The Wheel of Time: OOC and Signup (Coming Soon)

L

Lysander

Original poster
Game Masters: Hunter
Accepting New Characters: Yes
Posting Expectations: Post once a week at least. Should have enough substance to reply too. Around 300 words is what I'm expecting as a minimum.
Rating: R - Graphic Violence, Sexual References, Supernatural Themes, Full Nudity, Fictional Language, Drug Use, Tobacco Use, "Fade-to-black" Sex Scenes, etc.
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Atmosphere/Mood: Serious and Dramatic, but with sprinkled in Comedy.
Plot Flow: Semi-Linear
Setting Time Period: 1450 to 1600
Basic Plot: A hero is reborn who is prophesied to both break the world, but save it in the process. He and his companions (who are also just as important in fulfilling the prophecy) will have to accept responsibility then try to convince a continent to follow them while dodging defending them against evil and dodging hidden assassins. War, Political Intrigue, Romance, Action, Adventure, Magic, Violence, Philosophy, Culture differences, and enemies at every turn can they fulfil their destiny or will the world be consumed by evil!?! Set in a brilliantly deep and well constructed fantasy world.
[DASH=gold]
The Wheel of Time

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning." - Robert Jordan, Page 1, The Eye of the World, 1st Novel in the Wheel of Time Series

In the beginning, the Creator crafted the universe and the Wheel of Time. The Wheel of Time weaves the Great Pattern and uses the peoples lives as threads. Seven spokes the cosmic loom has, each representing an age; one passing, one always receding, and one approaching. The Wheel is turned by the energy of the True Source; split in twain between, saidin: the male half, and saidar: the female half. Forever in opposition and unison, this power turns the Wheel. Those who can wield this power are known as channelers; and chief among channelers are the Aes Sedai, which means "Servent of All" in the Old Tongue. Reincarnation and prophecies are facts of life when you live with the Wheel of Time.

2261316-ancient_symbol_aessedai_large.jpg

A white teardrop for saidar and a black fang for saidin.

At the moment of creation the Creator imprisoned its antithesis,
Shai'tan who is named the Dark One. One should not speak his true name for it brings bad luck. Sealing him away from the Wheel. However, in an utopian time called the Age of Legends or the Second Age by some, an Aes Sedai experiment inadvertently breached the Dark One's prison, allowing his influence into the world. He rallied the powerful, the corrupt and the ambitious to his cause and these servants began an effort to free the Dark One fully from his prison. In return, the Dark One promised them worldly power and immortality. The greatest among his servants where named the Chosen, fallen Aes Sedai who acted as his lieutenants. Below them where Shadowspawn creatures made with foul science and magic made to serve the Dark One and his servants. Few even among the servants of the Dark One realized that one of the consequences of freeing him might be the breaking of the Wheel of Time and the end of existence itself.

583px-Trolloc_saliba20.jpg

A specific kind of Shadowspawn and the most numerous: a Trolloc.

In response to this threat, the Wheel spun out the Dragon as the champion of the Light; the Light being the force of good in the world from the Creator, that is in direct opposition to the Dark One. The Dragon was Lews Therin Telamon, a male Aes Sedai, who rose to great influence and power among the Aes Sedai. A century passed after the initial breach of the Dark One's prison, a time during which the Dark One's influence spread throughout the world, causing society to become corrupt and decayed, open warfare broke out between the forces of the Dark One and those of the Light. After ten years of a grueling, world-wide war filled with atrocities on a scale never before imagined, the Light found itself facing the real possibility of defeat.

The_Old_Forsaken.jpg

The Forsaken, as they appear prior to their imprisonment, behind the Dragon, Lewis Therin Telamon.

In desperation, Lews Therin led a hand-picked force of channelers and soldiers in a high-risk, daring assault on the site of the earthly link to the Dark One's prison, and was able to seal it off, although imperfectly, and in turn he sealed all of the Chosen within (or the Forsaken as they are named by those who serve the Light). However, at this moment of victory the Dark One tainted saidin, driving male channelers of the One Power insane. The male channelers, in the "Time of Madness," devastated the world with the One Power, unleashing earthquakes and tidal waves that reshaped the planet, referred to in subsequent ages as "The Breaking of the World."

45zq_fUXms4.jpg

Dragonmount the volcano created from Lews Therin Telamon's death, was just one of many created from the Breaking of the World, but it was the largest and has always been active while others have turned into mountains.

In his insanity, Lews Therin himself killed his friends, his family and anyone in any way related to him, and was known afterwards as Lews Therin Kinslayer. Given a moment of sanity by Ishamael, chief among the Dark One's servants, Lews Therin realized what he had done. In his grief, he committed suicide by drawing on far more of the One Power than even he could handle unaided. The result of this being the creation of the volcano named Dragonmount.

322px-TEOTW_-0_cover.PNG

Lews Therin Telamon in his last moments of lucidity forced upon him by Ishamael.

Over time, the remaining male Aes Sedai were killed or cut off from the One Power. In their wake, they had left a devastated world: the land and the oceans reshaped, people scattered from their native lands, civilization itself all but destroyed. Only women were now able to wield the One Power safely. The female Aes Sedai reconstituted and guided humanity out of this dark time. Men who could channel eventually became objects of fear and horror, as they would inevitably go insane unless stopped, and even the Dragon became a loathed figure. Among the Aes Sedai there were women whose sole function was to hunt such men down and cut them off from accessing the One Power.

ad78e9b901b821bf1e130dda067a30d2.jpg

The Red Ajah of the Aes Sedai his dedicated to locating men with the ability to channel and gentleing them(stilling when done to a woman, and burning out when done by accident. Known as severing before the breaking), effectively severing then from One Power forever. Most people both male and female lose the will to live after such an occurrence. Members of the Red Ajah usually have a deep seated hatred of men.

What followed was three and a half thousand years of history that was marked by a series of rises then inevitable declines in civilization, a time of troubles and chaos that stood in marked contrast to the now mythical Age of Legends. Nations and civilization itself fell, rose, and fell again. Occasional periods of uneasy peace were punctuated by warfare. There were two major conflicts that were of particular importance, in terms of their effect on civilization as a whole. The first were the Trolloc Wars, in which servants of the Dark One tried to destroy civilization once more, in a more or less continuous war that lasted for several hundred years. This period finally came to an end thanks to an alliance of nations led by the Aes Sedai. The second was the War of the Hundred Years, a devastating civil war that followed the fall of a continent-spanning empire ruled by the High King, Artur Hawkwing.

Child_of_the_Light.jpg

A member of the Militant Order: The Children of the Light, commonly known as Whitecloaks.

These wars have prevented the human race from regaining the power and high technology of the Age of Legends, and left humanity divided. Even the prestige of the Aes Sedai has fallen, with their terrible power and shrinking numbers, and the emergence of organizations such as the Children of the Light, a militant order who hold that all who dabble with the One Power are servants of the Shadow. The human race has clawed its way back to a level of technology and culture roughly comparable to that of our 1450 to 1600 (although without the sciences, formalized learning, or the military use of gunpowder), with the difference that women enjoy full equality with men in most societies, and are superior in some. One likely explanation for this is the power and influence of the female-only Aes Sedai spilling over into everyday life.

theaeil1.jpg

"The Aiel seemed like a horde of Darkfriends when they suddenly spilled across the immense mountain range called The Spine of the World. They burned the city of Cairhen and fought through Tear and then Andor before reaching the killing fields outside the island city of Tar Volan."

During the last war of note, called the Aiel War and taking place 20 years before the start of our story, the nations of the modern era allied themselves against the warrior-clans of the Aiel, who crossed into the western kingdoms on a mission of vengeance after suffering a grievous insult at the hands of one of the western Kings. The Aiel have since returned to the Aiel Waste, with some saying that they were defeated and fled, but others saying that they got their vengeance and left on their own terms. Despite this confrontation, little is known of these fierce warriors in the kingdoms of the east.

384px-Dark_One.jpg

"...under the shadow of a prophecy that the Dark One will break free..."

Mankind now lives under the shadow of a prophecy that the Dark One will break free from his prison and the Dragon will be reborn to face him once more with companions rising to aide him, raining utter destruction and chaos on the world in the process of saving it from the Dark One.

[/DASH]

Intro
Hey guys I'm Hunter! You may or may not know me, but this is my first game time officially GMing so hope it goes good! Welcome guys! Great to see that you're interested in this RP! Are you an avid fan like me willing to do any type of Wheel of Time RP? Great! I will need help doing this and people that know the lore and plot can help me, while also helping people who aren't as familiar. Are you someone who has never heard of the Wheel of Time before? Or maybe your somehow who has heard of it, but never had the time or read it? Or maybe you read some and stopped? Maybe you're someone who is critical of the series? Maybe you don't like certain aspects of it and if they were changed or improved it would be better? Well I may be a fanboy, but I agree! If you join we can try to make this RP to improve on some of the problems with the originals! No matter what your reason for joining it's good to have you! Now that introduction and welcomes are out of the way let's get down to business shall we?

As far as reading goes their is lots and lots so I won't heap it all on you now if you don't know the setting. For now you should read up to but not past the "Recent Events" on this page: http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Two_Rivers Also if you just want to peruse the lore you can just be aware some things may be different as this an AU: http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_beginning

Character Sheets Incoming...​

Most definitely interested!

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Hmmm... I believe I will take a shot at the Dragon Reborn, but if you want to play it, Hunter, then you can :)

Or maybe a False Dragon O.o

I would most definitely be interested. I would want to play a character similar to Matrim Cauthon. (Not a carbon copy, but similar.) Luck is key.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (Time to roll the Dice!)

Did anyone see my character?? I have almost no idea what I actually put down.

Okay, Well, here goes!

Name: Pietr Aldrin
Role: Ta'Veren, albeit a weaker one.

Character Origin: Pietr left his home in Ebou Dar, the son of an Innkeeper. He went to Caemlyn to see the world, and ended up getting admitted into the castle guard. He has tremendous ability with a pike, and is one of the best in the world with a quarterstaff.

Weapons: A pike. But when he hits the road, he usually uses a quarterstaff, or a set of throwing knives. (He has minimal skill with any sword.)

Armor(If any.): Queen's Guard: Full Plate Armor.
On The Road: Clothes, and his razor edged wit.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I really hoped I would feel up to it, but a combination of being sick currently, a lack of motivation towards the RP, and a very busy RL is not allowing me to do this. If someone wants to take it over or do something simlar thats fine feel free to take what I've done or whatever. Sorry guys. I may revive this eventually if I get motivation for it.