The WAM Society

F

Fijoli

Original poster
Hello, and Welcome to the WAM Society (Writing and Art Museum)Artisan circle. In this thread we can share ANYTHING that inspires us in the hopes of inspiring each-other. As Writers, and Artists it is our right to express ourselves as it never encroaches on the expression of another. Some days we do not feel the fire, we do not feel a spark, or see a light, we can become lost in a nothing that is void of even the
darkness. Here, in the Inspiration circle, we can bring in a cluster of expressive thought and share our light
so that we may help ourselves and those around us shine even brighter. Pour a little of what inspires ourselves into The larger Cup that

is "us".

This thread is for all the writers and artists to share all that

may inspire Them

be it the light or the dark.

someone they know

or someone who has long been dead

a sound

short story

an image

or words someone spoke

It is time to share ourselves and be kind to one another.

anyone can do it, and its easy

1.When something inspires you bookmark it.
2.share it here with your fellow artist and writers.
3.tell everyone why this motivated you and maybe even what it inspired you to do.(optional)

Anyone can join this Society and together we can generate massive amounts of inspiration, feed each others heads with translating feeling into words or images within us and explore the healthiest forms of expressive Human nature.

Here are some Appropriate ways for writers and artist to
recognize others for inspiring them;

See something awesome on deviant art, post us the link,
just heard a amazing composition on you tube, share it here, see someone On Iwaku that has inspired you with their poetry, Role play post, writing or art, quote their work here and share what you love about yourself, share what you love about others, and remind each-other that life is what you make it.

The WAM Society does not like mean people, we accept your sadness, praise your happiness, Listen your anger, and feel your love, however, this does not mean you can vent your problems here or attack members. We will not hesitate to boot your butt if you encraoch on the expression of another person, it will NOT be tolerated in this thread. I , Fijoli, will repremand whoever thinks its a good idea to not THINK before they POST in the WAM Society. If you have Mature content use spoiler codes and label them NSFW. If you have questions feel free to PM me or drop a question on my Profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MiNaGi Has inspired me to use my proper steps when drawing. Sharing the process with us Reminded me that I can't always take short cuts and taking my time, doing it right, will improve my own skills. Thank you MiNaGi.

I was encouraged to post this, basically a guide to where I start with art that aren't referenced.
The eight dots inside the circle, plus the lines at the top and bottom, is the height and proportion of the character. The circles are "heads" meaning a person (adult) is eight "heads" long. The line between the fourth and fifth head are the hips, the top head is the actual head, and the knees should be inside the sixth head. The hands would be around the fifth head, normally.
The circle around is a circular plate that I'm having my character nailed to, and then there's a horizontal perspective line and the vertical line was to mark the middle of the circle. (Long explanation orz, if anyone's interested they can look ok)

• Thank You
Reactions: MiNaGi
Today I went to the doctors and just to show my crybaby-ness, I saved this drawing @Crowsie did to my phone and took it with me to the doctors. Even though I cried and didn't enjoy being injected with what can only be described as Liquid lead, Crowsie's drawing made me smile and reminded me to look forward to drawing when I got home,that my life could be Way worse, and to be thankful even for a the things that hurt me.

Day 3 aceo, my current favorite music video and current favorite artist.
(Rolling Girl and Saccstry, respectively)

tumbling_female_by_lucitheprofessional-d7bl631.png

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
:0
Hey Fjol. Do you want to have that card?

This song really got to me, The piano is just so devastating and when you throw in the glitches with such an organic sound its like the past a future colliding into one another this song has inspired more ideas in my brain than I know what to do with.

Reactions: Wavedream623
@RiverNotch was the first to submit a museum challenge entry for the writer's challenge. Thank you River, I'm loving your poetry :) you've inspired me to write a poem today!!

Reactions: 2 people
@Renegade Proxy's signature had inspired me today as I was reading through their work.

"No artist will ever be able to capture the glory of that moment."

It made me remember that there is always room for growth, for improvement, or criticism. And that there is no right way to write.

Thank you~

@Renegade Proxy's signature had inspired me today as I was reading through their work.

"No artist will ever be able to capture the glory of that moment."

It made me remember that there is always room for growth, for improvement, or criticism. And that there is no right way to write.

Thank you~
You remind me that for every bad or non-criticism there is also good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Wolkenbrecher for the great Conversations and awesome music talk. Sabaton is making me want to draw all kinds of things. Inspiring :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolk
My mom is always reminding me that I'm going to find people that are utter assholes online no matter where I go...but as long as I go with the flow, get away from the drama, and keep moving forward, writing will continue to be enjoyable for me.

So far, she's been right. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Thank you @Minibit , this guide brings up very helpful and honest guidelines for not just writers but Artisans of all trades. People of creative expression can benefit from this sound advice.

If you want to make a living in the writing industry, it is essential to learn how to create inspiration and produce material on your own. As I am sure you are aware, it can take weeks or even months for "inspiration" to strike and give you a good idea; editors and producers will not give you that time.

This thread we will be discussing things we can do to produce inspiration on our own. For some people a change of scenery can help refresh their mind and perspective, other people enjoy free writing, which is writing whatever comes into their head until something good appears. There are many ways of producing inspiration and I want to hear yours!

• Free-Writing- this means getting a blank sheet of paper or an empty word file and simply writing whatever comes into your mind, you can ramble and go on as many tangents as you want. The point is to explore ideas as they come to you and eventually come across something that will help your story

• Scene change - a change of scenery can be anything from moving to another room to going on a walk, or simply pursuing another activity for a few minutes. Sometimes all your mind needs is a different perspective

• Random generators - we have some generators here on Iwaku, and www.springhole.net has a whole page of generators specifically for writing prompts

• Get Grilled - get a helper to grill you with questions about your project; sometimes they can bring up points you didn't think of, and coming up with explanations for what's already established can open doors to the future!

"Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave"
This song really inspired me one day a few years back. My mother died 7 years ago on an early Sunday morning.. it wasn't until a year or so later that I really plunged myself into the wonderful releases of writing. I only began writing poems around 4-5 years ago. This particular writing I had written that was inspired by this song was called "Monday Mourning". I no longer have the poem (or it is lost in all of my cluttered belongings.. I am not sure anymore >>) but basically it talked of how the following day was for me. At the time, I was in the middle of my 6th grade year.. I was made to go to school the next day, we had just come back from our Spring Break. Everyone talked of their break and how wonderful it was, and I was up all day and well into the night worrying about my mom, knowing she wasn't going to come back home from this hospital trip.

It rained that Monday morning when I went to school. Quite coincidental, really.​
Sunday morning rain is falling
(rained Monday)
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
(the night of her passing, when I went to sleep.. I didn't feel alone. There was a sort of soothing presence there with me..)
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
(never acted upon the thoughts, but for a while I had many suicidal thoughts after her passing.. 'Life was hard to do')
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
(I'd have done anything to have her back.)

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
(when I close my eyes, or when it's late at night and I can't sleep..she IS all I see.)
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave
Many songs get me thinking about her, but this song inspired me to write something, that actually turned out to be one of the best poems I've ever written. I try not to see it all in a sad view.. yes, her passing was tragic BUT.. if it wasn't for her passing on, I wouldn't be the person I am today.. and SHE inspires me, each and every day. My mom was not only my mother.. she was the sister I never had and my best friend. Even though she isn't here anymore, I still feel her right here with me.. and that's all I can ever ask for. I hope I can be as good a mom as she was to me. <3​

@A Tattooed Girl O.O wow!

Thank you for sharing your inspiration, and I am so sorry for this loss, no one should have to deal with losing their mother too soon!

I love that you think of her and make remember her so fondly and still find inspiration in your memories of your mother!!!

I think that you will be a wonderful mother :) I don't know you very well, but you shared such deep emotions so gracefully and any child would be lucky to have you as a mom.

Stay strong and keep writing that beautiful poetry!!! ~hugs~

@Fijoli Thank you :) <3 Maybe we'll get some time one day to talk! You seem like a really cool person by all your posts. I read them all and thoroughly enjoyed them :) I will continue to post in here and watch this thread ^^ I am getting off now though.. got a sick boyfriend to take care of! Night :)

Reactions: Fijoli