The Wolf Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry felt his face grow red from anger, and his smile turned to a frown. He glared at the man as he walked out of the common room, his grip tightening on the chair arm, denting the metal arm of it. Sighing, he quickly smiled again and acted as if nothing happened. "Yes, I'm Barry, but my friends call me Bear or B'.. And yes I have worked with Dar once or twice." Listening to Lucinda speak, Barry shook his head no. "Sadly Cinderella, Not to well. I won a minor case last night, went to the Trip Trap to celebrate and got a full glass of beer spilled all over my suit.....Thus causing me to join the fight. I don't really recall much on Dar's part...I don't even remember much to be truthful!" For the first time Barry got a good look at Cinderella. He thought to himself Damn, She is acutally beautiful enough to be a princess! Quickly changing the subject he said "Who is that guy anyway? He seems very cocky... yet familiar."

~The Station of Bigby~
Dar sat in a chair, legs crossed, and twirling his foot as everyone then proceeded to start conversations. Dar started to recognize a bit more people as the presented themselves. One in particular, Barry, was also here. Dar got relieved, but he thought to himself Barry's here to bail me out. Yay...Wait a second...I didn't bring my phone...Is he seriously here for the fight to? Barry is one of the few fables he respects in this world, his lawyer skills don't miss a beat, and his business skills aren't that shabby either. So unlike the other fables who crave a job from him just because they are homeless or broke, and to Dar, are virtually useless to him. Barry got a nice, well-paying job within the KD Consolidated HQ to provide corks to all of the Corporation's loopholes, not to mention access to unlimited glamour as well.
Barry is a good man, he knows how to act in a situation. And should be respected for it.
But alas, Dar did not know whether to feel angry for him being a lawyer getting arrested, or proud for going out to bars, wrecking them, and being the bad guy. Nevertheless, Dar could not blame him. Even lawyers need a good break now and then. So he decided to lean into the conversation he was having either Lucinda Rella. Dar kind of knew her, she had some unfathomable beauty to her, and that is about all he went to care about. Barry started first:

"What's up Cinda-" Stopping himself mid-sentence he said cautiously "I mean Miss Rella..., What can I help you with?"
There was a brief silence for a bit as Lucinda tried to expatiate on what her reply was to Barry, finally, she replied:
"No, not really. Or yet."
A very bearded and scruffy man then came into the conversation.
"You two kids have fun on your play date. Don't bite to much Barry."
Lucinda lets out a small giggle before looking back at Barry and replying."Barry." She paused momentarily thinking. "Thats your name right? You're that guy I usually talk to whenever we see each other coincidentally.. The one that works with dar--right?" She asks making sure with a raised eyebrow.as she asked that, Dar thought to himself Barry's a miracle worker, I wonder if he is good to get us both out of this situation. Lucinda continued her talking.
"So besides corny.. Formally tall and brooding over there--how'd your night go? Were you part of it? And the dragon?"
At that moment, Dar was baffled at the fact that Lucinda, a girl he has only heard about V.I.A his recruitment and presentation folders...which he declined the offer on...knows that he is Darudener, a dragon?
"INCONCEIVABLE!!!" He shouted, then proceeded to walk over to her, with a false sense of calmness, and, in his softest, kindest voice, proceeded to talk to Lucinda.
"Sorry to interrupt, but how did you manage to find out that if I wasn't wearing any glamour on...I would',t be able to fit in his room?" He turned to Barry "Why are you here my beloved lawyer and worker?" Dar said as he turned back to Lucinda. "Please, don't give me that weird look, I am not here for your money. Ha! If I was, I would have it in my hands already! Also, I have you know the reason I am here is because I get drunk in bars daily, and that's where this guy comes in."

Last edited:
"Huh--Uh, okay," Chrystal said as her friend steered her away from where they had been standing, and in the direction of Lucinda. Despite living in the same town and seeing the fable frequently, Chrystal didn't know her that well or speak to her that much. And it was crazy because Chrystal had an extensive collection of shoes that she had gotten at Lucinda's shop! But aside from the general cashier to shopper pleasantries, they hadn't actually had a real conversation.

But why had Alyss dragged her away so quickly? She was quite sure that the smaller girl didn't have a thing for Lucinda or girls in general. In fact she wasn't even sure if Alyss had a thing for anyone...She made a mental note to grill her about that later. These were things girl friends just needed to know, ya know?

It was then that she saw her, the Red Queen that Alyss disliked so much. Chrystal didn't know her that well, but she absolutely loved her hair. You culd even say she lusted after it sometimes. But she would never say that to Alyss of course.

- -

Andrei was sitting in a chair near the door, drumming his fingers against the armrests, while staring at a stack of papers that he was supposed to fill out. There was so much that he even considered walking out right now. But that would look very weird, and the last thing he needed was for people to look at him funny. Or at all--

"Shit." Andrei breathed, covering his face with his hands, not that that would really help, but it was worth a try.
Henri Duvett was right there, inside the station, about three feet away from him. Why? Why of all times! Of all places! Did he have to be here? "Please don't see me. Please don't see me. Please don't..." Andrei chanted to himself quietly, as he kept his hands over his face.

Well, it seemed he didn't have to push very hard at all to make the wolf angry, as the next thing Kin knew, he was pressed back up against the wall. The same pain bloomed in his back, more of an annoyance than anything serious. Clear hazel kept gaze with Bigby's deep brown, lips still quirked up in a smirk against the threats. His neck would be bruised tomorrow, no doubt about it. If he had any faith in the fable justice system, he'd file a complaint against the bastard. As it was, he'd settle for knowing just how much of a sore spot Maisie was to the wolf.

"Sure, I'll cooperate, as long as you get out of my space. Your breath reeks."

Finally, the pressure on his neck was relieved, allowing the young man to suck in a breath of air. A hand went up to rub at his sore neck. Yep, definitely bruised, and probably going to swell up in the night. Still, it could have been much worse. A new face appeared in the office, dragging Bigby's attention away for the briefest of moments, giving him time to think. He could easily slip away while the wolf was distracted, but he wasn't sure if that would make him a liar or not, seeing as he had conceded to helping the man track Maisie. So he waited. If the wolf didn't come back in a few minutes, he could convince himself that he'd forgotten, and walk away clean.

As Barry explained, Lucinda looked around momentarily afterwards before speaking after him."You lost your first case? There's a shocker." She blinked curiously before he asked who was the man who seemed cocky yet familiar. Lucinda looked at him then at horseman and replied calmly."Oh, that's horseman. The most intimidating fable. Don't get on his bad side and if you plan on doing so--I advice you to not do it now or in hear or near here." Warned the girl. Soon it wasnt long before dar had interrupted.

So many comments he made Lucinda stayed quiet and yet another girl appeared. Slowly did Lucinda scratch her head an pondered for a moment before checking up on the horseman and standing up. She walked towards the male and tippy toed. How unfair was it to be shorter than all the fable males even in heels they couldn't boost her up high enough! And she rests her head over his shoulder slightly leaned forward while folding her hands behind her pencil skirt incase it would raise up even though it wouldn't."I must admit horseman. You're scary but you're definitely my favorite as of now." Mumbled Lucinda only to see a frightened crane shaking for his dear life at the sight of horseman.

When she sees Bigby she will surely have a talk with him... Even though a serious talk about something so little like this she will never be able to take seriously herself. Now she was stuck here on babysitting duty with loud girls, a feisty dragon, a scary horseman, and a 'cuddly' looking bear whom she was looking forward to hug since her childish side was about to come out until the dragon came along as nearly went,"LOLNOPE." On her. Lucinda wanted everyone to settle down and soon rolled her eyes turning around and walking away from horseman.

While in the progress she walked passed Dar and mocked him from behind doing faces and copying his every word filled with greed and boasts. Soon she found herself tippy toeing over his shoulder and doing a silly face immaturely until she got caught by dar who stared at her with furrowed eyebrows to which the fox like girl flinches back and grins smugly--resting over his shoulder. She responded in a quick peck on the cheek. But he seems to still be in a way irritated and unfazed so she pecked him on the nose and walked off giggling slightly. The fox considered herself more powerful then that dragon, smartness was the key--not boasts and richness. And she was more powerful then him.

No one could ever stay mad at Lucinda. Unless it was jealously in most cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riene stood with her arm leaning against the doorway, her eyes half closed as she looked over the scene. A fight had broken out, having nothing to do with her in obviousness. The queen didn't fight hand to hand, she fought dirty with pistols and sniper rifles. Leaning against the doorway, brown earthy hair volumized and puffed she raised an eyebrow. She caught a glimpse of the little Alyss wandering away quickly and a small smirk rose on her lips. An interesting girl she had terrorized before, but that's what you get for disrespecting a queen. There was nothing better than Riene after all. The red gown had a slit that went mid thigh, and as she pushed out her large hips it exposed a bit of a black garter. Away went Alyss and a toe-behind, maybe of friend of hers. She would definitely chat up the cute girl later. There weren't many dykes in this part of town, much less fables that were so, and even though Riene was one she would never tell. She definitely found interest in the cute little Alyss, and because of this had a rude attitude to her. It was childish, but so was the queen. She gave an impatient glance with her hazel green eyes to the Wolf man in charge. "I'm going home shortly." She stated into the air, a statement that was all attitude and not at all asking for permission.

Barry thought to himself The horseman! I knew i've seen him before! I worked against him in an assault case with a Mundie.....He would've gotten locked up if he didn't end of driving off into the sunset. Seeing Cinderella kiss Dar made Barry a 'tad' bit angry, and he walked towards the exit, calling over his shoulder he said "Hey Lucinda, I'm gonna stop by your shop later if thats alright." Pushing the door, he saw that his hands were claws, and twice as hairy as before. Quickly trying to calm down, he left the building and headed towards his high rise apartment, calling for a taxi.

Hearing Cindrella's voice behind him, Horseman turned to Cinderlla and called to her, looking at her rear once again saying "You are deferentially my favorite to Rella." He whistled back to her, then closed the door behind her, pulling a chair from Crane's desk and propped it under the door handle. He walked towards the shaking Crane and said "What's wrong Crane? Don't you remember me from Sleepy Hollow? Of course you do! It was soooooo much fun hitting you in the back with my head!" Taking a seat in the other chair across from the desk, Horseman rubbed his beard and smiled at Crane and took a flask out of his jacket. "This head is alot better than my old head. Much nicer now that it hasn't been hit by a cannon ball!" Taking a drink, he held it out slight as if to offer a drink, but quickly pulled it back "No, I better not give you a drink of this, your gonna be drinking ALOT more once we're done talking." Placing the flask back into his jacket, he pulled out another thing. A knife that had a horse head carved into both sides of it's blade. Taking his glasses off, Horseman took his sunglasses off and asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice as he played with the knife in his hands "You don't care if I get out of this glamour form do you? Good."

Dar is quite confused at the reaction he had received from Lucinda. Dar, completely confused at this point, then turned into a rational statement.
"I am sorry, but you did not answer any of my questions, and sucking up to me only makes it worst. Trust me, i hate that type of shit." His tone was rather sharp and to the point. As beautiful as she was, she did not know him and did not know him, and he did NOT like what she did. Even more surprising is that that bearded man came back and took Barry away, Barry turning back to Lucinda finally speaking. "Hey Lucinda, I'm gonna stop by your shop later if that's alright."
And just like that, Barry left.
"Wait...you own a SHOP? I want to see this shop, I love to see a good manager blossom into a full fledged king! The process truly is..." He paused for a second, while putting his left hand on her shoulder and his right hand in the air, painting a picture.
"Magnificent! So, when can I see this shop? I am waiting..."

As soon as Lucinda was being childish she was stopped by a voice she had heard from Barry who stood up and walked away."Hey Lucinda, I'm gonna stop by your shop later if thats alright." The male said over his shoulder loud enough for her to hear and she turns around--away from dar and smiled."Oh sure! Come and visit me any time to hang around!" Nodded the girl kindly. With that Barry, known as 'bearskin' pushed the door open and seemed to left hurriedly.

The girl with golden locks of hair could've sworn she caught a quick glimpse of Barry's hand that resembled more like a bear's clawed paw and she ponders about it momentarily. What was the hurry with him? Was he mad or was he unable to control his fable side? The girl stands there thinking with her thumb and finger wrapped around her chin but quickly saves that for later once horseman spoke back to her."You are deferentially my favorite too, Rella." He whistles loudly in amusement before closing the door behind her. She looked over her shoulder at the now closed door in amusement with a small smirk and shook her head letting out a deep sigh before responding back through the close door."If that is so then I will certainly hope you won't decapitate my own head from my curvy body you always seem to admire thinking I don't know." Retorts Rella in amusement letting out a chuckle before adding."And don't you dare harm that man horseman. Or I'll surely drop kick you faster before you and your horse can chase after me and my prized head." Warned Lucida surprisingly. She was half serious and soon walked away from the door only to hear banging from crane in panic momentarily before his stutters can be loudly heard. It wasn't long after before the girl had also heard few ruckus, perhaps him throwing things at horseman scared for his dear life while being a complete klutz all at once and Lucinda shakes her head.

Once she walks away dar finally decides to react to her kiss from before. He must've taken some time to think of how to be polite to the fair lady and he looked at her harshly."I am sorry, but you did not answer any of my questions, and sucking up to me only makes it worst. Trust me, i hate that type of shit." He said. But boy did something in his mind flipped the switch and made his eyes glint as he perks his head up processing what Barry had said. Did he act nice as hell once she find out that this dear princess had owned a shop.

"Wait...you own a SHOP? I want to see this shop, I love to see a good manager blossom into a full fledged king! The process truly is..." He pauses as if to add more effect and Lucinda stands there arms crossed as he walked closer to her and turned around with a sneer."Magnificent! So, when can I see this shop? I am waiting..." Finished the dragon. Lucinda slowly curved her red lips into a smile and had many bitter things to say. So based on her observations it was true, like the greedy fable he is he loved business and Lucinda looks down before looking bak up at him.

"Oh my my... Where to start my dear!" Cinderella said clapping her hands together deliberately showing him false happiness that was rather mocking. "Seems like someone needs to be outside more. My poor rich man. Shame on you for being an outcast--I've owned a lovely shop for years and a club, and no doubt I am surely much more powerful then you!" Laughed Lucinda. But she stops the mockery talk and saves it for next time and flips her hair back."I'm Cinderella. And you should learn respect for a chance rather then treat people like double standards between business and poverty." Lucinda was obviously mad at dar's personality and letting go a heavy sigh she looks down thinking momentarily before staring back up at him."I'm the one who hand makes the best footwear around from scratch. You can visit me anytime at fabletown. My buildings are ones that stick out more better then the others." Answered Lucinda. If Bigby was here he would surely cut Lucinda's mock-talk off but if he found out it was a different story. He's lecture her while being understanding -that wolf was always neutral- all at once and Lucinda stretched her arms up in the air. Dar was indeed the man she often tried to avoid and wanted to. She felt that it would be troublesome for her befriending him so she was rather truly wary of the male.

Duke was still walking along the street lost in thought when he spied Rienne, she had this mysterious "glimmer" in her eyes as she looked towards Alyss... Something about her gave him the chills, she looked pretty, yeah... But the way she had eyed Alyss as she was pulled along didn't exactly "sit well" with him to say the least... He'd keep the eye on that girl, it would at least keep the monster within him at bay... He had always despised looking at himself without his glamor, good thing he had enough money to keep himself glamored most of the time, even he couldn't bear to look at himself when his glamor's off... From years of practice he silently watched her, wondering if he should intervene... After all, he'd rather not be the one to stand by while another "incident" happens...

After Lucinda finished her conversation, Dar couldn't help but chuckle "Look, I can Tell if you do not want me here, it happens to me more than you think, please stop trying to insult me, it hurts, really, and i am so sorry I don't know every store in New York! And Yes, I know you are Cinderella, Just like I am that freaking dragon...look, now I am having a tiny tantrum." He sighed as he pulled out a cigar and began to smoke it. As he started to leave, he turned and said one last thing to Lucinda.
"You make shoes from scratch you say? I would like to buy a pair, I will meet you at the shop with Barry after you are done here, maybe then you will learn to tolerate rich bastards like me." He waved goodbye to Lucinda, and proceeded to walk into the shop.

As Lucinda listened she was surprised at how dar can be so honest and quickly straight forward. She went back and forth with him while speaking but he keeps her quiet momentarily so he can speak in turn.

"Look, I can Tell if you do not want me here, it happens to me more than you think, please stop trying to insult me, it hurts, really, and i am so sorry I don't know every store in New York!"
"Oh really? Never knew you can feel such things."
"And Yes, I know you are Cinderella, Just like I am that freaking dragon...look, now I am having a tiny tantrum."

Now that kept Lucinda shut a tad but longer. So he had the patience with her and held in his true strength and temper. Lucinda slides his hands off of her shoulder and tilted her head back with arms crossed listening to him. The fact she was really giving him a chance and actually listening nearly killed herself."You make shoes from scratch you say? I would like to buy a pair, I will meet you at the shop with Barry after you are done here, maybe then you will learn to tolerate rich bastards like me." Of all things why did he have to be the admitting type. Lucinda covers her face with both hands obviously shocked by this impression if it was false or not and soon gently placed a hand on his shoulder."You have no idea how much this is killing me." She said."You can come today or tomorrow morning.. Although it pretty much is early in the morning now. So maybe later when Bigby comes back. Set an arrangement with me and I'll make what you want." She responded letting out a deep sigh and sat back down quietly before he waved her goodbye and left elsewhere.

Horseman sighed as Crane scream'd "SOME-SOMEBODY HELP! OH MERCY ON MY SOUL! BIGBY HELP!" Sighing as Crane threw pencils at were his head should've been, his voice came from no were and it sounded twice as devilish as before "Calm down Crane, if I came to kill you, you'd be dead right now. Or maybe not. Who knows, but an oversized puppy wouldn't help you either way!" Crane continued to scream, and growing tired of his childish yells and rants, Horseman shut him up. In the blink of an eye, Horseman punched Crane in the mouth, and grabbed his throat making him come closer to Horseman's missing head and it cased a lamp to be knocked off his desk and shatter on the floor, causing a loud sound. His sharp knife was pressed against Crane's cheek and a small amount of blood ran on the blade and down Crane's face. Horseman hissed out "Shut the FUCK up Ichabuddy."

K. C. Pelt
(Cheshire Cat)
K. C. yawned and stretched once she got out of the office and had that big ass dog off her face. Before she walked away, she heard tiny footsteps behind her and she smirked. "So you decided to let him sell that shit to others as well?" Turning around to face Maisie, she grinned. I swear they're dumber and dumber every time and trust me, many times I have been there." K. C. Stopped there. She knew very well what happened between the sweet Maisie and that over sized fleabag. She never understood one thing; What the HELL was she thinking? She could have had any guy she wanted and yet she was stubborn about caring for Bigby even thought it destroyed her. Now she worried the same thing might happen to Lucinda. Yes, she was a big girl and hid it quite well...but nothing goes by the eye of Cheshire and go on unnoticed. It might have been just a one night stand at first...then it happened few nights in the row maybe and maybe...it may end up with a broken heart. But one way or another, it was none of her concern. She had her own demons to fight. Demons that none of them knew about. And she was going to make sure it stays that way.

"Hey, you." She spoke to Maisie gently and with some kind of sisterly care in her usually commanding and mischievous voice. "You ok? Hope they didn't hurt you in that fight, girl." Another bloody thing Bigby failed to ask her. It was an ass thing to do in K. C.'s opinion. She honestly missed the times when he was just a normal fable, minding his on business, not giving a shit. He was pretty awesome back then. No matter the fact that he was a dog on steroids. And then all that crap with blending in with others fell on them all. But still, K. C. refused to do that on her own way. Even if it meant only being able to misbehave. She checked the scratch on her cheek. It still burned a little. Son of a bitch got her pretty well before she was dragged away. She remembered. "Hey, Maisie? Would you like to hang out at my place tonight? I mean, it is way too empty for one person." She chuckled and nudged Maisie's shoulder. "Come on, it will be fun."

Last edited:
Alyss

The girl stopped when she heard the voice of Cinderella. She seemed busy. Alice turned around and gave her friend a sheepish smile. "She's busy? I know, I know. Flynn can't be going around doing this.." she paused. "We could go find him, but I would say Sheriff Wolfie wouldn't like us snooping around. He doesn't have to know." she suddenly grinned. Alyss was curious on why he was doing this to Rapunzel. Her adventurous side showed. She was also wanting to get away from Riene. She hated the Queen, but sometimes she often wondered even though of their past ways, why the Queen found interest in Alice. The question puzzled her quite often.

Alyss looked into the eyes of her friend, her own pale blue ones were bright with excitement. Her blonde curls fell down her shoulders. While waiting for Chrystal's response, Alyss crossed her arms and glanced to where they'd come. Had she seen Henri earlier? Well if she did, he would be running to her any moment now. They were roommates, friends, just that. Not friends with 'benefits'.. just friends. She often found it hard to be his friend when he told lies where ever and whenever. That was the reason why others didn't like him.
-----

Henri

Henri walked into the building and looked around. His green eyes landed on Andrei. Wolf. Great. He absolutely hated wolves, but he didn't want to be blunt about it. Henri walked over to one of the ladies who were working and asked.
"Why is everyone here?" He already knew but it wouldn't hurt to ask again. When the lady told him, he smiled. "I was in a fight once. Came out with two black eyes and a bloody nose. It was a gruesome fight, it was." the lie had came from his mouth before he could stop it. The lady just shook her head and shooed him away.

Maisie's pace slowed as she approached the fable known as the Cheshire Cat. Maisie's small delicate hands pulling up her scarlet red hoodie before finding themselves slipping to the pockets of said garment. She moved her head fluidly, her slightly sweaty matted grey-brown bangs moving out of the way of her ruby irises. She perked up as the cat addressed her, picking up her pace once again so that she would now walk aside the enigmatic fable. "Heh. I've been there only once in the past year and it's already been to damn much." Maisie spoke, trying to sound cheerful. There was definitely another meaning to her words, though even she did not know it for it was simply her subconscious speaking. The petite woman let out a tired sigh as she looked forward - the moon was half-lit, the girl wondered if that damned wolf would have done more if it was full.

"I'm fine - that one mundy probably won't be able to have kids after all." Maisie spoke once again attempting at a cheerfulness. Red Riding Hood thought back to her bike, the one possession that she brought from the Homelands that really mattered to her was bent and trashed in the back alleyway of the Trip Trap Bar. Maisie glared at the thought. Her own bike, fucked up by some drunken mundy. The girl didn't regret kicking that man, nor does she regret using the other man's face as a ball and a bottle as a bat. They fucking deserved it and that Sheriff hardly gave a damn. Maybe he was really over her. Maybe now Red Riding Hood could start to resurface - after all she had disappeared from radar to simply avoid the man in hopes that he would not try and find her and take her back.

So when the Cheshire Cat offered to stay at her house, Maisie offered a smile.

"Sure beats the darn shelter." The small framed girl smiled.

Bigby turned away from the doorway, walking back over to Kin. He sighed, rubbing his temples before pulling out a cigarette and his lighter. The sheriff of fabletown, lit it and put it to his lips - savoring as he slowly blew out a steady stream of smoke. He gestured towards the slightly roughed up fable with his cig hand, sighing once again.

"How the hell did you get acquainted with Maisie anyhow?" Bigby asked simply out of pure curiosity, he was slightly bitter knowing that his once significant other did keep tabs on a certain fables during her "disappearance." But at the same time he was grateful to whatever force that allowed him to see her again, even if she was still so very angry with him. Knowing that she hadn't completely left Fabletown, surprisingly comforted the gruff werewolf. He did not know how many nights he spent in his bed concerned about the girl, even if Lucinda was occasionally right next to him.

Then the guilt hit the wolf slightly. Was he leading on the perfect woman? There were many times the two of them met in moonlight to simply release the stress of a fable's life together..but had he truly forgotten about his first wife during such acts? The more he thought the more his mind ached.

"Either way..where does Maisie stay nowadays?" He then asked to simply get such guilt-raking thoughts out of his mind if only for few temporary moments.

Kin crinkled his nose against the smell of cigarette as Bigby lit up in front of him, waving the smoke out of his face. He wasn't partial to pipe smoke, and these mundy-sticks were simply foul. They stank of poison. Still, his infuriating smile didn't slip, hoping to hide just how bothered he was by the smoke, keeping silent to the man's first question. His past with Red Riding Hood wasn't really any of his business. However, his second began to spark a devious little plan in the king's head. His lips pulled wider, stepping past the wolf.

"I can do one better. If you drive, I can direct you to her hang out space."

He didn't wait for the sheriff to follow him, heading out to the street. The quicker he could do this, the less likely he was to get any sort of consequence for it.

K. C. Pelt
(Cheshire Cat)
"Heh. I've been there only once in the past year and it's already been to damn much.", said Maisie and K. C. chuckled. "Aye, aye, you are our local goody-two-shoes that happens to kick some serious ass. Who would ever thought little Maisie was capable of that!" She laughed loudly and sincerely, tapping Masie's back in an approving manner. "I'm fine - that one mundy probably won't be able to have kids after all." That made K. C. laugh again and to pull Maisie in a friendly hug, messing up her hair. "Good thinking, we don't need more of those running around. I must admit I was surprised by your way of showing them who's the boss. You have my respect, little lady. You ain't no victim. I like that. Woman should always know her way out without the man." Yes, just as she did. It was a bit over a year now since she last saw her booty call*. Quite literally. Leo Bugiardini, was a fine looking puss indeed. Even in his glamour form he had his charm. And yes, he never gave up on smuggling things and cheating people for easy money, and his gambling skills were quite impressive, but that was the reason K. C. shamelessly and hopelessly fell in love with him when she shouldn't have.

But as much as he cheated for money, he cheated for love as well. It wasn't something that K. C. was surprised about. She was only disappointed that she failed in proving that she was the one that loved him for real. He just fell victim to glamour as many other fables did. Indeed, she got the apartment as an apology, but it was never enough for her to just forget about everything, and being alone there, made it worse even now after so much time. She never heard of him since. As far as she knew, he might as well be long dead by now. She shook those thoughts out of her mind.
"Sure beats the darn shelter." Although K. C. was thrilled to hear that, she didn't show it, but just chuckled. "Awesome, I have a lot of booze and food there so I hope you dig in deep. Look at you, you look like a skeleton." She thought for a second, feeling bad for not proposing such thing before. She thought Maisie was doing fine, but who the hell does fine and lives in a shelter? They almost got to the building before K. C. even noticed it. She cleared her throat speaking calmly and in a serious, non pleading way. "Maisie? Uh, look. I know I was probably a jerk towards you while you were with Bigby and, to be honest, I had no idea what was going on with you after you separated." She stretched and put her arms casually behind her head, looking forward. "Now I know I should have though of this sooner but... I wanted to say that you can stay at my place instead in the shelter. I mean I only use like a half of my apartment." She chuckled reassuringly. "You can stay as long as you want. You're cool, I like your style, sister." She nodded as they stopped in front of the building. "Yep, this is it."

The apartment was decent. Considering what kind of mischievous and deviant little bastard K. C. was, it was pretty clean and suitable for living. Maybe it was not a coincidence that cats usually made a mess everywhere but in their crib. It was the apartment in the part of the city that was neither luxurious, nor shitty to live in. It had two bed rooms, decent sized living room, two bathrooms, kitchen, and the spare working room that she always kept locked. She didn't need it. What happened between her and that room was long time over, and she wanted to make sure it stays that way. At that point she even forgot where she had put the damn key. It was somewhere in the apartment, but she had no will nor patience to look for it. "Make yourself at home, sister. Fell free to demand oh Queen of Ass Kicks" She teased Maisie, bowing down and grinning with somewhat loony grin that revealed the real Cheshire just for the moment. Soon after, she straightened up and chuckled. "Such an honour to have a guest."

*Booty call was a fable pun intended, referring to a male fable Puss in Boots

Last edited:
  • Hit Me in My FEELS
Reactions: Nemopedia
Bigby Wolf, eyed the trickster of a fable as he passed by him taking in the advantage of walking behind him in a slightly slower pace. Bigby was unsure as to what this man did during their time in the homelands so that made the Sheriff all the more cautious and careful. Fables change a lot when they come to the mundy world, true. But it's their experiences at home that direct them to make those changes and turn into a distorted versions of themselves. I mean look at him, for example. In the Homelands he was the bad guy, eating little girl's grandma (He almost growled at the thought) fucking up the Woodsman, and now he was the sheriff keeping everybody else from fucking around. He wondered how his life would've been if he hadn't taken the job as he followed Kin.

Maisie offered a genuine smile as she came into the apartment. As strong as she was, Red Riding Hood could feel her body's joints ache and cry with each move. She was drop dead tired - she was planning on trying to sleep over at the Trip Trap Bar as she was getting tired of the shelter when those fuckers came after all. Maisie took down her red hoodie and zipped it open. Her eyes wandered across the apartment of the infamous and rather interesting Cheshire Cat. It's been a long time since she actually felt a heater. "I'll just take a shower, maybe drink a beer and go to sleep if you don't mind - I've had enough with fucking tonight." Maisie spoke in a bittersweet tone - she offered an unmotivated laugh before finding her way to the bathroom.

She slipped off her clothes, leaving them neatly folded on the counter, before turning on the water as warm as it could possibly damn be. She stepped inside letting the soothing stream of water clean away the grime of living in a shelter for the past weeks - Maisie could feel her body relax and loosen a bit and now she was as grateful as ever to KC. Maisie missed living in an actual home. When her bath was done she tied her unruly brown-grey hair into a messy pony tail before picking up her pile of clothes when all the sudden a small yellow trinket fell from one of the unattended pockets of her hoodie.

"Fuck!" Maisie cursed more or less shouting in a whispering voice. She didn't want to disturb KC. Maisie dropped to her knees snatching the ring up before examining it in the palm of her hand. It was her wedding ring - it was made of gold and had a heart shaped ruby on it's center. She sighed at the thought; Bigby had spent so much on it. Maisie simply slipped it back into the pocket of her hoodie after changing into a new change of clothes. She left the bathroom and smiled at KC before entering the guest bedroom.

She didn't even turn on the lights - she collapsed on the bed.

She was tired, fuck tonight.

As Lucinda's friends left the building she proceeded to write a note effort leaving the waiting room. Her swirly hand writing was found unique -as it was the 'Disney font'- and she yawns covering her mouth. The only known two was crane and horseman but she trusted horseman enough to be left alone. Even he obeyed her in some way. With a sigh the girl casually walked over to cranes door, knocking loudly before walking in and shut the door behind her--only to see a terrified crane now clinging around her waist terrifyingly. Lucinda looked down at him.

"Idiot crane. No way in hell will I help you."

She scoffs roughly pushing him away and he falls back wide eyes as he gazes up at her. Soon Lucinda found duct tape to her right an she grabs it before walking away, letting out a small chuckle as she shuts the door closed behind her. With the tape in her hands Lucinda bit off two pieces of it and taped her note on the door. Duct tape was surely a fine choices incase crane would try and rip it off and once finished, Lucinda yelled for horseman to hear."I'm going out now horseman! Feel free to visit and tell me what happened while I was gone!" Her voice sounding polite and almost like she was singing. It was natural for her voice to just sing slightly in some way and Lucinda leaves--her heels quiet as ever. While the note read:

"LEFT AT [insert time here]. ALL REPORTS COME BACK IN THE AFTERNOON!"

But there was a hidden note under it that only Bigby would sense somehow. Beneath this note was another meant for him reading:

"STAYED AS LONG AS I CAN. WENT BACK TO THE SHOP. COME VISIT SOMETIME?"

Come visit sometime.. That can mean anything to Bigby but it was whatever floated his boat.

---
Lucinda found herself roaming fabletown. She heard chitter chatter here and there from both mundies and fables about the 'big bar fight at trip trap' and how a sheriff broke it all up one handedly and stopped infront of her glass slipper shop. Taking out her keychain there was four keys. A crown, a wolf, a lion, and of course the classic cinderella key that manage to open any door. She chose the wolf key to open her glass slipper shop and walked in to open up all her sheer white curtains before opening her shop and walking behind her counter slumping in he seat. She felt exhausted for the first time.

Around the bottom of the counter were carvings of animals like birds and mices and squirrels and whatnot. They were in hats or gowns or clothing in some type of way and the noticeable creature found at the end was a wolf. Who had some small critters on him and around him. That was Bigby and represented how when he first heard of Lucinda he broke the ultimate fable rule which was visiting another tale so often. But now that fables were all collided he took it as an advantage aswell. He was certainly an interesting fable and full of surprises. Over the frame at the center of the white concrete counter on the side was two pairs of heels with a fancy picture frame design carved around it and a ripping over it at the bottom held by two birds saying,"THE GLASS SLIPPER SHOP" in disney writing font. Indeed did Lucinda pay a whole lot to this shop--one would say she was absolutely devoted while her white smooth shelves were filled with shoes on the left side of the shop going way down to the back. It lead to a hallway revealing that the store was much deeper than it seems. Her marble floors seemed white but were tainted with a very light tones pinkish color and the lines between them were thin and shining gold. The vibe was simple and welcoming.

But as Lucinda rested her arms over her counter and her chin over her forearms slightly tilted to one side she focused on staying awake. She couldn't sleep now ; once you opened a shop there was no turning back! Especially if it was popular and well known! But cinderella lets out a long sigh, as her pet dog--A bullmastiff named 'Bruno' and a gentle giant despite his intimidating guarding appearance. Bruno welcomed Lucinda as he went through the door of the counters and rested himself around Lucinda's ankles in silence. He was a good boy and loved cats--every cat except the evil ones like lucifer. Despite kids thinking Bruno hated all cats, it was only lucifer specifically but he dealt with it and so did Lucinda who soon fell asleep slightly right after Bruno snuggled up against her heels under the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.