valekian, the Elvan, or the Khadorrian race, you were seen as a creature blessed by the Dralno gods.

The Castle of Jotvelm
Alas, that time has long been forgotten by its people.

Valekians, have for the past centuries, dominated Eiriond and became the wealthiest and most advanced civilization in the world. No one could stop their greedy expansion.

Over half a millennium has passed since the Valekians overthrew one of the greatest, if not the greatest, kingdom ever built by the Khaddorians. They were powerful, fair, and just. Everyone lived under Jotvelm, the Kevalum, also known as the light of the world.

Jotvelm was indeed the greatest. Unfortunately, the Kevalum died under dubious circumstances ad left behind a kingdom unworthy of its people. It was an opportunity for those burden by darkened hearts fueled by self-interest and hatred.

The Khaddorians were persecuted, massacred and raped. A handful survived the war that followed, but they were quickly forgotten amidst the ashes of history and believed to have been completely annihilated from the known world. Among those survivors, there were two leaders who shared the same blood. They lead their people to a land far to the south where they could be safe from their enemies. It was an opportunity to rebuild the lives they lost, but the lands to the south were exactly what myths and rumors claimed it to be. Dangerous and fearsome creatures roamed the lands. The environments were harsh and undiscovered by the civilizations of the North. To say the least, they were challenged on multiple forms and a division started to form within the survivors.

It was the birth of two tribes.The two leaders and brothers hated each other with a passion. Their goals and ideologies were drastically changing. They began to clash leading to a war of a hundred years between both tribes.

Nowadays, both of these clans still exist. Similarities could be seen yet they were drastically different in their culture and traditions. New generations were born, but they slowly forgot what it was to be a Khaddorian... or at least, a Khaddorian of the past. Well, that until a prophecy was made and promised a great victory that would lead them on a whole different path.

This is where history is going to be changed and where our journey begins. At the heart of the Khaddorian affairs.

Character Position Available
(Original Characters are also available. These are just specific roles needed to drive the plots.)

These positions must be filled before starting this roleplay. If you hold any of these positions, you are only allowed that character since they will demand a lot of work in their own and they are the driving force of this roleplay. That being said, I hope you will find them intriguing :) You must understand that I will be a be more severe in the CS if you choose these characters, but I will help you a lot more :) So, hit me up if one of these characters interest you!

The Prince of Tauren: Ambitious, eager, he is the Prince of Nothing. Or so he calls himself. The King, his father, is dying from some unknown illness. Despite looking up at his powerful and wise father, due to his youth, he seems much more aggressive in his politics. Less merciful in a way. Well, although not a tyrant from these early signs, he sure will accomplish something. At the beginning of the journey, he will be forced into marriage with the daughter of the Kaist from the Jotaig tribe (I will be roleplaying her).

The Best Friend of the Prince: A rogue human with unknown origin. He is mysterious for the greater mass and not exactly appreciated. People are wary of him despite him being one of the Prince's best friends. People are scared that when the 'influential' young prince will go in power, they will appoint him to a higher position. They certainly wouldn't like that.

The Jotaig Kaist: The leader, a man of honor but brutal and merciless. He was always intimidating and seen as a frightening man. No one wanted to be in his feet. His battle scars were the living proof of his hardship and will to fight for his people. But behind this brutal man rest a kind man with a heart of gold. He raised his only daughter on his own when his wife, the previous Kaist died during the last civil war between the Jotaig and the Tauren. They had lost, a lot. Since then, he has been the pillar and the reason why they went back on his feet. Unfortunately, he has been met with a frown and disdain for "lowering" himself so low as to accept to marry off his daughter to the Prince of Nothing, the man with a human as a best friend, a sell out to their eyes. But behind this brutal man, many secrets were hidden and he knows bests.

The Best Friend of the Daughter of Jotaigs: She is kind and definitely does not mold in with the rest of the Jotaig ladies. She is much smaller in average and a bit of a bubble head. She thinks out of her box and is really open minded. Perhaps because she was raised by two adventurers who roamed the lands in search for knowledge. She is loved by everyone, even if sometimes the old ladies gossip about her frivolity.

The Advisor of the Kaist: Greedy, dishonest, traitorous. He will be one of the main antagonist of the story. He is a double face, unfortunately, trusted by many. His real motives, only he knows, but it is definitely not in the interest of the Khaddorians. At the beginning of the story, he will be loved until his true intentions surface.

REQUIREMENTS AND RULES

Before joining the journey, I as the gamemaster of this world, will verify your profile to see if you are someone typically active, someone, reliable, and someone who meets the minimum standard I require to join this roleplay. Unfortunately, I cannot see everything by the profile of someone.

This is why I will basically write all of my rules down in big paragraphs because I do not want people that skim through the post of fellow roleplayers like they do with rules. So, this is the first requirement. You must be someone who loves reading other people's post as much as they love writing your own. The thing I hate the most is individuals who skip people's work and write up a post that does not concord with the setting. This creates chaos in a roleplay, especially in the beginning, and it annoys me to the core.

I expect one post every week, with the exception of academic finals and holidays where I will give extensions accordingly (you will be notified). If you fail to meet this character, I will god mod myself and control your character in the most likely way. It will be a brief movement post for your character for other's to move. If you are not active in OOC, in PM, or you ignore me for more than three weeks, I will kick you out of the roleplay and your character's faith will be decided by moi.

When it comes to writing standard, I do not believe this is a roleplay to 'improve' my writing skills from beginner to intermediate. I expect role players to post multiple large paragraphs with descriptions of the environment, the inner feelings, the feelings projected by body languages, and dialogues. When it comes to grammar, I expect everyone to give their hundred percent but I do not expect a grammar proof post. I do mistakes, everyone does mistakes, therefore I just require that an effort is put to correct evident mistakes.

I do not enjoy phone roleplaying with someone, especially in a group roleplay. Although it is easier, the writing standards go down the drain. If by unfortunate matters you do not have a computer, let me know. I am someone who understands and sympathizes a lot. Pull out some sad sob story, I'll believe you. So, since I want to know if people read up to here, tell me your favorite aspect of the roleplay at the very bottom of your character sheet or the top of your character sheet.

Additionally, my patience is very limited. When I come online, often it's too destress from real life and university. If you create drama with me or any other roleplayers, I will boot you out almost instantly. You will have one warning and if you are salty as ****, I will be EXTRA salty with you. So, this basically means don't be a bitch cause I am a bigger, badder bitch honey ;)

Lastly, this roleplay is much more than just some romantic hook up story with battles and drama. When I read your posts, I want to feel like everything flows and people are sharing a story around a bond fire. I want this to feel like I'm watching a movie and every single one of us enjoys it. It is important for me that everyone enjoy themselves and everyone gets immersed in this roleplay. I want us to share, laugh, cry, and just have some crazy fun together as we share this experience. So, don't be shy to be extra creative and share it with everyone in OOC. Don't worry, I will read your post and react and answer you.

And the real lastly, if you are someone who typically drops out of roleplay for X reason, please don't join because I do not want to deal with this. Please be a hundred percent interest in this roleplay before joining. I do not want to be hurt or angered by someone who 1) wastes my time 2) wastes the time of others 3) takes the chance for someone more enthusiastic to join. So, before submitting a CS, make sure you are a goddamn friend to me or willing to become a trustworthy friend cause I will hate you if you drop out .

*Signs a contract with blood and waits for you to do the same.*

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: junebug and Shayla
World Description:
The world of Eiriond is broken down into five continents: Eadith, Khauran, Shegura, Osonuan, and Auruwuin.

- Eadith, the land of the North
- Khauran, the land of South
- Shegura, the land of the far east.
- Osonuan, the land of the far west.
- Auruwuin, hidden land of the sea

{Maps & Descriptions of Socio-economic and politics in the Making (if anyone wants to help make the maps, I'll gladly accept it xD )}

Last edited:
Religions in Eiriond:

The main religion practiced across the known world is Dralno, which is a polytheistic religion composed of twelve gods. It is mainly practiced in the continent of Eadith and Khauran.

- Valek, Goddess of Time and Advancement
- Zuras, God of Enlightenment.
- Ysmir, Goddess of Peace and Nature.
- Ilena, Goddess of Forgiveness and Truth.
- Edorr, God of Justice and Loyalty.
- Aher, God of the Afterlife.
- Xabton, God of the Sky and Mountains.
- Dydva, Goddess of the Moon, Water, and Misfortune.
- Edia, Goddess of Oracles.
- Amir, God of Sleep and Hypnosis.
- Durena, God of Medicine.

Important Figures in Dralno Religion:

- Shakan, The Beast Lord.
- Detao, Father of Blacksmiths.
- Sizona, Energy (considered an entity of its own. A form of energy for life and death.)

{Legends of the Gods in the Making <3 + Two other religions including one monotheistic}

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shayla
The People of Khauran & Eadith
There are many races in the world of Eiriond. Perhaps over twelve of them. Here are a few:

Khaddorians
(Inspired by Khajjit's in Skyrim)
Restless and nomadic by nature, Khaddorians roam the wilds, fueled by dreams of reclaiming their former glory. They believe every life - no matter how small - is not only valuable but plays a critical role in the natural world. All Khaddorians strive to find their purpose and play their part. Currently, Khaddorians live hidden in the southern hemisphere. They are separated into two distinct tribes: the Jotaig and the Tauren.

Khajiit Fan-Art by Nahelus
Language:
Jorgethi

Kevalum (n): uniqueness, entireness, the only one of its kind. The honorific title was given to the greatest Khaddorian conqueror, Jotvelm.

Aldemeri (f): A woman of high social standing or refinement, especially when viewed as dignified or well-mannered.

Kaist (m): A tribe leader, typically a male in the Jotaig tribe.

Putdrak (n): 1. Son of a whore 2. Motherfucker

Jotaig (n): Ancestors, a person from whom one is descended; forebear; progenitor.

Race Attribute: Khaddorians resemble feline races and can breed with each other even if they have jaguar, lion, lynx, or panther attributes. They usually stand between 7ft and 8ft. They usually weight between 150 to 250 pounds, but this can vary dramatically. Typically, females are 20% times smaller than males but sizes vary.

Their racial advantages are their unmatched acrobatic abilities and their natural claws. They are physically tough or very agile. Of course, they are quick and Khaddorians have developed a natural proficiency in stealth and night vision.

Due to these racial attributes, they are often seen as 'beasts' by the Valekians and sometimes even Elves.

History: The only traces left of ancient Khaddorians are yellowed pages of manuscript. A lot of the ancient traditions of the Khaddorians has faded away, but legends say that thy were once a peaceful and powerful empire. Unfortunately, due to wars that spawn over half a millennium and the harsh conditions of their environment, they lost a great deal of their past culture.
The Jotaig Tribe: are the ones who took the biggest blow with the betrayal of the youngest brother during the genocide of the Khaddorians. Oppressed and pushed in the far end of the jungle where resides the most dangerous creatures, the Jotaig had no choice but to adapt to their environment and forget about their ancient civilization. They learned from the Sylvaris (faeries of the jungles) the many ways of surviving the jungle and most importantly, the respect they must have for each creature given by nature.

They are nomad warriors that hunt in a daily basis. Every single son and daughter are trained until it's coming age (15 years old) to be a skillful hunter and warrior. Legends say that Shakan, the Beast Lord was the one to teach the first Jotaig Leader, Rakat, how to fight like a true Jotaig warrior.

They have one city, Rakatstad, which is located on the outskirts of the jungle near the ocean, and a few other villages around it.

When they go hunting, their habitation consists of tents made of tinted red leather of Vlupuar, a four-legged herbivorous creature.

Their current Kaist is Throd the brutalizer. He is, what we would call, an iron-fisted leader.

The Jotaig mainly live off hunting, fishing, and a few trades with locals of Khauran like the druids and pirates of the east.

The Tauren Tribe: is located on the western coast of Khauran. Unlike the Jotaig who have a direct access to the sea, they only have a river that flows from the border and mountains that guard their back with fertile lands bellow.

The Tauren tribe is the most advanced in terms of civilization. This tribe is actually a kingdom. They are much more populated than the Jotaigs and one would assume that since they actually have an army, they would single-handedly beat the Jotaig... But that's not the case. They have different strategies and lifestyle which makes them pretty equal in terms of strength. Though, they far exceed the Jotaig's population by at least half. That can be explained due to their sedentary behavior and focus on agriculture.

Their King is Thetlius the poor. Why such a title? Well, he was what really made the Tauren tribe really evolve into a kingdom. He has been in power for over fifty years after his father died in the war of a hundred years with the Jotaig and he really fixed up his kingdom. He was a modest king, one who believed in his people and trusted them. He protected them and gave all of his wealth.

He was the complete opposite of his father, a complete tyrant that only wanted power and wealth. How did he end up so drastically different? Rumors say that his mother was the real reason. A young Jotaig who was abducted very young and, according to Jotaig, raped repetitively. Of course, this will always remain a controversy since no one truly knows the reality of things.

Unfortunately, he fell ill with age. His breaths were counted yet he still felt the need to accomplish something important for his people. In fact, for his race. He wants to unify the Khaddorians in hope of a better future.

Valekians
Cursed by their creator Dralno to wander without a homeland, Valekians turned their adversity to advantage by using their long exile as a learning experience. they studied the culture and crafts other races and forged their own destiny without guidance from their neglectful deity. Valek, goddess of time and advancement, took pity on the Valekians and granted them the homeland they'd long been denied. Their capital today is the beautiful city of falcons which she helped them create.

To this day, Valekians are the forefront of the military coalition and political movement - the Valerian Federation.

A Noble Born Female Valekian from Valekia
Language: Ardaric
The main language spoken by the Valekians is the Ardaric language. There are many dialects and regional accents & slangs that were born after the Valekian conquest. Hence, why it is one of the most spoken languages on the continent of Eadith.

Race Attribute: The Valekians are a relatively balanced race. They are relatively innovative and smart, but also quite strong and adaptable to survive. Of course, these perks vary from regions and clans they belong too. Valekians, in general, they size between 5'4 feet to 6'0 feet and weight between 100 lbs to 175 lbs.

Valekians have a wide spectrum of skin tones and pigments depending on their regional locations. The palest humans are usually the Nords, the tribe who lives the farthest north, and the darkest are the Bahmi, the Valekian tribe that lives the farthest south.

Their biggest advantage as a race is their sense of community and their quantity. They have, in average, eight children per household. In addition to that, with the technologies they develop, they currently have the strongest military power followed by the Elves on the mainland.

History: In the past, the Valekians were seen as adventures individuals due to not having any homeland. There has been in the past many civilizations of humans and many lost tribes never to be found. It's been said that the bravest of all Valekians sailed to the west in search of a homeland during the time of the Kevalum, but not one boat came back.

And so, those heroes were assumed to have perished in the black ocean of Dydva, the Goddess of the moon, waters, and misfortune.

Due to not having any homeland for centuries, they never really had a strong political leader to represent them until the death of the Kevalum. They did not lose one opportunity and seized the throne by oppressing the Khaddorians. How did they manage to this when Khaddorians were the power? It is unknown to the Khaddorians since the majority long lost the knowledge they had.

Nowadays, the Valekians are the strongest empire that rules both the Eadith and parts of the Khauran continent. Their main capital is Valekia, which is named after their Goddess Valek and stands strong in a mountainous region. It is the base of operation for trades, political affairs, and the Valerian Federation.
Subraces of Valekians:
- People of Valekia: individuals born in Valekia and most probably originated from different sub-races of Valekians such as the Wyvern or the Bahmi.

- The Nords: individuals born in the City of Nord in the North of Eadith. Typically pale skinned, robust appearance with strong physical capability. They are typically taller than other subraces of Valekians.

- The Bahmi: individuals born in the City of Bahman. Typically darker than the average Valekians due to their regional environment. They have the most different culture amongst the subraces of Valekians since they live, mainly, on the outskirts of the desert outlining the territory of the Valekians.

- The Merus (Pure): this is a very small clan of young, beautiful, and virgin women. It is a religious cult that prays for Edia, the Goddess of Oracles. They have their own separate hierarchical system and rule themselves. They do not take part in political affairs, usually.

- The People of Iron Towns: This is a small town and they shouldn't really be considered a subrace, but they like having their own identity. They are the pillars of the Valekian power. They are the miners who work in in the great mountain chain of Eorn. They like bragging about that... A lot. In average, these guys are quite small and compact, but very strong.

- The Wyvern: these people are the most... intellectual of all races. In part, because they mix a lot with the Elves. They live in the eastern part of the Valekian empire and are the few Valekians who still bother themselves to practice a bit of magic, thanks to their Elf blood. Typically, they are slender and slim in size. Hence why their boys are the most nagged about their masculinity.

Elves
(Inspired by Tolkien's Elves)
Believed to be the offspring Zuras and Ysmir, Elves are similar in appearance to Valekians but are much fairer and wiser. They have greater spiritual power and are keener in senses, and have much more empathy with nature. They generally fight for the good side (A few turned evil and selfish in the past) and are fierce in their battle. They are more ancient than Valekians in their history but very secretive.

However, despite being semi-divine beings who are friendly with nature and animals, they are not immortals. They have a longeval life that could span for millenniums.

Language: Tarien

A Young Rogue Elf Exploring the Forest.
Race Attribute:
The elves have a much different life cycle as Valekians or any other races in the realm of Eiriond. By the first year of their upbringing, they can talk and dance. By the fifth year, they already reached puberty. The reason why is because their minds develop much more swiftly than other races. Hence, why they seem much older than what they actually are. Something important to note though is that they are not considered adults until they live a hundred years.

So, this rapid development of maturity makes the fairest and wisest of all races. Their knowledge is their strength and their feather-like weight is their grace. They are very agile and equals to Khaddorians in that matter, but not as strong.

Their healing capabilities are their biggest perk. Normal wounds that would be lethal to normal mortals can easily be healed during a fight.

The only way they can die is by being physically slain or by letting go of themselves due to grief or weariness.

To be noted, due to their long lives, Elves typically have one to two kids. Rarely do they ever have three. It is, in some way, seen as very unwise.

History: Elves have a long history in the realm of Eiriond. They have seen multiple civilizations go down and seen many empires take over. They, in fact, predicted that the power of the Kevalum would eventually falter. It didn't come to their surprise, but they didn't particularly like it either.

Between them, Elves are relatively at peace. They have sometimes tensions bertween due to differences and perspectives in the world, but overall, they follow the same ruler in Eadith and Khauran, Lord Elhael the Wise one. He was chosen centuries ago by his people in a 'democratic' like environment.

Their most sacred cities are Anenfiel (The Hand of Autumn's Lake), Himring (Cold City), & Lothladen (Flower of the Plain)

Magic: Elves have a special bond with magic. Born with it, they are able to unlock different skills that help them control different elements of Sizona (energy). It is one of their many blessings from the Gods.

Subraces of Elves:
-
Avariel: also known as winged elves, is a very rare type of elf. They are instinct in the known land and were only present at the time of the dragons millenniums ago. Nothing is left of them in Eadith and Khauran. It is believed they were slain during a war that took place before Valekians even roamed the lands.

- Dunma: also known as dark elves, they are a subpopulation that is believed to have been cursed by their patron God Zuras for not following his teachings. Their skin turned to grayish tons to represent their 'rotten' core, or so legends say. They mainly worship the god of the afterlife, Aher. Hence, why many see them negatively, especially other elves.

- Silvis: also known as faeries, Silvis are a type of elves very small, almost the size of a bumblebee that guards the magical forests of the mainland. They are the Guardians of the dense forest of Metsa. Due to the abuse of Valekians and some other races such as orcs, they have a particular disdain for their like of empathy towards nature and their smelly skin.

{The People of Segura, Osonuan & Auruwin in the Making}

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie and junebug
The Character Sheet
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CHARACTERS THROUGH PMs BEFORE POSTING THEM FOR A REVIEW
So, please keep in mind that I am trying to find dedicated roleplayers who know what role they want to play in this world. I want personality in your character, I want a clear idea of how that person will interact with others in this world driven by political, economic, and sociological issues. I am not looking for antisocial, "cry me a river" character. If they are dramatic, you better make him likable to everyone even if he is pure evil or pure tragedy. So, this is my only two requirements for the CS...
1) Make Him/Her/It/X as interesting as possible with as many details as possible.
2) Most importantly, KNOW your goddamn character's past by heart and make me understand what is driving him.

So, for me to make sure you all do this, I made an extra complicated checklist of what I want to see! YOUHOU! Customize it as much as you want, but I want all of these things answered.

ALSO, QUICK REMINDER: Please stay in the norms of the society and take it into consideration while writing up your character. If your character is homosexual in any of these societies (and I mean emotionally, not sexually), they will be frowned upon and executed depending on which society (Khaddorian society will be extremely judgemental for male homosexuality males and lightly frown female homosexuality). That being said, I hope to see at least one homosexual character in this roleplay (for the beginning of this roleplay, I will limit it to only one character).

Banner (OPTIONAL)
Appearance (Realistic Art Preferably, no anime.)
Philosophy of Life:

Basics
Name (&Pronunciation)
Date of Birth (&Age)
Place of Birth:
Species/Racial Origin:
Social Class/ Community Status:
Language:
Family/Friends/Pets/Etc:

Physical Description
(please follow the norm of each race. For exemptions, ask me first)
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Limb Dexterity:
Detailed Physical Description:
Typical Clothing/Equipment: (don't exaggerate in the weapons there, but be creative as well. There is a broad variety of fantasy weapons).

Personality/Attributes
Personality/Attitude:
Skills/Talents:
Favorites/Likes:
Most Hated/Dislikes:
Goals/Ambitions:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
Hobbies/Interests:
Regular Routine:
Attitude Towards Death:
Religion/Beliefs:
Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:
Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:
Sexual Experience/Values:
Education/Special Training:
Place/Type of Residence:
Place of Work:
Work-related Skills:
Past Occupations:
Memberships:

Backstory/Biography (this is truly where I will decide if your character is accepted or not, so work on it and have fun doing it :) If you don't have fun, that means it is not the right character to play. Ask me for help if you need some!)

Where was your character born and raised? Who were his/her/it/X family or guardians? Siblings? how did the family and upbringing influence your character's childhood? What had your character learned through education and childhood? What was your character done recently prior to being "active" in the roleplay? What does your character actually "do" for a living? How would your character explain it to a stranger if he/she had to? What is your character's present mental/emotional/physical state? What is your character's world view, beliefs, and/or mindset? What is your character's morals or values? What are your character's quirks, merits, flaws and/or character traits? What are your character's likes/loves and dislikes/haters? What does your character do well? Doesn't do well? What does your character do when "off work"? How does your character speak (dialects, accents, etc.) to others? Does your character use certain expressions or words, or vulgarity? What are your character's short term goals? Long term goals? What motivates or drives your character? How social will your character be when interacting with others, if at all? How would you like your character to be remembered? Does it matter? Does he have any secrets?

Author Notes:

Last edited:
Author's Ending Note:
I hope you enjoyed your read and consider helping me create this world with your participation in a future roleplay. It is a grandiose world and this little thread is only a scratch on the surface of this rich and exotic fantasy realm.
I would love for anyone to send a private message if they want to join me in this journey or simply give me advises (or warnings? ;) )

So, happy holidays to all! Hope to get in contact with your guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.