The World From Way Up Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calem wanted to scowl again at Bailey's calmness, but he let a playful smirk tug at his lips. He could tell Bailey was disgruntled at his choice of a weapon. He didn't care if Bailey thought they were a coward's weapon, he found them the most interesting. A brute could swing away with his sword without any thought or skill, but a tome required strategy and planning from the user. Even better, they allowed for both long and short range combat. Anything that allowed Calem to distance himself from something being swung at him was a good weapon in his book. And for his sake, he hoped that Bailey's aversion to tomes was due to him being unequipped to deal with them.

He rolled his eyes slightly at Bailey's stance, only permitting himself to do so because he knew his friend wouldn't attack him while he wasn't ready, even if it was a bad habbit of his. He examined his opponent, sword gripped tightly and held horizontally. Sometimes, it was almost like he was following a book. That was another advantage provided by magic, and it was a strange contradiction to planning and strategy. Whereas blade users were so disciplined and predictable, magic allowed Calem to be a bit more spontaneous and unpredictable. That was another common trait of Calem's; if he thought to much about a plan, he would start to hesitate or doubt himself. An easy remedy was doing it anyway. He often went through with half-baked plans and crazy ideas with little consideration for the consequences, often leaving him in sticky situations.

But not wanting to keep Bailey waiting any longer, Calem spread his palm and let the book fall open. At that point, he had to act quickly because it had signaled for the sparring match to begin. Without a moment's hesitation, Calem put one foot forward and thrust his hand out, letting the lightning dance along his forearm before leaving his hand and shooting out toward Bailey.

● ● ● ● ●

Emiliana leaned over her cup of tea as she sat at the table, taking in its warm scent with a deep breath. It was gone before she knew it, leaving her with no excuse to remain in the cafeteria any longer. With a sigh, Emi pushed herself up from the table and began to make her way outside of the Academy. She found a small group gathering there, immediately recognizing two instructors, Drakus and Taylor. With a long, tired yawn and a much needed stretch, Emiliana made her way over to the group and crossed her arms once within range.

RafaDark waking up from his bed with a big yawn, he walked to his window and saw that Darky was already there waiting for him to fly like they always did. Opening his window and saying "Hello there Darky, let's go then?" Darky responded with a huge growl. RafaDark, with a happy face, he change to his trainee clothes and jumped off the window and landed on Darky's back. Looking to see if someone was around, RafaDark tapped on Darky's head to ensure that he was prepared to fly. With a growl, Darky spread his wings and started to fly away from there.

(Sorry for not posting before, i didn't saw that the rp was open...)

The Silver Knight, #AF7817
Eli rested on a small hill, his arms folded behind his head with one leg bent and his other leg resting over the knee, his eyes closed as he listened to the soft breeze around him. He was enjoying the day, enjoying the peace, his body relaxed against the cushioned grass. He released a soft sigh, a small smile tugging the corners of his lips. Nothing could ruin this....

He was jerked out of his peaceful trance when something heavy landed on his stomach, forcing his body to jerk a bit as all the air was knocked out of him, his eyes bursting open as he gasped. When his body settled back down, he looked up to see a pair of golden eyes looking down at him expectantly, a furry head tilting to the side with pointed ears perked towards him. It was Razere, his Drolf, his fluffy tail wagging away. Eli groaned and pushed his beast's claw off of his stomach and rolled away so that his back was to him.

"Just ten more minutes." He complained. "It's so nice and relaxing here, we can fly in a minute. We've been flying all day."

Razere narrowed his eyes and barked in protest, followed by a growl.

Eli waved him off. "Yeah yeah, I know I promised, but this time for sure. Just ten more minutes, that's it."

Razere huffed. He was having none of it. He walked over to Eli's feet, reaching down and took hold of his ankle with his jaws, careful not to let his fangs pierce his skin.

Eli opened his eyes again and rolled onto his back, leaning back on his elbows to look down at his beast. "What are you doing?" He demanded to know, frowning at the drolf.

Razere simply answered him in a grin, and began to walk backwards, dragging his Rider with him. Eli's eyes widened as he realized that Razere was heading towards the edge of the island, and his hands began to claw at the ground.

"No no no no no no no!" He began in alarm. "Bad Drolf! Bad! Let me go!" But it was too late.

Once he reached the ledge, Razere pushed off from it and spread his wings, flapping them hard and began to lift Eli into the air. His Rider cried out in surprise as he dangled from Razere's jaws, flailing his arms as they flew higher and higher into the air.

"Ok! You made your point!" He shouted at his beast, but Razere was having too much fun.

The Drolf threw his Rider into the air, making him yell all the while as he did several flips, then when he came back down, Razere caught hold of him with his tail only to throw him back up again. He did a flip of his own before Eli came falling back, this time catching him in his claws, then threw him again. Eli began to feel sick, his arms and legs flailing wildly, but they did nothing to stop his fall or ascent, forced to play his beast's twisted game. He really hoped none of the other knights could see him right now.

Last edited:
As time went on Aegis let out a big yawn as his light blue eyes shined through the dark veil covering his face. He stood up and shook a bit as an aura surrounded him. Drakus looked at him before looking back at the group with a bit of a grin. "Well Aegis is up and seeing how people are starting to come in more I'd say class is about ready to be started. Perhaps not fully, but it could be a good time to practice until the other trainees arrive. After all I've been curious to test something a tad bit dangerous, but not deadly of course. Aegis, send it." Aegis stared for a moment before his eyes gave a small glow as he shot a spike made of ice at Drakus. He caught it and held in front of the group. "Anyone think they can avoid these spikes as well as Aegis' strike and my icy obstacles and give Aegis a killing blow? It'll be a good test of reflexes and they won't hurt too bad if it hits you, probably won't even pierce the skin. You will feel very cold in that spot though. And if it makes it sound better I'll make it a competition, although I'll have to figure out something for the prize unless you all want to do it for the fun of it. So anyone wanna show off their skills?" Drakus said as he looked at the group hoping for a positive answer.

Darky flying full speed up, he gave a huge growl and then he suddenly stopped in mid air. RafaDark said "What was it?" with another huge growl, Darky dived to RafaDark's place. "What the hell?" RafaDark questioned "Why do you make me get back here?" With a shout, Darky looked at RafaDark's place and with his tail he pointed to the great-sword on the corner of the room. "Ok...I know..." RafaDark said, while Darky gave a growl that looked like a laught. Entering his room and picking up his trainee great-sword, he remembered that it was not his, it was the one that he "picked up without asking" from the training ground. "Well...Maybe i need to give this back to the training place...I hope no one noticed that one greatsword was missing..." RafaDark thought while he jumped off the window again to go to the training ground.

(This is my first time roleplaying on a forum so if I mess up and be a total dweeb I apologize for my dweebiness.)

Let's just say, Noel was not in the mood. Yes, the sky was beautifully lit today, and the air was very warm and full of sunshine, but Noel was not liking the butterflies and kittens that seemed to magically appear whenever there was a good day. Well, he was over exaggerating by a long shot, but still. Sometimes, he seemed to have his own hormonal rain cloud over him that just followed him wherever he went. Noel gave an irritated sigh, plopping down onto the grass and resting his head in his hands, staring out at the empty blue horizon. A swift breeze blew, rustling the grass, and his hair, which ended up in his mouth. "Psffhpt!" He made an odd noise, flipping his hair out of his face with a swift motion of his neck.

It didn't take long for Noel to find himself bored, laying flat on his back and folding his hands over his head, using his forearms to hide the sun's rays from blinding his eyes. Pausing, he looked to his side. Well, when in doubt, get an animal who cannot speak to keep you company. He whistled a short tune, and not but a few moments later, his beast arose from out of nowhere, laying down next to him and ruffling her wings. "Hey, Piper." He greeted, a lopsided smile on his face. Of course, her only response was through short clicks and nudging his arm with her tail. "You're the only one that listens." He responded sarcastically, and Piper seemed to have an equally sarcastic response with a flick of her head in what could have been some sort of mocking gesture.

Piper flicked her ears a bit, gesturing silently in the other direction. "Shouldn't I be in school you ask? Ssssh, don't mention the problem and it will go away." Noel said, and Piper just gave an annoyed growl at her Rider's attitude.

Flying above the training ground, RafaDark saw that there where already many people but he could not tell many because Darky passed really fast above it. Thinking on an excuse to the sword he "forgot" to put it on the weaponry, he remembered that maybe no one have seen it. He asked to Darky let him near the wooden platform of the training yard. Reaching the platform, RafaDark said to Darky "You can go now, have fun! If i need you i will whistle or just scream for your help..." Darky responded with a creepy look and a long silent, then he just flied away hurrying for his daily routine. Sneaking around the place, RafaDark reached the training yard and carefully, without anyone noticing, he sat himself on the corner of the training field, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible and looking around very carefully not to raise the curiosity of anyone from that place.

((This RP is not closed right?))

Elizabeth walked down the hallway here frame hidden under her soild black cloak. She was always up early, she whistled and her dragon flew past the window letting off her screech.

The ice blue eyes followed the white dragon as she flew around outside, she walked outside Noctice landing next to her. She stroked the dragon's muzzle smiling when she heard the rumbling purr like sound.

She laughed when Noctice knocked her hood off reveling her black hair and pale skin. She climbed up onto the white dragon, "Come on girl, you need to get some flying practice in," she said as the dragon launched into the air flying up high.

Below the islands, just above the clouds, a rather large and blind creature soared without a care in the world. The case was the same for its rider, who was casually steering him around the islands. Mint glanced up, seeing a beautiful white dragon taking off. With nothing else planned she pulled on the reins of her beast and steered him beside the girl and her dragon. "Morning miss! I couldn't help but notice that astounding beast of yours! Care for a quick race?"

Razere finally had enough fun, catching Eli once more as came down, this time on his back. Eli quickly clung to his fur, eyes wide and breathing heavy with fright, moving his legs over the drolf's sides and held on. "That was not funny." He said, clearly upset through the fear of his tone, holding onto Razer's fur. "I could have died!"

Razere rolled his eyes and gave him a look that seemed to say, 'You're overreacting,' and, 'I would never drop you.' To add to his point he gave a snort and a shake of his head.

Eli only glared at him. "Well what if you missed me and I start falling too fast that you can't catch me? Then what? Hm?"

At this the beast answered with a shrug of his shoulders and looked away.

Eli huffed. "Gee, thanks a lot. I'm so glad that I can count on you." He patted his beast's neck, signaling for him to go, which he was happy to oblige.

Razere flapped his wings harder to gain higher altitude, soaring above the clouds but would sometimes linger a bit inside of them, before popping right out and shaking water from his fur. Eli's earlier fright soon vanished as he relaxed onto the back of his beast, leaning forward a bit with the wind bowing through his hair, his heart beating with excitement. It was always like this once he was in the sky. This was where he belonged, in the air with his trustful companion, even if he almost sent him falling to his death. There was nothing like it, the sun filling the sky with it's beauty and the clouds dancing along the wide blue blanket, nothing but everlasting peace and quiet up here.

Razere folded his wings and dove, wind zipping through his fur and Eli's hair, but the rider simply hung on tighter and narrowed his eyes. They began to water from the sheer force of the wind, so he reached for his goggles, but it was a bit difficult since the wind pushed against his arm. He forced it to keep still and move towards his head, finally managing to grab his goggles and lowered them over his eyes, protecting them from the wind. It was always essential for a knight or any rider to be wearing goggles, just for moments like this with the wind when the beast was flying so fast, but also for bad weather like rain. Some knights, however, didn't have any need of these and were just fine without them. Eli had noticed this some time ago, and couldn't quite fathom how it was possible, for the air and wind sure bothered him too much for him to dare leave home without his goggles. Oh well, they were probably used to it and more trained in those kind of arts than he was.

Razere spread his wings suddenly and caught an updraft, his whole body righting itself as the were lifted up high once again, before the beast beated his wings once more to keep aloft. Eli grinned and patted Razere's fur, proud of his beast for doing such a good job, then Razere veered off to the side and went on flying. Some practice maneuvers will do, it was always good to go over them so that they were fresh in the mind in case they were caught in battle, so they would need to out fly their opponent. Being good in the air allowed excellent dodges and sneak attacks, best to fly around the opponent while they tried attacking so that they were a harder target to hit. Eli always enjoyed going over these maneuvers and mastering them, for the more he mastered, the better flyer he and his beast was. And that was the whole point, to become a better Knight each and every time, to reach higher and higher and get better and better. Whenever mastering one move, it's always better to master the next, and even come up with your own moves.

Noel looked up from his lounging spot on the island, spotting his brother above the clouds. At first, he was about to wave the older down and tell him to land beside him, but then reality struck him. Eli would hand his own ass to him when he realized that Noel was skipping training. With a rather odd squeal noise, the boy jumped behind his beast, whom give annoyed set of clicks at her Rider's tendencies, hiding under Piper's wing. Piper squawked, lifting her ruffled wing away from Noel, butt scooting to the edge of the island and raising her head to the air, watching Noel's sibling soar the sky.

"Don't." Noel gave a warning, his hazel eyes narrowing at his so called 'friend.' Piper opened her mouth, letting out a high pitched screech to catch Eli's attention. She repeated it a few times, ruffling her feathers triumphantly when she had finished. The cries echoed, there was no way that they went deaf to the older man's hearing. "You're my Beast, you're supposed to listen to me!" Noel cried, tackling over the much larger animal. Piper gave another annoyed click, wiggling out and pinning Noel onto the ground with her paw, the boy squirming beneath his so called 'tamed' dragon.

"I'm going to get you obedience lessons." Noel huffed, crossing his arms, despite the little room he had beneath the paws of the dragon. Piper only made a purr like noise in response, laying across Noel to make sure he had no chance of escape.

Razere perked his ears, turning his golden gaze towards the floating island where a loud screech emanated from, spotting Piper and Noel. He peeled back his lips and released a low growl at Eli, shaking his head before finishing with an annoyed huff. Eli frowned and turned his head as well, looking in the direction of the island, having heard the screech as well. He would have to be deaf not to hear it. He blinked when he realized who it was, and could already think of the lecture he was going to give this boy once he reached him.

"What is he up to now I wonder." He grumbled to himself, shaking his head just like his beast had. "Lets go Razere."

The beast huffed again but dipped one of his wings, turning his body completely around towards the island before righting himself, flapping his wings and headed towards the island. It didn't take long for them to reach it at all, and just before they neared the island, Razere folded his wings and began a short drop. His paws hit the ground, taking off at a light run the instant they did, circling around Piper and Noel before slowing to a stop. Eli rubbed Razere's scruff before he slid off of his back, sliding his goggles back over his head, his gray hair sticking up around them a bit. It was already clear by his expression that he was very displeased, walking over to his younger brother with that disapproving look of his, lifting a hand to stroke Piper's neck.

"Thank you Piper." He said before returning his gaze to Noel. "So, I don't think I need to tell you that you're supposed to be in school." He crossed his arms, taking a stance that just screamed he was already expecting lies and lame excuses. "Explain."

Noel watched as his brother landed on the island, his beast circling the two in the center of the island. He sorta hid behind his dragon, hoping maybe he hadn't been spotted yet, of course that was very unlikely. As Eli slid off of Razere, he gave a defeated and annoyed sigh, popping his head up and trying to think of the quickest lie possible. Piper purred as Eli stroked her neck, pressing her muzzle into the older boy's hand with affection.

"Traitor." Noel hissed to Piper, who only gave a click of amusement and went back to enjoying Eli's attention.
"Well, you see, uhm.. " Noel began, standing up and dusting himself off, giving a meek smile. "Piper here, she was uh, awfully riled up and I had to take her for a fly, or else she would've ruined the training hall." He said, rubbing the back of his head and giving Eli the 'I know I fucked up but you can't stay mad at this face' expression, his eyes doe-like in an attempt to avoid his brother's unholy over protective brother rage.

Piper flicked Noel across the back of his head with her tail, giving him the 'don't even' glance, ruffling her feathers up and raising her maw a bit to the sky in irritation. "See? She's out of control today." Noel exclaimed, motioning towards the otherwise calm dragon who returned the gesture with a bored expression.

Wow, remind him to never count on Piper. He glanced back to Eli, giving a pleading look in an attempt to lessen the man's anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.