The Walking Dead.

Hershel

giphy.gif

"Few of these would indeed be of great help, thank you." Hershel smiled at Carol as he shifted on his foot, balancing himself better, "I'll see if I can get this one work and then we can see if we can find more of these later." The old farmer nodded at his friend as she strode away and as he followed her path with his gaze, he could spot Breanne over by the fence. Carol had seemed to take a motherly role when it came to the young women in their group and Hershel couldn't have picked a better person for the job.

Walking with his crutches while carrying the sprinkler at the same time proved to be rather problematic but Hershel had faced bigger problems during his lifetime and a mere sprinkler wasn't going to get the best of him. It was a slow progress but he managed to get himself from their garden over to the water tank on the yard. On his way, he noticed the group that had been on a run returned in one piece. He could spot all of them were still on board so he didn't bother taking the detour to go greet them right that instant. He would have time for that later.

Pouring some water in a bowl, Hershel began his work of cleaning the sprinkler stake by washing the exterior briefly first. Nothing too thorough, just a quick work to get most dust away. He hummed a tune to himself as he carried on with his task at hand, being rather pleased by the fact that the sprinkler seemed rather operational.

Raider

Raider had gotten the luxury of riding shotgun on their way to the gas station so he wordlessly slipped onto the backseat as they were getting ready to leave. He had enough courtesy not to hog the front seat twice during a single run. The ride back was rather uneventful to say the least but Raider still couldn't help but to keep his eyes on the sides of the road even though the few lonely walkers that he spotted roaming around weren't exactly a threat when you were sitting in a moving car. Though small things that seemed trivial might help you get rid of your life quicker than you expected.

Once they were back at the prison, Raider hopped out of the car while pretending he didn't see Rivka having some trouble keeping herself together. It wasn't his business and if she needed help, she'd probably go talk to Carol or someone who was good with that stuff. Besides, he'd rather avoid any touchy-feely stuff at all costs, it wasn't his thing and he sucked at it. Speaking of touchy-feely, Raider couldn't help but frown at the happy reunion between the two young sisters. Not that there was anything particularly wrong in happy reunions nor did he have anything personal against either of the girls, He was simply jealous at them to tell the truth. He had lost his brother long ago but these two were still alive and together even in the madness the world had turned into. It wasn't fair. Not that anything ever had been fair in the world, especially nowadays, but knowing that wouldn't just magically change how he felt.

• Love
Reactions: GoodEveningClarice
When Brea made it clear that they were returning, Rick turned around quickly with relief. In his mind, he was planning the next run. He'd go out on it for sure. And he promised Carl too. Then of course, he'd need Quinn. Rick decided quickly in his mind, tonight when they ate together, Rick would put it up for discussion and they'd decide together who'd go and who'd stay. He made his way over and smiled at the sisters. It made Rick chuckle before he went to look over his shoulder at the men digging at the patch. Hershel seemed to have got the sprinkler working. Thank God for that man, he thought before smiling at his best friend and his son, along with Jason.He then turned around to find somebody to tell him what they found. When he spotted the sulky Raider, Rick went over, "Any good finds?" He asked bluntly. Raider proved to be useful and brave, but never seemed to want to interact too much. Understandable, and Rick didn't want to force him.

tumblr_n2x9a0PJxS1ro95bto3_500.gif

As he got over to Carol, he gave her a quick hug before leaning back, putting his hands into his pockets. Her joke knocked a quiet snort out of him before he watch Shy disappear with his cigarettes, "Eh well, he's pretty cool." Daryl commented, looking over to watch all the little reunions. When Shy appeared, Daryl craned his neck to see what he was giving to Carol. Condoms? Daryl looked at Shy as he vanished again with an exasperated look, "Nah." He said again. Daryl didn't know what made him more uncomfortable; the thought of Him and Carol, Carol and Shiloh or himself and Shy! Daryl simply shook his head and retreated when Carol left him. He also decided to walk off for a smoke, he found Shy again and lit up a smoke, "Thought you only looked for smokes." Daryl commented with ease, a small smile on his face.

tumblr_mp15hcJBhk1qh7ov5o1_r1_250.gif

"Damn it." Riv waited for the car to go silent. She really was being a big baby. No time for this, she quickly got out the car and began to unload the extra things they had collected. She wiped her brow and looked over to Carol. A small wave was exchanged and Riv lightened up a bit. Carol was always there for her, and it was much appreciated. Carol was one of the only person who didn't find her slightly intimidating. "Hey." She collected the extra cans from the back of the car and placed them in her backpack, "We got some food this time around, it'll be nice to restock our kitchen, you know?" She smiled at her.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nh0074C5I81s7m0p7o6_250.gif

Carl's hair fell in wet strands across his forehead as he worked. It was miserable work, really, but Carl believed he could handle it, and he was determined to prove such by pushing past the temporary weakness and digging the shovel deeper into the soft soil. He paused momentarily to cast a quick glance in his father's direction, then looked towards Shane. It was strange having the man around after everything that had happened at the farm, but through his father, Carl had learned forgiveness. As long as Shane was willing to teach him that neat pistol trick.

He wiped a hand across his brow and stuck the sharp end of the shovel into the dirt, letting it stand there. If his father had kept his promise, Carl would be allowed to go on the next run. And that was enough to get him excited, if in a muted and "I'm trying to be mature" kind of way. Carl had developed a habit of internalizing whatever he felt.

He leaned against the shovel and watched as the other two worked while he regained his own strength under the heat. His attention drifted towards the group that had just recently returned, looking as if he wanted to greet them and question them until his father sent him away. He twisted the shovel in the dirt.​

OOC: Sorry guys! I swear I'm not usually this unreliable. I just kept forgetting about this thread :/ but, I'm going to go back to posting regularly now.

Breanne & Clarissa Scott

. Click here to reference Breanne .
. Click here to reference Clarissa .

Deciding that asking about the next run could wait, Clarissa turned to her younger sister. "What did you do while I was gone?"

Brea shrugged. "I just patrolled the fence, mostly," She answered.

"You didn't help out with the garden?" Clary's voice was accusing.

"No, they've got enough people working over there already. With me it'd just be crowded." Clary heaved a sigh, deciding Brea was probably right. "But, I am going to pitch in more. I'm going on the next run."

Clary's gaze shifted back to Brea. She considered telling her there was no way she was going, but by now she knew there would be no way to stop her. Brea does what she wants, with or without permission. So, all she said was, "Okay."

This earned a smile from Breanne, who had been expecting an argument over the matter. She was relieved, to say the least.

Before Brea got the chance to say anything else, Clary was walking over to Rick. Once she was beside him she cleared her throat to catch his attention, and when he and Raider finished talking she said, "Hey, Rick. I was wondering what you need me to to do." She had never exactly been one to sit around, and the apocalypse didn't change this about Clarissa. "Oh, and Brea too. I think she gets tired of rounding the fence over and over," Clary added, quiter. Briefly, she looked over at Raider, to acknowledge his presence, but didn't say anything to him.

While Clary spoke with Rick, Breanne stayed behind. Honestly, their leader intimidated her greatly, and as silly as it was she tried to avoid him when she could. She of course talked to him when he started the conversation, but Brea couldn't remember a single time it was her that approached him.

@Ay-Ex @Finhawk

Hershel

With a small smile on his face, Hershel set the sprinkler stake aside, rather sure that it was in a good condition all together, if not perfect. The old man quickly splashed some water on his face to wash the sweat that had been gathering there away and to simply refresh himself under the blazing sun. The water felt heavenly against his hot skin and Hershel wished he could just do it for a second time, and a third. However, water was valuable, too valuable to waste on mere comfort, especially on hot days like that one. Staying hydrated was the main concern, not cooling yourself down. A thought occurred to the old man as he got up slowly, he'd probably miss sun screen the following day.

Peering out towards the others having a rather adorable reunion, Hershel started making his way back towards the garden where Shane, Carl and Jason still worked. Despite the insane heat trying to melt them all, work had to be done. However, overworking yourself in such conditions wasn't going to help anyone in the long run. Hershel made his way over to Carl and Jason who were busy digging away, "I'd say you two lads have done enough for now. Why don't you go see if the others found anything interesting, like comic books." The old farmer turned his head to look at Shane and gave him a small nod as a sign that he could take a break as well.

Raider

tumblr_n3vw7rSkhX1rwm836o5_500.gif

Raider was slightly taken aback when Rick decided to walk over to him to inquire about their findings but he was rather quick to recover from the shock. The man probably just didn't want to interrupt the sickeningly sweet reunions going on on the yard. Raider found it rather pointless, they had just been on a run, no need to act like they hadn't seen each others in years. However, he voiced none of that as he dully answered Rick's question, "Nothing much, some canned food and 'medicine' apparently" Raider gave Daryl and Shiloh who were happily smoking a little further away a quick glance before looking at Rick again, "And the geniuses found cancer sticks." There was no venom in his voice as he stated the obvious. He didn't exactly understand or approve of the moronic habit but he didn't care enough to harbor any ill will towards the two either.

Swiping some sweat off his brow, Raider gave Clarissa a quick glance as she walked over and he just kept his mouth shut while she talked with Rick. The young woman's eagerness to help out with anything did deserve bit of Raider's respect but the same couldn't be said about her younger sister. If you have the luxury to get tired from rounding a fence and whine about it, you seriously need a reality check. The fact that Breanne had her sister to go complain to Rick made it even worse. Raider gave a small annoyed huff as he crossed his arms and shifted on his feet slightly. His jealousy, the rather superficial view of the situation he was getting and the infuriating heat were quickly leading to a rather unfair hatred towards the two girls. However, it was most likely nothing a glass of water and a goodnight's sleep wouldn't fix.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person