Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
[bg=#CAC19C]
qpOgrEs.jpg
[/bg]
SYNOPSIS
GENRE: Low Fantasy/Medieval/Political Intrigue || LEVEL: Advanced Detailed || WRITING: High Expectations | Three Paragraph Min. SECONDARY GENRE: World Building || TONE: Suspenseful, Dramatic || SCALE: 6-10 Players || POSTING EXPECTATIONS: Weekly

[bg=#A98D2A]
no-lightbox

♕ THE FATE OF THORNWILD ♕
"Canst thou, O partial sleep, give thy repose,
To the wet sea-boy in an hour so rude,
And in the calmest and most stillest night,
With all appliances and means to boot,
Deny it to a king? Then happy low, lie down!
Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"

The land of Ellemar has never existed entirely at peace. With her kingdoms stretched out across the land, and all of them vying for controlling power, the threads of unanimity have been slowly unraveling over time. But the realization of such ambitions has only ever been a dream, until now.

King Barenthorn's imminent demise has opened the door for a political shift in power among the remaining kingdoms. With no heir and an antiquated council unqualified to rule, the Thornwild throne, which would open up controlling power of Ellemar, is up for grabs and for some of the potentates, war seems an inevitable outcome…For some, it's a welcome one.

Conflict is at the center of each kingdom's motivation, and their rulers will stop at nothing to achieve their conquest, even at the expense of their own people.
[/bg]

INFORMATION ||
This is not a typical roleplay. Before I get into why, I'd like to explain that this is a fairly new concept that I have only attempted ONCE before, and while it was successful in it's conception then, it may take some time to work out the kinks - so I do ask for patience and understanding.

That said - the idea I have for this is essentially a roleplay system that is not dictated by a GM, but instead run by you - the players. This doesn't mean, of course, free-for-all chaos. But basically the concept would involve you building the plot around your own 'nations'. You will design the kingdoms (one per player) and then determine where and how these kingdoms fit into the overarching storyline, while making connections with other players in order to fill in smaller underarching plots. My job - apart from creating a kingdom of my own to work with - will be essentially to ensure things run smoothly, but otherwise, I'll have a very back-burner approach to GMing.

I want it to feel more like a group project than coming in to an already established plot and working off of my ideas. I want to give you the freedom of movement to create parts of a storyline, instead of just playing one character and fitting them in to a pre-worked concept. That being said, there will be rules and as stated, an overarching plot - please be flexible and allow for movement within your own ideas. Also note that the general THEME of the story is political intrigue, set within a medievalesque timeline and your kingdom should reflect this.

I would like to include seven kingdoms (not including Thornwild, which is the kingdom they will be vying for victory over). This doesn't necessarily mean seven players (see later). Essentially the CS will not feature one character, but an entire kingdom - including key characters (and one main character, if you so desire). The kingdom applications will be reviewed and approved and I will pick the seven best. From there we will begin plotting out connections with other kingdoms (allies/enemies/etc.) Not everyone I tagged will necessarily get the opportunity to play the kingdom they make - this isn't because I don't adore you all or think you're incredibly talented - but I want to ensure there aren't too many cooks in the kitchen, and see to it that everything meshes cohesively. Anyone who still wishes to join but wasn't approved for a kingdom can still be offered a role, which will exist within one of the chosen kingdoms or Thornwild itself.

Because of the nature of this roleplay, the creation/planning process is expected to take some time. I don't imagine the roleplay will start for a good while - but I do ask that you try to give me notice of interest as soon as possible, just to avoid stagnation. This roleplay includes some fairly long forms (a kingdom sheet, an NPC sheet and a main character sheet) - because you are basically building your own land, but you will have plenty of time to work on them. Just be prompt as possible, so no one else loses interest! This is not first come, first serve, but if you take too long, you could miss out on your kingdom being one of the seven picked.

Note: As previously stated, you WILL have the opportunity to make a playable character within the constraints of your kingdom, but this does not negate you from utilizing the other characters involved. Also note that these characters are to serve as a driving force for the plot and should not be used as vehicles for pre-planned romances. Romance is acceptable, yes... but no character-by-character plotting should be done prior to the RP so as to avoid confusion where the general storyline is concerned. If it happens within the RP, naturally, than great - but it must happen post-plotting. It wouldn't make sense, afterall, for someone to plan an affair between their king and another kingdom's scullery maid if that same scullery maid has a preplanned relationship with your knight in shining armor.

Also note: This is not the first time I've run this roleplay, and while I have no co-GMs, to avoid confusion or thoughts of favoritism @rissa and @Effervescent have both been involved in the past and I will occasionally defer to them, when necessary.

If you have ANY question, please feel free to ask below or PM me !

TAGS
[bg=#FAFAFA]
|| PLAYER TAGS ||
@Effervescent, @rissa, @Red Thunder, @Doctor Jax, @BearEnthusiast, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Niiwa, @Applo, @Starlighter, @Shizuochan, @Mundane Monster

If you aren't interested, but were tagged, please don't feel obligated to respond :) I won't judge you, too bad *mwaha*​
[/bg]
FAQ
[bg=#FAFAFA]
|| FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ||
Questions are welcome - either via this thread, or PM​
[/bg]
IMPORTANT LINKS
[bg=#FAFAFA]
|| LINKS ||
[/bg]

Last edited:
Yessss!!! Thanks for the tag, oh my gosh I'm pumped!

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
ok

i have some sort of kingdom concept in mind (involves some not-so-harmonious society of nobles and savages). if you've (any applicant, that is) similar, hit me up so i can tell you your idea is better and i'll stahp.

:^)

I will express some interest, for sure! Thanks for the tag <3 I've got some minor thoughts in my back pocket but I'll have to think about them some more.

I know Shiz is being a dork, but don't worry too much about similarities between any kingdoms XD We had a few last time that were similar, but that's actually part of what makes the diplomatic process later on more fun - decided who would be allies with whom.

i'm not being a dork! i'm just telling you all how much I respect you as writers and that you are all better than me!!!!

• Love
You're a fantastic writer Shiz :)

And just a note for everyone! You can post a WIP in the cs section. Just maje sure to mark it as such and let me know when it's officially done.

I WONDER WHAT THIS IS

I hope you get this off the ground Elle, it was really fun while it lasted last time. I won't be joining this time but I'm for sure going to be reading the IC. <3 GL GL GL GL

edit: lol I just noticed the invite only tag. hope my message doesn't intrude too much <3

I'm in Elle, so in. Itotallydidnotalreadystartworkonakingdomappnopenotatall

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Bears
Huzzah - the Discord exists! Please ONLY join this Discord if you have been invited to join the RP :-D

*cries* you all are probably really far ahead and I am just sitting here going, "This looks amazing"

• Love