The Wedding of King Coello and The Dragon Queen, part 3: Married at Last. April 12th, 2PMEST to 5PMEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckycoolHawk9

You Are Far Too Nice, Mercy Has a Price
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male

It's time for a wedding.

The king is getting married to the Dragon Queen.

It's such a happy-

WHO INVITED the WITCH?

Oh boy.....

And to make matters worse, the witch has now been poisoned. Sure, she's a piece of work.....

But she's important.

And she was rescued.

Now please enjoy the wedding...

The king demands it.

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:
You are a resident of Starlight Kingdom . ( Or one of the previous characters you played)

When: April 5th 2PM EST/1PM CST. It ends at 5

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. This won't be an easy save.

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.​

1609107571077.png

Adalheidis Hinriksdottir

Adalheidis is the daughter of the chieftain of the Hjalmar people. They are forest-dwelling warriors who have had tense relations with the Starlight Kingdom in the past. But now Thane Hinrik wants to make peace with King Coello, and to this end, he has sent Adalheidis with a negotiating party seeking to offer her in marriage to his son the Prince, whether she likes the idea or not.

To say that things did not go according to plan is quite the understatement. But the failure of one plan leaves an opening for another, and thus far it seems that Adalheidis has managed to extricate herself from the unwanted marriage and make a proposal of her own--to bring the lovely and wise Milenia Destin back to Hjalmar as a new advisor to her father's court, and with a little luck, perhaps something more.

Though Adalheidis managed to navigate her people through the perils of the conflict between the Witch and the Dragon Queen and steer the situation toward what seemed to be a happy conclusion, it fell to her to represent Hjalmar at the upcoming wedding of the King of the Starlight Kingdom and the woman who had been the Dragon Queen.

With the Kingdom caught in the crossfire between the magical powers of the Witch, a time-traveler who claimed not to be a Wizard, yet wielded incomprehensible powers just the same, and a King who proved to be much more than he seemed, Adalheidis had only one mission: get her people out of the Starlight Kingdom alive.

But the King wanted them to remain as guests at his wedding, and he would not take 'no' for an answer...

1613232288530.png

Name:
Cerys Adi-Tziyona
Background: Cerys is a cousin to the Prince. Her mother died in childbirth, and her father died of wounds suffered in battle, leading the nation's army against a rival kingdom that saw King Coello's disappearance as an opportunity to conquer the Starlight Kingdom.

She is now a ward of the the House of Aposynne, though Aerys and Kaladra farmed her out to nannies to raise. She has lived a sheltered life, and is unaware of their ambitions to rule the Kingdom.

Kaladra used her as a pawn in a plot to poison the Witch, and when that plot failed, was turned into a pug like her husband. Whether that makes her the heir to the House of Aposynne or not is up in the air--as is everything else in a kingdom subject to the whims of all-powerful magical beings.

Now she has a wedding to attend, and with any luck, survive...

Personality: Cerys is intelligent but naive, and tends to see the good in people rather than the evil they hide. She has no desire to rule the Starlight Kingdom. In fact the prospect is rather terrifying to her. She would much rather indulge her curiosity in the Library, or find peace in the beauty of the royal gardens.

I have home nurse training for Mum that day, so I am not gonna make it D:

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Name: Prince Henry Coello
Nicknames: Floppykins, Prince Dreamy, Prince Jackass,
Appearance:
1603727302396.png

Prince Henry is clean shaven and stands at a regal tall six feet tall. He dresses himself well and loves to come across nicer than he is with a perpetual smile and always carry some sort of flowers. He also has a scar across his hand from an incident with a cat.

1603727437794.png

Personality: Henry is the worst type of Prince. He can act kind and nice when it benefits him, but undeneath he is a spoiled, entitled asshole who is used to getting his way and doesn't care about others. He says it's a quirk and not a personality flaw. However, recently, he has learned how to show some empathy as well as caring, though.... he still has stuff to learn.

Bio: Known facts: He was a rabbit turned by a witch into a prince due to the King being unable to have children. Recently he became a shapeshifter who stays human. He was betrothed to a lesbian and had his soon to be mother in law interested but that resolved itself and she is now marrying his dad. He doesn't have much of a choice in attending the wedding.

Extra: He's bi.

Name: Adam Daniel Robert Brandon Maxwell Knight
Nickname: Unknown
Appearance: In his mortal form, he has medium brown hair along with the most spectcular blue eyes that you could imagine. He has a nice sculpted face and has a faint aftershadow. He typically wears a gray fedora on his head along with a surfboard necklace and a watch. His attire consists of a gray dress shirt, black jeans and dress shoes. He towers most mortals being seven feet tall. He sometimes carries his hero sword by his side.

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 8.12.20 PM.png

Personality: He is a man who is kind to all of the people he meets, even if they have done bad things in the past. He however also is incredibly forgetful due to the nature of being a time traveler ( despite being a "god of knowledge") can't tell you many details. He also doesn't exist on a linear timeline so he is often hopping to events in the past making him come off a strange to anyone he encounters.
Bio: Known Facts: Not much really except he came to be from the kingdom in the future. He also knows Molly because she will be his future mother in law. He also comes from a line of Greek Gods and angels.... which you know tells what strangest the kingdom will come up too. It is however uncertain if he is a descendant of the King or the Prince.
Extra: Due to the nature of time travel, his appearance has shifted and he doesn't know why.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.08.14 PM.png

(Face claim: Misha Collins)
Name: King Gregory Coello

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.13.11 PM.png

(Face claim: Angelina Jolie)
Name: Formerly known as the Dragon Queen, her real name was Jolene Thorn

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.20.09 PM.png

Name: Mandy Falcon, AKA The witch

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    It was finally time for the wedding.... which was not a hostage situation. Why would you think that?

Today at 11:58 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys huddled close to the fierce-looking warrior-woman from the North. "What do we do?" she whispered. Adalheidis crouched down to the child, waving her men close enough that they could also hear what she would have to say. "Child, has it ever been so for you, that the adults are content to ignore you so long as you are quiet, and go about their business as if you are not there?" she whispered. Cerys nodded. "Then that is what we will do."

Today at 12:12 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Henry knew these moods of his father and he wasn't about to do anything at the moment to upset him. It seemed though that everything was going just fine and well.

Today at 12:13 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "So, where's the priest that's going to marry you?" Mandy asked the king. If looks could kill, she would be dead.

Today at 12:14 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam hadn't even noticed that detail was missing until now.

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "He's right-"

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The priest was indeed gone..... or rather there was no one in the spot

Today at 12:15 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "You would have us be obedient children, instead of warriors?" one of the men hissed. Adalheidis turned to him. "Look at your sword. Look at your axe." The man's face reddened with anger, for both of his fine weapons had been turned into useless toys. "There is no possibility of battle here, or of honor. Now there is only surv--" Motion from the corner of her eye. ~HIC!~ Lady Milenia swayed on her feet. She had apparently run out of mulled wine, and availed herself of a stein of mead. Tilting back her head and raising the bottom of the cup toward the vaulted ceiling, she drained that, leaning back to get the last drops. And back, and back, until it was clear she was about to go all the way back and topple to the floor. Adalheidis was quick to rise and move to catch her. "Well...hello there," she said to the bleary-eyed Royal Advisor, who somehow managed a smouldering gaze before her eyelids slipped closed and her body went limp. Adalheidis eased her to the floor, taking off her cloak with one hand and using its folds partially as a pillow, partially to drape over the Advisor's prone form. With gestures, she moved her men to stand all around her. "Watch her," she said to Cerys. "If she should awaken, make sure she stays quiet," she whispered to the girl.

Today at 12:24 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Well, that is certainly *great*. I highly doubt that anyone here has credientials to marry us-"

Today at 12:26 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The witch would pause a beat. " Now, I wouldn't say that. The guard I turned into a child also worked as a deacon."

Today at 12:27 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam just stared at everything that was happening and processing it all. " The witch isn't seriously be suggesting a child marry us?" Jolene asked.

Today at 12:28 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Henry looked over at the guard in question who was still a toddler and napping quite peacefully holding his toy sword.

Today at 12:29 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis rolled her eyes, then gave a look to her party's Shaman and gave a subtle shake of her head. Let the gods solve their own damn problems!

Today at 12:36 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam would walk over to her. " You know, they mention this was a disaster of a wedding in the history books but boy, they don't cover how badly fucked up it is."

Today at 12:37 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Well. At least there are history books," Adalheidis said. "Could you employ your knowledge of the future to offer them a few short cuts and get this over with?"

Today at 12:41 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam considered for a moment. " Well, obviously, the guard needs to be an adult to marry them but we need to get the witch some sort of elixir because of the poison making her magic not powerful enough to undo the original spell that she had casted

Today at 12:46 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis nodded. "Well good luck then," she said, then turned back to silently watching the proceedings. I am a quiet child...ignore me, she thought, and go about your business.

Today at 12:49 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam didn't actually move. " Actually, unlike the last one, this one kind of doesn't need me to interfere at all, it will probably take them a few minutes to figure out the what."

Today at 12:51 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis nodded again, holding her tongue. For gods, they don't seem to be very bright.

Today at 12:55 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Hey can't you like undo the spell you casted?" Henry asked the witch.

Today at 12:57 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Why yes, I could. But you know- being poisoned makes casting magic harder." She shot a nasty glance at Cerys as she said this

Today at 12:58 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys cringed at the Witch's glance. So much for the Witch's promise not to blame her. But one did not argue with adults, especially angry adults, especially when those adults had unlimited power.

Today at 1:00 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam let loose one of those heavy sighs that indicated that he knew the witch well enough to know that she was great at taking back all of her words. " Yeah, wow, she only took a few seconds to blame the kid.. got to love in-laws."

Today at 1:06 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Didn't he say she was his mother? Adalheidis thought, but she kept her mouth shut. She moved to interpose herself between Cerys and the Witch. Not that she could do anything to protect the child, but perhaps if the girl was out of sight, she would also be out of mind.

Today at 1:11 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam fiddled with his arm. God, why couldn't something or someone knock him out? He would love to just get out of this hell of a day. He also avoided looking at the ex-nobles who were both dogs. He did not even want to think about what the two of them were up to either. " Well, regardless, I can't undo the spell without some form of restoring powers. Of course, there is the other easier spell where I just take some years from the guests and give them to the kid."

Today at 1:15 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis ground her teeth in anger. "Thank you so much for saving her," she said to the time-traveler. "Seriously?" she said to the Witch. "You can turn us all into chickens on a whim, but you can't conjure a priest from the next village over, or just have a marriage without one? Why would you even need a mortal officiant, rather than calling upon another member of your pantheon?"

Today at 1:23 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam offered a shrug. " I'm assuming that is sarcasm, but it's family, so there never was a choice for me."

Today at 1:31 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mandy looked over at her. " Power doesn't make you a god and while the King is certainly powerful, he isn't a god. As for all my great feats, they come from me being 100%. The fact of the matter is, the forcefield prevents transportation from outside the kingdom and in my state, he might be dead. It's a mortal thing to need a priest. Even royalty needs to seem human."

Today at 1:33 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis sighed. "Do you have any specific requirements in an officiant? I am a Than'ii of Hjalmar...roughly what this place would call a Princess. Would that do?"

Today at 1:41 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The King considered this for a moment. " You know- this technically fulfills the other thing so you don't have to marry anyone in the kingdom."

Today at 2:01 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Even better. Let's do this then," Adalheidis said, stepping forward. "Shall we begin?"

Today at 2:06 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam checked his watch and counted. " 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....."

Today at 2:17 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    At the sound of 1, a downpour started

Today at 2:17 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis suppressed a groan. "Can someone snap their fingers and clear this up, or shall we retire to the Great Hall? Or if you wish, I will wed the two of you in rain, snow, or hail."

Today at 2:24 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "No, the Great Hall will do. I don't want my wedding day to be ruined by a downpour." Lightning started to strike the courtyard, narrowly missing the dogs,

Today at 2:26 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "My hair is not equipped for this weather and I rather not have someone die, inside NOW."

Today at 2:26 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Very well then, let us proceed," Adalheidis said, then turned to the King. "If you would please open the doors, Your Grace?" she said, turning to lead the way inside. As she passed by her men, she said sotto voce, "Pick her up gently and carry her inside please, and keep the child out of sight."

Today at 2:34 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    King Gregory Coello threw the doors to the castle open.. or rather the doors open because they might have been a little terrified of the man. Everyone would could rushing in as Henry would grab his two dogs to bring them inside. The very last person to enter the room was Adam, making sure that nobody was left behind.

Today at 2:37 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "True love has been keep waiting far too long already," Adalheidis said. "May we begin, or does anyone need a stylist to attend to their hair?" Little bitch, she thought, but she kept that to herself.

55 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Surprisingly or hillariously, both the King and Jolene's hair and clothes had no drop of water on them. It was actually kind of freaky. " I think we are ready to begin," he replied, looking over to see that the time traveler had dragged the sleeping baby guard in as well.

52 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Excellent," Adalheidis said, stepping into her place. Naturally, she did not share in the King and Jolene's magical protection, but being a Warrior, she did not need to. "Lord, Ladies, and people of the Starlight Kingdom, and Warriors of Hjalmar, we are gathered here today to celebrate the handfasting of His Grace King Gregory Coello, and Her Grace Jolene Thorn, the Dragon Queen, may their union endure as the stars. Do you, Jolene Thorn, take this man, Gregory Coello, to be your husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

44 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I do."

43 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Adalheidis bowed her head to her in acknowledgement, then turned to the King. Do you, Gregory Coello, take this woman, Jolene Thorn, to be your wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

41 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I do."

40 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "The ribbon, please?" Adalheidis said. Somebody bloody BETTER have the ribbon! she thought. Cerys looked around, spotted a nervous-looking steward with the folded ribbon in his hands, and a look on his face that said he didn't want to go anywhere near the center of the proceedings, given all the crazy stuff that seemed to go on. She hurried over and held out her hands. Gratefully, he handed it over to her. She turned, hurried to the main aisle, then walked up with her best effort at a regal pace. Adalheidis smiled at the girl, and took it from her with ceremonial gravity. "Join hands please," she said to the royal couple. Asking if there are any objections? Adalheidis thought. Oops, I forgot that part. Besides, no one gets to object to the wedding of a King. She raised the folded ribbon overhead. "By the authority invested in me as daughter of Thane Hindrik of Hjalmar, and by the blessing of the All-Father and the All-Mother," she said, ceremonially wrapping the ribbon around their arms, "I pronounce you husband and wife, sovereign King and Queen of the Starlight Kingdom! You may kiss the bride."

31 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory didn't need to be told twice as he kissed the bride. Henry covered his eyes. "I think that is enough wedding for me......"

29 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam looked at the clock and noticed that it was almost midnight. He put the guard down on the floor The clock struck and he disappeared, sti... to some other time. Mandy had disappeared as well.

27 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " It's a bit too late for an after party, so you all can stay and leave in the morning," The king added.

27 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Thank you, Your Grace, and congratulations," Adalheidis said. "By your leave, we will all retire for the night." She put a hand on Cerys' shoulder, ready to lead her away as soon as it would be polite to do so.

24 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Gods and goddesses be praised, we ride from here at first light, Adalheidis thought. Cerys looked up at her, hope dawning in her eyes. Adalheidis gave the child's shoulder a little squeeze. Maybe, just maybe, this nightmare was about to be over.

19 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Everything went quietly that night and everyone could leave in the morning..... it seemed that the wedding was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.