The World IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So I hear you're going on an adventure eh?"

A man sitting at the bar, previously unnoticed by the group, walked over to the table. It was now obvious that he was of a demonic nature, as his head was a skull which burst into flame as he approached. "I like adventures. I also need to get back to my body, and from the sound of it, that's what you all intend to do." The flaming skull headed man turned his head back to the bartender. "Barkeep! Scotch, single malt, on the rocks Celtic Style." He turned back to the group.

"Name's Ace. Ace O. Spades. Perhaps you've heard of me." He reached his hand out to the group, for the leader to shake.

"Spades, sit down. There are no deals to be made here." Requiem scowled, catching sight of the burning skull. "I swear, every time I see you, you cause nothing but trouble." He had no control over the Demon's actions, and honestly didn't care. He and Ace were fairly similar in a few regards, they just used different tactics.

Not waiting for a response, The Artist Reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He gave it a quick shake, and a chair dropped out onto the floor, which he promptly dropped himself into, leaning his cane on the arm of the chair. "Deals made with devils never end well." He remarked, reaching into his pocket for the paper he'd drawn the glass of. He reached in and pulled another glass out and looked over the others more carefully. "So... How's it going?"

Ace laughs as the barmaid handed him his drink. "Calm your tits, Picasso, I'm not here to make a deal. Unless anyone is interested? Hm? No? Alright. I'm here to help you fellas, and myself in the process. See, you guys need me for my expertise in certain areas, and I need you to help get to the Tower of Ascension or whatever the fuck it's called. The thing that will take me back to my body." He took a sip of his drink, a glass of single malt scotch with ice cold stones in it.

"I mean, come on, I know where you're going. You only have two choices here. Let me join the group, and work with you guys to overcome all the obstacles on the way, or I'll just follow you and let you take care of them for me. You're actually getting the better deal by letting me join." he explained, lighting up a cigarillo with his head and taking a deep drag. "So, whaddaya say?"

Varris, now being absolutely certain he spotted the group, discreetly sent three more drones - two spies, one mobile antenna which will land on the roof - to have a complete vision and hearing of everyone present. If anyone was ever so sharp, though, they could spot them crawling to the spot above them on the ceiling, having entered through a small hole in the roof.

White Wolf had spend some time looking at the door, hoping his friend would come back in. "I'm a shaman and guide of these lands. They may constantly shift, but I know many ways to traverse them." He said with a sigh. "But the true master of these lands is my wolf."
He then turned his gaze to Asha. "It has been hundreds of years since I lost my physical body. I never wished to return, but every day new people come to this town in search of the tower. My goal is to help these people, and those who still haven't decided if they wish to return."
White Wolf looked at his bear standing on the table. We all need guidance once in a while, even a shaman sometimes needed to seek help. That's why they make the totems, to find comfort in times of need. At least that's what White Wolf thought, not exactly what he was taught though.

Kanandaq walked quietly up a hill near Birthdale. He had seen a slinght glint from up there, and had decided to sneak up on whoever might be hidng there. As he neared the top of the hill and was certain whoever was up there was in earshot, he transformed to his lupus form. "I hope you aren't here to cause trouble." The wolf stood in the open, doing nothing to hide his presence. "Besides, you'd never get away with hurting anyone in Birthdale. If you've ever met the mayor on a bad day, you'd know not to attract her attention in a negative way." Kanadaq sounded slightly bored, and paid more attention to removing dirt from his claws than the stranger on the hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Silver
Varris did not even flinch at the voice. "I would be gone a long time ago if trouble was my business today." That was all that Kananadaq got for now from the veiled stranger.

Kanandaq made a toothy grin. "Then you aren't as stupid as some might think." By now the wolf had walked close enough to see the stranger. "Still, you're pointing a gun at the mayor's dear town, and if I'm not mistaken the inn." Kanandaq grew curious, wondering what the man's motive might be. "Just try not to gain the attention of the dragoness."

Varnas was still not moving or looking at the wolf. "The mayor is nothing to be afraid of. Too clumsy. If you're still worried, find me a fine optical piece with 30x zoom that's not attached to a gun."

The wolf was amused by the stranger's comment. "Oh, trust me. The dear mayor isn't clumsy, but the nature of fire certainly is. Still, I doubt she'd go all out on a single runt on a hilltop." Kanandaq turned around and began walking down the hill again. "Do try to not get yourself killed, especially if you are who I think you are."

Asha relaxed as Zoe put her gun away, shoulders once again easing. However, as a voice spoke from behind, she once again jumped. Although, in her defense, she managed to stay in the chair this time. Another blush sprawled across her cheeks that she promptly went about trying to push off. She cleared her throat quietly as the man who had been approaching them finished doing so and began to talk to this Ace character that had a flaming head. "People come up with the strangest things...' She mused to herself as she looked around the group again.

"You can both join." She intervened between the two males. Her smile was welcoming as the last bit of a blush faded off of her cheeks. "Welcome Ace and stranger." She greeted before introducing everyone at the table thus far to the new duo. Her attention turned back to White Wolf, she'd heard his words, but she had faith that his wolf would come back to him, they had seemed fairly close, even if the wolf hadn't seemed all too thrilled about the idea of the man joining her at the table. " That puts us at eight so far.: he commented. That's not too bad at all. But she'd been hoping for some newly arrived to join in on the fray to. The woman glanced out the window at the down falling glitter bombs. The sky was morphing into a darker color, night was falling it seemed. "Do you all have rooms here? Or?"

"I don't have a room here." White Wolf said. "But I do have lodgings not far from Birthdale that can easily accommodate us all. I'll even go as far as saying it's safer there than here, even with the mayor protecting the town." The mans smiled and picked his bear up again. He wondered if it would be a good idea to bring them to his hut, he didn't know any of them after all. "The only danger in my home is others inside it." He then pointed at the keg of Starbright and asked if anyone wanted some. "It's non-alcoholic and very healthy."

Blowing another puff of smoke, he looked at the blushing girl in the seat, then to the man called White Wolf and his keg of "Starbright". "Nah, mate, I'll stick with scotch. Thanks, though. As for the house, just how big is the building, and can all eight of us fit in without danger?" he questioned the man, taking another sip. Then he added jokingly, "As you can see I'm kind of a hothead and I'd hate for anyone to get burned."

That caught his attention. He raised his rifle and turned to face the creature "Compared to what I can do, the mayor IS clumsy, I say this from experience. But... who do you believe I am?"

White Wolf laughed at Ace's comment. "Trust me, I could fit this room inside my hut several times over." He then finished his mug of Starbright and continued. "I may not look like much, but I've spent over 300 years in this world. If I didn't know how to protect my own home, I wouldn't have lived this long."

As Kanandaq left, he gave a short answer. "I believe you to be a man who knows what he's doing, but doesn't know enough of this world." the wolf left for his and White Wolf's hut. Night would soon come.

Naomi pushed herself onto her feet and glanced around numbly. What was going on? She brushed a layer of shining glitter off of her skin and clothing. Despite her efforts a thin layer remained on her giving her a glow on top Slowly she made her way towards signs of civilization. Making her way cautiously into what appeared to be a tavern of some sort she dug in the pouch on her side. While grabbing the coins her fingers trailed along a few other items but she ignored them. She needed a drink to deal with this.
"Whatever's strongest." She muttered to the bartender.

Her eyes swept the crowd. The people here were certainly..eclectic.

The wolf could see the figure chuckle before setting his sights back down onto the inn.

Cordelia, out of alcohol, sighed softly and stood up from her small table in the corner of the room. She gave a tug on the bottom of her short black dress before starting towards the bartender, figuring there may be something worth listening to up there. She could feel eyes burning her back, mostly aimed at her rear, she suspected, but it didn't evoke the same smug pleasure as it used to. Recently, she had started to become bored with even her most interesting sexual partners.

The woman slid quietly up on to a stool by the bar, holding up her hand to the bartender. "The usual." She told him without so much as meeting his eyes. A moment later a shot glass was placed in front of her, which she downed without hesitation. Still nothing. She wasn't sure why she continued to attempt getting drunk- never once had she been even slightly tipsy, no matter how copious the amounts she consumed were.

"Excellent! So, uh, when do we head out? I hope not immediately, 'cause I've got a deal made here that the participant needs to keep his end of before my departure." he explained, adjusting his jacket.

"Wait... 300 years? Long ass time to be stuck in this place. Who were you? Before you came here? Or can't remember anymore?"

Zoe and Lance sighed. Maybe they should have left. "We're going, it seems we aren't needed here." Zoe left the last word, here, hanging in the silent room. Lance got up, expression unreadable and together, they quickly left the room, leaving the group to bask in silence. Despite failed attempts at conversation, that girl Asha seemed a bit too bossy. Even though the two were freelancers, they knew what what the boundary for tolerance was in terms of the clients or people they work with. On mistake, she had left a gun there. Her best, a Colt LE960. Sub-machine gun, really. She cursed under her breath. There was no way she was going back there. They trekked over the border and she gripped a gun. "Want to practice, brother dear?" Lance grinned. She set up a can and aimed a Smith and Wesson (model 500) she grinned and slowly pressed her finger against the trigger. She heard the sound of footsteps behind her.

(No offense Silver)

Asha blinked and tilted her head as White Wolf offered his own home as a place to stay. The guy was more comfortable with strangers than she. It wasn't very often she invited guests back to her tower. She could count the number of times on one hand. She stared around at the group again, slowly, more analyzing and recording than the previous times. She let the flow of conversation bend around her without really adding to it. At the moment, she was studying the man who had introduced himself as Requiem. He was interesting to look at, she had to say second only to Ace. (But that was probably because Ace's head was a flaming skull) Requiems eyes glowed. It was pretty cool. Her brows furrowed as she continued to stare at Requiems eyes before she shook her head some and turned to study Andy and Trent. Again she fell back into the pattern of staring. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she realized that staring at them probably wasn't all that great of an idea. Really, it probably wasn't, her face would probably explode in color if someone called her out on it.

With those thoughts, a faint blush spread over her cheeks at the thought before she again shook her head and turned back to White Wolf. However, before she could thank the man for his hospitality, Zoe and her brother walked off. Which had the woman staring at their backs with a small frown. What had made them change their mind? She stared at their backs until they disappeared from sight. Her attention refocused on White Wolf.

"If you're sure, it would be alright, I'd appreciate the gesture myself." She flashes a small smile at the man before her eyes were caught by a woman in a little black dress. "Inns are noisy and can get expensive after all." She murmured, a notch quieter than she had started out as she unconsciously did a once over on the woman before her eyes slide away from her, down the bar and landed on another female shape who looked lost, and, well, new. That's where her attention was focused for a few more minutes. "Excuse me, if you would." She told the party at large before getting up and walking towards the girl. She hesitated a few steps away before she pulled up the stool next to her.

"Howdy, I beg your pardon for the abrupt personal question from a stranger, but are you new to the world by chance?" She asked. Another blush streamlined over her cheeks before she began to stutter a nervously, "You seem kind of los and confused, and around here it usually means your new, but then again, maybe you're just lost and confused, this place is kinda crazy. Or maybe you've been drugged and dumped here....You weren't were you? I mean if you were then I guess it wouldn't be all that surprising, there's a lot of weird concoctions here...not that you'd be easy to drug of course, I didn't mean to imply that. I just meant..." Asha inhaled closed her eyes and bit off the ramble. "His Im Asha, I'm putting together a group to find the way back to the real world, would you be interested.?" She finally concluded. Note to Self: Let someone more eloquent do recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.