The Witches Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lillian had no particular desire to go off on an exploration adventure with a bunch of people she'd only just met. However as she had nothing better to do, she decided to go along with it. A barrier? That's interesting. Did you get any clues as to what it was sealing off? An atrium perhaps? She asked hopefully. Lillian was devastated to have been parted from her flowers. If such a place did indeed exist within this magical prison, perhaps it wouldn't be so horrible. He's quite a lot more attractive than a monkey, don't you think? She tacked on at the end, if only to see the Saph's reaction.

Letting out a light chuckle at the implied suggestion in his words whether it was intended or not, she shot Vlad a smirk as she brushed past him.

"As you wish." She murmured softly to him as she took the lead and headed down the corridor leading towards the staircase indicated by the Saph.

The sounds of guttural snarls and the occasional strangled word reached their ears not soon after entering the long corridor. Oh so it's already begun. An amused smile lit her features as she headed towards the sounds. Things were finally beginning to get interesting.

Two wendigos came into view, grappling and clawing at each other. Black blood and spittle flew from their mouths as they growled threats, each trying to claim the small carcass lying a few feet away in a puddle of blood. The poor creature had either been unlucky enough of weak enough to fall prey to them. Wendigos were mindless killers drive by their insatiable hunger, they were entirely without conscience.

In imprisoning these monsters the witch had done something right. They were a threat to the humans. But in order to protect the humans, she had imprisoned them and no doubt other such monsters along with countless non-humans, many of whom wouldn't be able to fend off the hordes. Lillian wondered who the true monster was, subjecting them to such a fate.

"Really now. Look at this awful mess you've made. And right in the middle of the corridor too. That was rather thoughtless of you, don't you think?" Her voice startled the wendigos and they snapped their heads around to stare. Low growls escaped from their lipless mouths as they inched forward, trying to decide if she was predator or prey. Letting her arms hand loosely at her sides she rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. "Come on. I haven't got all day."

As if on cue, they charged towards her. Wendigos were surprisingly fast and deceptively strong for their emaciated appearance. Their sharp claws and teeth could rip their victim to shreds within seconds. All in all, not a pretty way to die.

Long, wickedly curved blades sprouted from her wrists even as she dodged, swinging her left arm forwards in a fluid motion. A dull thump sounded as the first wendigo dropped to the ground behind her, its head rolling to a stop a few feet away. The second one flew past with a new gash running across its eyes rendering it almost blind, its screams echoing throughout the corridor.

Without so much as a backwards glance Lillian strode forward, flicking blood from her blades even as they retracted back into her wrists. Her companions could take care of the remaining one. It was considered rude not to share kills in some parts of the world, she assumed.

Reactions: 2 people
Elias followed after the group silently, sticking to shadows and dark spots wherever possible to minimize its exposure to the light. It came to a complete stop at the sign of hostile creatures, however. Selene weren't built for combat with other supernatural beings, instead having their bodies attuned to silently killing humans for later consumption. In that sense, they weren't that different from those they hunted.

The girls small smile at him made his face hot again and she brushed passed and headed down the corridor. "What the hell is wrong with me?" He asked himself and continued on after her. Something hit his nose than, something he knew. Death. They heard what sounded like two dogs arguing over meat and he saw, Two large creature entered the corridor in front of them.

Vlad raised an eyebrow. This girl was insane. The creature's that they had come across were something he had never seen before in his life. and when they had ran at her with such speed and ferociousness he couldn't help but jump. The girl had taken one creature down with such grace, that he couldn't help but stare. He sniffed, trying to understand the smell he was getting. The creature she had missed, or thought at least she had, screamed like a hurt dog.

It soon got its bearings back, looking straight at him.

"Stop creature," he put out his hand as if to stop an assailant back in his world, " Their is no need for more death."

The creature cocked its head to the side, and snorted as if to laugh. It turned back toward Lillian, snarling. " Stop!" he said again but louder. The creature looked at him, and he swore that it smiled. Charging at him with all of its might, Vlad could only do one thing. He jumped against the wall, doing a flip over the creature. The thing hit the wall and crumpled into a heap. Shaking its head once more, it sighted its target and charged again its teeth bearing. Vlad pulled his pistol, jumping into the hair he connected the muzzle of the pistol on top of the creatures head pulling the trigger. The shot rang out, entering the creatures head and pushing it into the, once nice, floor leaving a trail as it slowed to a stop. Breathing hard he walked over to the body. " Im sorry Friend, I warned you." he said quietly holstering his pistol.

"How many more of these are we going to encounter?" he asked the girl, her stride showing that of maturity. " And how old are you anyway?"

He looked into the darkness, again the creature stood there like a statue. "Didn't think you would help any," he said its way.

Vlad could sense that this woman, was not as she appeared. sniffing again the air he caught her scent. Flowers...

Safina finally shot up out of her sleep with a hiss. Her eyes were a deep red and her fangs and claws had been drawn out. Quickly she shot up to her feet and looked around trying to gather her thoughts on what had just happened. It wasn't long before she remembered the old witch and her cunning plan to get Safina here in the first place. Anger was ragging through her, she couldn't wait tell she got her hands on that witch, but for now she needed to simmer down. Figure out what her next move was. She glanced down to look at her outfit there was no blood on her or it. Though it truly wouldn't have mattered to her. She wore a short gypsy dress, that went above her knees. It was red with a gold chain going across her waist.

When she was back to her somewhat normal self she glanced around the large space she was in. An eyebrow of hers arched when she noticed there was more blood on the floor and it wasn't hers.

"Who else is here?" She thought to herself.

With a shrug of her head she headed up a grand set of stairs. There were many rooms with many names yet hers was hidden from her sight. She soon came across a large hallway full of the most elegant lights and candles and pictures. She was in complete awe as she walked down the hallway. Sure enough there at the end of the hallway was a large door, her name placed in the middle. She went to reach for the eyebrow when she heard voices and a lot of commotion. Sounded like fighting to her. With her instincts already on a high she took of to where the sound came from. Her room would just have to wait. She moved quick through the house eyes red and claws out though her teeth remained in their human state. Before she had time to shut her instincts off she ran into a group of people. Holding back a hiss deep within her throat, for she didn't want to cause any alarm if it wasn't required for.

When she reached them she gave them all a smile, her eyes dying back to their golden green color and her claws retracting.

"I apologize if the way I came in may have caused any alarm. I was headed for my room when I heard a loud commotion."

She looked down at the bloody scene and frowned.

"It didn't take long for someone to end up dead. I feel as though that's what the witch wants. She thinks that we're all going to kill each other off. I know some of this witch. She's an older one from many years ago. One of the first witches. She has great power and can give or lift any curse she puts on someone. It is said that all her spells can be broken, but only with time and by another witch. At least that's what I've heard about her... I'm sorry how rude of me. My name is Safina I come from a gypsy family. I'm called a Dirty Creole Vampire. Though I've never caused harm to any of the human race. Or anyone for that matter."

She spoke the truth. She had never harmed anyone, not unless it was called for. They had to really deserve her wrath. She felt as though she was a walking curse and didn't want to use her powers on anyone unless needed be. She glanced around wondering what their stories were and how all these other creatures had got here. She was sure they were dangerous in their own way, but she also felt as though they didn't just go around killing just anybody.

Though...

She could be wrong.

Lillian slowed her steps and looked back over her shoulder, raising her eyebrows in surprise as Vlad tried to reason with the creature. Never before had she seen such a startling and somewhat amusing sight. Wendigos were incapable of coherent thought. Trying to reason with a madman would yield better results. Had he never encountered one before? This led her to wonder about the blonde man's age and past.

A small, appreciative smile touched her lips as Vlad gracefully flipped over the charging creature, drew a gun and proceeded to blow its brains out before he landed back on the floor. He gets points for a near flawless execution, though the gun does detract from it. She thought with a small frown as the shot rang out, echoing throughout the corridor.

"I suggest we get a move on before more unsavory creatures are attracted to the scent of blood and death. In case it requires to be said, be on your guard, people. This isn't just a lovely walk through a flower garden." She called out to the rest of the group as Vlad fell into step with her.

"I honestly don't know. Let's just say it's safe to assume that there are more lurking about. Have you truly never even heard of a Wendigo?" She asked him, her tone curious.

"I'm old enough to know better. Where you come from, isn't it considered rude to ask a lady her age?" Lillian smirked at the young vampire.

Lillian stiffened and looked back, becoming aware of someone's approach. She eased her posture as her senses confirmed it as the unconscious woman in the hallway. Watching with a curious expression on her face, Lillian raised a single brow as the woman's feral red eyes and claws faded away to a more human visage.

She was exotically beautiful, her attire colorful and of gypsy origin. The woman introduced herself as Safina. Another human loving 'peaceful' supernatural? Lillian couldn't help a mental eye-roll at the thought.

"I'm Lillian." She offered Safina a smile before continuing her course up the staircase. "We're going to investigate a magical barrier and possibly blow ourselves to bits while trying to take it down. Should be loads of fun." She smirked over her shoulder at the girl. "Feel free to tag along."

Griffith jerked backwards slightly when he sees a light in front of him the moment he stepped out the kitchen's double doors.Moments later, the man lowered the arm that he'd equipped in front of him in that moment of confusion. There was a small sigh of relief, and Griffith pushed the rim of the lamp head that was adorning his head up, revealing the grey, timid eyes that belied his true nature. The eyes made out the shape of the flame that had not been there before.

"They're stalking me! The shadows know. Their join them in all the smiles." Griffith announced in the dim light, unheard by anyone else as he was the only living thing in the hallway. "But they only listen to her, though. Why would--" Griffith came to a pause considering the nature of this asylum unwanted. "Wait, wait. Lilith is here too? Oh this is gonna suck." he told himself, as the corpse-wraith began to jog through the hallways lit by flame, by whose workings he did not know, but dared not assume.

After an adorable little exchange of words between the monkey-rarka pair, their little team of misfits began an adventure through the castle. As they entered a corridor the group found two Wendigos, as Humora knew them as, fighting over their version of food. Humora almost slaughtered them, but as she saw the rarka assume a battle stance, she waited. Our curious Saph was curious as to what this interesting character of the party could do. After the rarka killed one of the creatures, Humora found herself impressed with her battle abilities. She noticed that after killing one, the rarka oh-so-politely left the other for someone else to kill. Again Humora was tempted, and again she waited as the monkey-one assumed his own stance. Once this ordeal was over, Humora thought Hm. Monkeys doing flips. It's like a human circus in here. Although, at least he can fight. I would have killed it more quickly, though... Broadcasting her thoughts to the rarka, she said, Are we done here? I'm eager to blow myself up on a magical barrier. Speaking of which, your fighting impresses me. Good job. Could you please watch your pet around that weapon? Boom-booms and flips usually don't mix.

A bookshelf in the library opens like a door. Rose walks out from the opening behind the bookshelf. Her arms folded behind her head, she proceeded to yawn and stretch. "They have horrible coffins in this place." Rose said as she turned around and pressed a button on the bookshelf. Wow so stuck here with a bunch of other beings. This will be a very interesting life from now on. The bookshelf closed once again hiding the entrance to the secret room. Rose begins to search through the books in the library.

Rose lost her memory of everything she once knew. She was eighteen when she was first turned. It has one thousand, seven hundred and eighty-two years since then. She has gone all over the world since then and is now stuck in this crazy house.

Status
Not open for further replies.