The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myriah - Room #5 - Joe/Cutter

The door flew open without warning, causing Myriah to jump. Her eyes were already wide with surprise by the time she caught the sight of the gun aimed at the man's chest. She brought one hand to her mouth out of fear, her mind reeling from this, images of too many hostile encounters of her own coming back to her. Before she could bring herself to say anything, the man holding the gun spoke, his tone clearly unhappy with her existence right now. She swallowed a lump in her throat, eyes narrowing in determination on the two men before her. She needed to calm down and assess the situation, for who else but her would try and put a stop to this?

This wasn't right, not from Myriah's perspective. Was Fan ordering this? As far as Myriah had heard, this man's arrival hadn't been anything too special.

"What about his friend?" she asked. She was choosing to ignore Cutter's question, instead jumping right into the thick of things. "Is someone watching them? Anything happens to him, and this is just going cause a problem with them." Her eyes danced between Joe and Cutter. "I'm just someone new around here, but I didn't receive this kind of welcome. I don't know what this man has done, but I doubt it's any more suspicious than I... or the people I care about. We'll all have to keep an eye on him and his friend, that's just how these things go, but putting them through this isn't going to foster any trust between us."

Reggie would have laughed in her face for saying any of this. Maybe Rudy as well. At least she knew Elliot would agree with her.

Elliot - Second Floor Stairway - Fan

Leaving Danny to silently grumble away with Greg, Elliot followed Fan back into the apartments. He stared at her face while they walked, ready to read her lips whenever she started speaking, but by the time they reached the stairs and stopped, Fan hadn't said a word. He was about to ask what was up when she finally did speak, but to his surprise, she started signing as well. He knew it to be ASL, and it was both fluid and clear, indicating that Fan definitely knew for a while now. Had she been signing back on the streets during the biter attack? If she had, Elliot either didn't notice or had forgotten.

His mouth dropped open a little at her admission, his eyes looking up from her hands to search for a sign that she was remorseful for her actions. She was obviously hurting, but Elliot wasn't sure how he felt about this. A condition like that was going to be a great burden with the world the way it was today, but they could have made it work, couldn't they? Joe had always said Elliot would be a burden for being deaf-- and he was certainly not the only person of Outpost to think that. Without Richard or his friends, would Elliot have come to this same conclusion? Would he have asked someone to stop him from becoming an even greater burden?

It made Elliot a bit sick to think about.

After a deep breath, Elliot began to sign. "I'm loyal. I'm here to get everyone closest to the end that they can. I can't say I feel right about the Rick situation, but..." Pausing, Elliot looked away for a moment. Fan had taken them in, so he knew he needed to show her some real gratitude. Looking back to her, he nodded. "Just tell me what I can do."

Last edited:
Scarlett - Walmart - John/Phillip/Carlos

Scarlett had kept quiet since starting their scavenge through the building. She had sent John and Phillip down towards the food area while she had gone towards the opposite side with Carlos.

She had gone over her plan a million times in her head. Claiborne had given her clear instructions to get rid of Carlos for failing to protect Sam against Hank and the group. She had tried to keep quiet and seem focused on something else rather than paying attention to him while they made their way to the Walmart.

"I can hear shuffling over there. Should we check it?"

This was the break Scarlett needed. Carlos telling her that there was something around the corner gave her a whole new plan. She nodded at the man and let him take the lead without questioning it.

"Do you see anything?" She quietly asked once they reached the corner of the aisle. Carlos said nothing but stopped in his tracks, giving Scarlett the answer she wanted. Fortunately for them, the Walmart was dimly lit by the sun breaking in through the wide front doors and front windows. The sunlight couldn't reach too far into the building, but it was enough for them to see silhouettes, which was exactly what she saw as she peered around Carlos. Two dark figures shuffling along an aisle, heading towards them. Whether they had been detected yet, she didn't know, but she did know that this was her only chance.

Scarlett gasped loudly and purposely knocked over several cans from a shelf, causing not only the walkers to begin moving towards them, but for Carlos to turn around.

"Are you okay?!"

The man sounded panicked and frustrated, but Scarlett took little time in acknowledging anything else as she shoved him as hard as she could, forcing him to step back and trip on some of the fallen items. He was the distraction she needed so that she could pull out her pistol while the walkers bent down and began to bite pieces of flesh off of Carlos. That's when she began screamed and so did he.

It only took her a couple of seconds before she began firing, hitting Carlos and both of the walkers.

Once the deed was done, Scarlett screamed for the other two a few more times before sprinting towards the front doors. She was sure those were the only walkers, or else more would've came out of the shadows. It didn't matter. By the time the thought had popped up, she was already outside and shakily putting away her gun. Killing a man was more difficult than she thought. The guilt of killing someone that had no clue what was coming was the worst she had ever felt. By the time the other two had returned, she was already composed from her tears, but was still shaking badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma - Rooftops - Thom

Emma frowned as she heard the radio buzz. She would've sworn the voice that came through was younger than even Katie Salem. She reached to the radio, tossing it to Thom, her pistol still in her hand.

When Thom spoke to the girl on the other end, Emma couldn't help but feel slightly bad about keeping him up on the roof. She sighed and shrugged. "You're not a prisoner here, you've got nobody to answer to except your... LARP people." She said. "If it's an attempt to gain trust, forget about it. You could overpower me in a heartbeat, but you haven't yet."

"If you haven't noticed, I'm not a people person, so you can do whatever it is that you came to do with Fan." She stood, grabbed his bag, and tossed it to him. She shoved her gun in her waistband, the went to the edge of the roof and hopped down to the fire escape, waiting for him to follow."

She breathed a sigh as she looked down at the apartment building. She could see Greg, Fan, Elliot, and Danny digging a hole. Emma closed her eyes, rolling her shoulders. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about this place, still. She was slightly disappointed, despite the fact that she'd been reunited with both Monica and Danny. She'd envisioned meeting up with her friends again - She'd envisioned Abe, Shannon, James, Danny, and all of her friends to be together again.

No... Shannon and James were dead... Abram was God-only-knows where... She'd gotten her hopes up when she'd been traveling on her own.

The fact of it all, the fact that she didn't want to realize, was that she was still just a kid. Sure, she'd survived more in the past year than most grown women went through in their whole life, but she was still just a fifteen-year-old that missed her family and friends.

Presently, a cold breeze wafted past her, stinging her eyes and causing her eyelids to water. She wiped the brimming tears away and shrugged again, trying to shake the exhaustion from her shoulders. She turned as Thom joined her on the fire escape, the two of the descending the metal staircase.

@Josh M

Reactions: Atomyk
Cutter-Room #5-Myriah & Joe

Cutter listened to Joe and he was okay with what was said, the man had a rough time lately. That was fine. HE knew the stakes, but this new woman didnt. The minute that woman spoke Cutter knew he wouldnt like her, she spoke as if it were the old world. That aiming a gun at this mans chest was such a big damn crime in these times. Cutter grew indignant hearing the woman talk and crooked his neck up at her.

"The only reason you werent treated like this when you arrived is because you came when I was gone," Cutter said with a dangerous glint to his eye, "If it were up to me all of you would be on watch. This man could've wounded that woman, and he and his friend could be plotting to cut our throats tonight. You dont know, I dont know, but he knows."

At this Cutter stood and looked down at the woman, his frame was wider than hers and he stood several heads taller. He was angry at her, though he'd never hit a woman unless necessary he had threatened many. But then he thought about Fan, she'd yell at him if this woman complained. But Cutter was not in the wrong, so he'd make himself the nice guy for a moment.

"Look sweetheart, I'm making sure he doesnt run and hurt my friends in the process. But since you're so concerned with him being treated nicely, he's all yours."

With that Cutter moved his large figure through the doorway and down the hall towards the street. He wanted some air. And to get a look at that other dude. Cutter began wandering around trying to find him.​

Last edited:
John - Walmart - Scarlet

The first sign of something wrong was the sound of the cans dropping. The second was the gunshot. The sounds of his boots resonated throughout the building as he ran to the sight of the attack. He saw Carlos being mauled to death by the Walkers. With Scarlet gone, he did notice something a bit strange at the moment of shock - The holes in Carlos, then those in the Walkers. Too many to just kill them. Something just felt wrong. It might have just been him though. As he looked at Phillip, he nodded toward the front. "Let's go. We cannot stay here before the others come." He said before walking away, pistol held tightly in his hand before he saw Scarlet at the front. "Don't explain. Move." He simply said as he looked behind him, and even through the sound of her trying to speak to him, John would simply respond the same. "No time to explain anything. Simply move." He said as a hand was placed against her back before he extended his right hand outward as a secondary defense. "Carlos is gone.. Just Phillip and us."​

Fan and Elliot - Second Floor Stairway

Smiling slightly, Fan nodded. She would sign back to the deaf boy, "Thanks, Elliot. I'll keep that in mind. I'm not proud of help Rick take his life, it hurts me. He was a paranoid schizophrenic. He was violent and dangerous when he was off his meds. He loved Asya, he's girlfriend, yet that didn't stop his sickness from having him attack her, having to have me hold him back as Greg was coming to help. I took an oath to do no harm when I became a doctor, but Christ, this world, right? It turns all of us into shit."

"I guess."

Elliot wasn't sure what else to say. He supposed she had a point, considering what both he and Myriah had done. Placing that biter to act as her corpse had been his only contribution to the plan, but the fire had ended costing the life of Amanda and too many others. Elliot didn't think he would ever forget watching Aoife stumble out of that barn with a bloody hole in her chest, the girl moaning as she fell upon Joe and essentially ended his life.

Who was Elliot kidding? He was no doubt one of the shittiest people here.

"I understand. You did what you had to do. That's what we all do, for better or for worse." The boy let out a deep sigh, dropping his hands into his lap. He looked downcast for a moment, trying not to think upon all the harm caused. Not just by himself, but by everyone in this world. Joe, Tyler, Magnus-- could Elliot say any of these people were bad people before this all started? He supposed he would never know for sure.

"It still doesn't change what I did. My theory about surviving is this; the day you don't feel any guilt or sadness for some horrible thing you did, that's the day you lost your soul. That's the day when you're no better than the biters."

Elliot nodded. That, at least, he could agree with. Raising his hands, he signed, "Danny is not in a position to be given any kind of responsibility. He was in charge of a group before and things went as badly as they could. It broke him a little. I've never really been in that kind of position."

He shrugged. "So, I don't know."

Fan nodded, signing back quickly. "I'm sorry about your friend. Some people just can't handle it. Hell, I still have trouble with it." Fan would pause for a moment, before she returned to signing. "You've never been a leader, or held authority? Would you be interested in trying it? I know it's a lot to ask, but I'm not dumb to think I can do it by myself... What about your other friend? The woman? What's her name? I haven't met her yet."

Almost instantly, Elliot signed, "I'm deaf." He waited a moment, looking embarrassed before adding, "Obviously. I meant, I don't think I'm the best choice. I'm capable, I think, but I know some people won't listen to me based on that. It's just how things are." Elliot and Richard had tried to keep his hearing aid going for a while after society fell, but Outpost's scouts were never able to find the right batteries, leaving Elliot to have to live without it. Of course, it's not like having even that made anyone take you more seriously.

Moving on, Elliot took a moment to think on how to describe Myriah. "I'm surprised she hasn't talked your ear off. I guess that's not the kind of person she is anymore." Elliot paused, looking slightly forlorn. "She has experience. She used to lead a very large group down near New Orleans, but she hated leading people. She ended up sabotaging herself, both intentionally and unintentionally."

Quite the crew they were; a broken man, a guilty woman, and one deaf guy. Elliot wouldn't be surprised if Fan thought them ridiculous. "So, please, don't put too much on their plates. If anyone from my group, I would suggest Damian. I still can't say I know him well, but he's always taking charge on his own."

Fan sighed briefly. She didn't want to ask too much from his group, but something he signed to her, it bugged her. "I understand, Elliot. I just have to say, if you being deaf is the only reason you don't think handle it, that's bullshit." Fan knew though were rough and could hurtful, but she had to say it. "My mother, she was the strongest and most confident person I ever met. She was born deaf, yet that didn't stop her from rising five kids, keeping them in order, help running my father's restaurant, while also working at the local library in her spare time. Being deaf didn't stop her from doing anything or achieving her goals. So, I refuse to take that from you. Is it harder now than back then? Damn right, but everything is harder." Fan would stop ranting and pause.

"... You just do want you want, Elliot. I'll support you."

Elliot didn't move for a long moment, the conversation pausing while a man passed them down the stairs. Once they were gone, Elliot sighed and rubbed at his legs. Fan was right, and maybe this was a conversation they could better have when they knew each other better, but it wasn't something Elliot was prepared to approach. "You don't get it. It's just better if you put Damian in charge."

With that, Elliot stood up. "I'm going to go back to help Danny and Greg. I'll talk to Damian later." And then he was gone.

Floyd - Walmart - Scarlett/John/Phillip

Munching on dry muscle tissue of the overcooked squirrel, Floyd slowly kicked at the sand under his feet to put out the fire before him. He lay on the sole of a tree's sturdy trunk under the radiant sun. There were no noises around, but his continuous lack of sleep was taking its mental toll on him. Floyd would find himself dozing off more frequently than before, hearing sounds that just were produced by his imagination. Then all of a sudden sounds burst through the woods that was by no mistake forged by mind's eye.

It had been a flurry of gunshots, ideally from a pistol or single fire rifle. With attention drawn, Floyd quickly started towards the noise. He had high hopes that the trigger was pulled by Hank or the others, not considering that it might not be any of them.

Still, Floyd became cautious as he reached the edge of the woods and the beginning of civility. The road was heavy on his eyes as the mirage of water on a hot day reflected sunlight. He squinted slightly whilst witnessing living beings rushing out of the superstore before him. Hidden near the trees, it was nearly impossible for them to spot him but he was in no way far - less than a hundred feet. With shoes full of mud and patches of elbow grease all over the rest of his clothes, Floyd rushed skeptically to get closer but remain under cover. He now crouched behind a car, slowly making his way around it to get a better look at the events unfolding before him.

At the range in which he stopped, he was still a bit too far out to get a good look at their faces. One thing he managed to determine is that they were definitely not the people he was looking for, but they had weapons and could be unmanageable threats. Considering his choices now, Floyd turned around in attempt to sneak back towards the trees. Slowly he jogged with his back crouched in that direction when all of a sudden a walker broke away in his direction - the gunshot must of called them from hiding.

Grunting, Floyd quickly reached for his blade noticing two more walkers joining them on the street-side. He turned around to look at the faraway group who were still oblivious of his presence. He bit the edge of his bottom lip a couple of times to register himself and get his mind ready to attack. Then just as he lunged forward with his knife raised, reinforcement walkers emerged from the pinewood which made Floyd curse under his breath. He turned right and they were coming, turned left and saw them approach his way. The only way to go was towards the gunslingers near the superstore.

With a single option remaining, Floyd started towards the people. He first jogged but slowed down upon gaining ground on them. Gradually he started making the face of the first man, one he did not recognize. Then the second man's facial features came into view - and it was one he remembered.

"That's the dumbass from that left," he thought to himself - recognizing the soldier John from when they first met at the local store upon a horde attack. That day was more memorable to Floyd as the day Samantha kissed him out of nowhere. Anyhow, that's when his eyes grew a bit more. The third person with the men was Scarlett, Samantha's twin sister. Laying eyes on her Floyd could only see Samantha's features and felt the downpour of her loss. He had kept all those emotions locked up inside him, not wanting anyone to think he cared - especially Hank or Jess. He was supposed to be strong for them, but Floyd was also human.

Raising his hands up Floyd attempted to catch their attention, which he did. In addition he had put his knife away prior to getting any closer to the group. He didn't speak though, not wanting to attract anymore walkers than the ones following him - which were about ten to twelve. He just hoped they remembered him, at least he hoped Scarlett would.

Scarlett - Outside of Walmart - Floyd/John/Phillip

Scarlett hadn't said a word since the others had found her outside of Walmart. Phillip seemed to be as uninterested as he was in the beginning of their trip, while John seemed to be trying to concentrate on something else. She wondered if they had gone to see what had happened but but her tongue, hoping that they hadn't.

"The gunshots drew more of them in."

Scarlett pointed over to the left, where some walkers began to shuffle out of an alley. It wasn't many, about five total, but it still alarmed her. There were bound to be more. Yet, even with the threat of the walkers, her mind was now busy with the worry of not finding what she had come out for. The Walmart was empty with the exception of the dead, and there were no other signs of where Hank and the others would've gone. It seemed like a fading hope and her anger felt as if it was being snuffed out. She had just killed a man that had to deal with Sam's death and it made her feel just as empty as she had felt before.

Her feelings of hopelessness lasted only a moment or two before she saw a familiar face approaching them.

"Floyd?"

Her emotions once again stirred, causing her voice to break slightly as she went from feeling sadness to anger. The last time that she had been around the man was when the group had split up. It was his and Hank's fault that her and Sam had gotten in the fight to begin with. He seemed as if he had seen a ghost, which for a brief moment, made Scarlett glad that she looked exactly like Sam and even had the same voice as Sam. It satisfied her that it would remind everyone of what they had done.

Without thinking, the woman pulled out the gun and aimed it at Floyd, who had foolishly put his own weapon away. She could hear John say something, but Phillip intervened by mentioning that they needed to take out the walkers before they did anything else. This made Scarlett stop to think about her actions. Floyd would know where Hank was, and if she shot him, he'd either die on the spot or bleed out. Every muscle in her body ached for her to pull the trigger, but instead, she lowered her weapon and sped up to meet Floyd.

As she neared the man, Scarlett decided to place the safety on her gun and tuck it away, not wanting to do anything foolish.

"Where's Hank?" Her voice was low as to not attract the dead, but the anger was more than audible. The closer she got to Floyd, the more she began to feel other emotions rather than anger. Tears began to stream down her face but they weren't exactly tears of sadness. She had too much frustration in her at the moment and she didn't know what to do with it.

Once she reached Floyd, Scarlett didn't care if he'd fight back or not, she simply grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him away, trying her best to shove him against the nearest vehicle. She wasn't the strongest person around, nor was she nearly close to being the same size that he was, so anything she did, she had to put all of her effort into it.

Still, it resulted in her merely shoving Floyd.

"Where is he?!"

Hank - Road to the Apartments - Enrique/Aubrey

The vehicle had been left behind for Abram, Jess and Teresa to claim their own. The group decided to split it two in order to follow their own interest - one which varied for each individual. Hank wanted to find Floyd, but wandering around aimlessly was not going to help the situation. He needed to find a place to remain still, let Floyd do the tracking as he was more suit to the skill. Enrique and Aubrey chose to follow him, possibly claiming his leadership adequate - or maybe it was just the desire to remain under leadership.

Nonetheless, their inquiries no longer had meaning, survival was the imminent strategy. The map revealed they were approaching central Natchez where most of its architecture was built. Hank made the decision to go there in attempt to find food and other supplies. They left most of their food with Jess and the baby, giving them a more sense of security.

"Were coming up on this sector here," Hank stated, pointing at where they were on the map whilst showing Enrique. They had been walking for some time now and really needed some rest.

"I can't tell by this map, but there should be some buildings up ahead here. We'll check them out, see what we can find then continue forward to this place here on the map, near the lake. We'll rest there for the night."

He then turned around to see that Aubrey was still following. "Make sure she's doing alright," he instructed Enrique, feeling he'd have a better chance talking to her since they were seemingly always at each other's sides since they grouped.

Hank then continued to lead, looking up at the sky and it's birds fly peacefully through the afternoon breeze. It had been a while since he felt this sort of serenity from the wilderness - it was flawless. Having less people to watch over gave him a sense of relief, but knew it would come with consequences. Leaving Jess and her child behind would not go well with Floyd upon reassembling. It was definitely going to be something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Guards

"Now I do not care what you think or what is bottling up in your head, I want you to figure out what he is PLANNING!!" Clay yelled at one of his personal guards, slamming his hand widely on the tabletop. He stood up and turned around to look out of the window, finding Nathan outside near the gates talking to who appeared to be Mel and Ridely.

"Forget it. There is something going on and I know this, but it doesn't matter. It is time for me to take matters into my own hands," he stated, walking out of his office after bumping his guard aside.

"Do not follow. Make sure everyone is doing their assignments. Just check the schedules, I will return."

Clay then started down the hallway, turning right and heading to the nursery. Upon reaching the door he stood there still and silent. His eyes seemed droopy and lost, but he knew exactly what he had to do. It was time to show Nathan that conspiring against him was costly - and he was going to lose excessively for his betrayal.

"Hello Anna."

Joe- Room #5 - Myriah

As Cutter berated the woman, Joe cringed. The man walking off in anger would leave the two in the room alone.

"Well, umm, isn't he pleasant?"

Joe chuckled, trying to making the mood less dreary.

"Hey, thanks for sticking up for me. it's nice to see good people. I've been dealing with nothing but shit, recently. I'm Joe, I didn't catch your name."

@Atomyk
....................................................................................................................................................................................

Fan- stairways - Elliot

If you change your mind, I'm here."

Fan signed, leaving Elliot as she would walk away. Hearing the yelling of Cutter's voice earlier Fan would catch her friend, she would blunt asking him a question, now standing beside him, but not looking at him.

"So, I heard you yelling at Mryiah and that Joe guy from the stairway. You don't like the way things are run, huh? If you a problem with the way I run this place, say it to my face."

Fan's voice wasn't flinching, she was willing to stand her ground
...............................................................................................................................................................................................

Thom - rooftops -Emma

Thom watched as Emma went down Metal stairs. Thom knew if he left this rooftop without permission, any chance of trying to get on Fan's good side was dead

"Look, I'm not supposed to leave. If you want to ditch me, fine. I'm just going to stay up here."

@SheriffLlama

Enrique-Road to the Apartments-Aubrey/Hank
Though leaving the group had seemed like an odd decision, for the two pairs to split was necessary. Enrique didnt have allot of problems with it, leaving the woman with the baby seemed bad. But it didnt seem like it would ruin their chances of survival, especially with the food they'd given them. Enrique had been more than happy to give them more of the food while taking ammo for his rifle. He had it in his hands and his pistol in his beltline. After Hank explained the plan and told him to fall back to talk with Aubrey he lazily set his rifle across his shoulders and hung his arms over the barrel and stock. He dropped back by slowing his pace then picked it up to maintain his position at her side. He wasnt sure how to start so he just said it bluntly.

"Hank wants to make sure you're all right," Enrique said, "I dont think your weak or anything. But are you good?"
Cutter-Apartments-Fan
After he'd stormed out of the apartment room he had began walking. Fan found him, no doubt from his notoriously loud tread, and stopped him. She didnt look at him. Which served in no way to calm him, he didnt like that kind of subtle aggression. It angered him near as much as someone trying to be directive aggressive.

"Look Fanny, the way you trust so many people we dont know. Even the way you frisked that guy, you arent careful enough." Cutter didnt show any weakness in his voice, this was a warning, "People like these could easily cut your throat in the night because we arent keeping them observed or locked up. Who gives a damn if he brought some girl in here for us to help her. She could easily have been wounded while they were scouting us out, so he took it as a way in and tonight he's gonna go on a rampage. And then that new girl, her ass thought I was being too rough by pointing a damn gun at him."

Cutter grumbled and rubbed his eyes before putting a hand on Fan's shoulder.

"Since this shit started I've survived by being cautious of these people, and you should be too. I've never been killed and I dont intend to, especially not by someone you deemed worthy of trust because they showed weakness."​

Aubrey - Road to the Apartments - Enrique/ Hank

Finally, Aubrey's prayers had been answered. They had left the others who seemed to be more of a liability, rather than an asset. To have someone with an infant would only bring them trouble, which had already been confirmed by her going after Floyd, causing him to be separated and possibly dead.

The young woman didn't even know why she had chosen to stay with Hank. Maybe he reminded her of Tremblay, and the others she worked for. Or maybe it was just a survival thing. Both Enrique and Hank showed the ability of surviving, which was probably the deciding factor for Aubrey.

She hadn't noticed when Enrique had slowed down to walk next to her, which made her jump a bit.

"Oh. I'm fine. He could've just asked himself, but whatever." Her voice wasn't the usual tone of a judgmental bitch, but she was slightly sarcastic. "I wouldn't mind a shower though. The blood dried and I can feel it everywhere." She gave Enrique a small smile before turning away and switching her bow to her other hand.

Alannah - Morgantown - Claiborne Bonder

It was the usual time that many of the people of the community took a break, which meant that most, if not all, of the kids were going to get 'picked up' from the room that they called the Nursery.

"I'll see you later! Rachel will be here when you come back." Anna smiled at a little boy as she walked him to the door where his mom was waiting. Her eyes widened as she saw Claiborne behind her and she cleared her throat before apologizing to the mom and excusing her out of the room. "Clay, come in." She looked at him with worry, wondering why he came to her during this time.

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly as she shut the door and walked over to him.

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Alannah

Smiling at Ms. Rachel upon her withdrawal, Claiborne closed the door in preparation to have a personal conversation with Anna. Without her knowledge, the door was locked from the inside upon being closed. Turning his attention back to the nurse, Claiborne gave her a warm smile. The gesture provided her with a sense of relief for he was not in any kind of physical pain - it was all emotional.

"I've come for important matters Anna. There is a problem," he paused, taking off his hat and laying it on a nearby table. He managed to take a seat afterwards, sitting on a small rolling stool which he kept still.

"There are darker days ahead of us. The community is afraid of these attackers. I have made decision that will keep us safe of course, but behind my back, your man, your Nathan takes it upon his hands. Without consent or my knowledge he continues to put us in jeopardy. He is a coward that makes decision from his heart, not his head. Sometimes we have to do the dirty work to get things done, but he.............he does not see it!" Claiborne stated with a raised voice. His eyes grew wild, pupils staring deeply into Alannah's figure. With a gruff sigh, he wiped his face with his mere hand.

"Nathan believes he is the rightful leader. He believes his decision will keep everyone here in Morgantown safe, but he is wrong. He is not alright. He wants to get into this role, but I see him sitting there looking like somebody's punching bag. So what does he intend to do now? What? Does he expect someone else to handle his business? You maybe? Me? No," Clay continued, standing from the stool and heading towards Anna. He now stood before her, cornering her to a wall.

"It is not the violence that sets men apart, alright? It is the distance that he is prepared to go. Anna, look at me. I will tell you what I tell Nathan. We're survivors, we control fear.........and without the fear, we are all as good as dead. Do you understand? Do you?"

"What I'm getting at is........." he paused, took a breath then came crazing forward with his fist against her stomach, causing her to tumble to her knees. Before she fell he grabbed her by the hair and covered her mouth his the other, pulling her back up to her feet. His eyes were red from how painful it was for him to act in such violence against someone he cared for, but it was necessary.

"..........I am the fear. I want to show you what I do. This happened because you man is out of line. He is beneath me! I can kill him if I wanted to as I can kill you. Put your man back in his place. He will not know what happened here today. If he does. Both of you are dead." Clay then let her go as she tumbled back down. He rushed out the door and harshly shut it closed upon his departure back to his office.

Last edited by a moderator:
John - Outside of Wal-Mart - Phillip, Floyd, Scarlett

They were out of range from them. Or well, John thought as he saw the small band of Revenants coming closer as he looked at the bandwagon he was in. As he thought of anything so he can evade them, he then noticed something - Some one waving at them, beckoning them forward. As the group neared him though, Johns primal instinct raised the pistol toward Floyd. He stared him down with deep flames in his eyes, but underneath his skin he was full of regret and fear. Fear he would speak the truth. He simply followed along Scarlett, the entire time keeping the hard stare. If he was to move an inch or try to hurt Scarlett, he would have pulled the trigger. "Watch out with him, Scarlett." He said with a straight and very intense face to strike fear into Floyd. Although in the back of his mind, he thought it wouldn't work, it might keep him less worried over him and more towards Scarlett.​

Floyd - Outside of Walmart - Scarlett/John/Phillip

With walkers closing in, Floyd decided to act against his oppressor for both their interest. He took Scarlett by the wrist and pushed her off "Get off me!" he shouted, looking at the walkers that seemingly moved quicker than most. One had already reached them without her knowledge which caused Floyd to draw his blade. With a swift maneuver he rushed forward and crammed the blade through it's fragile skull. The body fell motionless onto the hard surface, its black blood oozing out of its limp body. Floyd turned his attention to Scarlett ones again and started towards her.

"I don't know where Hank is, we go-" he was forced to stop as blood sprayed from the side of his neck and his balance became unsteady, propelling him backwards onto the ground. The buzz of the firearm that was shot came from John who seemingly fired upon seeing Floyd close in on Scarlett. It didn't appear to be an act of aggression,

"Ughh..........What the hell?" Floyd said, still laying on his back with his eyes closed. He applied pressure to the deep cut on the left side of his neck whilst walkers continued to make their way towards them. Starting to roll over, Floyd looked up to find walkers rather close to their current position. He looked over to see who had shot him to find it was that damn idiot. Hurting, he forced himself to apply more pressure making the blood drip down his neck and staining his collar. It wasn't everyday that he was shot, so he didn't exactly know how to react. He felt dizzy and couldn't find his footing to stand up so laid on his knees for a good second.

"Son of a bitch shot me," Floyd commented, stating the obvious. He hadn't even done anything to these people. With walkers dangerously closing in, Floyd had to force himself to stand. He stumbled to his feet but achieved to regain his balance upon using the car for stability. With eyes burning, it started to get hard for him to see properly but managed. He could see himself being surrounded by the dead as was Scarlett. They were not only coming out of the forest, but from random surroundings. It was about to get interesting.

Cutter-Apartments-Fan

Puling away from Cutter, Fan turned, now facing Cutter

"After the shit that happened with Anton and our old group in the beginning, I should be offended. Jesus Christ! My judgment has kept you and I alive, and you know that! I have people watching Joe, the girl, and that "knight guy on the roof", Cutter. Looking, when I was working in the E.R, I had to deal with judging about if people were lying about how they got their injuries. When that Joe guy came with that girl, he gave a look I've seen too many times. It's my job to help him, Cutter. I took an Oath. Hell, I already breaking part of it by killing people, i'm not breaking all of it. I honestly think the Joe Guy, and this girl aren't threats. That doesn't mean we're not guard them. "

Fan would at one of the buildings across the street.

"Now that Thom guy? He admitted spying on us. He claims he was trying to see if we could be trusted. He's been nothing but upfront and honest. You read the scroll, his group wants a partnership. That could do us a lot of good, Cutter. However, I'm weary of him. He carries a fucking cellphone full of music. He's too causal for my liking. Joe, he said Thom took out a small group of biters to save him. Ugh."

Fan sighed as she grabbed her head.

"What do you think of all this?"

@HellHoundWoof

Scarlett - Outside of Walmart - Floyd/John/Phillip

The fact that the walkers were closing in on them did not register with Scarlett as she stood in front of Floyd.

He acted much faster that she did, pushing her off to the side and killing the nearest one. Unfortunately, their semi-calm situation; at least in her opinion, ended before it could even really start. Scarlett's eyes widened as she saw John shoot Floyd, and her anger flared as she turned towards John.

"What the hell?! Why'd you fucking shoot him!?"

Rather than taking her her gun out, Scarlett quickly unsheathed her machete and pointed it at John. "Make yourself useful, and go take out the walkers with Phillip. I can take care of myself." Her anger was almost palpable, yet it still held a tinge of worry as she began to fear for Floyd's health and their over all survival.

After giving her orders, and hoping that John decided to follow them, Scarlett began to move quickly and wrap an arm around Floyd's waist. For a fraction of a second, she felt bad for the turn out, but quickly remembered that she had wanted to shoot him herself.

"Floyd... Floyd stay with me. Come on, we gotta get in a car. Right now." With that being said, the woman began to help Floyd stumble over to the passenger side of the vehicle he was leaning on. "It's locked!" She shook the door handle violently and let out a frustrated cry. "Okay, okay. I can fix this." She was talking to herself while thinking, but with everything that was going on, she didn't exactly care who heard her. "Wait here," she muttered as she helped Floyd lean on the side of the vehicle. With a quick scan around her, she stepped back just a bit and began to hit the passenger window with everything she had. The machete was strong enough to withstand the blows but the noise was unbearable. After several blows to the window, she turned around once again and left the vehicle to take care of two of the nearest walkers, landing her machete through their foreheads before returning to the car window and finally smashing it in.

"Got it!"

She was out of breath but it didn't matter. With fluid motions, she unlocked the door and leaned the seat of the broken glass, cutting herself in the process. Once that was done, she reached over to the drivers seat and unlocked the door before rushing out and going to where Floyd was. "Come on, I got you."

"John!?" Scarlett shut the door on Floyd and turned, her eyes widening on how much the walkers had progressed. With much hesitation, she finally put away her machete and drew out her gun, taking aim and shooting at the walkers as she moved to the drivers side, hoping that luck was on her side so that they could get out of there.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alannah - Morgantown - Claiborne

While listening to Claiborne speak, Alannah had a feeling of unease overcame her. Something wasn't right but she couldn't exactly put her finger on it.

"Clay, I don't think Nathan is..." Unfortunately, Anna couldn't get anything she wanted to say out. Claiborne was set on delivering his speech, and trying to make Anna understand what he saw. The real fear didn't set in until the man began to get closer to her. His body language was completely off. He never approached her with the demeanor that he had now. The look in his eyes was not one she had seen before.

She had not noticed that she had been backed into a wall until her hands reached behind her for the door and it was no where to be found. "Clay, I think we should sit down and think things.." Once again, interrupted, but this time it wasn't verbally. Her eyes widened as she looked down in time to see Clay's fist crash into her lower abdomen, which cut her breath short and knocked her down to the floor. The pain was unbelievable as it surged threw her entire body, but mainly focused on where her poor baby was.

"No," was all she managed to mouth as she wrapped an arm around her stomach.

Before trying to look up, she was already being forced to look at Clay by being pulled from her hair. She could barely keep herself up, if not by Clay pulling her hair.

She nodded frantically at him as he threatened her and Nathan's life, just wanting him to leave. Once he did, Anna fell back to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably and curling up into a ball. The baby wasn't going to survive. There was no possible way, and being as far along as she was, the possibility of her not surviving were pretty high up there as well. Without proper medical help, she would surely die in a matter of weeks.

With everything running through her mind, Anna chose to lay on the cold floor in silence, sobbing until no more tears nor noises came out of her.

Aubrey - Road to the Apartments - Enrique/ Hank

Finally, Aubrey's prayers had been answered. They had left the others who seemed to be more of a liability, rather than an asset. To have someone with an infant would only bring them trouble, which had already been confirmed by her going after Floyd, causing him to be separated and possibly dead.

The young woman didn't even know why she had chosen to stay with Hank. Maybe he reminded her of Tremblay, and the others she worked for. Or maybe it was just a survival thing. Both Enrique and Hank showed the ability of surviving, which was probably the deciding factor for Aubrey.

She hadn't noticed when Enrique had slowed down to walk next to her, which made her jump a bit.

"Oh. I'm fine. He could've just asked himself, but whatever." Her voice wasn't the usual tone of a judgmental bitch, but she was slightly sarcastic. "I wouldn't mind a shower though. The blood dried and I can feel it everywhere." She gave Enrique a small smile before turning away and switching her bow to her other hand.
Enrique-Road to Apartments-Aubrey/Hank
Enrique smirked at her jumping, she was in another place. He didnt blame her, he often thought of other things. Mainly Amanda, even before the outbreak he'd never found a girl more compatible with him. She was his soulmate and it took an Apocalypse to find her. He thought back to the wounds he'd suffered from this outbreak. He had scars over his shoulder, a few in his leg, which now had a limp, and a decent cut on his upper lip that had already scarred. He had shaved recently but he already had stubble forming. It was odd. His hair was cut in a mess and he needed some kind of hat to keep it under. He turned back to the conversation, dried blood. He remembered what he did to those scouts, for Tyler. He had gone medieval on those poor boys. All in the name of Tyler and his daughter.

"I know, worst thing to do is scratch." Enrique said with a smirk, "When we stop I'll help you look for some water or something. That or find you a rag."
Cutter-Apartments-Fan
Cutter listened, she knew what the issue was but she persisted that it was handled. Didnt matter. He'd be safe and Greg'd make sure she's safe. But when she asked his opinion he grumbled and looked at her.

"I personally think anyone who is new needs to be kept under lock and key for at least a week, but I also think if we just killed them on the spot we'd have allot more medical supplies and a few less mouths to feed. But you being as soft hearted as you that aint gonna happen. I trust you Fanny about as far as I can throw you. And last I picked you up that's pretty damn far."

He flashed her a smile, "Just dont let them cut us up in our sleep."

Emma - Apartments - Thom

Emma groaned under her breath. She sat on the rail of the fire escape. "I'll get fan." She said the descended the metal stairs. At the bottom, she skipped the ladder and jumped down to the dumpster, then to the ground. She walked towards the main building taking the steps one at a time.

She breathed out as she entered the shaded indoors, a chill creeping down her spine. She wound the halls until she found Fan and Cutter, ignoring the latter.She briefly recounted what Thom had said, including the little girl in on the radio. "Now what?" She said, rather curtly, and visibly apathetic.

@Josh M @HellHoundWoof

________________________________________________________________________________________

Abram - The Road - Jess, Imogene, Turisa

After separating from Hank and Enrique, Abram had gathered gotten the girls back into the van and started his course towards the outskirts of Natchez. After driving for a minute, the soldier lost him self in thought, subconsciously following the roads.

He was still unsure about sending Aubrey with Hank and Enrique. Both of them were rough guys, and he wasn't sure how he felt about the young girl being influenced by them. He decided, though, that it didn't matter. She was plenty safe with Hank's leadership, that and Enrique's firearms skills (who was the only person he'd met in a long time that was anywhere near the shot that he himself was).

Sure, Abram's mind was wired to do basic trigonometry in split seconds, line a target up with the wind speed, and other things required of a special forces sniper - but still, his head still contained the wiring of a father. He automatically wanted to look out for the younger generation that was living through this crap. From someone as young as Katie Salem, to as old as Sam and Scarlett, he felt obligated as a man and a former soldier to look out for people.

Presently, he assumed this duty, glancing up into his rearview mirror. In the first row was Jess and little Ben. The young mother coaxed her cooing little boy as he squirmed. Behind her was Turisa, who looked like she was mentally planning a battle, a feeling that Abram knew well. In the back row was Imogene, who was looking out the window. Abram was glad that she'd agreed to come. "How we doing, ladies?" He asked, glancing between the three of them in his mirror.

@Lady Myst

Reactions: Damo028
Jessalyn - The Road - Abram, Turisa, Imogen

Jessalyn winced as the van went over a bump. Ben was not eating like he should, likely from all of the upset around him, and as a result her breasts were sore from an overstock of milk. But of course when Abram asked she could not tell him that. She probably should have felt more than comfortable enough to tell him that, considering how much they had been through together and he had been married before so would likely understand, but it was still a rather embarrassing subject.
"Abram," she said, notably not answering his question. "I know that I am not an expert on survival. I wanted to say something before but... you know how Hank was and..." she bit her lip before continuing. "We really need to find somewhere to stay for a while. A place to put a few roots down. All of this traveling... it's not good for Ben. I was thinking maybe the Walmart we were at before," she said cautiously, nervous about how her suggestion would be taken. "It was sturdy and had supplies," she added quickly, trying to validate her suggestion with good reasons. "There was nothing really around it so we could defend it easily. It had a gardening area where we could start a food supply. And I'm sure it had backup generators, if they haven't been stolen by anyone, so we might even be able to have some power."
Jess trailed off, feeling more and more stupid. What if they hated it? What if there was something she wasn't thinking of? What if it was all wishful thinking on her part?

She turned her head to look at the other women. "What do you think? I mean, it's not perfect but it would at least be something... right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.