The Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffith's jaw dropped at that one- A game? A game?! Well... He did ask, so if things got weird, he only had himself to blame, really. Seeing that the wall wasn't about to say anything else, the young Asura climbed to his feet, deciding that right now, probably the best thing to do would be to speak with that Elvira lady. This idea in mind, he headed off towards her shop, getting there fairly quickly. "Hey Elvira! Are you in? i've got some stuff ta ask ya about and tell ya about that wall!" He called out.

Chi noded her head to the man and walked away to her room right away. she looked behind her to make sure she was not beeing fallowed. with an smirk she walked a hade to her room but before she could make it she bummped into a guy. she growled at him then coutuine her way to her room. she didn't need some guy in her way right now.

After hearing his story, Elvira burst out in laughter.

"Hahaha! You know, none of the people The Wall invited to play a game has made it back alive. I guess I can share this information with you, since you have been chosen by The Wall. The 'game' its refferring to is in fact the challenge of the dungeon of quests. As I said, no one has made it back from the dungeon alive, but there is one thing I would like to try out... You see, most people believe that reaching the end of the dungeon is the true meaning of 'crossing The Wall', which means that the miracle would be granted at the end of it. Thus, people have ventured there alone, only to not ever return. But, I believe that if someone could cooperate, they would have a bigger chance of making it out again. Do you think you could do that?"

Hearing this, Griffith's eyes widened slightly... And then a wide grin spread across his face. "Oh really?" He asked, a gleam in his eyes. "Well, this should prove to be fun then! I've been looking for a good challenge! Heck, if you wanna send me in there with some other people, the more the merrier! It's been a while since I've had a good throw-down." An aura sprung up around him in his excitement. "However, there is one thing I should warn you about. I'm not human. I'm an Asura. If whoever you have in mind on goin' with me has a problem with that, I don't have any problem with going on my own. I figured I should go ahead and tell you though, in case it is an issue."

Aurora laughed again.

"I've known what you are ever since you set foot on this island. I see it as my job as an innkeeper to protect this place from any possible evildoers, and so I make sure no one who steps onto it is a possible threat. However, you should warn your group if you want to use your magic. One of them is partially an ice mage, and she's sensitive to bright lights and fire. You should give her some time to prepare. As for the other one..." Aurora grinned. "Well, she's a bit special, too, but you shouldn't have to worry too much about that."

Anarchy blinked as the book was taken. "Hey, Wait!" She said, frowning slightly and starting after him. "Wait, who are you?" She was tempted to send a shadow to grab him, but decided against it, yet at least. She struggled to keep the man in sight. "HEY!" She called out again, sighing tiredly. She wanted to talk to this man. What was that book? Who is he? What's he doing? Where only a few of the questions that attacked her mind.

Madogan, who had witnessed the event from his desk, walked up to Anarchy.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine, it's just... That man who ran up the stairs just now, what room is he in?"

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you that. It's our customer privacy policy, and..." He stopped when he saw Anarchy's serious face.

"*sigh* Fine. He's in room 246, but if I you try to start a fight with him I have to throw you out. You will solve your problem peacefully, understood?"

"Understood."

Anarchy flew up the stairs, and knocked on the door to room 246. The sight that met her when the door opened confused her slightly. It was the same man from before, only he looked completely harmless.

"Oh, it's you. I'm sorry for my behavior earlier, I wasn't... Being myself. Please, step inside."

As the man showed Anarchy inside, he invited her to sit down on a chair by a table in the center of the room. He placed a plate of biscuits and cookies on the table, and poured Anarchy some tea into a mug.

"Go ahead, The least I can do to compensate is offer you some tea and homemade biscuits. My name's Gin, and I'm a practicing astrologer. But you see, I suffer from a split personality disorder, which makes me quite the evil person sometimes, and I'm sorry you had to experience it. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Anarchy picked up a cat's tongue from the plate of sweets, and smelled it. There was something suspicious about all this, but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the biscuits. She took a small bite. It was actually quite delicious; sweet, airy and slightly buttery.

"What was that book you dropped?"

"Oh, this?" He placed the book from before on the table, and opened it up. Anarchy flinched and turned her head away, but she didn't experience any of the reaction she had to it earlier. "It's my book of spells. It's nothing special, really, but it's an old family heirloom of mine, so it holds quite a bit of sentimental value. I guess I reacted so strongly to you looking at it before because of its importance to me, and the fact that I was in my second personality. I hope you can forgive me for being so rough."

What was this? Anarchy took a closer look at the book, but all she could see were some basic spells. Nothing about it seemed potentially dangerous.

Anarchy watched the book a moment before looking up at him. "Ah, I see." She stared into his eyes, wondering if he was being truthful, but understanding his problem. "Your split personality..what is it like?" She wondered where the strange feeling had come from, and if he was also a master with shadows. Her left hand sat harmlessly in a pocket, as it was cold as ice. "If, you don't mind telling, that is." She smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry, but I can't really tell. Mostly because I don't know. You see, I don't remember most of the times when my personality changes. It's like there's a completely different person inside of me. I can feel it when I'm turning, because I get this sensation of something trying to barge into my mind, but anything that happens next is a complete blank most of the time."

Gin took a sip of tea, and began munching on a chocolate chip cookie.

Griffith grinned widely. "That is fine with me! Heck, I'll consider it an extra challenge- goin' through this dungeon without using any of my ranged attacks! It shoul be fun! Anyway, when am I supposed to meet these new team-mates of mine?" He asked, leaning against the counter. "Should I just wait here for them? Or should I go lookin' for them?"

Anarchy nodded in an understanding way. She took a bite of the cookie and thought. When she swallowed, she spoke. "Sounds..interesting." she commented quietly. "Hey..sorry for chasing you down earlier by the way. I get a little carried away when I'm curious." She said, giving him an apologetic smile.

"I'll let you know. One of them is already good to go, but the other is still a bit of a wild card."

-

Gin smiled. "No problem. In fact, i should probably be thanking you. After all, you saved me the trouble of having to find you and apologizing myself!"

Griffith nodded. "Alright then." Looking over at Elvira, he gave her a once-over. "So, would you mind if I asked you about yourself?" He asked with a wink.

Anarchy nodded. "Okay." She paused. "I'm Anarchy, by the way." She added, realizing she hadn't introduced herself. "Master Mage of Ice, secondary in shadows." She smiled slightly.

Elvira leaned over the counter with a sultry smile. She put her index finger against his lips. "Sorry, I'm too much of a well kept secret to tell you about me." She leaned back and laughed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do." She said as she disappeared into her lab behind the counter.

-

"Ooh, how interesting! I bet you can do all sorts of stuff with that power. Me, I wasn't born with any set of skills. Only my weird personality disorder and this tattered old book. I guess that's why I decided to go down a line of work that requires no special powers except a vivid imagination!" He said and laughed loudly.

Anarchy chuckled a little. "Eh, depends." She thought about it a moment. "You said the book was from your ancestors?"

When Gin had finished laughing he wiped his eyes as they had become teary. He still chuckled a little under his breath.

"Yeah, Thinking about it, I'm not sure how old it's been in the family. It's just sorta... Always has been, you know?"

Anarchy nodded a little, caught off guard by his laughing. When he finished, she nodded again. "Yeah. I know." What she didn't know, is what a spellbook would be doing in a non-magic family line. She tossed the thought away. "Well, it was nice speaking to you." she said, a small smile crossing her face.

"Right, right. I shouldn't keep you too long. Please, feel free to take as many cookies as you want with you." Anarchy shook her head and said she was fine, and Gin followed her to the door. They said goodbye, and he disappeared behind it.

Anarchy stared at the wall across for a mere second before deciding to revisit The Wall. "Maybe it'll want to talk some more." She told herself, making her way towards The Wall again. "It's not like I hurt it..or I hope I didn't." she sighed, remembering the incident with the shadow. "I hope it's not mad at me."

Status
Not open for further replies.