The Water (OOC and sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna post today, but something came up. :/ It should probably be up by tomorrow though.

Sorry, I had a busy weekend. I will start writing tonight and I should have it up by tomorrow evening. (I have work during the day) :(

Aaaaand up. Not that great, so I apologize for the quality of my first post. I think it'll get better as we go farther along.

You got nothing to be ashamed of. You're establishing Sai and how she fits. Not bad at all.

Good Job. :huge:

Great posts, everyone! Also, don't worry about not including too much in these first posts. I'm not expecting you guys to turn in huge paragraphs of writing for characters that you're not completely in tune with yet. Hell, I found that first Quinn post kind of difficult, since I wasn't sure how apathetic to make him. But yeah, I'm sure once we get the ball rolling our writing will come a bit easier and more naturally.

So, I think we're only missing Mike's introduction. Once @Phaesaris posts I'll move things forward to the party.

Also, Cwolf0615, could you tell me the name of Idony's uncle and the name of the bar he runs as well as a small description of him and his establishment? I want to include a scene there for my next post.

I still haven't posted ^^'

I will be as soon as I get this housework done. My boyfriend and I are getting ready to put our house back on the renting market, so I've been focused on getting it in tip-top shape. Sorry for the delay! I should be able to post later today or even early tomorrow if that's alright.

Also, Cwolf0615, could you tell me the name of Idony's uncle and the name of the bar he runs as well as a small description of him and his establishment? I want to include a scene there for my next post.
Alright! I'm a little bit busy at the moment, as I have piano lessons later and have to - as per usual - somehow keep track of my bratty 6 year old brother, and make sure he actually gets into bed at night. I should be able to find the time though, because other than babysitting I pretty much have no life. :P

Sorry @Jerelin! I kind of got Mallory and Sai confused there for a sec. (Cut me a break, there's seven incredibly in-depth characters to keep track of here) :p

Don't worry about it @Cwolf0615. And wow, looks like you have a few similarities with Idony, with the little brother ha ha. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @Jerelin! I kind of got Mallory and Sai confused there for a sec. (Cut me a break, there's seven incredibly in-depth characters to keep track of here) :p

Don't worry about it @Cwolf0615. And wow, looks like you have a few similarities with Idony yourself. :p
I forgive you <3 :P

Secondary Character
Name: Grant Kierstead

Appearance:
1aa661a1424567bd039dc294153e8c74.jpg

Info:

Grant Kierstead, uncle to Idony Kierstead, is the owner and operator of "Rainwater Pub", a small bar located in downtown Bridgewater, Oregon.
A single man who barely bothers to take care of his own home, Grant's real pride and joy is his bar. Though it's a somewhat sleezy establishment, known to be frequented by some less than desirable people, it is one of the few places of the sort in the area, and as such has done relatively well - causing him to be viewed as one of the more successful members of the Kierstead clan. Grant has put all his time and resources into the small business, spending most - if not all - of his time in the bar. He loves every inch of the building, from the old antique jukebox in the corner, to the hardwood floors and cracked countertops.

He's a generally friendly guy, who enjoys talking and joking with any customer willing to strike up a conversation with him. While he usually takes part in the rowdiness himself, he's not afraid to support the stereotype of the gruff barkeeper if he feels the need to do so, and is always quick to put his foot down if things get to the point that his establishment might be damaged. It's not unknown that he often allows his underage nieces and nephews to sneak in through the back door, and drink in the storeroom when it strikes their fancy - so long as they don't go too overboard. After all, he figures they're going to get it somewhere, it might as well be from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted! Sorry it took a while, the end of the school year is always busy for me.

Finally time to work on a post! I was going to do it later, but my lawn mower died in the middle of cutting the grass. :( If I thought my yard looked tacky before, it definitely does now! Argh!

Anyway, two paragraphs in. I have to go get my boyfriend from work for his lunch break in 30 minutes, so it may or may not be done before then. If it's not. It will be up in the next hour or so regardless. :)

Sorry for the wait, guys. Shouldn't have to wait on me much more. xD

Sorry about this, but make that tomorrow afternoon :(. Feeling a bit crappy tonight and I think I'll be going straight to bed soon. It'll be a longer post, since I'm attempting to do a bit of world-building with it as well as set up all of your characters meeting together at the party. Sorry everyone, but I promise it'll be worth the wait. :p

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Wow, that took a while! Sorry for the wait everyone. Also, I apologize for not including any 'hooks' for a few of you, but the post was getting way too big and I thought it'd be kind of slapdash to just have everyone be at the event at the end of the post (when it's a pretty massive party). I tried to include as many of the cast possible, but it became kind of hard to give *everyone* something to work with. For those of you not included in the post, if you need any help in figuring out what your character is doing at the party, let me know and I'll throw you guys some ideas.

So yeah, that post was meant to introduce a bit of the world and some of the mystery component. I also tried to make things a bit creepy at times. Don't know how successful I was on that end, but yeah. As always, let me know if you have any questions about anything at all (i.e maybe some information your characters should know, info about the town, ect)

@lost_wisdom -
Just finished reading the post, and I absolutely loved it!
Your writing continues to amaze me!

But um, just wanted to give some advanced notice here. I will be away from the 06/11 - 06/14, as well as from 06/26 - 07/03.
This week is looking like it will be busy, mainly because I have some doctors appointments in addition to my regular music lessons, as well as some shopping and packing to do in preparation for my departure! Um, I'm going to try to have a post up before I leave, but there is all that business, plus I have some other roleplays I've neglected and need to get to first. (My 1x1s can wait, but I have a group I need to respond to, and have been having serious writer's block in connection to - so it's been taking wayyy more time than it should. :P)

But um, yeah! Going to try to get a post up. If I don't there's a possibility I'll get to it while I'm away, since I will have internet, but my free time will be very limited so it's unlikely.

The second time I'm away, which is a long way off at this point, I won't be on at all since I'll be camping with no internet.

Well, yeah, that's all.
I hope that's okay, just figured I'd warn you guys in advance, if any of that will be a problem you can always just ignore me and/or drag my character along.

Status
Not open for further replies.