Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_npdlihQJXT1scncwdo5_540.gif

embed.php

The jerk on Emily's waistband made her heart jump. She hissed at Mac, glaring at him. In hindsight, he stopped her from going guns blazing into death, but she didn't think about that. She knelt down, trigger ready. She gripped her gun tight, ready to fire as she watched everyone prepare too. Expecting more than a vomiting man to turn the corner, Emily cringed as she watched him. Gross. Mac did the right thing, now she was ready to get rid of the rest. Especially now she knew that the people hiding behind the corner were probably raiders.

Emily nodded at Taner, as he threw the grenade. She didn't flinch when the explosion went off, alerting the living that they weren't alone. She heard the confused and angry voices getting closer. Once one came around the corner, aiming his gun right at the three. Emily fired two bullets right into the man's gas mask. She watched his body collapse into the vomit.

Now Emily didn't claim to be the most intelligent or the best under pressure, so she did what she did best, guns blazing. She stood up and fired at the line up of raiders, hoping her boys would follow.

rjmc-png.115693

He watched as the raider's head exploded from her precision. "Who knew this many idiots would gather in one place?!" RJ exclaimed before putting another hole in a raider's chest, as they came around. As the line tried to charge them, he continued to fire into them. He could see behind them and spotted another one, signaling at someone else in a whirly motion with his finger. It wasn't hard to decipher the code. He had to reload and ducked behind cover. For the most part, the main group was focused on he and Em. If someone got behind them, they would be bird food. The man didn't like it, but he had to let the others know.

"Taner, watch our ass, someone is coming around!" He yelled, before popping back out and downing a particularly naked raider by making his guts spill and start to stain the street.

tkl-png.115696

MacCready's little comment had him smiling, but the rushing raiders kept him from being able to think of a follow up quip. He being laying down fire, as they did. He dispatched one and clipped another who fell face first into the rubble in front of him. Thankfully, he had enough time to crack the baddie in the forehead with the butt of the rifle. Out cold.

As a request was thrown out there, Taner readied another grenade. Tossing it in the alleyway behind them, the explosion was followed by yelps of pain. Someone just bit the dust.

embed.php

Emily did a good job at only listening to the gunfire. She heard Mac shouting, but didn't hear what he said. She frowned hard in concentration as she fired as quick as she could. She watched the line of people get mowed down by their gunfire. Emily also ducked down as she reloaded - "Fuck me!" Emily shouted in her panic of trying to get her second clip into her gun. She quickly watched Taner protect them from behind. Much appreciated. She huffed out as she stood up again, firing two more shots into another raider's chest. The sound of an explosion was much appreciated. "Give em' another thunder!" Emily shouted at Taner, hoping the next one would wipe out most of the rest. Emily got a chance to feel her heartbeat as the number of raiders diminished. She ducked down again, trying to catch her breath.

rjmc-png.116120

"Buy me dinner first!" MacCready responded, before downing another raider. Em had called for another grenade, so he took cover. Taner's aim seemed alright but explosives were still explosives. Giving another nod to the man, it seems they were both ready. Hopefully, their third will deliver the goods and they can finally get into the combat zone.

tkl-png.116121

He nodded and readied another. There was no time to judge the angle. Just throw and hope for the best. Giving it a good fling, the young man ducked as the explosive went off with a thunderous bang. A brief moment of cries followed, and then silence. Taner popped his head back up to look at the damage he had done.

There was no one left.

Taner slowly stood, looking out at the bodies. He never liked having to do this but it was apart of the world. It had become such a place of carnage and hardship. Sighing, he moved over to the other two.

"Coast is clear."

embed.php

Emily braced herself for the explosion, not hearing a word anyone else was saying. Although, once the loud bang happened, the anticipation did make her jump a little, but the silence was more intimidating. She gripped her gun tightly as she watched Taner peer over the corner, hoping his head wasn't about be blown off. But once he gave the all clear, Emily couldn't help but to peer over Taner to the bloody mess. "Eugh." Emily pretended to gag, cringing. She had seen worse, but nobody got used to that sight.

"Well, she's in there." Emily caught her breath as she pointed to the building behind all the blood and guts. She sighed, taking the first steps into the blood. Emily then stopped, "Oh, score.." She muttered, leaning down to a blood splattered jacket, sliding out the cigarette packet sticking out of the pocket. She nicked them, along with the bottle caps on the floor. At least those weren't going to waste.​

rjmc-png.116120

MacCready blinked when Taner just sort of walked out of cover after only a quick glance. Not exactly the smartest thing the guy has ever done, but at least he didn't pay for it this time. There could always be another dickhead around the corner. Standing at the sight that the man's explosives left before him, he could only sigh. It was a nasty sight but at least it was only raiders. No one was going to miss them, and the world was better off without them.

Emily's kleptomania made him smile enough to distract from the sound of the blood being squished under his boot. It seemed that all this at least had some fruits to bear before the actual wrangling of a potential fourth.

"If you pop one of those, hand me one. It's been a pretty productive day so far. Lets get a move on before this place starts to stink and mongrels show up."

tkl-png.116121

Of course, he fell in behind them. The smell of the combustion was still in the air, and it at least masked the scent of whatever the hell the raiders got into before the firefight. Probably chems and straight up dog shit, if he were to base it on previous experience.

He didn't see much among the scorched and mangled raider parts. Other than a magazine that looked like it would fit his gun. May as well grab it. So he did.

After stepping through the rest of the gore, Taner moved up beside them both and stood in front of the door. "You think this person will be friendly?"

embed.php

Emily as wiped the last bit of blood of the bottle caps, she put them in her backpack. She didn't have the time to organize her bag, so she just chucked them in, happy to have currency. She looked up to Mac with a smirk. "Mine." Emily put away her cigarettes, knowing she'd share one with him eventually. They both had the bad habit.

Once she had put her weapon away and her bag on her back, she looked over to Taner, making a face. "She won't kill us, if that's what you mean." Emily avoided the question. She made a motion to move towards the door. Emily walked next to Mac, "She might." She muttered, looking up at Mac with a nervous smile. She then frowned as she looked on his face, noticing the small splatter of blood on his cheek. Dirt she could deal with, but being covered by someone else's blood was quite gross. "Jeez Mac-" She used her thumb to wipe away the red liquid from his cheek. Once it was gone, she turned to Taner, "I bet you get used to the splash back, hm?" She grinned at him.

tumblr_nzlbbd5ST01ri8h0lo2_540.gif

tumblr_o7k7a8qsgr1u6ua2bo2_400-png.123338

The crowd cheered as Cait threw the last punch onto her opponents face. The bell rang and Cait roared along with the cheering crowd. She grinned, blood between her teeth. Cait was probably the dirtiest fighter in the whole of the wealth of fighters. She didn't shy from biting, kicking or gauging. Nothing was off the limits. Her opponent barely could get his limbs to move him from the cage. Cait simply stepped over him, moving towards the bar. The blood was leaving a bad taste in her mouth. Plus, Tommy wouldn't be on her back until her next fight was due.

rjmc-png.116120

He knew he would get a piece eventually, since smokers tended to travel in packs. Pun intended. Still, her being possessive of the contraband was amusing, and the young MacCready smiled. Checking the rifle, he moved with them to the door.

As Emily tried to reach at his face, he froze a little bit, not knowing what she was going to do. "Hopefully, she still has a adequate working heart to not shoot on sight, or at least not murder non raiders." His eyes watched her finger as it wiped the blood away before looking her in the face. "Thanks mom, you're the best."

He slipped past them and opened the doors.

tkl-png.116121

"I try to avoid it, if I can, but sometimes the blood just seems to attract to my clothes and skin." He wiped off a bit of blood that was on his hand before heading inside. Hearing the bell ring, his attention was drawn to the bloody mouth woman who nonchalantly exited the bloodsport for a drink. That had to be whom they were looking for.

"That her?" He said, gesturing to the redhead now at the bar. She looked tough and looked good walking over to the bar. Of course, her opponent just have been a jobber.

Before waiting for an answer, he decided to holster his combat rifle and sat next to the woman. "Looks like you are having a good time out there."

"His extroversion is going to get him into trouble. Might need to put him on a leash."

embed.php

Emily shrugged, "I guess so." She turned back to Mac when he called her mom. She just gave him a sarcastic giggle. Once they opened the doors, it went a little quiet. Some people peered over, Emily felt a little awkward. It had been some time since she stepped foot in there. When Taner asked, Emily nodded then watched him walk away. She had no idea how he kept having the balls to make conversation with girls at bars. Mac summed it up nicely, "Hm, he's quite the charmer. Lets hope Cait doesn't spit in his face."

Once her beer was sent her way, Cait cracked it open with her teeth and spat the cap onto the table. She took two swigs and sighed, the beer soothing her sore mouth. Out of the corner of her eye she could see a man make his way towards her. Great, another flirt. She clicked her tongue when he commented on her fight, "It's nothin' like murderin' a pint after though." She looked over at him. He didn't look like a raider, she looked around suspiciously. The couple who slid up behind him softened her expression as she smirked a little, "You back for another beatin, Em?" She looked at the other redhead with a smug face.

Emily's face went a little pink, "You got your ass handed to you and you know it Cait." She replied quickly. That wasn't quite true at all, but it was hopefully enough banter to get Cait on board for what was to come.

Cait shook her head and looked back at the man sitting next to her, "Are you with this joker?"​

rjmc-png.116120

MacCready bit his tongue, as what he wanted to say would have been a bit of obvious jealousy. He sighed instead, and tried to be a bit more subtle. "I didn't know you were into burly guys who like to blow stuff up. If she does spit in his face, you can still jump into his arms and make him feel like a real man." He barely got out the last couple of words before he started laughing.

As Emily spoke to Cait, he managed to compose himself. He relaxed next to his friend, letting the conversation run its course. If he needed to comment he would.

tkl-png.116121

"Nothing wrong with that, certainly." He said, lounging against the bar. As his partners walked over it seemed that the history they had immediately came to light. When she looked back at him, he ended up locking eyes with her a bit. Not wanting to think he was a creepy gawker, he tried to retort.

"For the time being, at least. We actually have a business proposition, if you are interested."

Taner looked towards the other two, with a smile. "You will be paid nicely, and get to crack some heads."

"And if anyone likes action around here, it's you."

embed.php

Mac made her roll her eyes, but as soon as he started laughing Emily couldn't help it. She smiled, letting out a stupid sound resembling a muffled laugh. She shook her head, wondering where that all came from. She refocused on Taner, the slick talker. If he could talk her into business then he could talk Cait into it too. Emily shifted awkwardly as she watched Cait's reaction. She leaned over a little to poke Taner in the back, prompting him to keep talking.

She watched the trio cautiously. She may have known Emily, but the one in green looked shifty. And the offer of business wasn't something she could usually consider. Cait swigged her beer and peered behind her, watching Tommy talk to the crowd. "Ya think he's gonna let me walk?" She said looked back at Taner. Her face was rock hard but anybody could tell she didn't like that man. Cait finished her beer with another impressive gulp before turning her body back to the trio, "It don't work like that."

Emily looked around nervously, "What if we spoke to him?" She said, not aware of the contract that binded her to him, "We could pay him, y'know." She whispered to Mac, hoping Cait didn't hear that bit. She knew the Combat Zone was running on practically the slave trade. It might be touchy and Emily wasn't feeling like another beat up.​

rjmc-png.116120

She laughed. It was enough for him. Of course, the sound she made was even better. As they let Taner swindle his way into other person's life, he looked around for anything of note. Other than the Ghoul talking on stage, it seemed like the crowd was just a bunch of murderous, drunk, hobos. From what he heard about Tommy, it wouldn't be too difficult to get Cait off his hands if they cut him in. But would it be worth it? Split 5 ways? Hell no, especially if he wasn't coming with. Mac would rather chop his own leg and fed it to a deathclaw before that happened.

Of course, when Em suggested it, he didn't want to stamp out the idea just because of his greed. "Assuming that he doesn't ask for too much, I don't see why not. Otherwise, there are plenty of other heavy hitters we can try and seek out." He whispered back, his lip just barely touching her ear. He his head back a bit. "Sorry." He whispered.

tkl-png.116121

Taner jolted a bit from the back poking, looking behind him, he could see it was Emily. Thankfully, he didn't squeal. That was something he prayed no one would ever find out.

Listening to her, he nodded his head. Sighing, the young man rubbed his chin. "Granted, I am sure I am not seeing the whole picture here. The way I see it, how you go out should always be our own choice. We could go talk to him. Maybe see about buy our way out. Perhaps shoot out way out. Hell, I would step into the arena up there, at this rate, if it meant getting you free. Personally, with the gig you got going here, you are going to end up either dead or on the streets when they think you aren't what they want anymore. Either way, you're fucked. What we are offering you, is a way out. A chance to see the sun again, in what little good there is left in the shithole we got ourselves, as a species, in. The choice is yours, tarraingteach curadh. Tell us what you think we should do."

He raised an eyebrow at her, wondering what she might say.

embed.php

Emily got a weird sensation from the whisper, that made her recoil a little. He must have realized, Emily looked over to him and shook her head, "S'Okay." She said quickly, trying to dial back into Taner's attempt of persuasion. She watched Cait awkwardly, her hand just hovering over her weapon. At first because he said she should shoot out of here, then because Taner suggested Cait was gonna end up dead. She looked over to Mac, mouthing, "wow." She was glad Taner didn't pull that one with her, she would have given him a bruise. But Cait didn't seem as angry as she was expecting. Emily sucked in her cheeks, feeling like there would be more gun activity today.

The girl watched the two lurking behind Taner. She snorted at the two, wishing she could tell them to fuck off and get a room. She focused back on Taner after he finished thinking. Cait put her arms in front of her, relaxing a bit. Taner suggested some heavy shit. Of course Cait was gonna end up dead, but she wasn't exactly happy to hear it from someone. It made her a little uncomfortable to be confronted by that. "Listen tough guy, I do what I have to do." She commented vaguely. The job got her paid with psycho and put a roof over her head. But Taner suggested a way out. A glimmer of hope showed when Cait looked back at Tommy, who was watching suspiciously. Cait wondered what it would be like being free again. Hell, it had been years since she had been.

"Alright, but this better be worth it." She frowned as she stood up, "If you wanna see me walk you gotta talk to Tommy, he don't listen to me. If in doubt, punch him in his stomach, it's his weak spot." She hinted, showing that she was definitely not shying away from punching and kicking her way into the sun again.​

rjmc-png.116120

Fortunately, Em decided not to disown him. Unfortunately, Taner had more balls than brains. If it were possible, he might have shit a brick and knocked him out before it went further. He didn't know too much of Cait, getting her temper flaring was why they were recruiting her. And not try and break it and have her try and beat one of their asses. If she went for Taner, he likely would just let him take a few licks. Might hold his horses a bit more often. Of course, this would be hilarious to watch if it didn't have so many caps at stake.

When she stood and pointed out the nosy ghoul, it seemed they had their next step. "Onto the next then, Mr. Smooth?"

tkl-png.116121
She did exactly what he wanted her too. Granted, he took a risk by bringing up an evitable demise, but the hope he offered still got her going. She even managed to give him a ace in the hole, if it came to that. He chuckled at Mac's little comment. "Why yes, my manservant Cedric. It is onto the next task. I'll be right back with your freedom, unless of course you want to come with me?"

Taner began making his way over to the curious man whom had been watching them the past couple of minutes. He stopped within personal conversation distance. "Look, I already know you want to know what we were chatting about of there. So I'll cut to the chase. What would it take for your deadly dame to be able to walk free?"

embed.php

Even though she didn't notice, Emily was holding her breath. Once Taner stood up, Emily exhaled with relief. Well, he wasn't dead, yet. "How is he doing this?" Emily looked at Mac before looking at Taner, "How are you not dead yet?" She laughed, surprised at how far Taner was getting them. She shook her head as he walked up to the ghoul, his confidence almost felt like arrogance to her. But, it was getting the job done. She gripped Mac's wrist, "Don't follow him." She hissed before looking back at Cait, who was shooting up. Emily felt on edge as the crowd started booing and shouting. She slid her gun from the holder, preparing to use it.

She strapped her arm as she grabbed the needle, "Would you two get a room?" She huffed. Even though the two didn't follow Taner, she expected a bit of a fight. Cait stuck the psycho into her arm, track marks covering her skin. There was a rush of calm, then adrenaline filled her veins. She barely noticed the crowd getting rowdy.

"You think I'm lettin' her go? She's the only thing keepin' me in busy buddy!" Tommy argued with Taner. Cait knew this would happen, but the mix of psycho and the idea of leaving the zone was hyping her up. "Asshole, get another bitch to fight for ya'!" She screeched up to the stage, trying to be heard over the rowdy crowd. One guy pushed her towards the stage, trying to prompt her to start another fight. But Cait didn't take to it well. With one quick turn. Cait punched the man so hard in the face, she knocked him over the table.​

rjmc-png.116120

He stopped immediately, when she latched onto his wrist. Em meant business and MacCready was not about to be stubborn with her being hissy. Either way, it might not be a good idea to follow a reckless trailblazer like Taner. Of course, if it works, he would have to shake the man's hand.

Shaking his head, at Cait's comment, he looked over Emily. It seemed she was already taking a defensive posture. He didn't reach for his rifle. It was far to congested and chaotic for that weapon, at this point Instead, he tried to comfort his friend. Wiggling his hand from her grip, he grabbed her hand tightly. "We got this."

Reaching back, his other hand pulled out a 10mm pistol. If this was going to get ugly, Taner better hurry up his shenanigans. He watched as a man was decked over a table.

tkl-png.116121

The young man could hear the ruckus start behind him. Their potential tank was getting a head start on her eventual job. "Alright, seems I don't have time to play nice." Without another word, he twists his hips and throws a good hook into the ghoul's aforementioned weak spot. Before he could react further, Taner grabs him by the shirt. With great fire in his blue eyes, the bombmaker attempts to lay down the law.

"Now you listen here fuckface. I don't care who you think you are, or what standing you got here. But right now, I got you by the collar of your cheap dime store dress suit. You got two choices, here bucko. You can live to talk another day, and let the girl come with us....or I can knock what's left of your rotted dick in the dirt. Do you get me?"

Their faces were inches away from each other, and they could likely feel each other's breath. The aggressors being a heavy, steady flow of air. Taner never liked having to be this way, but when push comes to shove...

MacCready could see this display and was somewhat shocked at the display. "He seemed so nice at the bar."

embed.php

Emily squeezed Mac's hand before wriggling free, watching the man topple over the table. That move erupted a movement of violence. People began to get rowdy. Emily dipped into her pockets to pull out one brass knuckle, she wasn't wasting bullets when she didn't have to. She wasn't going to admit it, but she kind of wanted to try to match Cait's fist game. The two would make a great tag team if they agreed to it. Emily looked up when Mac made a comment, she turned to see Taner holding the ghoul up to his face, nearly lifting him off his feet. "Don't we all?" She commented before, "C'mon, lets make a run for it. Taner surely has made his point." She commented before jumping over the table.

Her knuckles were slammed into many men's faces. She made a point. Fists were being thrown, mainly at Cait, but she didn't seem like she needed any help. Emily hoped Taner had sorted it quickly, she wasn't the fittest person ever and all the effort she was putting in was wearing her out.

She turned back to see Taner's progress once the man was sent over the table. "Kill him if ya must, the asshole deserves it!" Cait screamed up to Taner, watching him knock the wind out of the ghoul. But the quite comment was cut short as another guy jumped on her. Cait didn't take time to throw him over her back, watching him land onto the floor with a crack. Once she turned round, the room had began to become even more violence. Men were coming at her, Cait wasn't afraid.

The fighting was basically a blur. The chems flooded her brain as she saw red. She barely noticed that Emily had jumped into the chaos too. She headbutted anyone who came close to her. She felt like she was in control, but she barely noticed as one guy had brought out a gun, and was preparing to fire it into the crowd, mainly at the two girls. Cait paid him no attention, she was too busy kicking some guy's head on the ground.​

rjmc-png.116120

RJ smirked and nodded. "Yeah, let's get Cait and blow this joint." It was a classic bar scrap. Fists, bottles, and chairs, oh my. This place had everything, and now they aimed to find the nearest exit. While he wasn't pelting the bar with bullets he had it out just in case. For now, it was just pistol whipping every jerk in sight, and there was plenty to go around.

Getting a position near the girls, he tried to help from the three of them getting overwhelmed. Cait and Emily were taking care of business, together. Their fists were difficult to match with. Taking a brief look, he tried to get a visual on Taner's little talk. They might not make it out if things get too dirty.

tkl-png.116121

"No no, you don't need to go that far!" Tommy pleaded, trying to catch his breath after being socked in the diaphragm. "Just get out of here, before they burn the place down."

Taner smiled. "I'm glad you see things my way." He gave the ghoul a little back into his chair. "Pleasure doing business with you, sir." "Yeah, a real treat, buddy." Politely, the man bowed his hand and turned to face the full on bar fight going in front him. Such a classy establishment. Thinking he better get in there, he spotted the man deciding to cheat and bring a gun to a fist first, not noticing that MacCready already had his out. Once it was apparent that he was aiming at his friends. He couldn't get to the gunman, so he tried to help. "Emily! Gun!" He shouted running to his closest target. Cait.

"Get down!" He said, tackling her down and hopefully out of the way of any gun fire.

MacCready heard the shout and spotted the gunman. "Time to go!" Trying to spray and pray, he raised his gun and began firing.

embed.php

The fight was beginning to take a toll on her. She was red in the face as she threw another punch into a girls face. The crowd was only just getting started though, she didn't even notice there was a gun in sight. Her lip was bleeding from a bottle that had been thrown at her head, but the adrenaline had prevented the pain from kicking in. She heard her name getting called, her head popped up for a second to see Taner bolting towards them, Emily wondered why. Then she saw the gun. Her eyes widened as Emily threw herself onto the ground. In danger of getting trampled, Emily crawled through the crowd, ears echoing at the bullets. She managed to belly crawl her way to Mac's legs, she looked up, "Let's get the fuck outta here!" She said, pulling herself up to see that Cait was okay. That was enough confirmation, Emily didn't hesitate to tug on Mac's sleeve as she pulled them towards the door they came through.

The whole situation accelerated through her head, she didn't hear any of the shouting coming from behind her. All she felt was a weight pushing her to the ground. To her it was another guy attacking her, so she didn't waste time turning around to knee him in the stomach. It was only when she heard the bullets she focused her eyes on the man. Taner just jumped on her, "The fuck was that for mate?" She screamed before noticing there was an actual gun fight now, not what she was skilled at. Taner had shielded her, but she wasn't gonna admit to the face she was 'saved' so to say. Instead, She just wriggled out of Taner's grip, knowing that the floor was a one way ticket to a trampling. She stood up to see Emily making a break for it. But Cait wasn't that easily pulled away from a fight. She would have to be carried out of the arena.​

rjmc-png.116120

The bullets started flying like pre-war birds going south for the winter. Bodies were starting to pile up, and before he knew it Emily was tugging on his pants trying to stand. "Don't have to tell me tw--" His words were cut off as she pulled him away. He didn't fight, especially since his clip ran out. "Quit making out you too!"

Hopefully, that got their attention to get moving before they were down to two yet again. The crowd was past the boiling point as gun were already being fired. Thankfully, MacCready and Emily made a pretty good break for it and were only a few steps from immediate freedom. "You better not lose my hat, Em!"

tkl-png.116121

One thing was for sure, Cait had a knee made of steel. He wasn't expecting it, and caught him right in a spot that made him cough hard. When she scolded him, he glared, but it seemed she realized what had happened. As she wiggled away Taner got up and punch a raider in the throat who was trying to glass him in the forehead.

When Cait tried to get back into the fight, Taner grumbled. She wasn't going to like it, but he didn't give a shit. Their life was on the line.

"Oh no you don't." He said grappling her again. Hopefully, before she could sock him again, he easily threw the lass over his shoulder and began running. "Watch this, tarraingteach curadh." as she was likely fighting the rescue, he ran harder. His hand slipped into his pocket and pulled out a grenade. Pulling out the pin the through it behind him. "And the champion goes out with a bang!" He said, laughing obnoxiously, in a radio host type of voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.