3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Layruna, the the Auburn Steeps​

• Welcome, to the world of the Witcher, but not quite as you know it. Layruna resides East of Temaria, and of the Blue Mountains. Separate from any Lioness of Cintra, or Vilgefortz, or Geralt of Rivia's. No, such things are only legends in the lands of Layruna, north of the border of Zerrikania. However, there are still people-- still communities. Kings and queens, bandits and crime lords. Striga and Ekimmara.

With all of those, as if mirroring the coastal side of the Blue Mountains, humans with near super-human mutations came to be. These amber eyed folk were known popularly as Witchers across the mountains, but here in Layruna, hunters of this kind are a new breed. Only appearing a couple hundred or so years after the vanishing of the Wild Hunt. As if from no where, these cat-eyed mutants appeared, along with their fortress 'Nory Głęboko' or 'Legowisko', came to settlements demanding coin in exchange for cleaning up monsters in the jungles, canyons, ravines, mountains and deserts. The Witchers came in a variety of three, separated by the shape of the creatures on their pendants.

The Fox
    The Ape
    and The Vulture

Although these three factions of mutants hailed from the same home, they always seemed to compete for hunts, and getting jobs before the others.

After a century, the existence of these mutants has become a normal thing, and people will commonly send missives to Legowisko in need of services. There is never a shortage of beasts in Layruna. It seems, however, that a new best may be ready to rear it's ugly head as a stark reminder of why the Witchers on the west side of the mountains are said to carry steel, along with silver. Man is about to prove that as vicious as a werewolf maybe, it will never match the fury of a man thirsted with greed, or a woman scorn.

Welcome, to Layruna.​

• G E N R E || Drama, action, adventure, thriller.

Frequency expectations: Post at least once a week, although a couple times is allowed.

Writing expectations: Third-person writing, no power play, no auto hitting player characters. As the GM, when you attack or try and achieve anything it should be attempted and a gm post will reveal the results. A few paragraphs or more is expected, depending on the level of action.

All Iwaku Rules apply, as per usual.

Don't be mean pls.

This is meant to be a team based adventure, with an overlying plot, but side stories can be told if the player decide to explore. However, these side stories will, in someway, tie back into the overarching narrative.

Have fun! Layruna is a big lush place, and you'd do good to prepare before venturing onward!

• The part we all love! I assume most will want to be a Witcher, but if not that is completely fine. Their are elves, dwarves, bards, soldiers and even monsters that can be taken advantage of if you so wish. I will further expand this section with locations and kingdoms, should it get enough interest. For now, I will just outline the Witchers.

The Witchers of Legowisko hail from one of three schools.

The Fox, which use agility and light weapons to wear down their prey over time.

The Ape, which us strength and brute force to over power their prey.

and The Vulture, who use their smarts, machines and gadgets to ensure victory, even if the prey was someone else's first.

All Witcher hail from Legowisko, and though they were gathered their very few remember their lives before the trials, and the mutations. Most were unwanted, abandoned, or orphaned and only a couple hail from the other side of the mountains.

Tell me what you think, and if your interested, I'll make this WAY bigger! Here's some ambiance!

Music!

Reactions: Pupperr
I've never actually played the games (I really need to) but I just started watching the T.V series and am already really enjoying it! How fluent does one have to be in The Witcher to participate? :D

I've never actually played the games (I really need to) but I just started watching the T.V series and am already really enjoying it! How fluent does one have to be in The Witcher to participate? :D

I actually made the setting the unexplored eastern side of the mountains so no one would have to be too versed in the lore :)

I actually made the setting the unexplored eastern side of the mountains so no one would have to be too versed in the lore :)

Consider me interested then! I love me a fantasy world :)

Reactions: Azurewinter
Oh man, my brain hasn't been able to Shut Up about The Witcher since I saw the show, so count me interested if this gets off the ground! Especially at the prospect of monsty characters,,,

Oh man, my brain hasn't been able to Shut Up about The Witcher since I saw the show, so count me interested if this gets off the ground! Especially at the prospect of monsty characters,,,

Yesss yesss! I'm rooting for more people so this can take off 😍 I have character ideas cooking already.

Reactions: Reflex
@Reflex and @Pupperr If I made open signup, and we began with two players and a GM character, would you guys still be interested with the hope of a couple more coming?

@Reflex and @Pupperr If I made open signup, and we began with two players and a GM character, would you guys still be interested with the hope of a couple more coming?

It honestly depends if I am accepted into this other RP that I signed up for that has a wait list.. but this Witcher one is also very exciting. I'll know by the 20th :)

I'm super big into the Witcher if this is still open! I've actually read the books, and played the games, despite the Author being a bit full of himself and only focusing on Geralt, Ciri and company, the world is still vastly unexplored and left with little detail.

So I would love to join this roleplay if it is still open!

I'm super big into the Witcher if this is still open! I've actually read the books, and played the games, despite the Author being a bit full of himself and only focusing on Geralt, Ciri and company, the world is still vastly unexplored and left with little detail.

So I would love to join this roleplay if it is still open!
It certainly is! I might just make a signup now that their are three candidates :)

I have read the books too! So we would have all spectrums here.

Sounds great!

Just as an update; I have started the OOC and signup and it should be done before the weekend is over!

• Spicy
Reactions: Reflex
After binge watching the Netflix series in a little under two days, I've been obsessed with The Witcher! So definitely color me interested!

After binge watching the Netflix series in a little under two days, I've been obsessed with The Witcher! So definitely color me interested!
This is exactly what I did.

Reactions: Mobley Eats
I'm interested as well.

Amazing! I will have an OOC/ Signup up by monday :)

Oh dear... I fear this may be no longer active. Bummer. Well, it was an exciting concept, nonetheless.