The Walking Dead (Concept, App, OOC)

Name: Alexandra "Alex" K. Nightingale

Sex: Female

Description: Alex is a tomboy. Slender and athletic, more toned than actually muscular. She is also short, just over five feet tall, and very sensitive about her appearance (particularly her ass and thighs, which are larger than average). Her expressions are sharp, matching her facial features. She has a short, pointed nose and a sharp chin. Her lips are small and form a natural pout. Her hair is bright red, died that way permanently from a Halloween costume incident some years ago. Her eyes are hazel but can look green, blue, brown, or red depending on the lighting. When she finaly does warm up to people though she can act very childish. In most other cases, her voice has a permanent edge to it, so she always sounds like she is being sarcastic. She has a bit of a british accent and a few of their mannerisms, which show up more when she is angry or upset. She has no tatoos, but her left ear is pierced three times (lobe, rim, and top), and her right ear just once on the lobe.

Personality: Alex has a very take charge sort of attitude, she believes in getting things done quickly, thoroughly, and on the first try. Her tomboyish and violent tendencies, and her desire to do things quickly make her rash, and quick to jump into trouble. She has difficulty trusting people, and opening up to people, even those that she does trust. All of that being said, when she does trust someone, her extreme sense of loyalty makes her willing to put her life on the line for them, no matter what. She is very sensitive about her appearance, and often disregards compliments. She has an innate and uncontrollable fear of people touching her butt, and will not allow it, threatening offenders with broken fingers or arms.

Equipment: Her trusty backpack, camouflage print (her favorite kind) in which she keeps a number of supplies. Lots of dried out foods that last for a long time (because she always forgets they are in there) as well as a large metal flashlight, and some extra batteries for it. For emergencies she has a lock picking kit she took off of some delinquent from the few years she spent on the volunteer police force. She has two knives, one with a large flat blade that she keeps tucked away in a hidden pocket in one of her thick leather army boots, while the other is a switchblade that she keeps in one of her vest pockets. Her pants are also camouflage print, and have four pockets on each leg which can be used to carry ammunition as well as provisions. (when necessary she carries the ammunition for her various guns in them, but usually she just carries pop tarts and granola bars and the like.) Always on her person are at least 4 bags of dried apples, 3 of pears, 4 peanut butter granola bars, 8 chocolate granola bars, 1 snickers bar she is too afraid to eat, and at least 3 packages of pop tarts of various flavors. She usually wears some bland colored t-shirt, and she never wears a bra because it throws off her aim when she goes to the shooting range. She wears a massive vest with five pockets on each side (4 on each breast and one at normal pocket level on each side) in those she actually keeps ammunition. The back pocket of her pants is reserved for her permit to carry each of her various firearms, as well as her knives.

Guns: a Beretta92, with at least four full magazines (one in a breast pocket on each side of her vest, and one in each of the side pockets of her backpack), and a Remington Model 700P hunting rifle, with a five round internal magazine and enough ammunition to reload it 3 times.

Bio: Alex is always the type to be cautious, she was born in Britain and lived there until she was five before her father decided it would be better for their family to go to America, where he had heard from an old friend that police officers made more money than they did in Britain. They traveled their within the year, but without the money to live in a big city, they ended up moving out to a small town in the midwest. In this situation her father couldn't get work very easily, and ended up joining the volunteer police force instead, so that he could at least get the government to pay for the rent. Alex took after her father, and every now and then he took her to the firing range with her to watch him practice. When she was old enough she got her own permit and started practicing with him, though she was never as good a shot as he was. He would always hit the little red circle, and she would always hit the white circle around that, or the blue one around that. He said she was good for her height, because the recoil would almost send her flying. She found she was better with a hand gun, but she was a determined young girl, and constant practice taught her ways to crouch and balance herself to minimize the kickback that came along with using the rifle provided by the police force. Unfortunately soon after giving her his rifle as a gift for her accomplishments, her father was killed by a drunk driver while making a routine traffic stop. Without anyone else to support her mother and sister, she had to take up the job herself. But even after she did her best, her family decided to move back to Britain to live with Alex's grandmother. She stayed behind in America, she wasn't sure why, but she didn't want to go all the way back there now that she had become so accustomed to living in the US. She eventually gave up working at the volunteer police department, and took up odd jobs every now and then to make just enough to keep her apartment. When asked why she quit the force, she would only reply "I don' like takin' orders from fat-arse cowads."

Relations: Father (Deceased, former Volunteer Police Officer), Mother (Living in Britain), Two younger sisters (also living in Britain), Grandmother (also living in Britain)

Other info:
Combat Strengths: Quick reflexes and experience operating firearms, tactical training to work well alongside others
Combat Weaknesses: Rash and easily angered, overprotective of trusted comrades and likely to throw herself into harms way
Inept cook
Complete lack of fashion sense
Proud owner of a Baditude

-cartwheel- This is going to be a BA rp x 3 Can't wait to start

waiting on Sophi to finish editing her char i am abandoning the other people

Don't abandon me! Can't wait for this to start. :D

I'm dying from anticipation...
((I <3 smashing Zombie skulls.))

gonna give her till the end of the day then we are starting without her.

OMIGOSHOMIGOSH :rushed:

I get way too excited over these things...

GAH! I can't post now, but I will try to get on tonight. Busy, busy day today... :(

Also posted, it's been a while since I've done a British accent... i hope i remember how to do it right. =3

I apologize for my crappy post. I'm super tired, and my brain's creative juice has run out. I promise I'll do better. *pleads for forgiveness*

My character is a spoiled brat isn't she? xD

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Rin. You did well. x3 She does seem like a little brat, but it's definitely not what I'd have expected in this kind of rp, and I always love being impressed and surprised like that. =D

Yeah, I decided to venture away from my usual bass ass, tough as nails characters and branch out into something different. You never see a zombie slayer in Prada!

Can't wait to see how the other characters respond to her. xD

those heels....those heeellllssss *laughs manically*

xD I know. I honestly thought "Hey, what's the best zombie slaying outfit?" And did the exact opposite. And that's when the boots appeared. I can't wait until she trips in them, breaks the heel, and fall into some mud or something. It's like, in some twisted way, I have this opportunity to torture the popular girl in my school. >:D This shall be fun.