The World Is Saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Insidious Joe

Original poster

This musical video I found on YouTube (3 years ago, when it was posted) elicited a strong emotional reaction from me the first time I'd watched it. Now it has resurfaced, and struck once again.

It has prompted me to ask the gamers of Iwaku the following questions: What was your grandest adventure in gaming, whether new or old? How did it affect you, and what did you walk away with from the experience? Does nostalgia creep up on you from time to time?

You don't ever forget the first time you beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon.
You don't ever forget how you trained for hours, watching your team slowly inch their way up through the ranks.
You don't ever forget the places you trekked through, from dense forest to icy cavern to barren desert to get there.
You don't ever forget the gym leaders you struggled and toiled against, desperately looking for that one Pokemon nearby that could give you the chance you needed.
You don't ever forget picking up that Pokeball the Professor entrusts to you, and that sense of wonder as you step out into a world that reduces even the hardiest of men to giddy children.
I won't ever forget my first Pokemon journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is beautiful and perfect. Truly, this is the stories of heroes; not of the ones told about in the books and the movies but rather the far quieter tales of adventure and conquest that occur in homes everyday. These are not the legends of models and actors, properly groomed for greatness but of the Jane and John Does of couches and beds. People who become washed away by the tides of time and received no true anthem but, now they do. I love this song :mario::masterchief::pikachu::mspacman::sonic::triforce:

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
You don't ever forget the first time you beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon.
You don't ever forget how you trained for hours, watching your team slowly inch their way up through the ranks.
You don't ever forget the places you trekked through, from dense forest to icy cavern to barren desert to get there.
You don't ever forget the gym leaders you struggled and toiled against, desperately looking for that one Pokemon nearby that could give you the chance you needed.
You don't ever forget picking up that Pokeball the Professor entrusts to you, and that sense of wonder as you step out into a world that reduces even the hardiest of men to giddy children.
I won't ever forget my first Pokemon journey.

Nor do you ever forget the times you finally crushed your rival
Nor do you ever forget the day you join the millions of others who understand
No, not ever do you forget the time you learned to play the lavender town theme of you favorite instrument
Or the hours you spent searching for that dream team that you would be proud to call your own
From the smallest things of what your first Nicknamed Pokemon was or big things like when you truly caught them all
No one can nor should they ever forget their days spent going to their first con to gush over their passion and travels or all the friends human and pokemon alike you make on the way

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.