The wastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That bitch shot Joe!" a bandit growled as he looked over to his remaining partner. "Patience, Carson, just gotta wait for her to poke her pretty little head out and we can shoot it off," the other replied, a venomous grin spreading across his face. They aimed their rifles up at her cover, waiting patiently.

Kate noticed the silence quickly, her mind racing. Did they run out of ammo? Maybe they did... or maybe they're waiting. Whatever the case, she had to check. She noticed a skunk corpse nearby, and no matter how reluctant she was, a smelly hand was better than a hole in her head. Tentatively, she grabbed the tail and it was stiff enough to stand on its own. It was raised slowly in the air and quickly got a hole in it. "Shit!" she growled, staying behind cover.

The moment she spat on his face he was about to burst with anger, imagining him strangling her and selling her body to that creepy guy he met in Takoma. In fact, the only thing keeping him from pulling out a scalpel and slashing her throat was the fact he had just patched her up and didn't want all that effort to go to waste. With a firm push he released her from his grip and yet again pulled out a cigarette to smoke up. "Gunshots in the wasteland, what a strange occurrence, let me call the news." at which point he placed his hand gainst his head, thumb and little finger stretched out pretending to be the horn of a phone. "Hello, wasteland news? Yes, we just heard gunshots! What's that? Nobody gives a rat's ass? Who fucking knew?" After that he merely changed the fingers he stretched out from his thumb and pinky to his middle finger and directed it at the stupid broad before him. "Enjoy looking into an everyday occurrence, I'm going drinking bitch." After that he simply started walking away again signalling his goodbye with a raised middle finger and parting words "I hope you fall down somewhere and bleed to death!"

Joe simply watched in disgust as the douchebag continued his little game. He was insufferable and there was no point in working with him at all! She actually hoped he walked right in the line of fire and got torn up by the array of bullets that seemed to get louder and louder. "Prick..." she mumbled to herself, the anger and adrenaline no longer fueling her with much needed energy. She turned from the jackass, limping back to the train platform so she can search for her things because without a rifle she now had to resort to the few knives that littered the bottom of her bag. Coming to a halt in front of the concrete slab, Joe carefully pulled herself into a sitting position on the ledge so she could inspect her injuries a bit more thoroughly. Some close examination conquered that the dimwit had actually done a decent job and she would not be bleeding out anytime soon.
"Well, thanks I guess..." She opened the cap of the aspirin and hurriedly swallowed two whole, hoping that would eradicate the prickles beneath her skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.