The World IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requiem smirked, watching the banter go back and forth. It was interesting. He of course, had his own accommodations, and would gladly have shared, but White Wolf had offered first, and he wasn't going to argue over who's home the group stayed in. Seeing the gunner's leave didn't bother him either. Loud people irritated him, especially when those loud people drew attention to themselves for the sake of attention drawing. Made bad travelling partners. He closed his eyes when the girl left and took a drink from his own glass.

Eventually, he turned to White Wolf. "Whereabouts is your living place?" He asked. Once he found out, he would set up his own home nearby, and wait for them to gather. He even had the place picked out. He supposed he could go with the group, but all of his stuff was already set up the way he liked in his own homes.

During the conversations, or arguments, whatever it had been, Andy had zoned out into the back of Trent's head. He wasn't one for talking often, nor was he one to enjoy the gathering of so many people. Andy generally allowed Trent to do all of the introductions, with the exception of when the stupid boy would flirt or offend their soon-to-be hosts. Finally, Andy sat in a chair near where he stood, just a table diagonal from their host. He was so unobservant that he hadn't even noticed Asha staring at him.

On the other hand, Trent had enjoyed watching the events unfold in front of him. While the girl had stared at him, he had smirked and turned to look at Andy. If only she knew. Then again, maybe she did swing that way. The girl then excused herself and went up to the female at the bar. She was a startling white blonde-haired girl. Petite, as most people would likely call her figure. As Trent goggled her, he caught Andy tuning in and goggling the awkward leader chick, Asha.

Cordelia flicked her eyes over, so quickly it was hardly noticeable. Quickly, she downed another shot in the hopes of feeling something. Of course the attempt was in vain, but she held up a hand to the bartender for another none the less before turning to the figure beside her. "Can I help you?" The girl asked icily, her completely black eyes narrowed in a way one would either find terrifying or a turn on- maybe both, which had happened too many times for her to be surprised anymore. Typically, she was in a much milder mood. Today, however, she happened to be in a bad one. It was really luck of the draw from then on out as to whether she would kill whoever tried to talk to her or make out with them against a wall.

Reactions: Silver
The shaman nodded gently. "I am glad you descided to take me up on my offer. The town of Birthdale is a rowdy place after all." He said and sighed. "We will depart once everyone who wishes to stay at my home is ready, otherwise those we leave behind would never find it." White Wolf said calmly and refilled his mug with the Starbright drink.
"As to your question, mister Ace, I was a colonist in the new world; America. I came there at a young age, one of the few to make the trip... Intact." He quickly told of his life. How he was a stow-away on an exploration vessel, got found a few days out at sea and then worked to earn his food. How most of their food supple got stolen before leaving the caribean, and the looming scurvy when they reached north America. With slightly more detail he told of his life in the new world. Being shipwrecked on a foreign continent, and how he met and befriended a native tribe.
"They taught me the ways of the shaman, speifically spirit walking. The art of letting spirits lead your mind was practised by the tribe I was with, and neighboring tribes often came for guidance." The man looked at his hands while talking, obviously saddened. "But the spirits rarely accepted a stranger like me, and I even needed... Aid to free my mind enough." He sighed loudly and picked up his small bear totem. "Brother bear here was the first to take me in, soon after I had four spirits guiding my path. They still aid me here in the world." With that he placed the totem in a socket on his left glove, and eptied his mug.

K stepped out of her cottage, stretching and shaking the sleep out of her limbs. Bay padded out from behind her in his dog form, yawning loudly then snapping his muzzle closed. The following night, the two of them had stayed up long past their bed time planting moonflower seeds. Bay had taken a liking to the nocturnal flower and K wanted to make sure, there were enough to satisfy and amuse him.

"Tired," Bay whined, wrapping his arms around the young woman and resting his head atop hers. It wasn't a romantic gesture, more like what a tired five year old would do. "wanna go back to sleep." He mumbled.

K laughed softly and pushed him off of her. "Come on, sleepy bones, let's do our rounds. The sooner we finish we can just lay around all day." She said cheerfully as she headed to the fruit and veggie garden behind the cottage. Every third day of the month, K and Bay took a crate of fruit and vegetables to town and gave them to anyone who wanted it. Most of the people who approached them came fresh from the Field of Landing and K knew how hungry and bewildered you could get when first entering the World.

"Fiine..." Bay grumbled, and helped her load the crates.

When they finished, they headed to town, carrying two crates filled with all sorts of vegetables and a few flowers for the locals.

Ace couldn't help but snicker at the tale of White Wolf's life. "A white man Indian, huh? Not the most believable thing, with what I know about what came next. But you don't seem like a man who'd lie for the fun of it." He downed the rest of his scotch and held out his glass behind him, a barmaid quickly walking past took it from his hand. "Let me just go make sure the guy keeps his end of the bargain and I'll be ready." With that, he gave a halfhearted salute and walked out. Outside the tavern, Ace's unmistakable voice could be heard, calling out to the man he made the deal with.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaalfreeeeeeeed...! Collection tiiiiiiiime...! Come out, come out whereever you aaaaaaaare! Aaaaaaaaaaalfreeeeeeeeeeeeed! Can't hide foreeeeeeeveeeeeeer!"

For some reason, Hendrix looked over to Asha talking to Cordelia expecting them to make out against a wall. That would be spectacularly hot.

"As much as that'd be a sight for baggy eyes," remarked the bag, voice ground to a halt the moment his eyes caught another short glimpse of Asha's face. There arose a sensation, nay, a tug in his heart, one that he had not felt in the longest span across the lake of time. He felt a flush echoing through the hollowness that placated his heart, and a simple look into his own eyes revealed that, no, his humongous pet had not its potty unleashed upon the hamster people of Newerthal.

He should really patch up that hole soon.

Nevertheless, Hendrix shook and swung from his perch, and in the next moment, he soared, a plump eagle out for love. Shocked gasps and swooned crones abound. Upon the bar, a hunter's quick eyes sought out his shape in the splintering of a second, and turned to the bag in flight.

"My goddess." said the man. "From the terrors of dungeons un-beheld, the peltast strikes to rend!" he raised a blade, but was held sway by the flash of a rainbow not unlike lightning. Composition of compounds better left untold found their way at descent's end, and Hendrix landed on the bar, whip holding strong.

"Nay!" the bag shouteth. "From the meadows of life upon love, of embraces felt... It is I, the inquisitor of Freecs! Longardian shadow-nought of kingdoms merciful, and bane to Izumina's ichor!" announced he. Shocked, the hunter's gait left weakened, and with a whip of his body, did Hendirx pull to his service the man's own blade. "Hendrix, in the service of all whom are not of non-asshat lineage!" thus the regalia announced, and thus have he arrived.

"For maidens to blush roses... It is a fetish well entertained!"

Asha jumped when the attractive woman in the black dress spoke. The brunette parted her lips and her eyes eye flickered over to a lavender color as she regarded the woman. She had actually been talking to the blonde elf next to her.

"U-uh?" She stuttered out as she heard Ace's voice echoing from outside. She had parted her lips, whether to invite the black eyed woman onto the quest or too lose her nerve and stutter out a 'nothing', was unknown. Soon, her attention was captured by a blur in the air. The now lavender eyed woman watched the spectacle happening before her.

Then, the backpack's, for surely her eyes did not deceive her, it was a talking a backpack, words registered in her mind. Her mouth fell open. This was Hendrix?! Shock was the only thing Asha registered in her own mind. this was Hendrix? Dismay, anger and the feeling of being a total fool ripped through her. She turned and cradled her face in her hands, barely stopping a groan from slipping past her lips. She was near damn positive the group of men who had suggested Hendrix the hero had, had quite the laugh at her expense.

]i] Lie, and send him away! [/i]

I can't he already knows what's going on Curse her eager and informative ways. Besides, he still may be an asset, after all, he's a backpack and he managed to get here… Her consciousness, voice of reason, and panic argued back and forth for a few moments longer. Long enough for her to actually consider ordering something alcoholic. However, the blushing and stuttering already made her look like a fool, getting drunk, for it wouldn't take much to do it, would just make a worse impression on her new comrades. And she didn't want to lose the ones with legs.

Asha straightened up, stifled a sigh, and pushed a smile over her lips before she called out a polite greeting to the bag.

Reactions: 2 people
Little by little, there were more bugs in the inn, looking at everyone - but particularly at the new antics of the bag and at everyone suspected to be a member of the group. One even went as far as to hover right behind Asha.

"I can assure you that when I came to northern America things were different. If settlers kept to themselves and treated the land and the natives with respect, there were no problems." White wolf said as Ace stood up and left the inn. A small smile spread on his lips when he heard the man calling outside.
When once more a scene was made and people around him had their attention stolen, White Wolf once more ignored the goings on. Until he heard the name Hendrix. He quickly stood up and walked over to Asha's side. "So, the mighty Hendrix decides to swing past Introduction Inn? Are you here for the expedition, or do you have your own motives?" White Wolf began to wonder if the talking bag he had come across once was the real Hendrix. It certainly hadn't spoken the same way, and in The World it was easy to change your appearance.

A bone chilling scream was heard moments afterward, the kind of a man in pain so excruciating it's unthinkable. It continued for an eternally long three seconds, which sent silence shooting through the town as the sound carried through the air.

Ace reentered the tavern a moment after the scream's echo had faded from the alleys of the town. It was now obvious what the man had to pay for whatever he received from the Dealmaker.

Ace was now wearing Alfred's face.

The now face-wearing flameless demon saw a sentient bag being spoken to by White Wolf and Asha. "So the mighty Hendrix makes his appearance," he spoke quietly to himself, "that should make things interesting."

"Ah." Hendrix sought to revel in Asha's presence, but found the atmosphere in the bar turning into a knavish sort of affair, what with the newest, most bedeviling arrival. The screams now wayward lopping at his corners like the sew of a serrated edge, as much as for the little that he'd make show of, it put him off from entertaining any of the rest in the form of an engagement no less than that of blades and blunts. Of course, it was only natural when dealing with a demon, but one this dapper had him thinking twice, his endeavors be damned. "Well look at you." he turned to Ace, what was fathomable as a pair of linked brows bending in a once-over. "Got a new haircut, was it?" he broke ice, as subtle as a locomotive was melodious. "As a personal review I'd say it wasn't as hot stuff material as was the last piece. But hey."

In the commotion the hunter found everything too much for him to take. The World was strange, but to be strangely surrounded by so many strangers so strangely suddenly was an even stranger occurrence for this one stranger to all the other strangers, what more with this one batch of awfully stranger strangers. How very strange a way to start a day not meant for the strange, indeed. Quickly, he made way for the door, but not before a blade found its way into the side of his pants, taking his belt apart. With a muffled yelp the man kept on going, wondering if death by fear a possible outcome for those like him as he rushed past the demon of trades, hand carefully holding his own falchion away from his cold skin. Out of wood, and out of sight, the man's trinkets and thingamajigs littered behind in a trail most strange.

The colorful whips he calls his second pair of arms slink back to his sides, and they settled on Hendrix's cross-knit skin like arms swung akimbo.

"I see my name is no new news. I don't exactly know what to make of that, since they still charge me full for a toe massage plan and coffee." his eyes seem to glance to the side for a short second, before turning to once more rest on White Wolf. "I've come for a peek, and a peek is all I am able to muster. I've seen towers tall and oceans sanguine, but the imaginings for this expedition has not been the most tempting sights as of late." he tells them, fast and forwardly. There was a quick bend, and closed knits cast downward onto the bar's mahogany. Then the bag rose again. "I've come, hoping there is something that can urge me to stay." he continued, hoping his choice of words were well suited for a formal conversation, not aiming for his own brand of directness at the moment. It wouldn't take much for him to switch back, though.

Varris was still watching the group, but now that they were in somewhat safer ground, he dared himself closer. One with sharp eyes could see the leaves ruffling in his wake.

An orange tabby cat sat on the ledge of one of the windows. With a swipe of her paw she opened it and leaped into the room. She paid the large group of people gathered about no mind as she went straight for the door, just in time for it to open.

A man stepped through and pushed his round Chinese farmer's hat off, where the strap kept it firmly on his back. He looked about at the collection of men and women there curiously. He'd never been part of a large group before. It wasn't really his thing. But Maja had pressured him into it, meowing over and over until he gave in and followed her here.

"Always have to be in first, don't you?" he said to the cat as he closed the door behind him. "Well you're not now. In fact it looks like we're late."

He looked around at them all, not sure who to talk to. He decided on all of them and opened his arms wide, showing that he wasn't about to reach for the machete or the shotgun holstered on his hip and back.

"I'm Trig. Or, I'm called Trig. I was told there was some sort of group forming here," he said. Maja quickly lost interest and went over to the nearest comfortable spot, which happened to be a complete stranger's lap. "Who's in charge here?"

Asha seemed to fade into the background...even though she was actually right in the middle of the going ons. People had never really been her strong point, and when she had entered the world, she hadn't fixed the weakness evidently. Out in the wilds, or maybe in a smaller group at a time, she did quite well. (or at least she thought she did.) And when her soul was out, she just didn't give a damn about other people, often times she'd be uncharastically rude. So she tended to avoid taking out her soul in social situations.

She watched as Ace came back in wearing some poor mans face. she wasn't going to lie. It was creepy. very creepy. The brunette tried to subtly move away from the demon man. Maybe she should begin to rethink her plan for having an open joining for her quest. Surely, she could've found the tower alone and like, left a map or something somewhere. yea, but then someone mean would find it and it wouldn't benefit anyone else... The woman shook her head lightly. No, no, this was a good idea. Even if it did freak her out somewhat. Again, she glanced over at the face wearing demon. So focused on Ace's new face, she missed out on Hendrix's words. She only snapped back to attention when another man entered the building As he demanded to know who was in charge, she leaned back in her chairs so she could get a good look at the man and sent him a sheepish half wave. She didn't exactly feel in charge. But she kind of was.

"Are you here to join the quest as well?" She called out, and beckoned him over to the mass of....people (surely Hendrix counted as a person even though he was a backpack...right?)

"We were just heading out to White Wolf's place to settle down for the night." she continued, raising her voice so the rest of the group could hear her words. Quickly, her eyes glanced around at each of their faces again to see if there were any disagreements. her eyes flickering over to a darker purple as she did so. "Unless anyone has any objections?" She continued before her eyes landed on Hendrix. "Will you be joining us?" she inquired at the bag. She was talking to a backpack...another small blush lit over her cheeks. Only in the world would this not be a sign of total insanity.

Trig spotted the leader, waving him over. Not at all what he was expecting, but oh well. Maja saw her too and beat him there, leaping off the person she had climbed on and instead curling up by Asha's feet. She soon got to purring and resting there.

"Don't go to sleep. We might end up leaving soon," Trig told her. "I'm sorry. Maja's...well, Maja's a cat. She'll do what she wants. Yes, I'm here to join, if I still can. I'm sorry I'm late; I didn't know until just a little while ago that this was happening. Actually, I'm still not sure. What exactly ARE we all searching for together?"

He hadn't been talking to nearly anyone besides Maja for some time and quickly apologized, extending his hand. "Sorry. That was a bit abrupt. I'm Trig. And you are?"

With his question left unanswered, Requiem shook his head. He'd just have to follow along and set up nearby. It was a slight inconvenience, but nothing too terribly offensive, and thus there was no reason to make a fuss over it. As he was contemplating his next course of action, the enigma Hendrix arrived, and in his normal style began carousing about. He never cared for the bag-man, but he couldn't deny the things effectiveness in the world, and in this world, that's all that mattered.

As Asha spoke to the bag, Requiem stood up and approached her. "I"ll be outside when we're ready" He informed her, promptly turning and making his exit from the building. The open air was relaxing. Quietly he reached back into his bag and began sketching again, drawing various items of value, cleaner than the cup he'd drawn. He could sell them for a profit, or use them. It didn't matter much as he could always make more, but it was a good way to pass the time. He was more interested in meeting the Mayor of the town again. It had been a while since he'd seen her, with their first meeting going rather entertainingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.