The Wedding of King Coello and The Dragon Queen, Part 2: How to save a Life March 22nd, 2PM EST to 5PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckycoolHawk9

You Are Far Too Nice, Mercy Has a Price
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
It's time for a wedding.

The king is getting married to the Dragon Queen.

It's such a happy-

WHO INVITED the WITCH?

Oh boy.....

And to make matters worse, the witch has now been poisoned. Sure, she's a piece of work.....

But she's important.

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:
You are a resident of Starlight Kingdom . ( Or one of the previous characters you played)

When: March 22nd 2PM EST/1PM CST. It ends at 5

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.​

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. This won't be an easy save.

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.

Last edited:
Name: Prince Henry Coello
Nicknames: Floppykins, Prince Dreamy, Prince Jackass,
Appearance:
1603727302396.png

Prince Henry is clean shaven and stands at a regal tall six feet tall. He dresses himself well and loves to come across nicer than he is with a perpetual smile and always carry some sort of flowers. He also has a scar across his hand from an incident with a cat.

1603727437794.png

Personality: Henry is the worst type of Prince. He can act kind and nice when it benefits him, but undeneath he is a spoiled, entitled asshole who is used to getting his way and doesn't care about others. He says it's a quirk and not a personality flaw. However, recently, he has learned how to show some empathy as well as caring, though.... he still has stuff to learn.

Bio: Known facts: He was a rabbit turned by a witch into a prince due to the King being unable to have children. Recently he became a shapeshifter who stays human. He was betrothed to a lesbian and had his soon to be mother in law interested but that resolved itself and she is now marrying his dad. He doesn't have much of a choice in attending the wedding.

Extra: He's bi.

Name: Adam Daniel Robert Brandon Maxwell Knight
Nickname: Unknown
Appearance: In his mortal form, he has medium brown hair along with the most spectcular blue eyes that you could imagine. He has a nice sculpted face and has a faint aftershadow. He typically wears a gray fedora on his head along with a surfboard necklace and a watch. His attire consists of a gray dress shirt, black jeans and dress shoes. He towers most mortals being seven feet tall. He sometimes carries his hero sword by his side.

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 8.12.20 PM.png

Personality: He is a man who is kind to all of the people he meets, even if they have done bad things in the past. He however also is incredibly forgetful due to the nature of being a time traveler ( despite being a "god of knowledge") can't tell you many details. He also doesn't exist on a linear timeline so he is often hopping to events in the past making him come off a strange to anyone he encounters.
Bio: Known Facts: Not much really except he came to be from the kingdom in the future. He also knows Molly because she will be his future mother in law. He also comes from a line of Greek Gods and angels.... which you know tells what strangest the kingdom will come up too. It is however uncertain if he is a descendant of the King or the Prince.
Extra: Due to the nature of time travel, his appearance has shifted and he doesn't know why.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.08.14 PM.png

(Face claim: Misha Collins)
Name: King Gregory Coello

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.13.11 PM.png

(Face claim: Angelina Jolie)
Name: Formerly known as the Dragon Queen, her real name was Jolene Thorn

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.20.09 PM.png

Name: Mandy Falcon, AKA The witch

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Previously, a wedding was supposed to happen between the king and his wife, but between a time traveler and a poisoning- well.....there wasn't. So, now the witch is dying from poison......turns out she is important to the future of the kingdom.

Today at 12:00 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Prince Henry tilted his head. " I don't know anything about a maze in the castle." Adam just let loose one of those sighs that can only be described as someone who had explained this before.

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    '"The castle has a ton of secret passageways in it, but no, you would know about a maze because it's below the castle," Adam added.

Today at 12:04 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "So she wards the Kingdom against woodland creatures," Kaladra said to the time-traveler. "And how many of those are people, cursed by her whims? But if her death makes her magic permanent, then shall we not still have her wards? If you need her, take her, and sire your future wife upon her if you wish. We will take care of ourselves with you--and her--gone."

Today at 12:05 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory listened to him. " You wouldn't happen to be talking about the legend that the this kingdom used to be Atlantis and held some of the Fountain of the Youth water that heals anything?" Adam would nod.

Today at 12:06 PM

• Diana:
    As usual Milenia has had enough of all this nonsense, but also, is very very drunk on wedding wine. "I suppose we should get on with the search then, we can't have the castle over-run with even more angry forests monsters that weren't invited!" She still sounded like she was sniffling a bit, but at least now her tears had been stifled. Milenia also didn't wait for anybody for she was too snockered to think as clearly as usual.

Today at 12:07 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys ran to Milenia. There was literally no one else in the world she could trust.

Today at 12:07 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "So...we're going to save her then?" Adalheidis said. "We Hjalmar have learned to live with the forest creatures. And at least no one turns us into them."

Today at 12:09 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam would look at Kaladra with a scrunched face. " One, eww, gross. That's incest. I know it's a really big thing back now, but trust me, it's kind of gross in the future.

Today at 12:09 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "But it does give you a fitting origin story," Kaladra snapped.

Today at 12:10 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    He would pause for a beat. " And there's kind of something about the wards that are important. She does actually die in the future before the wards are taken down and well, while that is great for you know, no one invaded, it's kind of bad when this whole place is an island."

Today at 12:10 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "First you threaten us with the loss of her wards, now you threaten us with their continuance," Kaladra said. "So we're doomed either way, if you're to be believed. But at least we'll be charting our own path instead being her helpless playthings."

Today at 12:13 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam shrugged. " It really doesn't matter which happens because with or without the wards, problems are going to contin-" Out of the corner of eye, Adam noticed them staring to appearing. One appeared practically under Kaladra's feet and the other under Tarrell. He didn't think he had time to save both, so he pushed Kaladra out of the way. " Those start to appear. Back home, we refer to them as travel portals. The only problem is well..... they tend to take people in and out and they can't be controlled."

Today at 12:16 PM

• Diana:
    Milenia took Cerys' hand, as the girl really and truly was safer with Milenia than most of the kingdom's nitwits, she almost missed the entire conversation in her haste to leave on their latest quest, but all the arguing was doing nothing but wasting time. "You realize you're trying to make sense of insanity! You can't reason with chaos, we've simply got to--!!" And, as expected, chaos in the form of travel portals began. "... simply got to deal with it." she sighed heavily.

Today at 12:17 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Guards, kill anything that comes out of those portals," Kaladra said. "You," she said, pointing to one, "go mobilize the Army and have them surround the Royal Keep. Warriors of Hjalmar, if this chaos is not contained here, surely it will spread to your lands as well. Will you fight with us?"

Today at 12:27 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam just let loose the heaviest sigh. " It's not that simple- if it was, then we wouldn't have problems in the future. But you know, sometimes, it takes seeing to believe. I'm heading down to where we need to go, follow me if you want, but do know, the chaos isn't something that has ever been contained." Before he waited for Kaladra to answer, he speed off into the castle and down the stairs."

Today at 12:31 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Henry looked over at Kaladra and then back at his dog. " May I ask a dumb question? If the witch is the one who cursed your husband to the pug and she dies and everything is permanent when she dies, doesn't he stay a dog?"

Today at 12:32 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Against random forces of omnipotent magic? How has this Kingdom even lasted this long?" Adalheidis said. "Sigrid, you have the fastest horse. Ride for Hjalmar and tell the people to take to the longships. Warriors! We cannot contain this chaos, but if we can slow it long enough, we can save our people."

Today at 12:33 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Look around you, you fool!" Kaladra said. "With her alive, you could be a peacock in the next moment, and your son a rabbit, and your kingdom a gingerbread castle! We can either stand against this chaos, or, what? Lay down and die? Be toys for witches and 'time traveling' wizards?"

Today at 12:36 PM

• Diana:
    Taking Cerys along with her, Milenia did the wise thing (or was it wise if she were drunk?) and followed after Adam in search of the witch's cure!

Today at 12:38 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory just let loose the longest sigh. " But there is something to be said that she hasn't done any of that. As weird as that sounds, there is something strange about her. We don't know why she did anything she did. From what my son told me and from what I understand from Milenia's report, it's often when she is provoked that she gets angry. My son does have a point though, she is the only one who can reverse the spell on your husband."

Today at 12:41 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "And cast it again whenever she likes. And do anything else she likes, to you, or her," Kaladra said with a gesture at the Dragon Queen, "or anyone else. For the first time in the history of this Kingdom, we have the chance to decide our own future, and you would squander it. By the Gods and Goddesses, be a King for once!" Kaladra grabbed a carving knife from the feast table and ran for the Witch, to finish her once and for all.

Today at 12:49 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory looked over at her and he considered what she was saying. " That may be true, but things are rarely that sim-" Despite being unconcious and dying, there was something to be said about magic. Magic was something that didn't let their host die if they could help it. The knife would float into the air and become nothing more than a toy. It would be the same for anything that was deadly in the room.

Today at 12:54 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Kaladra laughed. "She may have turned this knife into a toy just now. But you've been a toy your whole life," she said to the King. "I can see now, why you took your first chance to run away and lose yourself in feasting with the Dragon Queen. But we have one chance to stand on our feet instead of being slaves to whim. And that is to make sure that wizard does not reach her with a cure. Guards! Lock the doors, and block them with anything you can move. And you," she said to the King, "If you cannot be a King, will you not at least be a man, for one moment in your life?"

Today at 1:06 PM

• Diana:
    MEANWHILE ON THEIR WAY TO THE MAZE OF OH NOES, Milenia, with Cerys in hand and still following Adam, was very slowly coming off of her drunkness and was now feeling the effects of what was going to be a very bad hangover. "Are you sure you know where this under-castle maze is, I fear Kaladra may be more vicious and cunning than that monster husband of hers and we need to get back soon."

Today at 1:12 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory looked over at her. " Guards, don't you dare lock the doors and block them with anything you can move. That's an order for your king," he replied back to her. There was something about his blue eyes that told the guards that they did that, they wouldn't have much of a life left to live. " Maybe I needed a little break from the kingdom because of bitches like you. People who think that a title means that they can do whatever they want in the kingdom whenever they want to. As for slaves of whim, I wouldn't say that. I think if I was, I wouldn't have made sure people knew about your husband's betrayals. The only reason yo haven't been exiled is the fact that you agreed to take care of my niece. If it wasn't for that, you would very much out in the woods and on your own."

Today at 1:13 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam would look over at her. " Well, thankfully, I have some knowledge of this maze from exploring it when I was a child. When it comes down to it, Gregory is far from the last king who is a terrible father to his child. I'm a goddamn vampire because my dad decided that security wasn't necessary when some supernaturals visited the kingdom. So, before I found a way to actually go outside, I need to be underground for a while." He would take a moment to it. " Oh, I can certainly see that."

Today at 1:16 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Can I...can I go with you?" Cerys said. "I'm sorry...I never meant to try to kill anyone," she said, struggling to hold back sobs and maintain the bearing a Duchess should. "When you save her, she's going to be very mad. Will she turn me into an animal?"

Today at 1:17 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam would look over at her. " I believe you that you didn't mean to kill anyone. Oh yeah, she's going to be mad, but i won't let her turn you into a animal. I may not be a wizard, but I know basic deflection spells and containment ones. When it comes to it, the kingdom- actually, honestly, it's not a kingdom in the future anymore. It's a city, which is a lot better when it comes to it. As good as kings are, they are for a lifetime...as opposed to small authorities who can be replaced."

Today at 1:20 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "You have a choice," Kaladra said to the guards. "You can be men in a world where it means something to be a man, or you can be toy soldiers with toy swords for the witch and her wizard son to play with. The choice is yours. Follow me, for the only chance at freedom you will ever have, or this toy king into a toybox kingdom!"

Today at 1:21 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "But she could just do it after you leave," Cerys said. "Can I go with you?" she said to Milenia.

Today at 1:22 PM

• Diana:
    This poor girl was scared to death! "Of course you can stay with me! It's my job to advise the and protect the royal family until I leave, and I haven't left yet..." Which made her just as insane as the rest of them, Milenia supposed, but she certainly was never going to abandon someone in need.

Today at 1:26 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory's blue eyes were glowing. " I would gratefully advise against that. Have you ever noticed something about the witch? When it came down to it, the witch has only used magic when I was away. It does seem rather strange doesn't it?" It was obvious now that the glowing eyes were showing something to the kingdom. It was a wonder why the witch only now started to fuck with the kingdom. It turned out the reason was the king himself. He was bouncing power.

Today at 1:31 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam would look over at her. " I did think that would be a good idea, though I think the king would protect you if you asked. I don't know if you realized, but there's a reason why very few people try to overthrow. Sure, he has the charm and charsima going for, but like he's only half-human."

Today at 1:33 PM

• Diana:
    "I shouldn't be surprised, I fought tooth and nail for such a coveted job..." Milenia really earned her position as advisor when so many others had tried for the job! For most people it seemed the daftness of the royal family didn't detract from working for powerful people. ....Milenia though was definitely not enjoying her job!

Today at 1:37 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "What can we do, Shieldmaiden?" one of Adalheidis' men said to her. All of the warriors of Hjalmar were looking aghast at their once prized swords, now flimsy toys. Obviously, their rune necklaces offered no protection against the all-powerful magical forces at work. Adalheidis looked over at the woman who had poisoned the witch. Normally, she would have ranked someone who used poison as a weapon as without honor and beneath contempt. Yet, she had found a way to strike a blow against the forces that had been toying with people--the Prince, the Dragon Queen, the woman's husband--while everyone else, Adalheidis included, had proved utterly helpless. "What can we do, in the sandbox of the gods? We did not come here to fight, nor is it our place to meddle in the affairs of this kingdom, if we were able, which we are not. If we can, we will return to Hjalmar."

Today at 1:38 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Kaladra laughed. "Of course. What else would you be but one more bored god playing with the mortals?" she said to the King. "Anyone else? To think I once wanted to rule this place at my husband's side! You could not pay me enough to take your crown. But on this day, one of the gods lies dying, by mortal hand. Perhaps they will save her, but remember--remember that they had to, that for one shining day they knew fear! As for me, I still have my hands!" she said, then lunged at the Witch to strangle her the rest of the way to death.

Today at 1:46 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam nodded. " Honestly, there is nothing surprising about this kingdom and that's the honest truth of the matter."

Today at 1:47 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory moved at a speed that was beyond human and grabbed her hands before she could strangle anything. " Sorry, your request was denied."

Today at 1:48 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Of course," Kaladra said, "I expected nothing else," she said as she slipped a foot from a shoe, then stepped on the Witch's necklace. "But I die on my feet," she said, coughing a pink foam of blood and saliva in the King's face before she slumped dead in his arms.

Today at 1:53 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Aerys let out a mournful howl, then ran for the Witch, to bite not her, but the poison necklace.

Today at 1:55 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Gregory wasn't sure what he expected, but it was certainly not that. " That is certainly not the ending that I expected to happen at all. But yet, something about this feels terrible off." He would gently place her down and he let the dog that was once her husband bite the poison necklace.

Today at 2:00 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The labryinth leading finally led to a door. " I actually never made it further than here. There's a puzzle on the door that boggled me."

Today at 2:08 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys threw her arms around Milenia and hugged her briefly, before realizing that it was improper and she probably shouldn't have. For awhile, she followed in silence, listening to the strange wizard. "So the King is like her? Like the witch? He has all-powerful magic too?" She turned to Milenia, with hope in her eyes. "Then you don't need to advise him anymore. People who can do anything don't need advice. So we can go?"

Today at 2:11 PM

• Diana:
    "Just because someone can do anything doesn't mean they should... and often they need someone to help them know the difference," grumbled Milenia. Oh, she had the most terrible of headaches, and she did wish it was as simple as walking away. ...after all, she'd tried several times now herself! "Besides, according to this future gentleman, if we dont save the witch we wont have much of a future." And so Milenia gave Cerys a reassurance squeeze before she stopped at the door to examine it.

Today at 2:16 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Milenia was able to recgonize that what Adam couldn't figure out was nothing. The symbols were nonsense, but on the bottom, something only a keen advisor would notice was the words " Ignore the symbols and just push the door open."

Today at 2:22 PM

• Diana:
    The sudden laugh she let out surely made her sound crazy, but of course it would be something so simple in a land where everything was nonsense. Milena smoothed her hands over her dress before doing just as the door instructed -- she shoved it open.

Today at 2:23 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The door would just open at the push and on the other side was a beautiful fountain. " Don't touch it, it makes most humans just literally de-age."

Today at 2:27 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    The hope in Cerys' eyes turned to worry. She isn't going to leave? Then she turned her attention to the door and, being shorter than the grownups, saw the hidden message, and gave the future-wizard a quizzical look. It didn't seem likely that a Wizard clever enough to have pockets bigger on the inside than they were on the outside could fail such a simple test. He's just playing with us, isn't he? she thought.

Today at 2:28 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "So we have to get some of the water for the Witch?" Cerys said, then started looking around the room for a goblet or a ladle or some other way to get water out without touching it.

Today at 2:28 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam would nod. " Yeah, that's pretty much it. I assume that there was some writing or something in the corner. I could see it, but I definitely have no clue what it said."

Today at 2:29 PM

• Diana:
    Milenia also took the opportunity to look around, if at least to make sure there wasn't some sort of hungry fountain guardian. "We need to hurry, I doubt we have much time left."

Today at 2:31 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    There was no fountain guardian that could be spoted, but there were bottles and a fishing rod to get them filled with the water.

Today at 2:32 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys pointed to the objects. "Can we touch those?"

Today at 2:34 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam looked over at them for a second and would nod. " Yeah."

57 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys gave a nod and ran over to quickly help Milenia tie a bottle to the fishing line.

55 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Then don't just stand around, Adam of the future, be useful!" Milenia ordered, even as she herself got to hooking one of the bottles to the fishing line and taking it over to the fountain for a little dip.

55 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adan took a bottle and just dipped it in the water, puling it out. It did absoultely nothing to him. " Done."

54 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    While Milenia dipped the bottle into the Fountain, Cerys looked into the shimmering water. If I jumped in, would I just go back to before I was a baby? Would that be better than being an animal as soon as the King wasn't looking? she thought.

53 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Adam looked at her. " It can't erase you, it would just make you a baby again."

48 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys gave him a startled look. So they can read minds too?! The Kingdom was becoming more terrifying by the moment. "Let's go save her," she muttered, then took Milenia's hand to hurry back through the maze.

46 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The trio would arrive to the witch on her last breath and a dead dog and Kaladra.

45 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Taking off her cloak so she could wrap it around the bottle on the line, and thus avoid touching any stray drops, she knelt by the Witch and poured some of the water into her mouth. "I'm sorry," she said softly.

44 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Milenia paused in alarm for sure to find both Kaladra and the dog dead, but quickly pushed that to the back of her mind. It seemed that things around here were not always what they appeared to be at first glance, and she honestly didn't trust anything to be true at this point!

43 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Then, using her cloak to shield her hands, Cerys grabbed the necklace and pulled it off of the Witch's neck and tossed it aside.

42 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    It was enough to bring her back to life.

42 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    At the first sign of stirrings of life, Cerys turned and ran to the warrior lady of the North. "You're leaving, aren't you? Going someplace far away?" "That's the general idea," Adalheidis said. "Take me with you! Please, I beg of you! I'll do anything!" "Our ways are very different from yours," Adalheidis replied. "Things will not be like what you're used to." Cerys nodded enthusiastically. "I'll learn your ways! I'll try very hard!"

37 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The voice of the witch broke through upon waking up. " I don't blame you, I blame the two corpses that raised you.... which reminds me..." The witch's eyes glowed as she brought them both back to life.

34 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "We will be heading in the same direction then, Lady Cerys," Milenia announced with a smile, and then a grim sort of look. "...If I make it through the wedding."

34 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "You should not have done that," Kaladra hissed. "We've already seen that creatures like you can die."

32 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " And I've already seen you're a lonely bitch. " Mandy turned and recited a spell. " It isn't quite the switch, to turn this woman into a bitch."

29 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "I hope you know they were better off dead," announced Milenia. Maybe the witch wasn't afraid of that pair, but Milenia was very much human and at risk if they ever stopped being dogs! ...and partially even AS dogs!

25 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "My apologies, Your Majesty," Adalheidis said to the King as she watched Kaladra become another pug, then turned to the Witch. "But this is a wedding of gods and goddesses, not of men and women. We brought wedding gifts, not offerings. I think it best that we returned to our people with all haste. We will leave our gifts with you if you wish, but we must go. Child, you may come with us if you like, and if no one here would gainsay your departure."

25 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Cerys clung to the warrior-woman.

21 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Sorry, but I insist that you stay. Once it's over you can leave.

21 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The gates of the castle closed shut. It looked like nobody was leaving until the ceremony was done. Stay turned for The Wedding of King Coello and the Dragon Queen Part 3: A happy Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.