The Witches Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes that's why I didn't get along with her. That and the fact the being a siren, mom told me that when we love someone we only have eyes for them... I went away sophmore year during winter break and I fell in love with a guy... being stupid me he heard me sing and he fell in love with me because of my song and he followed it. Full moons for me sucks big time... so I lured him into the water and devoured him. It was just after I turned sixteen... I buried my feelings for you the best I could Matt." She sighed beaching herself. "We get possessive and angry when the person we lobe is wit someone else. So much so we don't think of anyone else much less wanna be in the same room as someone who rivals us. Siren's are notorious for not sleeping with anyone while the person we love is not with us... I haven't even lost my bloody virginity!" She clamped her hands over her mouth. She just kept running her mouth because Matt was the love of her life.

Matthew choked on the last part. "Wait, wait, wait....your saying because of me your ass hadn't had sex?" He asked her before standing to his feet. "What the fuck, Ash." Matthew ran his hand through his hair. Was she serious? Was she really that much in love with him? God that sucked. Matthew was so not the dating material, his longest relationship was maybe four months. "How have you not had sex, Jesus christ. That's blasphemous!" Matthew exclaimed. "You know how shitty this makes me feel? That all these years I've just been screwing every girl I meet while you just....oh god, I am being so insensitive right now." He stopped himself as he looked out into the water. For a moment he had forgotten Ashera was a mermaid. "Why didn't you tell me sooner...about both the whole love me thing and this." he said gesturing to Ashera's tail. Matthew was completely neglecting the fact that he was keeping a secret from her and still was. Did that make him a bad friend since he was bringing up his other half at the sharing circle? Maybe. But he wasn't thinking about that right now.

"What would you have done if I had told you sooner Matt?!" She said as she let all her anger go and she shifted back in her normal form with legs standing up. She was completely stark naked but rain wasn't touching her. "I have not had sex because of you yes but also because I am not a fan of one night stands. I don't believe in meaningless sex." She crossed her arms over her chest not caring about how much she was showing of her body. She sighed heavily heading to where her clothes were she picked them up and shock them all the water flying out of them. Ash had her back to Matt her silvery tattoos shimmering as the storm died down.

Matthew rolled his eyes. "Like it would have been a one night stand." Matthew said turning his back to her to give her some space. Sure Matthew may have slept with some, scratch that a lot of people before, but Ashera would have been different. He couldn't have just been an ass to her about that; however, he didn't really know what to do, he was a player and Ashera didn't like that. Truthfully he didn't know why, but he started to get really hungry. Without a word, Matthew vanished. He couldn't risk Ashera finding out, or him doing what he did to Kristen on Ashera.

Ash pulled on her clothes quickly as she could, but her sensitive hearing picked up him running away. She sighed and walked towards the direction he went off to. "You know being in love fucking sucks right?" She yelled really loudly. Her heart beat was repetitively calm considering everything that was currently happening. She just told her best friend that she was a freak and that she was in love with him. She punched a tree on her way out of the forest line cutting her knuckles in the process but her cuts healed relatively quickly. The blood that had escaped her was lingering on her knuckles.

The boom of Matthew's door swinging open echoed throughout his house. He needed blood, badly. Since the day he became this thing he hated it, always acting like an animal. The damp basment stairs crealed as he jogged down them, switching on a light the basement illuminated to reveal one solo freezer. He opened it. There were blood bags inside, all stolen from the blood bank. Ripping one open he began to feast on it. The bag soothed his cravings for now, but something wasn't right. He still wanted to know what Ashera tasted like, normally the thirst for her would go away, but not this time. He sighed and closed the freezer before going up stairs to shower.

Ash had followed his scent trail back to his house. She had stood in the door way. "Matty?" She called out into his house. The front door was wide open so she stepped through. A feeling of being watched raised her hairs. Her primal instinct of flight or fight was telling her to run, but her siren part was saying to find the person she needed. She walked further into his house hearing footsteps.

Having bathed himself clean, Matthew stood in a white towel within his closet. Ashera was a siren, had been for years now. Matthew chuckled. It was funny how both claimed to be each others best friend and that they could tell each other anything, yet neglect one major secret. Both weren't human. Struggling with any clue how to tell Ashera about himself, Matthew picked through the clothing rack looking for something to wear. Who said guys didn't bother planning an outfit? A basic dark grey shirt and a pair of dark wash jeans seemed good enough to lodge around the house in. There was absolutely no way he was leaving again. The storm was still going, but he figured not for long. As he pulled the cotton fabric over his head he picked up the sound of faint foot steps walking across the floor boards on the first level. Who could it have been? Maybe it was Ash, she was the only one to have the balls to just walk into Matthew's house, his own family wouldn't have just barged in seeing that no matter who it was he would still be mad at them. Zooming through his house, barefoot, Matthew entered the first floor entrance. He shut the door and looked over at her. "You know, breaking and entering isn't something you should do to me." He informed her. He didn't care if it was Ash, he had a scentless body in the basement, and he was still slightly hungry. Watching her closely, Matthew stepped into his living room and grumbled, "I don't like when people entering without permission." It could have seemed like Matthew had a distaste for her at this moment, but he was more worried about his privacy.

Last edited:
She gave a small laugh of amusement, "You know its not breaking and entering if the front door is wide open." She looked down at her hands still somewhat bloodied from punch a tree. "I forget I am not as strong as I think I am." She made a gesture with her hands waving the smell of her blood around the air without even realizing it. She could smell death in his house which honestly for her smelling it wasn't unusual for her. It almost always smelled like death but she never minded really. "You disappeared without a trace other than the way you smell and dear that is something that humans simply can not do." Her tone was bland like she was saying that is was raining out but it insinuated something about him.

A chuckle filled the air before long, Matthew raised an eyebrow at her. "No? I was pretty fast in high school, and still am. Besides it is not hard to escape you when your emotions ate high." He said bluntly. He didn't like the fact that she was insinuating something, and in fact made him put his guard up. Honestly, Matthew was ready to open up about anything. Walking ast her Matthew closed the door to the hallway, blocking everything but thr entrance, living room, and front staircase. He didn't want her anywhere else in the house.

"What are you hiding from me? You are being seriously evasive now." She said raising her eyebrow. She ran a hand threw her hair which was back to its natural and normal black. "You know I hate to admit it but this storm is because I can't control my emotions... mom told me emotions are a weakness for sirens; when we feel it leaves us vulnerable. I guess I am always going to be that way." She shrugged but turned facing him. She hated how evasive he was being with her right now. She could sense it, "Do not lie to me Matthew, because I will know."

Little her words did to change Matthew's mind, he still was closed. As he passed her, he whispered, "I wouldn't need to lie if you wouldn't invade me by asking questions." Matthew was not an open book and would never be, he had been that way since a child. Taking a seat on one of his chairs, he smirked at her. "Are you done? Story time is putting me to sleep and I would rather not bother with it." Matthew then leaned back into his chair, either hand on each arm.

She walked over to him and sat right in his lap straddling him. Her eyes were staring into his. "Story time as you so eloquently put it you have been apart of since we became best fucking friends in preschool. You are apart of my life like it or not I am not someone you can shake off that easily Matthew." She leaned in closer to him trying to keep a handle on her unstable siren emotions that were running rampant right now being so close to the one she considered hers and hers alone. She hated being territorial but that was just how she had become since her transformation.

Reactions: HEX
Matthew stared at her and for a second the iris of his eyes turned a dark red and then back to normal. She really was trying to get him to spill his dirty little secret and she was trying very hard. "Give up, love." He whispered. Some part of Matthew wanted to push Ashera off of him and get up and go to bed, but he doubted she would leave him alone. Noticing the small vein in her neck throbbing, Matthew both thought of drinking from her and realized the fact that she was trying hard to control herself around him. He chuckled a bit under his breath. She struggle to contain herself from being all over him, he struggle from killing her. He wanted to kill her, to suck her dry and walk away. It would be easy and happen within seconds and the more he thought about it the closer he got to do it. He swallowed. "Your move." He told her. Sure Matthew was curious about what she may do to him, but he really wanted to push her buttons. He hadn't really pushed her buttons for a while and it was kind of fun to him.

Last edited:
Ash growled at him and smacked him really hard across the face. She was mostly trying to control the anger that was within her. Her buttons were pushed thoroughly. She jumped off him and some clouds actually formed with in the house. 'Bloody hell and of course I make a storm in side.' Thunder boomed and some lightning crackled within the storm cloud. "Oh button pushing eh jerkface, in case you were wondering I am trying to contain anger." She spat out angrily. They might be best friends but they were always at eachother's throats when it came to certain things. This was an unavoidable battle that was to come between them.

Reactions: HEX
Laughing a bit as he stood up he walked to his alcohol cabinet and brought out a bottle of vodka. Pouring himself a drink, he looked at the clouds. "Neat little trick, but fuck my house up and I will be pissed off." He warned her before taking a drink. Matthew was being an asshole, worse than before. Maybe it was the thirst for blood or the body stashed in his basement, either way he was being rude. Looking at her Matthew chuckled, "really? I couldn't tell. Always sucked at hiding your feelings, Ash." He said before putting the glass down and just drinking from the bottle. He was a alcoholic, that was clearly seen, but the number one reason he was drinking straight from the bottle was because he knew his excessive drinking again pissed Ashera off. Walking straight to her he looked down at her, the height difference was large. "So you wanna know me, huh? You wanna know the big bad monster that lies beneath the fake ass fabrications of these clothes and this house? You wanna know your best friend like never before...go down stairs, go see what I did, go see why I'm not a good guy." He yelled at her before downing more alcohol. He was mad and realized that Ashera wasn't going to stop being a little bitch till she got what she wanted, and what she wanted right now was Matthew to open up to her.

Last edited:
"I am not doing this on purpose." She said gesturing to the storm cloud. Thankfully it was just little sparks of lightning and thunder-booms. "Its the one thing I do not have control of thank you very much and its very tied into my emotions, so if I am pissed off you get this!" She pointed angrily to the cloud above her. Seeing the alcohol she rolled her eyes, she hated when the idiot did shit like that. She leaned against a book case with a sneer on her face. "Fine I will go look." She stormed off and went down stairs to the cellar. She seen the sheets and it was definitely instinct already knowing who was in them. She knelt down and uncovered the face and head seeing the bite marks all over the neck and shoulders. 'So he is a vampire huh.' she thought to herself. Kristen laid there she looked almost peaceful. She walked back upstairs calming down some to where the clouds where actually starting to dissipate some. She walked back into his study. "Give me her body and I will dispose of it. You will not have to worry about that, besides the full moon is near." She leaned in the door way and crossed her arms over her chest. Scared was the last thing from her emotions right now; her main feeling was one of protection for Matt.

Having taken a seat at his desk, Matthew waited patiently for Ashera's return. Meanwhile, he occupied himself with drinking more alcohol than humanly possible, luckily he wasn't human. Upon Ashera's return, Matthew snickered at the offer as he stood. "You think I want you to clean my mess up?" His question was sarcastic, but his tone was dark and cold almost sadistic. Matthew shook his head in disbelief. How could she just be so okay with him killing someone? Ash put a whole new meaning to friends till the end. Closing the distance between the two, Matthew looked down at her as soon as he stood less than a foot away. "This is my mess, Ash, and mine alone." He informed her sternly. Glancing at her stance, Matthew figured he was angering her in some way, but her eyes told the reason why- she wanted to protect him. Smirking as his hand found its way up to her chin he lifted it slightly. "You don't have to worry about me, I'm a big boy." He chuckled out, his laugh was stiff and dry. Matthew knew he could handle disposing of her body, but he still needed to figure out what happened to make him snap then he had an idea. Walking past Ashera, Matthew entered the front entrance and grabbed his jacket from the coat rack, looking over his shoulder he spoke in a whisper tone. "Are you coming?" Without waiting for an answer he opened the front door and left down the road towards the edge of town. The rain outside had cleared, but storms clouds were still on the horizon.

Halfway to the boarding house, Matthew's family home, Matthew glanced back to she Ashera trailing not that far behind. Good. The boarding house was one of the few locations sacred to his family, it was protected by magic and was "holy" land to a vampire. He had never taken Ashera to the boarding house only his parents house in town. As he glanced back he knew she hadn't the slightest clue as to where he was taking her. The thing she for sure didn't know was how many rules he was breaking just thinking about bringing her there. "Keep up." He warned her, his tone was a mixture of agitation and protection. "If you hear something, keep walking." He ordered her. The hidden pathway was nearing the duo, to most it was simply the side of the road, but Matthew could actually see a pathway there that lead to the boarding house. The Santos' property stretched for about three miles of the woods in a complete circle. Slowing his pace just enough, Matthew allowed Ashera to walk about five steps behind him. He needed her to not lose him in the forest. The land played tricks on outsiders perception, even the best of species wouldn't be able to walk for more than a minute without being completely lost in the woods and eventually eaten. Feeling the slight humidity, Matthew knew it was fog. A low cloud bank, fake as can be, and not holding the capability of real weather or water perfect to trap a siren. As the two walked along the path, Matthew heard the low sounds of approaching footsteps and inhaled. Devon. "Leave her be, cousin, she is mine." His voice was a low malicious growl as he spoke under his breath.

Devon, a tall dark haired male with bright blue eyes, sighed. "No fun, Matthew. Sirens are delicious." His voice was deep and full of complete loath for Matthew. Devon was Matthew's older cousin, a bit of a wild card that stayed in the cage of the Santos property for everyone's sake. He was handsome, but even he knew that he could not compare to his baby cousin in anyone's eyes, both physically and in power strength. Making himself visible to Ashera, he smiled as her walked far too close to her side. "So you're the siren my idiot cousin has taken quite a liking to?" He questioned her, his eyes glowing a deep red and his fangs still fairly out. "You know you shouldn't trust him, his how you say...a liar." With the last word faintly coming out of his mouth, Devon was thrown against a tree causing the large, thick, tree to snap in half sending splinters flying. "Ah, Matt, I'm just being honest here." The corners of Devon's mouth were turned up on end as he fixed his shirt.

Matthew glared, his eyes a golden color now. "Not another word, Devon." He muttered. There was a part of him that wanted to rip off Devon's head at this moment. There were things he hadn't told Ashera, besides being a vampire.

Devon obeyed.

Inside the Santos family there were levels of being a vampire. Level A, the ordinary vampire, someone like his mother or cousin Kayla. Level E, someone a little psychotic and hard to deal with, in other words Devon. And then there was Matthew, Level S. There were a total of three Level S vampires within his large family, they had the power to manipulate and control other vampires, their strength was unmatched within their family. Level S vampires made up the council, along with two from the other levels. No one really knew where Matthew's powers came from because before he was born there were only two supreme vampires at a time.

Looking to Ashera he motioned her to continue down the pathway, this time he would be by her side. Devon walked behind them, almost like a zombie, but really he was frightened of what Matthew would do if he made an advance for Ashera.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Princess Rose
"Fix your problem not really, more like solving one of my own when the full moon comes." She said looking down at her nails. Her eyes flickered between amusement and to slight irritation. "I have worried more about you as we were children than I do now Matthew. I know you have big boy duties now but accepting help is ok." She tilted her head as he asked if she was coming along and she nodded her head and followed him out wondering where he was headed off to. She was right on his tail only a couple feet behind him. She had always smelled something in this direction but she never ventured because her Siren physiology would scream to leave. She followed his head just as she was instructed. She heard the foot steps and moved much closer to Matt and felt her own teeth sharpen into little rows like shark teeth. She bared her own sharp rows of teeth and hissed. She growled when he came closer to her. "Touch me ever and I will rip your throat out." She was not happy with this male intruding into her personal space. She let her teeth retract into her gums and followed Matt on the path as she was told. She trusted him and she knew he lied about things he viewed as important but she trusted him with her life.

The manor appeared in a break in the woods, lawns surrounding the building were well kept and looked high end. The manor itself looked small, but the networks under ground was vastly wide. However, the house's looks were not the strange outlook, but it was the occupants that were a bit odd. Few kids ran around outside in old Victorian styled clothing. Little did most know, they were eternal child that the curse took hold off. A small boy looked up from his activities as he smell Ashera and Matthew enter the area, he smiled and took off running towards the front doors of the manor. "Matthew's home, mama, Matthew's home." His screams echoed into the manor as Matthew entered. Despite the furniture and the children the place looked vacant, but that was not the case as people exited doors and entered the entrance.

Crow, one of the first of Matthew's family line, glared slightly at Ashera and then to Matthew. "You break our rules and bring a-a fish here?" Crow's tone was vicious and evil, Matthew expected nothing less than this seeing that Crow was the one to invent the rules.

Matthew nodded. "She was going to learn sooner or later. So I picked soon." Matthew moved past his cousins, uncles, aunts, and even grandparents that were supposed to have died when Matthew was nineteen. "Do you have a problem, Grandpa?" He asked Crow. Matthew, to the surprise of few was Crow's great great great great grandson. Crow shook his head. "Good. Now where is Lina?" He asked looking around at the group of people that had gathered. But no one really needed to say something as the smell from the network worked its way up to Matthew. "Found her." He chuckled. Before entering a side door and descending some stairs. "I'd suggest, Ash, that you come with me." He called out knowing that Ashera was not behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.