The Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sai eyed Nick with a of surprise while Joy nudged her with her elbow, almost as if to taunt her with a 'I told you so,' kind of satisfaction. He didn't seem drunk - which she personally glad about - but this did seem a bit out of character. "Glad to be here, kind of... everything okay Nick," she asked, as she tried to examine him. Joy rolled her eyes, then covered them as if she was trying to figure out what to do.

"You are so blind! And here I am feeling some sort of pity and there is so much going on. I don't know who to follow-" Joy started.

Jenny then came to them. "Oh, he finally fess up?" Joy shook her head as Jenny shrugged. "Whatever. Seems like we can go any direction to see some sort of madness happening. Now I don't know which 'arc' you want to follow, or we can just try to do our own thing. I mean, we could use some action-"

Sai turned to look at her friends with disbelief. "You want to follow the fights and stupid debates going on? Wasn't this supposed to be a little classier than this, not some drunken stupor? This was supposed to be a lot better than this, but this is turning out to be just like every other party going on." Jenny and Joy paused. She was right. This was supposed to be a bit more private and secluded. Hard to get into. Yet this seemed like a stupid frat party.

"You're... right. Wow. Sai, you do have good brains after all. Let me see if I can find out why the Crane Club decided to change tactics. This is was a move for the worst."

Sai shook her head and looked at Nick. He at least has a level head. "What in the world is going on here. This is much worse than I thought it would be. Where's Quinn?" She was trying to avoid the guy, but he was also the one who had the most information. And as much as he could make her feel uncomfortable, she liked that he knew what was going on for the most part. "It almost feels like I am being set up," she muttered.

When Sai spoke to him the little voice in Nick's head replied, "This is a good thing, continue talking with her."

Nick wasn't blind he could tell that the evening as a whole was making Sai uncomfortable, and him trying to tell her how he felt was going to probably add to her anxiety level. He decided to wait for a better time, and just hope that there would be a better time this evening.

Nick replied, "What's going on? Well in a nut shell from what I can tell Melvin and some of the neanderthals on the wrestling team started talking down to Jason and it escalated from there. Now you asked about Quinn. Well he, Domi, and Robin have each one said something to Jason that has apparently set him further on edge. The only thing to hope for is that Mal can get him to calm down before all Hell really breaks loose."

Nick looked at Sai and said, "I know there's tension with you and Mal, but right now she might be the only thing that keeps Jason from going Nuclear. I can usually talk to him but right now. Giving him space might be the best thing to do."Nick looked around and said, "If it wasn't for the fact that Quinn is my ride out of here I would be ready to go. I gotta bad feeling about all of this. This has the makings of a disaster written all over it."

Nick looked back at Sai and said, "To be honest you're the only person I want to see here. Everyone else..." He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't care right now. All this it really isn't me at all. I hope I don't sound like I'm babbling too badly."

Status
Not open for further replies.