The Warlock King & The Witch Queen: The Grand Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WanderingSpirit We have room for one more, a botanomancer. The only trick is that you will have to be quick about it.

Okay, seems good. I have some ideas, but is it okay to have another maleficarum on the table? If not then I'll keep my normal looking botanomancer ready.

We can make it longer. But yeah, be quick about it

@AceSorcerer

Alright thats cool. Had a neat idea about plants and flesh but oh well. It will be in the archives :P

Name:
Ester Ambrosa

Path:
Botanomancer

Favored Roads:
Conjuration
Awareness
Illusions

Adept Botanomancer

Appearance:

Height:
5'7 in height

Personality or Alignment:
Chaotic... something?

Weapon(s):
Easel
Drawing Paper
Brush

Notable Possessions:
A Satchel which contains various tools for artistic projects such as paints and extra spare brushes.

Brief Bio:
Ester was born in the mountains with a family having 3 other siblings besides her, meaning attention was divided between the 4 of all of them. Spending little time with the company of others, Ester as a small child spent her time walking into the woods that laid outside her home. Often times she would go missing for several hours at a time, as her parents frantically searched for her whereabouts with the help of the local police and neighbors, fearing that they lost their young daughter. These strolls in the woods were always... stranger to say the least, as Ester grew fond of the woods and as she grew up her time exploring them increased. With a backpack, she would always sneak off in the night exploring the sea of trees with the moonlight at her back. These night time exploration weren't just a rebellious streak that came with age, but something more intriguing that she found on one of her many previous trips. On certain nights, the forest and all its trees and flowers glowed with gentle hues of blue that echoed deem from within. Coming in as slow gentle waves from beyond, before zooming instantaneously past her and leaving her in the dust. Deep within the forest secrets lied there where no one with the right mind would travel to discover what it was.

On that fateful night as she predicted, the forest send out waves of the azure light like what she had seen before and left at midnight. Traversing the woods was no simple task for a person who didn't know their way, but even at her young age Ester followed the multiple trails that she had navigated before and continued deeper within. As she continued deeper into the forest, the waves of light that past her drew longer as she went further in. Before soon, the light never did leave...

Looking ahead of herself before behind her, she was awed at the illuminated forest, radiating a soft gentle glow of the light shade of blue on top of every plant and tree in the forest. Touching one of the flowers, it shriveled up before closing itself into a bud. Uncertain of where to go next, in the eerily familiar place yet at the same time completely different, Ester was lost. Deciding to continue forward to reach the epicenter of the light, Ester moved forward. Upon reaching what she believed to be the center, there was an open field, a clearing which held a building. One built off of the soft blue light, into a solid tower the stretched near endlessly towards the sky. There came out a woman in her age of 50s where she noticed Ester. Looking around the woman ushered the girl inside, where she explained that once a person enters this deep into the magical forest that no one can get out.

Accepting the truth after several days of traveling the glowing forest to try and get out, Ester was adopted as the daughter of this strange woman. Learning the history and many types of magic, before being taught how to be a Botanomancer. Her skill with magic inside this magical realm was inconsistent so she used an anchor, developing a inhuman speed of painting and drawing with precise accuracy to help out her casting of spells. Drawing trees whose branches could crawl off the pages, or the picture of a field of flower where there petal dance through the paper as if a window, on a breeze of air.

Her skill in both magic and drawing increased exponentially under the tutelage of her step-mother who guided her training on magic while Ester's own curiosity and imagination led her to continue developing her drawing skills to unimaginable detail and realism.

How she escaped from the enchanted forest? She will never know as she found by the coven, her clothes torn and tattered as if hundred of years pasted. Her memories are still unclear to herself about what had happened that resulted in her expulsion on the magical world.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I would say is that you need to keep her closer to everyone else's ages. Otherwise, she's ready to go.

I am, however, rather curious as to how her weapons work.

@AceSorcerer
The easel and the rest of the drawing supplies are used as a form to draw plant-life. Which is near nonexistent in the modern day unless we are in a rural area. Combining the Conjuring and Illusion roads to make a variety of Nature-Typed spells either as real plants or as if it was a hallucination effect.

Such as laying down a picture of a tree on the floor could be able to sprout a tree in the floor despite it not normally being able to do so. An wall of bramble would be capable of extending out of the paper boundaries to also effectively make a wall. An illusion effect could be a blinding storm of flower petals. Or the illusions of vines binding them or actually real ones. Real version obviously takes more energy to be used while illusions take less energy and generally less durable.

The only thing the hinders me is my character's skill and my own creativity. She is also capable of using nature-magic without her drawing tools but that's why she is considered an adept is because her skill and focus drops severely. She is mostly reliant on her art tools so yeah.

So many illusionists :D

Eh, mine focuses more on cunning and conjuration. Besides, some psycho-magic warfare is always fun.

Welp, you're in. Just make it so that she is late to the meeting.

Woah, @jeshem , what's with the sudden/random event leap?

oops I stopped getting notifications for the IC. Seems to me though that jeshem was having some kind of flashback there.

@WanderingSpirit The magical aspect of Shiori's aura can't be read thanks to her cloak, so if those chaotic splurges are representing anything along the way of magic, they wouldn't be able to be seen.

@AceSorcerer Sorry, Crix had left the group to go "research" more on bloodmancy. The rest of the group can continue but Crix will be absent.

Please specify that he leaves. When you randomly cut to a new scene like that it leads to unnecessary confusion.

@Karakui

Oops oh, forgot that you had that magical cloak thingy. I guess we will do this the old way! *grabs the monocle and detective hat*

Oh magical sherlock what a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.