Usually
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I like most. It's the plot that decides.
So there is this game that has gotten my interest in the last time, not-so-officially known as the Wikipedia Game!

Now, how do you play a game on Wikipedia, you may ask. And so I shall answer. The game progresses as follows:

1. Enter a random Wikipedia article, and read it. Make sure you remember the basics.
  2. Enter another random article.
  3. Use the nice blue hyperlinks in the article to get from your current article, back to the first one in as few presses as possible.
For an example, this is the log over a game I played once:

To: Christmas with Chet Atkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quanhua UAV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unmanned aerial vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Department of Defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Abraham A. Ribicoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1910 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1920 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1930 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1940 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1950 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1960 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1961 births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1961 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1961 in music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1961 albums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:1961 Christmas albums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christmas with Chet Atkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: Razilin
I remember this in school. But instead the goal was to find the wiki page of Hitler.

I remember this in school. But instead the goal was to find the wiki page of Hitler.

'In three links or less' was the version I knew. It was surprisingly doable with most articles.
I played that version too, but it was too... Easy. I got from some very local, Indian branch of hinduism to him in I think seven clicks.

I got a species of Moths and the Cold Lake Oil Sands

I connected the two:

Species of Moths-Moths in general-Gypsy Moth-Canada-Alberta-Cold Lake-Cold Lake Oil Sand.

I got a species of Moths and the Cold Lake Oil Sands

I connected the two:

Species of Moths-Moths in general-Gypsy Moth-Canada-Alberta-Cold Lake-Cold Lake Oil Sand.
That's some good playing right there.

As for myself, I recently got from a dialect of japanese to a list of cemetries in Powell county, Montana in nine clicks.

the versions I played had some stipulations

mainly only using hyperlinks with article text, and not the categorical links (since those usually open a more direct route to other articles, thus defeating the purpose of the game)

I always described the Wikipedia Game as "the Internet version of the Kevin Bacon Game". or the "Internet version of the Megumi Hayashibara Game" (if you're an anime nerd)

the versions I played had some stipulations

mainly only using hyperlinks with article text, and not the categorical links (since those usually open a more direct route to other articles, thus defeating the purpose of the game)

I always described the Wikipedia Game as "the Internet version of the Kevin Bacon Game". or the "Internet version of the Megumi Hayashibara Game" (if you're an anime nerd)
That would give it a more fair twist, yes.

Just a brief question; does the Bacon number thing count directors? Say you've acted in a movie, and the director has acted with Kevin, does that give you a number of two?

Status
Not open for further replies.