The War for Amaranth Isle (Tari/neejeeha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarieles

Skulls for the Skull Crab
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually every day, but I often don't like posting every day.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, high fantasy, romance, slice of life, sci-fi, grimdark, light fandoms (next gen, non canon chars, etc)
How long had he been wandering? Deyan didn't know. It could have been years. It could have been centuries. He couldn't remember. He had never been away from Amaranth. Everywhere he went was new and strange. He was in a place where it was the coldest he had ever been. The animals were changing. The trees were different. It was very strange, and he didn't like it. His mind wandered to his father and the rest of his family. He missed his mother and his brother. It had been so long since he had seen her, and he would never see him again.

As he moved through the dense foliage, his eyes flicked to and fro. He had to be wary. He never knew if anyone of his clan would actually come for him. The young demon could never be too sure. Animal footsteps made him jump, no matter where he was. It was, quite honestly, frightening.

@neejeeha

The youth races through the forest as she was chased during the night time, and during the day in an attempt to exhaust her passed what would be normal for a human, even if she was much unlike one, to be able to hold on in the physical realm. The sounds of trees rustled as her antlers caught every small branch on the way through the woods as she sifted through the woods. Behind her, she could hear the sound of hooves belonging to horses pounding as they would likely catch up to her. It was no mysterious that she was being chased from some place far away due to how disheveled her appearance was. Kitesoix had since abandoned her formal dress clothes she wore at the temple and that left her in a small tunic, form-fitting pants, brown boots and nothing else.

The amount of shuffle through the trees would be impossible to miss as a loud shout could be heard.

"Around to the opposite side, aim to stop but not to kill!"

Kitesoix had likely meant the end of her rope as she did not scream out for help as there was none, until a small clearing opened and she was immediately stopped by a flying arrow that went through her arm. The small female made the first noise of protest by a loud yelp as her arm as penetrated by an arrow and it stopped her enough to allow her to be surrounded by a man, a woman and another man on a horse. Cowardly, she slammed her hand into the ground and withdrew the water from the soil, froze it and created a barrier between the three and herself and she set inside of it as she was bleeding through her arm wound. Kitesoix dropped down and set with her hand on the arrow tip, she needed to be rid of it as it would certainly make continuing very difficult. At the moment, the others started to hit the barrier with arrows, swords and the back of their horses kicks, but she was trapped.

Every time she attempted to tug the arrow, she could not hold her in yelp but it was amusing to those that tried to break into her barrier.

Deyan heard a short scream. A voice that was definitely in danger. He rushed towards it, hunching into a sneak before reaching the sound. A group of people were attacking a chunk of ice. From behind it, Deyan could see the source of the scream. A young, strange-looking woman, nursing an arrow in her arm. He started to step back. This was not his fight. He didn't want more enemies to come after him. He was already a hated breed, and he would be hunted if he were seen.

However, after a moment of consideration, he could see this woman being a powerful ally. He had never seen a human do something like that. Perhaps she was special? She would owe him for saving her, after all. He kept low, concealed in the shadows of the trees. He sent out his aura of fear, hoping to scare off the attackers. It would at least spook the horse. If that didn't work, he readied some projectiles of his demon energy to shoot at them.

Kitesoix would only be able to stay inside her shield of ice until she had exhausted or could find another outlet or way to escape. The attempts to batter the sheet of ice had did little good due to the sheer thickness of it, but she needed to concentrate on the wound that created painful friction between metal, muscle and bone. It was frightening to be locked inside of a ice box with the thrusting of weapons chipping off pieces until, for some reason, the officers that chased her had suddenly lost their luster and fled the scene of the girl within the ice box. The silence was maddening, even deafening as she noticed that had actually abandoned their mission and left her to her own devices. Kitesoix stood up on her feet now, she made a motion with her hand and it glowed red as she wiped away the thickness of the ice until she could exist by her own means.

When she stepped out, she was able to fully be seen in the moonlight without the presence of an ice box that hid most of her features and extremities. The moonlight hit her in just a way to show that she was a short stature, had a 10-point antler set and was dressed in simple clothing that did not make sense for the coldness in the forest. One would have dressed more warmly for the situation, especially if one lived outside as she might have been doing. Now that she had complete silence to herself, she started to look around for what might have been there to frighten her or that scared the others away. Her hands shifted a little and it appeared that she was trying to decide which was to escape to, but as long as she was not sure where the unknown entity came from she would have to make a choice soon as they would surely come back and kill her.

But first! It was time to tackle the remove of the arrow inside her arm. She used her right hand and made another hard tug as she yelped rather loudly, it appeared that she did not have the power to move it from her arm as she was not physically strong enough to break it off.

Deyan peered at the woman from where he stood. He still could not figure out what she was. Maybe she wasn't even a human. He slowly walked out from the shadows, circling her. His wings were in plain view, as he thought was only fair. He was silent for a moment, wondering if she actually knew his language. Others did, even if it was slightly off. He kept moving, trying to see all of her before making judgement. He wondered for a bit what to even say to her. He soon stopped, and gestured to the arrow in her arm.

"I can help you." He said simply, looking back at her face. "I actually already helped you." He glanced back at where the three had fled from the scene. He approached her slowly, hand extended towards her arm. "I won't promise that I won't hurt you. But I can promise I won't hurt you unless you give me a reason." His yellow eyes stared at her wound, and then flicked up towards her blue ones.

Everything about the situation stated that she should do what she did best; run. The being that stepped outside of the shadows of the trees had wings that sprawled wider than she thought they would and she did not know who or what this person one. She followed him in circles with her head, briefly turned until he was a little to close for comfort. Kitesoix made a face raveled in insecurity as he gestured down to her arm, then her face and back to her arm. He had explained that he had already aided her, even helped her in a way and repeated that unless he gave her a reason that he would not harm her. Kitesoix was known for stupid decisions, especially ones where dangerous beings were involved as she had subdued humans of dangerous natures before.

"Y-You will not hurt me, yes? I-If so, then please take it out... I am not strong enough." Kitesoix muttered as she approached him with caution, she exposed her side to him and shut her eyes as she lifted her arm slightly and offered it to him. A deep, tense sigh released from her mouth as she thought to all the possibilities of what this would mean to get herself involved with someone like this who had wings and looked little less like humans she knew. She easily kept her eyes turned away from him, she knew that if she watched him do whatever it was that she would only complicate the matter even more than what was needed.

Deyan nodded to her, gently taking her arm, and sitting them both down on the ground, just so she didn't hurt herself if she fainted. "This, as I am sure you're aware, will hurt. A lot." He warned her, carefully steadying her arm before taking both hands towards the feather fletching. He snapped the shaft, so it would be easier to remove from her. The arrowhead was poking out from the other side of her arm. He twisted it slightly, relieved to find that it wasn't lodged into bone. Without warning, he pushed the arrow the rest of the way through her arm, sliding the shaft through the now sizable hole in her arm. He tossed the arrow to the side, watching the blood drip down her arm. He seemed to suddenly remember that humans could die, as he quickly moved to grab something from a small pouch on his side. He pulled out a cloth that was filled with various trinkets, stuffing said trinkets back in the pouch, and wrapping the wound.

"Why were those humans after you?"

Kitesoix followed his lead and set on the ground, albeit a little unsure as she could not really be sure if those men would come back. They would surely shoot arrows at her again and she felt antsy when she had become a motionless target; the easiest to hit. She knew that if she watched the entire ordeal that she would be less likely to sit still, so she turned her head and he would find that there was an amount of resistance as she made an attempt to withdraw her arm the first time. Luckily, he was much stronger than as simple human and her noises were made by the yelps of her voice before the arrow was suddenly pulled out of her arm. For some reason, the pure shock of it had almost caused her to faint and she slackened a little before her other hand caught her body. The blood dropped down from the hole in her arm and she winced and concentrated on remaining awake through the whole ordeal.

Deyan further fixed the problem temporarily with a bound piece of close wrapped tightly. When that was over, she leaned back as she was now coming off the excessive adrenaline needed to stave off her pursuers. After a moment, he brought up the question that she did not want to be asked and she nearly avoided it for almost an entire minute before she managed to find the strength to muster a answer.

"I am the Monolith. They wish me back in Solstice." Some knew the status and others it was unknown, it would inspire awe or a curious glare usually.

With just those few words, Deyan had so many questions. He looked at her curiously. "The Monolith?" He questioned, again, looking her over. "I'm afraid I do not know of Solstice." He told her. "Is that a human city?" He didn't know anything of the areas other than on his own Amaranth. This city was not well known to him, if it was even a city.

He looked up, hearing the sound of hoofbeats. "We should go. It sounds as if the effect has worn off." He told her, standing up and holding his hand out to her. He looked back the way he came. "We can find a place to hide you for a while." He really didn't know why he felt like he had to help her. Perhaps it was a redemption of sorts in his mind.

Kitesoix blinked. A person that did not know the meaning of her title and she was completely lost on that. The fact that he did not know meant that she would likely be safe with a person who would not sell her out for something. Deyan stood up when the sound of horses loudly pounded the grounds at a distance from them, it was a solid reminder that they would garner the courage to return to her. She stayed on the ground for a moment, her eyes settled on his opened hand and a strong promise that he would help her find a place to hide. Unsure, she reached out and grasped his hand and stood on her own feet and searched for which way they would need to go.

"It is the Holy Kingdom of the North. The High Preist wishes me removed from the Wood. I-If we are to go in any direction, may it not be the one where those horses come from." Kitesoix wiped herself off and waited for him to show her the path to a perfect place to hide from the ruthless priests upon horseback.

(sorry for my absence, my internet pooped out over the weekend)

Deyan nodded at the information, taking her hand tightly and starting off in the direction he came from, away from the sound of horses and yelling. He kept his eyes peeled for somewhere the two of them could stay for a moment, until the ones chasing her would give up and disappear. After some time, he found an old and gnarled tree. This gave him an idea. "This way." He muttered to her, pulling her towards it. He looked up, finding that the branches created many paths, where it was easy to hide among the leaves. Without waring, he pulled the girl towards him, and flew up towards the treetop, stepping on flat portions of the branches to find somewhere safe to put the human. Finally finding a moderately flat branch, he let her down.

"I can hide us here." He told her quietly. "Just don't let go of me and you'll be alright. Don't make a sound." He warned, before with a single smooth motion, everything became black. The shadows enveloped the two, keeping them hidden from prying eyes. Of course, the shadows were only an illusion. Nothing would stop noise from escaping the cocoon. But it was high up, and it was difficult for outside eyes to see. In his mind, that meant it was perfect for hiding from humans.

(It's fine, I've also been a little meh.)

She was not so used to people or non-humans touching her in any capacity unless it was deadly or harmful. So, when he took her by the hand, rather gently, and pulled her along she came without a single ounce of fight. Suddenly, without notice, he yanked her up with him into a tree and she made a sharp yelp from just the action as she was not ready for it. Her small arms wrapped around his neck to keep herself slightly supported until he found a branch for the two of them to hide in. A quiet warning was offered that she needed to be still, to be quiet and he could protect her.

In silence, she moved forward and for the first time she embraced another person. Her small arms tightened around him, her fingers grasped the fabric around his waist and she waited. When the horsemen came back, fully weaponed and searching for her. The moment that they appeared, Kitesoix's breath became swift as she was now apprehensive being so close to the horsemen and she felt they could see her. The horsemen broke the magical barrier of ice with fire then looked through the area to see where she might have gone, but no one could hear their conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.