The Way Home [Interest Check]

M

Moonstone

Original poster
Frost kissed the land with white crystals entombing grass that had once been green over spring. Shields buried in the mud, frosted over by the snow, and weathered by the summer sun. An eerie silence lay over the fields. Fields once roaring with clashes of blades, and the murmuring of men begging to their Gods - all believing themselves blessed enough not to be touched by death's embrace. No one gained from the war. Not the Kings and Queens who believed their men's lives were less than land they desired for themselves. Nor the races they believed they could eradicate.

No soldiers came home that summer. Empty homes and lonely widows with empty beds, with children to feed. The land was morning this winter and there were a group of soldiers searching for their homes.

The RP;

A war between two human factions, over an abundant field, has laid waste to a land once rich in resources. The winter frost has begun to set in and a group of soldiers are on a journey to find their homes. The conflict is each soldier is from a different side of the war. From the elves whose land was under siege, from the two human factions that are at each other's throats due to a runaway bride and a bunk wedding, and the other woodland species who thrived on the forest to survive.

The Way Home is a Fantasy RP about a group of soldiers who survived the war, who have to work together, even if they don't want to, in order to find their way back home.

Some information;

-Elves, are a nomadic race, they tend to drift from homeland based on the seasons. They follow the migration path of the birds.
-The Two Human Factions, I am going to leave semi open, I am going to allow the individuals who chose to be the Humans of the party to create the Family Houses
-And other races are up to any other players who would like to join. Thinks Centuars, Satrys, Lizard Folk, Kobolds, whatever you can think of who might live in the woods and caves the Houses destroyed, I'll accept it

I'm interested. This rp sounds pretty awesome.
Also I love your avatar. Sailor Uranus is one of my very favorites.

I'm interested. This rp sounds pretty awesome.
Also I love your avatar. Sailor Uranus is one of my very favorites.
I really want the building process to be between the members of the RP and myself. So I'd love to have you. Let's hope this RP garners more attention than my last one

-Sakura-cardcaptor-sakura-38789633-500-375.gif

I like this theme a lot - soldiers and innocents from disparate backgrounds dealing with the consequences of decisions made by other people being forced to work together! Consider me interested :) One question: why do they need to work together? 'Home' means somewhere different for all of them, including some that no longer have it. They would be heading in different directions unless some outside factor is forcing them to stick together.

I like this theme a lot - soldiers and innocents from disparate backgrounds dealing with the consequences of decisions made by other people being forced to work together! Consider me interested :) One question: why do they need to work together? 'Home' means somewhere different for all of them, including some that no longer have it. They would be heading in different directions unless some outside factor is forcing them to stick together.

Yes - my idea is an adventure RP where an outside factor is preventing them from going directly home. Think something like the Odessey or Dante's Inferno, where tired, exhausted soldiers, who want to return home, end up in some bizarre, fantastic - even for the more fantastical of the team - outside events that go beyond the war.

I'm interested :D

Edit: Thoughts on multiple characters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey~hey~^^!!

Boo likey!! Thinking of a faerie | pixie that got her village destroyed in war and got abducted by humans then escaped to side with elves. K but like I got ls the Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is Discord required?
~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~^^!!

Hey~hey~^^!!

Boo likey!! Thinking of a faerie | pixie that got her village destroyed in war and got abducted by humans then escaped to side with elves. K but like I got ls the Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is Discord required?
~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~^^!!

-Writing level will be intermediate, some basic understanding of sentence structure, essentially
-Once a week, right now my schedule is a little inconvenient for anything else
-Fantasy, Realistic to Semi Realistic, but not real people nor anime
-Mmm, I am going to cap it between 5 and 6, maybe 7

-Not sure yet, I am going to see how many people are interested first before I make that decision
-Not required, but I will have Discord available because it will be easier for communication
-Not sure yet, I will let the players decide that and we will figure that all out

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I'm interested. o.o Do you know what the technology level will be, and will any of the races have any kind of magic?