The Wild World of Bugs (Sign up)

M

Mctoran

Original poster
Most often, Humans are a very self-absorbed and ignorant race. They spend so much time invested in their own lives, that they are completely unaware of the epic events that occur right below their feet.

In a forest behind a house far away, there exists an epic miniature world, inhabited by equally epic and miniature beings. These creatures may seem insignificant just because they are small, but size doesn't matter. I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ In all actuality, the little critters in the backyard undergo epic adventures and struggles on a daily basis. Dangers include (but are not limited to) vicious predators, harsh weather, natural hazards, and humans.

Enter Anton, an ordinary worker in a black ant colony. Anton is accustomed to life in the colony, but over the years he has grown bored and tired of the same daily routine of labor he undergoes. Although he dislikes his situation, Anton dislikes even more the unfair treatment he and his colony have to put up with- The Black ant colony have been controlled by tyranny of the Red ant empire, led by the red queen. The red ants constantly take a portion of the Black ants' resources for themselves, and threaten execution if their orders aren't met. The Black ants aren't the only ones under the red ants' rule, either. The red empire has conquered other lands and killed any and all bugs who have opposed them.
Adventure finds Anton when he stands up to a red ant soldier harassing him. This inadvertently sparks a revolution against the red ant empire, and both sides are building up their forces.

You, the player, play as a bug in this open-world RP, as you navigate the backyard and encounter many situations and beings, both good and evil, some strange, and all of them unique.

Rules:
1.) Real Bugs only.
This RP is meant to feel like it could be taking place in your own backyard, so I want it to be as rooted in reality as possible. That means no fictional creatures, no creatures with superpowers, or creatures from another planet/dimension, etc. You can, however, use any bugs or critters that exist In real life, on Earth.

2.) Any kind of small critter can be used.
Types of creatures you can use include, but are not limited to: Insects, Arachnids, small crustaceans, small amphibians, and small reptiles. Pretty much any invertebrate can be used.

3.) Up to 3 characters at a time can be played.

4.) No Metagaming, Godmodding, Autohitting or Autododging.

Character sheet:

Name:

Animal:

Natural Abilities/skills:

Alignment: (Red colony, Black colony, or Neutral)

Place Of Residence: (Where in or near the backyard do they live?)

Colony Name: (Required only if your bug is a hive insect)

Picture/description of Appearance:

Backstory:

Last edited by a moderator: