2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
In a land where magic exists and is the most powerful power of all, sought by the fair hearted and twisted souls alike, there live four covens;

The Brier Coven: A strong group of witches who rely on their strength and perseverance more than their magic. Their members have served the local royalty time and time again, fighting in the army and even rising to the rank of army general. They are known for their fierce loyalty and their bountiful strength.

The Rooted Coven: A coven who have lived in the land for decades. They know every spell that there is to know about nature. They can manipulate the soil and tell the crops when and how to grow. They favor the farmers and shepherds, lending their assistance whenever they can.

The Coven of Rushing Streams: A coven consisting purely of women who use their power over water, to keep the land and its inhabitants healthy and strong. Of all the people of the land, they favor women and children the most, offering them aid before offering their services to another.

The Coven of the Hidden Hollow: They reside in a hollow of trees, a place that they never leave and no one ever dares to enter. They have lived in the land even longer than the Rooted Coven. Before the other covens arrived they kept everything in balance, allying themselves with no one. And unlike the other covens this group of witches is not made up entirely of descendants from the original bloodline. No, they accept any person who has potential or wishes to learn their ways. As long as they have good intentions and are pure of heart, they will have a place with in the Hidden Hollow.

Although the Hidden Hollow witches harm no one and cause no conflicts, the King of the land feels threatened by them. He had time and time again demanded for them to give their allegiance to someone, preferrably him. But there was never an answer from the witches.

So finally, the King called a meeting of all the covens, all except the Hidden Hollow coven of course. He told them that the Hidden were a threat. That they had so much power they could attack at any moment and destroy them. And why where they needed in the land anyway? The other three witches controlled nature just as well as they!

The other covens agreed. Why should they respect a group of witches who were partially composed of un-pure blood? A group of witches who kept themselves hidden from view?

So they ran the Hidden Hollow Witches out, invading their home and destroying it. The Hidden Hollow Coven had no choice but to flee the land.

Disclaimed: Kind of based off of Warrior Cats. :3

So this rp is basically about the Coven trying to find a new home. :3 I need a few people, not many because honestly it's not that big of a group. ^_^

So! Rules, rules, rules. There must be rules no?

1. No horribly depressing back stories; Like the MC killed their entire family, or there entire family was killed and the murder didn't get to them or---Blah blah, you get what I mean?
2. No Debbie Downers, because honestly? It's impossible to rp with someone like that.
3. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus.
4. Males and Females are allowed; And in this realm all magic users are called Witches. No Warlocks, or sorcerers.
5. Humans. Humans only. No elves, or werewolves or faeries etc. Just magic using humans.
6. Only one or two people can be royalty but remember that they would be the children of the King, not from two different kingdoms.
7. About the abilities; As the GM I reserve the right to tell you to tone it down.

Magical Abilities (You can suggest others but that doesn't mean I'll accept them)
Elemental manipulation/mimicry: Controlling elements, transforming a part of the body into an element.
Animal manipulation/speech/form: Influencing animals, talking to animals or shape shifting into an animal.
Weather manipulation (self explanatory)
Healing (self explanatory)
Blessing: Endowing people or animals with good fortune or positive traits.
Clairvoyance: (Only the leader can do this) Seeing the future.
Spectral Speech: Being able to talk to the dead. A dangerous skill and can lead to the path of necromancy which is considered evil in the eyes of the Hidden Hollow Coven.

Character sheet:
Name:
Personality:
Abilities:
Appearance (image or description):
Reason for joining/being apart of the Hidden Hollow:
Bio:

Last edited:
I'm interested :) is there a character sheet or do we make our own?

I'm interested :) is there a character sheet or do we make our own?
Oh blah, for some reason keep forgetting the character sheets! xD

Okay its there now!

Name: Moira Glen
Personality: Calm and caring, she tends to mother the younger members of the coven.
Abilities: Healing and Blessing.
Appearance (image or description): Moira is a lanky woman who stands at 5'8, with short light brown hair with beaded ornaments and various ribbons entwined within the locks. She has light brown skin, and wears multiple necklaces and bracelets that she's collected over time.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/035/1/9/The_Shaman__s_Lady_by_Radthorne.jpg
(just a reference; not my art)
Reason for joining/being apart of the Hidden Hollow: She had heard legends of the Hidden Hollow Coven and went in search of them, hoping to learn how to heal people. She succeeded and became a very strong healer and bless woman, but decided to stay with them instead of returning to her village.

Bio: Moira lived in a village by the sea, a large village with many happy people, and not many enemies save for the wolves and birds of prey. She was 19 at the time and was about to wed the man that her parents had chosen for her. Despite having her lifelong partner picked out for her, she didn't mind. She loved the man that she was going to marry. He was strong, brave and caring of everyone. She married him, at dawn the next day, next to the sea and surrounded by her happy village.

She gave birth to his children a year after that, but unfortunately disaster struck the happy village then. A sickness fell upon them and began taking their elders, wise women, warriors...And the children. Moira's two sons were the first to go, and many others were taken after that. Finally the sickness seemed to grow bored of the village and moved on, but by then, the village was less than half of what it had been.

Only Moira, her mother and twenty three other villagers remained. They rebuilt the village and intermingled with various travelers who visited their area, and soon the village was whole once again. But Moira was not. She couldn't forget how her sons had died right before her eyes and she could do nothing to aid them. Remembering the tales of magical women, that her grandparents had once told her, Moira decided to go in search of them, hoping to learn how to heal and save people.

However when she came to the Hidden Hollow witches and learned the skill, she found that it would be much easier to simply bless her village, then heal them constantly. So she did, but then returned to the coven, as she couldn't bear to live in the place where her husband and children had died.

Name: Daciana
Personality:
Head strong and competitive. She hates when people tell her what to do and challenges nearly everyone except for her mother.
Abilities: Elemental manipulation and Animal Speech. She's currently training to master Animal form.
0d3d45ff3332f3c74e1765c3a7ba1a011.jpg

(not my art either)
She was born into it as her mother had been pregnant with her when she first came to join them.
Bio: Daciana was born to the leader of the Hidden Hollow Coven, and grew up surrounded by witches. She has never longed for anything or anyone else.

Name:
She looks about thirty but who knows how old she really is?
Personality: She is brave and wise, and never seems to allow anything to faze her. To some people she may come off as stern, but she just wants to make sure she can looks out for everyone.
Abilities: Clairvoyance and Weather manipulation.
Reason for joining/being apart of the Hidden Hollow: She was born into the Hidden Hollow and inherited leadership from her mother.
Bio: She never had an easy life. Like her mother, she was born with the gift of clairvoyance and saw many possible futures but not the way to go about achieving them. One future that she saw depicted her, as a queen next to a king and aiding him with her magic. She informed her mother of this, and her mother told her that it was a bad idea to affiliate herself with any ruler, but Anna refused to listen to her. One day she had a fight with her mother and left the coven, in favor of going to live in the kingdom. She didn't understand why the coven was unaffiliated with no party, and decided to work her way up in rank and stand at the King's side.
But she never ended up in the kingdom. After the first month of her journey Anna encountered a group of bandits and rogues and fell in love with the bandit king, at first sight. The bandit fell in love with her too, and invited her to become his queen. Anna accepted and soon she was by his side, guiding him with her visions and her other magic, but all good things always had to come to an end.
Anna and the bandit king, lay together one night and three months later she found herself with child. The bandits and their kind were thrilled, and they celebrated. Little did they know, they were being watched by the royal King's knights, and in the middle of the celebration the knights attacked destroying all of the bandits except Anna. They were poised to kill her, but a sudden fog blocked their sight, and Anna was whisked away by her mother who had been watching her through visions.
(to be continued)

Last edited:
Character sheet
Name: Sileo
Personality: Timid yet friendly. Loyal.
Abilities: Mimicry- He has no main element but he can transform into whatever element he pleases but only for a short period of time.
images

"It is my home and you are my family now"
Bio: Sileo woke up in a forest to find out he has no memory of his past other than his name is Sileo. He was found by some of the witches of the Hidden Hollow and took him in. Since he can't speak, he communicates with his other groupmates through writing.

When they tried training him to do magic, they found out he's very fluent in mimicry. He became close with the other members of the coven.

Now that the Hidden Hollow coven was forced to flee their land, Sileo joined the coven. When they asked him why now, he scribbled in a piece of paper "It is my home and you are my family now"

Sorry it took me too long xD got busy in stuff xD

Last edited by a moderator:
@sleepinghat

I'm sorry, could you be more specific about his magical ability? What type of mimicry?

Name: Kaya Uchiha
Personality: Very loyal, honest, out-spoken, friendly, resourceful, kind
Abilities: Mimicry - Her main element is light but she can 'transform' into the other elements, Animal speech/form - Her animal form is a white wolf (similar to the one in the pic, hints of black in the fur plus her eye marking), minor Healing & Blessing of animals
Anime-Girl.jpg

To heighten her abilities and truly become one with animals of all species
Bio:

Ever since she was a little girl, Kaya always loved animals. She would explore the forest near her home, playing and interacting with the animals. She started reading about all different species and even how to heal and bless them. When she was 10 she lost her parents to an animal attack and has lived on her own in the wild since then. She wanted to follow her mother's footsteps and become a witch of the animals (if that makes sense) just like her.

She read about the coven and traveled there with her pet wolf- Hikari. She hopes that the coven will help her heighten her abilities so she can truly become one with animals of all species. To help her keep her mother's memory alive through her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Isabelle
Personality: She's sweet and kind and would never hurt a fly. Even with her magic. Though if you upset her then she might hold a grudge for a while or start a fight.
Abilities: Elemental Manipulation and Animal Form
th

Reason for joining/being apart of the Hidden Hollow: The King has tricked her like all the others in her coven. She is just doing what she thinks is right by staying away from any witches that are unpure.
Bio: Her parents were part of The Rooted Coven, and so were her grandparents and her grandparents before that and so on. She has learned the same type of magic her family wanted her to learn, Elemental Manipulation, then she was free to learn anything else. She not allowed around anyone that is unpure or part of the Hidden Hollows Coven.

I think I'm interested in this. I have a question though, is Spectral Speech include talking to spirits and/or summoning them/their will? Because if I were to join this RP, I have a character in mind and her powers are based off of calling upon the spirits.

@Becky Horan
Okay so, just a few concerns;
- This character is not going to turn out to be some kind of Naruto character right?
- You're going to have to tone down the powers. Healing is a strong magical ability. As is elemental manipulation and Animal speech/form/manipulation. Your character can't be all powerful.

@Terezi Pyrope
This roleplay is about the witches of the Hidden Hollow traveling and finding a new home. I don't mean to be rude, but I fail to see how your character would fit in.
And the Hidden Hollow witches weren't driven out because they were unpure, they were driven out because the King tricked the other covens into thinking they were a threat.

@catalyst
For spectral speech, the character can call spirits and summon them, but that power is considered evil, as it can lead to necromancy. So if the other members knew about the summoning of spirits, they wouldn't exactly praise you. xD

Hm, alright. I'll think about it. [:

I fixed my char and definitely not. I don't get why you would think so since she's nothing like a ninja..... it's just a name -_-

I fixed my char and definitely not. I don't get why you would think so since she's nothing like a ninja..... it's just a name -_-

Because I have had to deal with people who 'subtly' try to sneak in little characteristics (or large ones) that strictly belonged to their namesakes.

Okay maybe I should have been more specific; the elemental mimicry, the animal speech and form and the healing and blessings is too much. Not even the leader of the coven has all of that. Please remove one of them.

ugh... fine.

Name: Kaya Uchiha
Personality: Very loyal, honest, out-spoken, friendly, resourceful, kind
Abilities: Mimicry - Her main element is light but she can 'transform' into the other elements, Animal speech/form - Her animal form is a white wolf (similar to the one in the pic, hints of black in the fur plus her eye marking), Healing of animals
Anime-Girl.jpg
To heighten her abilities and truly become one with animals of all species
Bio:

Ever since she was a little girl, Kaya always loved animals. She would explore the forest near her home, playing and interacting with the animals. She started reading about all different species and even how to heal and bless them. When she was 10 she lost her parents to an animal attack and has lived on her own in the wild since then. She wanted to follow her mother's footsteps and become a witch of the animals (if that makes sense) just like her.

She read about the coven and traveled there with her pet wolf- Hikari. She hopes that the coven will help her heighten her abilities so she can truly become one with animals of all species. To help her keep her mother's memory alive through her.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster