The Weeping Swan (DayDreamer x Sailor Arti)

Sailor Arti

☽ Neighborhood Friendly Magical Girl ☽
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'll be honest, I don't check Iwaku much but I do check!
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy, Adventure, Action, ect (I'm up for anything)
Montserrat; Montserrat;
art by: still looking...
Sabrina Runeswell

Interaction: @DayDreamer
Time of Day: After-school hours (afternoon)
Outfit: Sabrina's Outfit
Mood: Hurt & Irritated
Sabrina sniffed as she walked to her favorite 'get-away-from-bullshit' spot on campus. Normally Sabrina prided herself in looking presentable at all times but today didn't work out that way. Safe to say popularity came with it's ups and downs, still Sabrina would like to believed she loved the pros more than she loved the cons. However, today was one of those days when the lows were just extremely low. Just like the self-titled 'princess of Hogwarts' has many fans, she also has plenty of haters.

Sometimes said haters get bold enough to challenge her in on any given day. But they always do so when she's alone, too much of cowards to make their display public. Sabrina had dealt with bullies it felt like all her life, so this was nothing new to her at this point. However, when they got physical, that was something that she never quite got used to. Luckily now that she as older she was better at handling those sorts of situations than she was when she was younger. Partly because at least now she fought back.

Nowadays the bullies were getting a bit bolder. They always approached her in groups now as opposed to by themselves, but that was fine because Sabrina wouldn't go down without fucking them up too. That's exactly what happened today. Some pure-bloods felt the need to pick a fight with her today but couldn't handle the heat when Sabrina snapped off at the mouth in usually sassy fashion. Embarrassed and angry they resorted to violence since they clearly weren't winning the verbal argument.

Sabrina was also royally pissed off as well. Coming back to Hogwarts was supposed to be a break from this sort of petty behavior. But it seemed that no matter where she would go she wasn't meant to catch a break. Not on this side of living at least. She huffed as wiped at her cheek as she continued to walk towards the Black Lake. Anyway, so those bitches had decided it would be a good idea to jump her like she wasn't going to respond back. Sure it was tough but over the years Sabrina just grew more and more tired of taking people's shit.

Her patience was gone after everything she had been dealing with at home. So they fought, point-blank-period. Of course since numbers were against her Sabrina struggled but at the same time she was the Slytherin's duelling club captain for a reason. She attacked the girls quickly flinging disruptive spells their way while throwing punches with the best of them. Despite being at a disadvantage she still managed somehow come out on top this time. Not without several cuts across her legs and cheek and bruises that were sure to form on her ribs and legs.

That being said when one person can claim victory over a host of 3 girls using magic and her fists, she would have to say that's pretty embarrassing for them. They should leave her alone for a while at least. She would need to talk with Garaile and Andrew about what else to do with those girls. She wasn't just going to end it how she left it. She got to her spot not too long after thinking back over the events that took place. She plopped down on the ground with a sigh and looked up at the sky.

It was quiet as she listened to the sound of animals and the water she was sitting beside. The wind blew her hair as she felt her eyes begin to sting. She hated feeling like this. As strong as she aspired to be stuff like this always managed to get to her. No matter how many times she told herself that she didn't care anymore she clearly still did. Who wanted to go through this sort of stuff? What had she done to deserve this sort of treatment? From these strangers, from her family even? Was her mother's sin truly hers to pay for? Was it that awful that she was alive? Would the world truly be better off if she wasn't there?

As the thoughts soared through her mind her lower lip began to quiver as a heart wrenching sob left her lips. She pulled her legs to her to her chest, leaning forward as she rocked back and forth. Once she started crying the tears wouldn't stop. She was frustrated, tired, offended, and hurt. The more she encountered situations like this the more she felt her heart begin to harden. She wondered how much she could take before enough was enough. Would she break?

Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis
Time: Afternoon (after classes)
Appearance: Siren tail

Arionas grinned as the Giant Squid seemed to be in a playful mood today, using his huge tentacles to create an agility course for him. The young hufflepuff weaved, flipped, rolled and even jumped above water from time to time. This was a great way of keeping him fit and warm. The waters of the Black Lake had always been freezing compared to the waters around Skopelos and the Aegean in general. However this particular type of workout was very similar to running on land. It left him breathless and warm. He was probably sweating like a pig too, but he would never know while he was surrounded by water.

It didn't take long for him to get out of breath and the Giant Squid was kind enough to give him a ride close to the shore, for which Arionas was grateful of. All he had to do was kick back and enjoy the ride. Despite the sluggish appearance of the Giant Squid, the journey to the shore was quite speedy. Then again, the Squid could not go too far out or it would find its massive body stranded and death would have been slow and not particularly calm. Arionas' clothes were not hidden close to the spot the Giant Squid left him and he was about to swim away, until he heard sobs and spotted the figure of a girl in fatal position just a handful of meters away from where he was.

Curious as to what has happened and always ready to help people that were having a rough time, Arionas swam all the way to the shore until his tail was dragging on the sand and pebbles of the bottom but he was not completely out of the water just yet. Without his towel and clothes, he would freeze faster outside of the water than it. "Hey, you ok? What happened?" He asked, worry lacing his tone.

Montserrat; Montserrat;
Sabrina Runeswell

Interaction: Arionas Nikolaidis - @DayDreamer
The veela knew before even taking a look at herself that her eyes had begun to swell and get puffy. It's one of the reasons she hated crying so much, it was such an annoyance for something that was needed so regularly. As her sobs began to die down she felt her emotions shift once again, from pain to anger. Why should she have to be the one sitting here crying her eyes out? Why did she have to be looked down upon just because of who she was born to. In fact why should the 'purity' of her blood matter at all?

Who died and made these people gods so that they could dictate her own worth to her? Last time she checked she could do just as much as they could, hell she would even argue better. There was nothing remotely special about her step father, the rest of her pure blood relatives, or even those girls that attacked her earlier. Perhaps that's why they attacked her so. In the presence of something greater, lesser begins shrivel and retreat.

Despite what everyone said Sabrina wasn't trash and she was actually worth something and one day she'd make them realize that. Every single last person that ever spoke against her, especially those she's related to, she'd make them see. And if they couldn't respect her she'd make sure to let them know their place, beneath her. What did they have that she didn't? Pure blood wasn't something to sneeze at. Sabrina was smarter than them, prettier than them. Better at singing, dancing, school work, you name she's got it. Her spellwork? Impeccable, even her professors took notice.

The pink haired veela slammed her fist on the ground. She was pissed and rightfully so. She'd make them pay, one way or another, she'd find a way. "Hey, you ok? What happened?" a unfamiliar voice spoke up and startled the poor veela. She had been trapped within her thoughts that she didn't even notice someone around her. Wait, no she was quite sure she was alone. Snapping her head up her jade colored eyes scanned the area wildly before realizing that in her alarm she'd rocked too far forward.

Sabrina had been perched on the lake's edge, not near the shallow banks but beside it. Her spot was on a little rock so as she tipped forward she knew she would be falling into deeper waters instead of the shallow end of the pool. With a yelp she fell forward, her arms extending out in front of her out of pure reflex. She crashed through the waters surface and sunk lower as she quickly closed her lips to protect the little breath she had.

As she attempted to realign herself so she could swim back up shooting pain laced through her leg. It was so sharp and severe it caused Sabrina to gasp underneath the water and lose the breath she'd been holding. As the cramp continued Sabrina found herself unable to properly swim up to the surface, but she needed the air desperately.

The veela was in trouble and she wasn't sure how she was gonna get herself out of this one.

Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis

"Oh shit!" He had startled her and he had startled her good. He watched with wide eyes as the pink haired girl fell into the waters. They were not shallow and he watched for a few seconds, fully expecting her to resurface and curse him to hell and back for that scare. But she didn't. Something was wrong and he was quick to rush back into the deep, ignoring the scrapes of the stones on his scales as he slithered back in.

He saw her struggling, gasping for air only to take in water. He was next to her within seconds, swimming as fast as he could and laced his arms around her torso and shot upwards and back towards the shore. "You're ok. I got you." He said in a reassuring tone as he swam back to the shore. This time he was practically out of the water, save for his tail. It was cold and he shivered involuntarily but he was focused on the girl, making sure she was ok. He really hoped he wouldn't have to resuscitate her. He didn't even know how to do it.

Montserrat; Montserrat;
Sabrina Runeswell

Despite it being useless Sabrina still thrashed against the water as she attempted to fight against sinking deeper into the depths. Still, the more she struggled the more her lungs burned and the tighter the cramp in her leg became. Just as her vision began to black out she caught a glimpse of someone rushing towards her before it all faded to darkness.

Sabrina had a strange dream then, or perhaps it was a nightmare. It was from a time back when she and her ex were together. People did often say when faced with a life or death situation past regrets would often surface but she so badly wished it didn't have to be this. This was one of the times the scars from her past still hadn't properly healed. Dreaming about Liam just meant she clearly still wasn't over it...over him.

What made it worse was that as the dream progressed she had no control over the outcome. Despite how much she knew he hurt her she still had to watch herself go through the mistakes that led up to that great hurt the last time. She felt pain in her chest as the the scenes of the dream continued. Finally Liam made moves to close the distance between them. To kiss her, the very last thing that Sabrina wanted to happen. Still she couldn't resist, she could say no. She was forced to endure, but right before his lips met hers Sabrina gasped and was brought back to reality.

Her jade colored eyes were wild as she scanned around her surroundings to get her bearing. Above her was the boy she saw earlier, dripping wet with his hands on her chest, and hovering a dangerous distance to her lips. Sabrina didn't get to ask the questions that were instantly filling up her mind instead she coughed, continuously as the water she had ingested came back up. Once her coughing fit was over she struggled to regain her breath as she shivered from the cold.

"Acho!" Sabrina let out a light pitched sneeze as she wrapped her arms around herself before turning her piercing gaze to the dark haired boy before her. "I uh..." she searched for the right words. What a day this had been already. "Thank you...for saving me..." she muttered bashfully. That's when she took notice of his tail. Tilting her head to the side she continued to give him a once over.

"You must be the half siren I've heard about..." she mused aloud. It wasn't an unthinkable thing for Sabrina to keep tabs on the other half-breeds as well. Sirens were interesting since the Veela and Siren were often compared to one another and thought to be ancient 'relatives' of sorts. Sabrina hadn't really been friends with other half-breeds, which now that she thought about it she considered odd.

Perhaps she was just too concerned about herself to really give it a try before. Still, the chance that she would be able to possibly talk to someone that more than a little bit understood what she was going through seemed too good of an opportunity to pass up. She was still hesitant though. The last time she willingly gave her heart out to someone it came back to her shattered. Of course that was a special case but the last thing Sabrina wanted was to get hurt again.

But she was also aware she desperately needed help. She felt like she was drowning, and not literally this time. "What were you doing out here anyway? I thought I was by myself." Sabrina spoke up once she snapped out of her thoughts. This wasn't Sabrina at her best, but it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Still, she was trying and that was a good first step.

Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis

She wasn't moving and she wasn't breathing. "Oh no, no, no" He was trembling now as he turned her on her back. His hands were shaking but he wasn't sure if it was from the cold or from the panic that was steadily building up in him. There was no way he could alert a teacher on time like this. With his tail still wet it would take him a good five minutes of extreme concentration to will his tail back into legs. Hesitating for a few more seconds, he finally decided to do some very crude chest compressions, praying to whoever was willing to listen that it would work.

He had been growing desperate and was about to try CPR when she opened her eyes and rolled over to cough up all the water she had swallowed from her fall. "Δόξα σοι!" He praised god in relief and awkwardly scooted closer to pat her back in a comforting manner. He chuckled when she sneezed and smiled. "You're ok." He said as she struggled with finding the words to thank him.

"No worries." He said in response to her thanks and, seeing how she seemed to be in no immediate risk, he slided back towards the water in an attempt to keep himself somewhat warmer. Unlike her, he was completely naked. Well.... his scales did make for a really fancy tail cover, but he was bare chested and wet, in Scotland, in Autumn.

"Yup! You can call me Arion or FIshface though. I answer to both." He replied to her musings and shivered once more as she demanded to know what he was doing out here, even though she was still frazzled. He quirked an eyebrow at her question. "You know.... half-siren, big body of water, friendly Giant Squid...." He said casually. "Makes more sense for me to be here than you dangling from the rocks." Then his mind clicked and he pulled his wand from the strap on his left arm. "Accio towel" He incanted and it took about a minute, but a large, fluffy white towel came zooming over to them. "Here." He offered her the towel.

"But to answer your question, I was having fun with the Giant squid. He had been making a short of underwater obstacle course for me, to keep my swimming skills sharp."

Montserrat; Montserrat;
Sabrina Runeswell

Sabrina's gaze followed as the half-breed made his way back to the water before he turned towards her with a smile. "Yup! You can call me Arion or Fishface though, I answer to both." Sabrina nodded as she continued to wrap her arms around herself. Mostly because she was cold but her top was also white so if she didn't cover herself she risked letting the siren boy see her undergarments once more.

"You know.... half-siren, big body of water, friendly Giant Squid...." He said casually. "Makes more sense for me to be here than you dangling from the rocks." Sabrina couldn't help it as her cheeks puffed out and she looked away from him in a huff, "What? So a girl can't go for a walk and it not make sense?" she replied with a pout. "This is one of my favorite spots to come think. I never really see people here so I was curious." She continued to pout in her corner as she spoke to him.

"Accio towel" no sooner had he finished shouting the spell a fluffy white towel came flying towards them. "Here." he offered her the towel which Sabrina gladly took. "Thank you," she muttered softly as she reached for it and sat back down. She quickly wrapped herself in the towel and immediately sighed as the warmth started to envelop her. Finally realizing she didn't just have to suffer she used her brain for once since starting this conversation and pulled out her own wand. "Focillo" she whispered as a warmth extended from the tip of her wand towards her body.

"But to answer your question, I was having fun with the Giant squid. He had been making a short of underwater obstacle course for me, to keep my swimming skills sharp." Sabrina nodded as her gaze fixated on him once more. "Interesting friendship," she commented before placing her wand on her lap. She pulled her wet hair back as she twisted the pink locks around before fastening it into a high ponytail. "Do you often participate in these...obstacle courses?" She asked as she went back to warming up. She'd use the hot air charm once she felt warm enough.

Sabrina pursed her lips. She realized a little late this might come off aggressive. Her questions almost felt like she was interrogating him or interviewing him for something. "Uh, I'm Sabrina by the way. Though I'm sure you know that." She said as she tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "If you could do me a favor, forget that you saw me crying earlier. I was...I thought I was alone." She said as she quickly waved her wand before a jet of hot air blew at her and her clothes began to quickly dry.

Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis

Having managed to get a proper look at her without fretting over her safety, Arion had managed to recognize her as one of the Runeswell sisters. The one that also happened to be the captain of Slytherin's duelling team. But he had to admit that he knew more about the social life and gossips of the merman community of the Black Lake than he did of Hogwarts. So her exact name was escaping him at the moment. Spending much of his free time in the water was to blame he supposed. "Well, it all depends on how the Giant Squid is feeling at any particular day. Sometimes he is really lazy and all he wants to do is float about. But I do spend a lot of my free time exploring the Black Lake." Arionas admitted to her question about just how much time he spend with the Giant Squid. The tone of her voice did not escape him, but he chose to not pay much attention to it. Over the years he had found out that you could only take offense and give rise to tensions if you chose to do it. In his experience so far, ignoring some things worked better than reacting to every little thing thrown your way.

A slight blush of embarrassment tinted his cheeks as she said her name and expectation of being recognized already. True he had recognized her, but not fully. He knew some of his mates would roast him for not knowing one of the most popular girls in school, but what could he say? He just wasn't that much into social networking. "I uh... Well I knew who you are. Just couldn't put a name on it." He said and he immediately regretted the way he had said it. "Wait... no, that came out wrong. Sorry." He said with an embarrassed grunt and paused for a brief moment as he tried to suppress another shiver and prevent his teeth from starting to chatter. He was growing increasingly colder, but he didn't want to change into his clothes while half wet and you would have expected he had managed to master a couple of warming spells over the years of doing this, but you would be wrong. Arionas' strengths lied with Botany, Astronomy and water based magic. So he simply had to stay in the water until she was done using his towel.

"I wasn't going to say anything even if you didn't ask me to. I don't jab my nose into other people's business, but if whatever caused you to cry also gave you that leg injury, maybe you should ask for help from the teachers." He suggested on a more serious tone. "If you have the patience to let me dry out of my tail I can help you to the Hospital Wing."

Montserrat; Montserrat;
Sabrina Runeswell

"I uh... Well I knew who you were. Just couldn't put a name on it." Arion admitted sheepishly. Sabrina raised a quizzical eyebrow at him to which he immediately backtracked, "Wait... no, that came out wrong. Sorry." he apologized which only made Sabrina laugh out loud. For the first time today, she genuinely laughed. "Now that's something I haven't heard before." Sabrina continued with a chuckle. It was true, there definitely not that many people at Hogwarts that didn't know about her.

That wasn't the issue though. She could tell by his mannerisms and assume by his demeanor that he was the type that didn't really care to know either. This was a unique approach. One not done out of malice or envy or scorn. No, he seemed innocent, which was probably why Sabrina felt so comfortable here still, even after her embarrassing display. "Ari, can I call you Ari? I think I like that nickname better than Fishface," she said with a smile, "I like you, you're very interesting." She admitted as she leaned forward.

"I wasn't going to say anything even if you didn't ask me to. I don't jab my nose into other people's business, but if whatever caused you to cry also gave you that leg injury, maybe you should ask for help from the teachers." Sabrina shook her head before tilting it to the side. She wouldn't be seeking help, especially not from the matron in the hospital wing. She didn't want extra pair of eyes on her or pointless questions thrown at her. "If you have the patience to let me dry out of my tail I can help you to the Hospital Wing."

Sabrina tapped a slender finger on her chin as she studied him. "Is that how it works?" she mused as she look at his tail once more before unwrapping the towel from her shoulders. She was thoroughly dry now. "Why didn't you just say so? It's just your luck that I'm rather crafty with magic. I can have you dry in no time~" Sabrina practically purred at him as she flashed him a wink. It already seemed as if she was slowly coming back to her usual self.

The veela flicked her wand at the damp towel in her hands and it dried once more. "Here you are," she said as she reached forward to return to him his towel. She twirled her wand through her fingers as she motioned for him to join her. "I appreciate your help though. The hospital wing won't be necessary though." she brought up his previous solution and gently declined. "It was just a simple cramp. I seem to be alright now. Although I am a bit stiff." she admitted as she rubbed at her calf.

"But that's no matter, come, don't be shy I won't bite or anything I promise." she teased him again as she waited ready to help him dry so he wouldn't have to suffer the cold anymore. He attempted to hide his shivers but it didn't take a rocket scientist for Sabrina to realize that it was cold as hell out here and he was probably suffering. Besides she wanted to repay him in some sort of way. "Thank you, again. Not just for saving me but for...y'know, keeping my secret. And not asking questions. I appreciate it." she said softly.

Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis

Emerging from the water once more, eager to be enveloped in the warmth of the towel, Arionas smiled sheepishly, his ears red from the teasing tone of Sabrina. He really was just an awkward ball of nerves when people he didn't know teased him in such a manner. On one hand he wanted to take it in just like a tease that would come from his friends or his father, but on the other hand it came from people he barely knew. Boundaries were a funny thing that he hasn't been able to fully master yet. "Y-You would think after having done this for so many years, I would have learned how to use m-magic to keep myself warm." He said as he shivered, relieved to be turning himself into a burrito with the towel.

"Good to know it's nothing serious." He said as he hopped out of the water completely in that weird thing that kids usually do when they don't want to get up but want to scoot closer, his large white tail now in full view, the blue highlighted scales gleaming from the water on them. "Because the tail can go away even when I am wet. It requires a lot of concentration though. And it really hurts like you are being split apart." That last part was a bit muffled as he used the towel to rub his face dry.

As she thanked him once more, he focused on her face with an understanding expression. "No need to thank me so much Sabrina. Everybody has their own problems. But if I can be so bold as to speculate on what is going on, I would really recommend on talking about it with someone you trust. I know it works."

Montserrat; Montserrat;
Sabrina Runeswell

The Veela nodded as she watched Ari pull himself out of the water to sit beside her. He went on to explain that it was possible to retract the tail even when wet just that it wasn't ideal. Sabrina could understand what he meant. Still the whole process was quite fascinating but she didn't want to bother him with more questions. Once he was close she twirled her wand around her fingers once more before she muttered the hot air charm and began to help dry him off.

She decided she'd do the hot air charm before the drying charm to make the latter more efficient. "No need to thank me so much Sabrina. Everybody has their own problems. But if I can be so bold as to speculate on what is going on, I would really recommend on talking about it with someone you trust. I know it works." Sabrina scoffed at the notion. Not because she didn't believe in it working but rather she had no one to actually talk to.

She couldn't go to her sister about what she was dealing with, Anice would pop a blood vessel and probably just end up making things worse. Trying to find some 'political' way to deal with the situation. Then there was Garaile, no one ever went to Garaile for advice. Ever. Besides if she told them, while she might relish in the ruin Garaile would surely rain down on them, in the end it wouldn't solve her problem.

Someone else later on down the road would just take their place. After those two Sabrina didn't really have anybody else. Despite being the most popular girl in school she really didn't have that many friends. In fact, contrary to everyone's beliefs while maintaining her popularity Sabrina probably was also single handedly the most lonely person in Hogwarts.

"Impossible," She replied with a frown. "I don't have anyone to talk to." She admitted spitefully as she quickly did a series of wand motions and produced the drying charm for him. "You're actually the first person I've managed to remotely open up to in a long time." She shook her head before shrugging. "You should be dry soon." She said quickly changing the subject before putting away her wand.

Unknown
Arionas Nikolaidis
Appearance: Swim trunks

Feeling the warmth returning to his limps, Arion focused on switching from his tail to his legs. The scales seemed to sink into his flesh and the fins appeared to melt away as his tail split into two. As his toes finally formed, Arionas allowed his focus to drift on what Sabrina was talking about. "You're actually the first person I've managed to remotely open up to in a long time." He looked up at her curiously. "Guess you should fall into the water more often." He said lightheartedly and got up, revealing that he was wearing swim trunks and had not sifted butt naked. The cartoon sharks swam happily around the sea that was the blue fabric. He had been very proud of this particular set of trunks as he had animated the cartoon animals himself, so he didn't mind being seen in them.

Relishing the warmth with a sigh of relief, he twirled his wand again summoning his backpack from the same direction that the towel had flown. Since he was completely dry, he might as well get dressed.

Montserrat; Montserrat;
Sabrina Runeswell

Outfit:
Sabrina's Outfit
Sabrina watched curiously as Ari focused on his tail while talking to him. She watched as the scales began to shimmer and sink into his flesh before melting away. The process was nowhere near as 'magical' as they made it seem on television show's, and Sabrina had to be honest she was left disappointed. But that was alright, real life was never like what tv shows made it out to be, this she knew personally.

"Guess you should fall into the water more often." Ari said with a smile as he got up from where he was sitting. He finally had two legs instead of a tail so it seemed her work was done. Aquamarine colored eyes focused on him as his response brought forth a light chuckle from her. She'd rather not make it a habit to fall into lakes, but she did enjoy the company.

That's when movement caught her eye and Sabrina's gaze turned downwards to his choice of trunks. It appeared the cartoon sharks had been animated as the 'swam' around the cool blue toned fabric. Sabrina attempted to stifle a giggle but she couldn't help but let it slip through. Sabrina was no fashion expert....well that was lie, she practically was, (it was in her blood) and while the trunks looking ridiculously childish they were cute in a way.

"Cute swim trunks." She said as she got up from where she was sitting and dusted herself off as she watched Arionas summon his belongings. "Well," she said with a sigh, "Guess I should leave you to get dressed in peace." She thought about how Anice must be looking for her by now. Some assignment or the other on her mind. Sabrina shouldn't keep her waiting but maybe she could take a detour and see what Garaile was up to. "It was nice talking to you Ari." she purred softly with a smile. The pink haired Veela offered the Siren a wave before turning her back to him and heading back towards campus.