The War of Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest getting a map or pictures of the world. I guess you could say the world have been reborn? How much of the radiation is gone? Wastelands?
Would some past technologies have survived, maybe as relics? I like the idea, but you might want to work out how exactly you want it. Or at least write more details. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
I suggest getting a map or pictures of the world. I guess you could say the world have been reborn? How much of the radiation is gone? Wastelands?
Would some past technologies have survived, maybe as relics? I like the idea, but you might want to work out how exactly you want it. Or at least write more details. ^^
Thanks for some of the ideas! For the map, I'll make one, but it will take some time and it will likely be bad. The world itself has been reborn with most of the radiation gone. Only a few spots called 'Heatzones' exist where the radiation still remains. So much so that a person dies within seconds of entering it without some kind of ward.

Some technology and cities are still around. You won't be seeing a downed bomber, but a bunker with some old tech like a computer still lay around. Some of the old world even managed to make it like Judaism(cause making religions takes time and there will be a few in this Rp). Most cities have been turned into dust and rubble with the remaining ones into walled medieval-Renaissance styled buildings. A few old buildings like the Leaning Tower still exist in those cities. Just the fact they're considered to be items left by god(s).

Another thing is robots. Yep, they existed, but most were destroyed and the remaining ones stuck in an area known as the Barrier Mountains. I'm planning on including a bestiary of fantasy creatures as well.

One thing mentioned were the Immortals. They're undying humans, elves, dwarves, etc. and the oldest are all human. They're not available for players due to their undying, insanity, and coldness towards the world. Few still cling onto shreds of their sanity, but overall are slowly losing it.

Anyways, thanks for the ideas!

Well, if you are worried about maps then there a more than a dozen amazing ones laying around the interweb. I even recall a forum dedicated to all kinds of fantasy maps, but I don't remember its name...
There is one thing that worries me though.

"Relationships aren't great which might lead to war and our characters are stuck in a little City-State."

If I make a dragon and someone else make a human than how do you plan for them to work together? And if its a human ruled city, than others races would easily get thrown out should war occur right?

We could use magic to our advantage, after all this is a fantasy type Rp. There could be a spell that would allow dragons and griffins to take a human form. Their stats would decrease and they would still retain certain features like scales just to balance things out. As for the City State, it is run by a Council of races. Initially there were only Dwarves, Elves, and Beasts, but when humanity and their allies came along the City accepted a representative for each race. The City State really doesn't care who you are, just obey the rules and you'll be fine. At least from the guards and gov, not the people.

But yet again quite a few of the city folk are outcasts and exiles so there won't be mass mobs running through the city. As for the map could I create a outline and have someone fill it in?

Reactions: Circe
A question - will our characters be fighting in the war that will likely happen?
As for the map could I create a outline and have someone fill it in?
I would offer to, but I suck at making maps :/

I'd be interested in joining this. I like the idea of a primitive humanity on top of what used to be a hi-tech society.

Well, since you mentioned that there were still bits and pieces of the old world here and there, I think that should be something we pay a lot of attention to.
Imagine a far off tribe that found an intact bunker and worship the technology there as gifts from the gods. They'd put a toaster on a pedestal and say it is a piece of the very gods themselves. This means that some of the magic artifacts in the world are just relics. They guard these objects jealously and outsiders are not allowed to touch the holy light plate. Or as we would call it, the TV screen.

There could be stories of demons made of metal that shoot lightning and fire. Remnants of old combat-drones still fulfilling the objective they were given when the bombs fell: Protect and eliminate hostile forces. This would create areas that are nearly impossible to traverse because they're defended by these "demons". Their "lairs" are just bunkers they go to for automated repair.

Languages change over time. The English they speak may be nothing like the one we speak. It may not even be called English anymore. Compared to our writing system and language, they may be speaking something entirely different. Furthermore, if the language changed, any piece of old text becomes a runic mystery. A scholar may keep what he believes is an ancient text of wisdom that is actually just a military field manual. The pictures of ancient beings are just instructional figures.

I just kinda like the idea of old technology being strewn around the world and being misunderstood and otherwise puzzled over. It would give the world a unique flavor that sets it apart from generic fantasy.

Thanks! After reading this a few ideas came up to mind like Area 51 now being under control of a few robots that use drones. Heck, even a small tribe of elves worshiping something they call 'the Great Numbers' which is just a digital clock.

There are also beings called 'Immortals' who came from the era before the world nuked itself. There's only a few around that haven't gone insane and they'll be minor characters that give quests and stuff like 'hunt this robot that is terrorizing this town' or 'fetch this Tv screen from this tribe'. In return they'll give you gold and other rewards. Mostly fantasy stuff, but rare rewards are something like a 9mm that still functions. Just you have to buy ammo from a Immortal who still makes the bullets.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
The Magic System

Or it less commonly used name 'Psionic Power'. Magic has appeared only after the Age of Fire and even then only a few had such abilities, but those that had it would pass it down. The High Elves are by far the most magically adept leaving others in the dust. Magic is also imagined in the mind rather than spoken though practice and study are needed to learn new spells and hone old ones.

Holy

The School of Holy Magic gets it name for the spells used. Able to heal great wounds and cast away the shadows, this is one of the most sought after schools there are. People who study this exclusively often wear a light colored robe such as a light brown or green to show that they are studying this school. Color is also used to show experience like how a white-colored robe is master and a light green robe is a trainee.

Elements

The School of Elements utilizes the elements for a variety of purposes. Be it survival, war, research, etc. no one would doubt the usefulness of this school. People studying or aspiring to study should take heed, as the elements, without proper control, have been known to injure or even kill a person. However, those that manage to control the elements unlock great powers. Mages are identified by color like how a fire mage might have a orange-red robe and unlike the Holy Mages rank is shown by a strip on their shoulder. More strips equal higher rank.

Mind

The School of the Mind focuses on bending the minds of others and distorting reality to a certain degree. Normally used in war as a means of tricking the enemy, but this School has also been used with Holy Magic to help lessen painful operations such as amputations. People in this school wear a grey-purple robe with know marks pertaining to rank.

Necromancy

The School of Necromancy is learning how to bring dead things to life. However, due to the very nature it is either regulated or outlawed. The School of Necromancy also utilizes the person's mind to control an undead and the more powerful the mind the greater number of undead they can control. So a novice will only be controlling a small group while a Lich Lord may control thousands or even more. Those that study this school wear no robes nor marks making them blend into the general population.

Other School of Magic exist. If you wish to add your own just post it and I'll have a look!

In terms of staffs and tomes, they only enhance the power of a spell. For example, a Fire Staff will increase fire spells. Tomes are used as a method of learning new spells. One must imagine it in their mind and must repeat the spell over and over again to hone it. Overuse of spells can lead to mental fatigue so the stronger the mind the more spells can be casted.

Also, a novice can use a master spell. It will, however, leave them with a bad headache or perhaps a nose bleed as magic is like a muscle. Overuse leads to tiredness and prolonged use can result in damage.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I should probably make my interest official here. Also, this can function as a placeholder for the two species that I created, if desired.

I am most definitely interested in this. Putting a placeholder in now

Quest System

Quests can range from the simple fetch item to more complex quest arcs involving many NPCs and characters. Quests can also be given by people, papers, rumors, or various other sources. The types of quests include

Fetch
Just your simple get item and deliver quest. Sometimes characters will have go transverse through certain areas just to get one or get it from a tribe in which case there's many ways to retrieve said item.

Kill
Sounds simple right? Characters just have to go and kill something, but when there's a orc who has taken herbal drugs that increase strength and numbs pain characters are going to have a though time. There are also bounties placed on people's heads and you can kill that person for gold and reputation. People can range from the simple thief to the corrupted priest. However, be warned, not all kill quests would have you slay some evildoer.

Protect
A quest to protect a person or item for a certain amount of time. This can include simple traders to wealthy nobles that have many enemies.

Rescue
Someone's been kidnapped or gone missing for some reason and needs to be rescued.

Immortal Quests
Immortals will offer variations of these quests such as finding a rare mutant that doesn't fall into any of the species or an item from the Age of Hate. In return, they offer high amounts of coin, reputation, and even unique rewards. One could even get a friend made of metal or a rod that shoots fire and lighting in rapid secession.

Last edited by a moderator:
When will we be starting this? Just curious.

Things have been crazy as of late for me so I don't know.

Things have been crazy as of late for me so I don't know.
In that case, can I bolster the lore by adding how robotics are in the world? I'll be responsible. You can trust me, I'll feed them and clean up after them and give them baths when they need them!

• Thank You
Want me to put up a full race draft for my two species?

Status
Not open for further replies.