Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_npdlihQJXT1scncwdo5_540.gif

embed.php

Mac made it hard for Emily to lug him out of the building. Once they made it to the air, Emily let go of Mac. She stood with her hands on her knees, letting some of the blood drip onto the floor. Unsure if it was hers or someone elses, Emily tried to stop her heart from beating so fast. She looked down at her knuckled hand, the red liquid sticking to her leg. "Jesus." She sniffed, realizing a lot of the blood was coming from her nose. Leaning up, she looked at Mac, probably looking a little beat up, but there was still a small grin of satisfaction on her face. Nothing beat a little fisticuffs now and then. Before she could say anything else, Emily heard an ear shattering explosion. She immediately put her hand on her gun, hoping that it was nothing. But when Taner emerged triumphantly, Emily relaxed a bit, sighing with relief.

tumblr_nzlbbd5ST01ri8h0lo2_540.gif

tumblr_o7k7a8qsgr1u6ua2bo2_400-png.123338

The grab was unexpected. Cait wasn't sure who's hands were who's, but she didn't like being picked up. She smacked her fists down onto the back, "Put me down!" She screeched. However, when she looked up, she saw the crowd getting smaller and smaller. Taner must be carrying her away. The explosion was loud and it made Cait jerk a bit. His joke also made her jerk. She jumped off him as soon as he was stationary, "I ain't a piece of meat you can pull around!" She huffed, angry that he'd just done so. Even though she saw why, it still wasn't okay with her. "Ah, you two look a state." She turned and pointed at Emily mainly. The chems still in her system were clouding her vision and making her eyes twitch a bit. Cait rubbed her eyes, trying to clear her vision.

"You don't look too good yourself." Emily sniffed, then spitting out some blood. "Can we decide what we're gonna do from now on? I'm not made of steel." Emily turned to Taner mostly, knowing she was more likely to get plans from him than anyone else.

rjmc-png.116120

MacCready only smiled in response, to her adorableness. At least, that's all he could do before the explosive went off. As the odd couple came out, he shook his head at Bomber and his feisty, Irish over the shoulder cargo. A big of stinging hit his cheek, as it seem someone managed to sock him good in the fray. He began to rub the black and blue mark, and patted Emily's shoulder. They managed to stay alive a little while longer, but surely this was enough action for one day.

"I think I should have signed a waiver for this." He said, winking.

As Cait started in on Taner, he could see the type of dynamic this trip was going to have. They wouldn't be bored at least. Pulling out a rag, he offered it to Emily and her bloody nose.

tkl-png.116121

At this point, the young man was looking pretty proud of himself. The stupid grin could not be wiped from his face. "Even from laying on your stomach, you hit like a damn thunderbolt."

When she got to scolding, he through his hands up briefly. "Hey, seeing as you more than a piece of meat is why I even did it. You're welcome, by the way." Taner turned his attention to their leader, or at least the leader/benefactor in his view.

His smile faded, realizing that his action were quite hasty and could have went very bad. Despite a victory, everyone in the group ended up bruised and/or bloodied. He nodded. "I can manage that."

"Oh like you two girls didn't enjoy the scrap. I seen you both." RJ said, smiling.

"In any case, we should probably get out of here. Someone else had to of heard the ruckus, and I don't think anyone else wants to deal with more than this. Since we now have everyone, a good brainstorming session could be useful. I'll need time to craft our loadout, anyways."

"I could use a drink."

tumblr_npdhrfiI1N1riwt83o1_540.gif

embed.php

Emily happily took the rag, pushing the material against her nose. It didn't feel broken, which was good. She had managed to catch her breath now, but the pain was beginning to kick in. Her previous injury on her shin was hurting, and she could tell her skin was gonna bruise up in the next 24 hours. Mac's joke made Emily shake her head with a chuckle. It was true, Emily was better with a gun, but beating the hell out of a douche was so much more satisfying.

"That could work." Emily nodded, adjusting the hat on her head, then her backpack. "Any ideas?" She wondered where the next stop would be. Most of her time was spent in goodneighbour, but she was betting on the triggermen looking for her there first. They needed to find somewhere hidden, somewhere not suspicious. Cait's home had just been destroyed courtesy of Taner. She didn't know if Mac had a home or not, she just saw him in the bar. And as for Taner, she had no idea. "Taner? Got a favourite place?" She asked.

"I'll second that." Cait nodded when Mac mentioned drinking. A pint sounded really good about now. Luckily the chems were wearing off. She could feel her heart pounding against her chest, almost breaking out in a cold sweat. Emily asked for ideas, Cait couldn't think. "Let's just walk'n find a place." She said, knowing that sticking about for much longer was a bad idea. She decided to take lead, stepping over the concrete rubble. She looked behind her, "C'mon, unless we get going you'll get your arse kicked again." She smiled.

Emily shrugged, "I mean, she's right." She followed the lead. Emily checked her nose, it wasn't bleeding as badly. She was gonna offer the rag back to Mac, but that was kinda gross. Emily chucked it towards the building, "Thanks Mac." She turned around and gave him a grin.

rjmc-png.116120

"You're welcome, gorgeous." He said, laughing. Thankfully, she didn't try and give it back. He would have told her to just keep it. Though, he is going to need a new rag. The man would certainly keep on the lookout.

For now, he would just try and get his achy body out of the immediate area. With all the commotion, someone was sure to be on notice. Now he was wondering if Tommy even survived. After a moment or two, he looked over to Taner who still had not answered. Looking at him, his eyes were a bit...lowered. He was watching a certain Irish girl walk in front of him.

RJ nudged him to snap out of it.

tkl-png.116121

"Bunker Hill is really where I stay. Other than that, I just wander. Not to mention I'm still not familiar with the area. With the whole back east thing." He said rather quickly.

He and RJ looked at one another, as if they were having their own wordless conversation. Taner ended up a little blushed and RJ just smiled. Taner knew he caught him and would likely hear about it later.

"Perhaps I can find something on my Pipboy."

Taner brought it up and looked at the map. He bit his lip looking for something interesting.

"Oo, we could always go to Gwinnett Brewery and the restaurant. Of course, after all get patched up and figure out what the next step is. Which...is up to you, Emily." He said, giving a nod.

embed.php

Emily pulled a face after Mac called her a little nickname. She pretended that it was gross, trying to ignore the little warm feeling in her stomach. She turned to see Cait also spitting, her hands in her pockets. Feeling kinda bad, Emily gave her a sympathetic nod, knowing that this was a weird situation for her to be in. When Taner started poking at his pip boy, Emily turned around to observe, wiping her mouth her the back of her hand. "Sounds fine to me. Anywhere away from here sounds sweet." She grinned back at him.

She focused on climbing over the debris, scratching her exposed ankles against the concrete. God, she wished it wasn't so warm, her legs were beginning to rub and it certainly wasn't helping the fact she was sweating like crazy. Usually she didn't mind what people saw her as, but these people were technically here to help her, she didn't want to look like a useless mess.

Cait looked at Emily, who tried to relate to her. Unfortunately Cait wasn't really in the mood for any of that, she just wanted to get away from what just happened. The chems were quickly loosing their effect and Cait was coming down off the high. She felt a bit miserable and could find a reason to get mad, but for now she just wanted to walk.

As the group talked, Cait began to walk slower, hoping to follow the direction of everyone else. She didn't know anything outside of the building and it had been years since she had been able to venture out of the zone. However she hadn't quite realized the excitement of it, she was still pretty miserable. Watching Emily slowly take lead, she fell back to walk next to Taner. "If there's a chance of a pint I'll cheer up." She said, not joking a bit as she looked up to him.​

rjmc-png.116120

And it seemed she shot him down even if it was more playful than anything. MacCready was just happy to be out of there, at this point, but it seemed just about everyone was in agreement on that. Watching Emily, he wondered what was going on in her head. She seemed so calm and collected, but that wasn't exactly in large supplies out here. Perhaps he would ask here about it later.

When their next destination was more or less agreed upon, he could not help but bring it up. "Uh, not to be the buzz kill, but shouldn't we be planning our next move? Wandering to random places doesn't seem like a good way to stay alive or get paid."

He looked over to Taner, who was a bit distracted.

tkl-png.116121

He opened his mouth to say something, but as soon as Cait walked close to him all his attention was on her. Her serious statement made him smirk. "If that comes to it, I'll buy it myself, my friend. Until then, I think we can all enjoy eachother's company for now. Also, you are rather light for a gal that can hit like a sledgehammer. How do you manage to get that much oomph behind those swings?"

Taner himself began to follow Emily and MacCready up the rubble. Honestly, if Emily didn't feel like getting down to business right away he was fine with it. Of course, getting shot by a bunch of Triggermen didn't sound good either. Though, he wasn't exactly leader of the group as of right now. So perhaps it was best if he didn't try and push RJ's topic of choice one way or another.

"I mean, it could be a good place to hide. If that's where Emily wants to shack up for a bit until we get things figured out, I don't have anywhere to be."

embed.php

Rolling her eyes, Emily moved to walk next to Mac. She forgot how much Mac loved getting paid, and she sure was gonna be in for something if she didn't deliver. Happy that Taner chimed in, she nodded. "Honestly, I don't have a plan-" She started, to the sound of sighs, "Yeah, I know but I didn't exactly ask for this crusade fellas. I say we hold up there, and make a plan." She huffed. "They ain't gonna find us over night." She said, half sure. Emily had no idea how they would find her but from what she heard, they always did track you down. "Plus, we aren't in the best shape, I doubt we'll get any better by jumping into this even less unprepared." She chuckled, knowing everyone here was as prepared as she was.

She didn't know how she was keeping calm, but she was quite good at doing so. Nearly nothing reduced her to tears at the moment. Instead, she just got along with what she had to. When Cait and Taner went back to their little conversation, Emily decided to strike one up with Mac. "No offense or anything, but for a guy who loves his caps, you don't dress like you spend any of them. Where does it go?" She said, half-joking. Emily scraped by with spending the caps on drinking and sleeping, then she traded whatever junk with Daisy for supplies she needed. Speaking of, Emily spotted a vending machine, glass still in tact. She was definitely gonna smash it.

Taner's comment made her shrug. It was probably a combination of chems, fitness and any rage she can dig out of herself. "When you gotta survive on your own, ya' learn how to make it work." She said vaguely, "I'm quick." She added, looking up at the taller man with a smile. He asked a lot of questions.

When Emily weaseled out an excuse, Cait rolled her eyes and sighed. Sure, she was happy that the three of the strangers managed to bust her out of the zone, but she didn't exactly want to stick with them for no reason. The promise of caps and whatever else was enough for her to stay around, for now. "As long as you ain't gonna get me killed again." She commented. Before sighing, her body was aching a lot, the chems completely faded from her system, giving her the typical downer she got. Once they got back into their pair, Cait whispered to Taner, "Look, are they a couple? I ain't dealing with it if they start smooching over here." She really hated all that lovey dovey stuff. Cait was more of a one night stand gal', if she even ever got a good chance. It would take a lot to coax her into a relationship.

rjmc-png.116120

When she admitted to not having a plan or that she really was going off the cuff, MacCready threw his arm around her. "Look, Em, just relax. I don't think anyone here was ready for anything when they woke up this morning.

Bottom line. We keep moving forward.

Also, don't forget, you did ask me to help you. So you better be giving something to me when this is all over."

His arm moved off of her just as she was jokingly asking him where all his money went. At that point he stared off a little bit, thinking of an answer. The obvious answer was his son, but he really didn't want to get into it yet. He barely knows anyone in this group, Em, included. Still, he didn't want to stay silent. "Ha, as if Charlie doesn't overcharge his damn whiskey bottles."

tkl-png.116121

Taner kept up a smile, even as she rolled her eyes at Emily and MacCready. When she commented on not being killed, he blew a scoff follow by a raspberry. "Jeeze, give me some credit, I only almost killed you. Then I carried you out against your will. No harm done, and we all had a good time."

He leaned in slightly to her whisper, chuckling a little bit to her apparent disgust with the flirting going on up there. Though, Taner might have been clueless, but it didn't seem like flirting to him. "I don't think so. As far as I can tell, there are just good friends. Of course, if they do, we can always start making out, just to piss them off. Or just drop trow and bang so they feel even worse. Of course, I am not sure you are THAT bold." He said, smirking at her.

embed.php

Just as he replied, Emily broke free towards the vending machines. She turned around and nodded, "Yeah, he is a real tight ass." She agreed, although not buying his answer. Yet, she didn't feel like prodding it. She knew what it was like to be interrogated. "C'mon Nuka Quantum." She said as she faced the two machines. She could see the candy hiding at the back of the metal springs as she took off her gun again. Using the handle, Emily smacked the weapon into the glass. After two hard whacks, the glass shattered onto the floor. She looked at her crew with her tongue poking through her teeth, "Looks like we got dinner."

She fished out the bubble gum and candy packets, stuffing them all into her pockets. Taking what she wanted, she then moved onto the Nuka Cola machine. Inside she spotted one regular and one Cherry as she bent over to look inside the small glass frame. "Hey Taner, here's your payment." She grinned.

His forwardness wasn't taken lightly. But she couldn't help but smirk aswell, she was funny after all. "You wish, big boy." She wrinkled her nose, "You've known me for two minutes fella, you don't know how bold I can be." She shrugged. Cait was no stranger to one night stands, when the situation presented itself. Usually she had to be pretty darn drunk and lonely, but it happened. Taner wasn't half bad either, tall and strong. And if he started buying her drinks, she'd consider it. Although, Cait wouldn't say no to any of the three if they wanted to.

The sound of Emily smacking into the glass made Cait look up. She watched her fill her pockets. Cait was not one for candy or pop, so she wasn't interested in whatever Emily had found. She'd save herself for a hunk of meat and a pint. She climbed the rubble to watch, "Nice arse." She joked as Emily bent down, knowing that Emily would take no offense. Having her here made her feel a tad more comfortable in the group of strangers. "What sorta payments are you takin' sir?" She looked up at Taner with a nasty grin on her face, already feeling more comfortable around him too.​

rjmc-png.116120

When she broke away, he slowed his steps to watch what she was going. When she started busting the windows, he joined in on the action. "Lets see what we got here." He went down on one knee and tried to grab anything that might left.

"Alright, we got some Dandy Boy Apples, a couple of gumdrops that sugartooth over there didn't pocket, and oh my....we got a snack cake. Surprised to find apples in here, but I hear politics ever pre-war were a pain the ass."

MacCready reached in and starting pulling some of this stuff out. It was a pretty find considering how bare the commonwealth liked to be. They would eat pretty well, all things considered. Keeping the snack cakes, left the rest for the others to pick through. It would be a good snack until they reached the restaurant, which SHOULD have some random assortment of decent grub.

When he heard Cait's sarcastic sexual compliment, he smiled and shook his head.

"Cmon Cait, you tell her that and it will go straight to her head."

tkl-png.116121

"Then perhaps when you put your big girl pants on, you can show me what a real woman can do, hm?" He was joking, but all the while, his thoughts were almost begging her to do it. The man was goating and poking the lion with the stick. You know, the usual.

However, his attention was dead center on Emily for a brief moment. He spotted the Nuka Cherry and his face lit up like a child on Christmas morning. "You, Em, are awesome and a woman of your word. Lemme see if I can't get that pesky door off for us."

He chuckled at the ass admirer and ended up bending over as well. Pulling out a flathead screw driver, he started unscrewing the hinges off the door to their precious loot. Once loosened, he started to wiggle the rest off as it was noticeably rusted. When Cait piped up at him specifically, he could not help but smile and comment back.

"Just keep staring, Cait, I am sure you have ideas. And..."

POP

The little door was off.

"There we go." He said, grabbing the Cherry and gathered the rest of the candy and such in his pack.

"Might want to stand up, Em, or that booty might attract the wrong kind of people." He said, chuckling, but shamelessly looking.

embed.php

Emily could hear the banter behind her, she rolled her eyes and chuckled. "It's already gone to my head, Mac." She looked over and grinned at him as he tried to figure out the mechanism. She clearly was no mechanic. But that's what Taner was for. He joined her and she smiled at him, "You are very welcome." She leaned back but watched what he was going. Emily always liked to try to pick up any tips she could from watching people. When the door popped open, Emily clapped before reaching in for the regular cola, "Anyone?" She offered the drink about before poking her tongue at Mac, "You people need to get your minds outta the gutter." She shook her head.

Once the machines had been sucked dry, Emily opened up a packet of gumdrops. "Alright, lets get to this place." Emily's leg wound was giving her grief under the bandages. She had a little fear that it could be infected. Most of all, she just wanted to sit down out of the sun. She waited for everyone to finish organizing their bags and stuff before moving forward.

Cait wasn't shocked at his forwardness anymore, she just took it as a joke, "Nice try mate." She shook her head as he walked over to the pop vending machine. Watching him tap away at the springs, Cait leaned against a bit of concrete, realizing he was after the pop. Cait folded her arms as she watched the three buzz around the machines. "Ay you're the one looking." She replied to Mac, although, any girl with a nice arse would get some attention. Cait was shameless when it came to giving that attention.

Once they were all done clearing out the machine, Cait got off the wall and made her way back to the group. She declined the cola with a shake of her head, and began to follow Emily when they started walking. "So If I'm the arse kicker, and Taner is the mechanic, what do you two do?" Cait asked the other two.

Emily snorted, "I'm the mastermind, duh." She joked, feeling okay with being the leader of the little crusade.​

rjmc-png.116120

"No thanks, you keep it. You can use a bit of sugar to sweeten you up." MacCready said in a deadpan sort of way. Looking her over, he wondered how long it would take before they were able to really talk to each other. Taner and Cait would likely fuck off and goof around the restaurant and find trouble to get into. He, however, just wanted to relax and talk to Emily. Maybe see if she is doing okay, after today.

Smirking at Cait and Emily's response he obnoxiously ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm the pretty one, if I do say so myself. Otherwise, just the ass shooter." Gathering his little snacks and things, the sniper was ready to move along with the mastermind at his side.

tkl-png.116121

Taner didn't say much, short of chuckling at the exchange. As they packed up, the mechanic took to the nuka cherry and popped off the cap using a littled wrench. The cap went into his pocket, and the bottle rim went into his mouth. The slight fizz sounded and Taner gave a soft groan and looked at the bottle lovingly. "Oh, how I have missed you."

The young man fell in behind the group, as they once again began a trek towards one of the more lighthearted places in the Commonwealth.

After a bit of time, they arrived in front of their destination, safe and sound. Both men were relatively quiet, as things winded down a little bit from all the action. The two of them ended up walking next to each other and talking about the finer points of pistol fire. In the middle of that, Taner turns to the girls. "Late, I know, but does this mean, I am not the one with the smooth tongue that usually ends up with the sassy/walled off character? Or have I listened to too many holotapes?"

embed.php

On the way to their destination, Emily walked along side Cait. The two had quickly rebonded, having a laugh over things that had happened. Emily told Cait the whole story with the triggermen and everything in between. And Cait retold funny stories about the fights she had been in. Emily found it quite nice to have a friendly conversation with another girl again. She always found herself more comfortable around Cait than most others. Of course the boys behind her were great, she knew that they'd become good friends.

Although after miles, Emily was growing tired of talking. The two wanted to sit down and relax. She took the final sip of the cola, like Mac suggested. Popping the cap into her bag, Emily chucked the bottle into a building, hearing it smash. She sighed, wanting the walk to be over. Her wish was granted however, when they finally reached the brewery. "Finally." Emily put her hands on her hips, hearing the bustle from inside the building. "I mean, which one of these sassy characters you wanna end up with? That's the real question." Emily shook her head as she opened the door. There was a smell of beer, which really was a blessing. Emily put her hands into her pockets, wondering how many drinks she could get away with.

It felt soppy, but Cait really was appreciating the fresh air. She hadn't been outside for this long since she was first put into the zone. It was refreshing. Plus, being around people who weren't trying to kill or have sex with her was nice. Maybe she appreciated the first one more. She found it easy to relax after speaking to Emily, who seemed to relax aswell. The men behind her were chatting some shit about guns, something Cait knew nothing about. She much preferred Emily's fight stories.

Finally reaching the destination, Cait could smell the beer. She realized she had no currency, since most of her pay was in the form of chems and beers back at the building which was now rubble. Cait knew she'd have to flirt with somebody inside there to buy her a drink or two. When Taner spoke up, she thought about asking him too. "I dunno, you and Mr ass shooter over there make a cute couple." Cait joked after Emily entered the building. With a grin, Cait followed, not hesitating to scan the room for a good seat, or a man who would find her attractive enough. Although, she saw Emily fishing through her pockets, "You fancy buyin' for two love?" She put her hands on her hips as she looked at Emily with a smile.

rjmc-png.116120

MacCready just shook his head at Taner, knowing full well who he meant. As Cait spoke of a relationship between the two men, the former Gunner scoffed and looked the mechanic up and down. "We both know I am out of his league, Cait. I am sure you and him would have a nice time punching things and blowing it up afterwards."

With that, he followed Emily into the building. Watching her rummage through her pockets, he decided to check his own. He had a decent amount of caps on him, so more than enough for him to get a few drinks.

Growing tired, he went to the first empty booth and put his pack onto the seat. Stretching, his back muscles felt so much better now. "Oh man, it's good to get that off." Palming a few caps, he took a stride to the bar. Looking for something strong, he looked over what they had in bottles.

Shrugging, he decided to just order a beer and be done with it.

tkl-png.116121

"I mean, I have always had a thing for rugged men." He said, wiggling his eyebrows. Thankfully, MacCready didn't give a reaction, though he half expected him to give a gut check.

When they all entered the building, Taner took a good look at his surroundings. It seemed like a nice enough place, even for a post-war joint. He was surprised it didn't have raiders or something in it. Hearing Cait ask Emily to cover her drinks, he seen it as an opportunity to get on her good side. "I can cover you, if you like. Emily doesn't seem like the type of girl you want to owe anything too." He said, giving Em a wink. He moved up next to the Irish lass, offering a smile and a couple caps. "Besides, next thing you know, you will have to bed one of these ugly fuckers just to make sure you get a buzz. Do you really want to add bad sex to a sober night? I don't think so."

He then started goofing around on his Pip-Boy, waiting for Cait to take the caps.

embed.php

Before Emily could reply to Cait's cheekiness, Taner got in there first. "He's right you know. You don't pay back either." He grinned, her tongue sticking out from her teeth. She sighed and left the two to it. She could already tell Taner had his eyes on Cait. It was a dangerous crush to have, she wondered how far he could get without Cait knocking him out. Emily put her hand down on the bar and waved over the tender. Ordering a bottle of beer, the bartender asked for more caps then expected, so instead of arguing, Emily fished out the last of them from her pockets.

Seating herself next to Mac in a booth, Emily sighed. She slipped off her bag and closed her eyes, letting out a sigh of relief. "Thank God." She muttered before popping the bottle to her lips. Taking to big glugs, she looked over to him. "What a delight." She shook the bottle, knowing he'd agree. "Seems they charge a bomb here, and I thought Charlie ripped me off." She chuckled, shaking her head.

"Well as long as one of ya' are coverin'." Cait grinned up to Taner. It was true, Cait was the worst at owing people one. Nobody got their caps back once cait got a hold of them. She watched Taner offer out the money, she was hesitant, but slipped them into hers, counting them carefully. That should get her a pint or two. She watched as he spoke. It could be the case, but Cait would have to be much drunker to hit up one of them. "Aye, I've had me fair share of bad fucks aswell." Cait gritted her teeth, not keen on reminiscing her worst times.

Cait strode up to the bar next to Emily, opting for a glass of whiskey instead. Since it wasn't her money, may as well indulge. Once the drink was slid down her way, she got comfortable in her seat at the bar. Popping the caps on the bar, Cait looked around, taking a quick sip, hiding her reaction. "Wow, you certainly can handle your drink, chick." Some slimy bastard commented. The man sitting next to her grinned. Cait rolled her eyes, turning her stool away from him. Cait was still on a low after all the chems, she definitely didn't feel up to heckling some gross stranger.​

rjmc-png.116120

The man nodded and took another swig of his own. "Charlie probably still does, but with Handcock above his head that robot probably has to." He wiggled a bit in his seat, enjoying the subtle cushion that it had. Certainly better than being on his feet, in any case.

To be perfectly honest, he wanted to know more about what they were supposed to be doing to make sure Emily doesn't get her ass blown off. But there would be more time for that later. There had been enough gunfire and death for one day.

"You know, you never did fully tell me the story of what you were doing before we met." He said, taking another sip and giving her a side-eyed look.

tkl-png.116121

Taner could not help but smile at Emily's return statement. She seemed to understand, as the other redhead left them to their own devices. Once she took the caps, he felt like he was one step closer to getting onto her good side. Not that he was trying to buy a night with her, but showing that he was a good soul that cared was a surefire way to gain someone's trust, or at least make them think you are vulnerable to be taken advantage of.

He might have been taking a risk with his heart here but, he was hoping Cait was more of the former.

Getting out more caps for himself, he could see that she got a little fancy grabbing some whiskey. Of course, there was an ever so bold patron who decided it was a good idea to more or less heckle her habit. While he wasn't being too belligerent yet, he thought he better try and curb this before another fight breaks out.

Casually leaning in between Cait and the slimey man, who looked like a another scavenger, he signaled the bar keep to come over. Taner looked at the man and gestured to Cait.

"Indeed she can, and a lot more if you keep pressing. Swifter than a Legion advance and tougher than a deathclaw high on buffout. I'd stay away, unless you would rather have your teeth for dinner. Trust me, it's not worth it. Better off trying to find clean water."

embed.php

It was true, Charlie wasn't forgiving when he came to the prices, probably Hancock's influence too. Emily shrugged, taking another gulp of her beer. She looked at the bottle, it was getting lighter by the second and Emily didn't have enough caps to sustain her drinking habits. Reluctantly, she put the beer down, trying to make it last.

The question was a good conversation starter. Emily folded her arms and looked at Mac with narrowed eyes, but with a smirk. "What was I doing? Same as I am now." She sighed, she didn't feel like giving the whole details, it was long and drawn out. "Before that? I was with the brotherhood." Emily said, "I know, I know. Bunch of tincan assholes." Emily snorted as she leaned up a bit to dig into her back pocket, she took out the dog tags and popped them on the table. It was weird to think about that time in her life, and who she used to be. The stranger thought was her husband was still out there, executing mercilessly. Emily looked at the tags and snorted, "They didn't even let me keep my power armour." She joked.

"It was nice to sleep in a room without the threat of danger-" The thought about Daniel, "Kinda.."

The man wouldn't stop gawking and trying to chat her up. Cait would end up having to throw even more fists. She was relieved to have Taner swoop in, another thing she usually didn't like. But it was going to save her a fight, hopefully. She looked over to Taner who seemed to know what to say. She watched the scavenger frown, squirming in his seat. Yeah, he was three sizes too small to even try it with Taner, Cait was happy to know he had her back. Or at least, from other men.

Cait shook her head as she watched the scavenger turn away from them both. "Do you always play the knight in shining armour for gals, or am I special?" She chuckled as she watched the bartender move away to another customer. It felt much easier to let Taner to the talking, she understood why girls took the damsel in distress route. "I can hold my own, y'know?" She looked up to Taner with a smirk. She considered not poking too much fun, considering she was buying her drinks, but it was hard not to feel like she had to defend herself.​

rjmc-png.116120

She seemed to retract a bit at the question, or at least put her metaphorically put her shield up. At least she ended up revealing something. The man blinked at her, surprised at her past. He thought she might have been bullshitting him until she put the dog tags on the table. Putting his beer down, MacCready gently picked her little designated name collar up to examine it. "Yeah, well after seeing you shoot, it was probably more responsible for them to keep the power armor out of your grasp." He said, chuckling.

Upon giving them back, he looked her over, trying to figure out how he didn't realize her background. Of course, maybe that was the point. It wasn't the right fit for her, in his mind.

"Sounds like you made the right choice. Especially, if you didn't even feel safe there. Assuming those are on the same coin, of course."

tkl-png.116121

Potential crisis averted. Mission Accomplished. Yada yada yada. He turned his body a bit to face her, as her quips were tossed at him. Normally, he might think to hit them out of the verbal park, but for some reason he felt the need to be sincere to her. She has meet too many scum of the earth to really be phased by much he can say, except speaking from his soul. "Would you even believe me if I said the latter?" His blue eyes watching her curiously.

When she stood her ground to defend herself, his expression grew softer and a bit more vulnerable. "I wouldn't think ever doubt your toughness. You have been on your own for so long, however, I wonder if you forgotten what it's like to have someone on your side, tarraingteach curadh."

Status
Not open for further replies.