The Way

K

Kino

Original poster
In the middle of a large open field surrounded by forest, stood a young dark haired man. Two double edged long-swords were crossed on his back. He wore a white sleeveless shirt and black pants, and black shoes. His hair waved a bit as the wind blew past. Arms crossed to his chest. He was waiting.

An elf child walked out of the forest and into the field. He was dressed like a noble and had long blond hair and green eyes. An elegant katana is sheathed on his back and he strolls leisurely til he reaches the dark-haired man. He stops a few feet away from the young man and the hint of a smile plays at the corner of his lips.

(Dunno why I picked an elf---usually they are skilled lol)

With the arrival of the young elf, the man opened his eyes and looked to his pupil. "My name is Kino. It is time to begin." His voice was calm and his mind focused. He began walking away from the elf and stopped roughly 15 feet away, then turned to face him as he drew his swords from his back. Kino then waited for his opponent to ready himself as well.

"Greetings....Kino," the child said while drawing his sword, "I am Jeven." He held his sword out in front of him and awaited the first strike. He knew Kino would be an interesting instructor.

There was a long pause after the two of them took their positions. Kino took this time to size up his opponent. It became apparent that he would have to make the first strike, which he had anticipated. The quiet pause was suddenly broken as Kino snapped into a running dash towards the elf. Within moments, he was within melee range, where he immediately swung his left hand sword horizontally from right to left, aimed for his opponent's midsection. At the same time, he aimed his right hand blade to stab towards the middle of the elf's chest.

Jeven watched Kino and moved quickly. He positioned his sword vertically to block his attack, his blade facing downwards.

(This is where I get stuck. I don't know exactly what else he should do.)