Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Multiverse/Panfandom, Mystery, Paranormal, Scifi, Survival
The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth...

Season 1 - Into the Catacombs
Season 2 - A Civil Dispute
Season 3 - New Roads Taken
Season 4 - Shadows That Linger
Season 5 - March to Death

Season 6 - Answers in Blood

• c3vc8qk.jpg

- Art by QT

Welcome to our Walking Dead RP! Like any zombie roleplay, there will be action, gore and zombie killing, but at the heart of any RP within this genre is the twists, the turns, the drama, the heartache, and the joy of moral decisions that have both good and bad consequences.

Everything you do and say could have consequences down the line. The walker you killed yesterday was actually the mother of the person you met today. That guy you refused to give food? He decided to take it anyway and killed your best friend. That little boy you helped? He came back with a large group to steal your supplies. In this world, each choice can mean the difference between life and death. Don't ever get too comfortable, because you never know when things will all go to hell.

Of course, it's already there, isn't it?

The GMs for this RP are @Lady Myst, @-QT-, and @Atomyk.

A link our OOC Skype chat: Join conversation

Among the Ruined was a roleplay that went on for a year on another website (Roleplayer Guild) and ended up with four "seasons". Now, we're bringing it to Iwaku with a reboot of sorts. The events of the past RP will be a part of the new RP's lore, but knowledge of the previous RP will not be required for any new RPers joining us!

So, what's the plot you may ask? It is not quite set in stone, but generally we'll be looking at various communities living their lives amidst the zombie apocalypse. Most of the people of these communities are just trying to survive and have to worry about the hardships that come with that. Of course, there will be conflicts between the survivors.

New players will start in and around the cities of Natchez, Mississippi and Alexandria, Louisiana, though the plots surrounding Alexandria have yet to really kick off. In Natchez, a community has settled within a fortified school once known as Morgantown Middle School. "Morgantown" will be where characters new and old alike will be colliding and attempting some measure of peace as they all try and coexist together. There is another group in Natchez involving a walled off apartment complex.

Right now, we're looking for input from past or new players on plots that will run into the future. Any input on plot, characters, or locations is always welcome.

• Uvdeako.png

1) Absolutely no fighting in the OOC! You only get one warning, then your character(s) will be killed off and you will be banned from the RP.

2) No overpowered characters. It's okay to have weaponry, but not everyone is survival trained and can make a rocket launcher with a pocket knife, some string and a potato. Be realistic with your character's skills and their weapons!

3) An extension of the above rule-- We won't be accepting characters with military backgrounds. Characters with medical backgrounds will likely be asked to change as well. To avoid any conflicts it's best that you plan on your character having just been a regular person before the apocalypse hit. Stray from creating characters that have a particularly firearms-related background (Like someone who grew up hunting and is a skilled marksman).

4) We don't have many limits when it comes to explicit content. Strong language is fine, and gore is more than likely to come up. However, absolutely no smut should occur. Romance is fine, but anything beyond kissing should fade to black. If you really want to RP that out, take it to PMs or the Libertine section (But make sure you're both of the correct age!).

5) Killing of characters must be agreed upon, even NPCs. NPCs without a * next to their name are free to be moved around/controlled, required that their written personality/history is adhered to.

6) All ideas are welcome! If you have any ideas for major plot-related ideas, characters. locations, etc. then please PM either any of the GMs.

7) Before making any game changing decisions, please PM one of the GMs about it or discuss it in the OOC before posting it. This does not mean we need to make every decision for you, but MAJOR plot twists need to be approved by the GMs.

8) You can have as many characters as you can handle. Do not ignore anyone and post regularly. If you can't post for a couple of days, let us know so we can move around your character. If you do not post in the IC or OOC or PM us for a significant amount of time, then your character will be made an NPC and likely become a walker/corpse. If you want to return after that, you will have to make another character.

9) In that same vein, if you've been in the RP for some time and decide you want to go, the option for your character to become an NPC is there in case you ever return. Though NPCs are more likely to be killed off, the character just may be alive when you come back.

10) People will die. It's a zombie survival RP. We ask that you strongly consider ideas for your character's death eventually, even if you don't really wish for them to die. While we will never kill off your character without your consent, no one is likely to survive forever in zombie fiction. Just keep the idea in mind when making your sheet.

11) An important rule that some may take for granted: NO ONE IS IMMUNE. This is not "The Last of Us", this is a "The Walking Dead" RP. There is no cure and there is no immunity to the zombie virus. Everyone already has it. Your character can be working on a cure, but that is all that is permitted.

12) Something we refer to as the "posting rule" should be in effect for every IC post. It is extremely helpful in keeping track of where everyone is. At the top of any post you make put in bold the name of the character you are currently playing, their location, and who you are interacting with. For example:

Kim - Bus Stop - Steven

If you are playing multiple characters in one post, just add their names in:

Kim and Stacy - Restaurant - Each Other

If there are multiple people in the same place and you don't know who you are interacting with at the moment, broaden the terms:

Kim - Office - Everyone

This way, no matter who replies, everyone who is currently in the office knows you might be interacting with them or can start an interaction.

13) We reserve the right to add more rules if needed.​

• Natchez

vnQuLWA.jpg

CBfrYse.png

Mississippi/Louisiana Area

1UQV74i.jpg

AaBxdOv.png

• l2NCqCJ.png

When making your character, keep in mind that the RP is currently approximately 10 months, since the apocalypse began and that the current general setting is the Louisiana/Mississippi area of America.

Appearance: (We request that you do not use pictures of an anime style for appearance. Real life images are preferred, but you may also use portraits or art if it's realistic in style. If you have trouble finding these kinds of images, feel free to ask me for assistance.)

Name:

Skills:
    (Is your character good at medicine? Cooking? Electronics? Hunting? Marksman? These can be skills acquired after the outbreak)

Preferred Weapons (up to three): (Anything they would realistically have. This can be optional if you really have nothing in mind. You could even use it as a sort of character inventory if you want)

Personality: (Both good and bad points)

Bio: (Characters generally will not know much about each other at first, so feel free to offer only a brief history, such as what they were doing before the outbreak and what they've generally done since then)​

4Yiijos.jpg

- Art by QT

Last edited:
Okay so...I'll admit, I've been trying to work out typing a post for here but I just don't have it in me at the moment. I don't know if it'll come back to me in the future, we'll see...but for now? I'll just withdraw, leaving my characters' fates up to you guys.

Sorry, really, but thanks for the RP regardless. It was fun.

I am sorry to have been away for so long guys. Been dealing with a lot of stuff. I would rather not talk about it but those who care can PM me, but if you ask questions be prepared for the answers.

I will get a post up today as soon as I figure out where my characters are. Anyone who can help with that I would appreciate.

Jess and Ben are with Abram and Turi, who split off from Hank, Enrique, and Aubrey. I dunno where Heather is.

@Lady Myst

Well least It is sorted for Turi and Imogen, both hanging out with Abram and Jess with Ben, I shall get to working on a post to shortly,

Even get Oriana involved, she won't be happy with Fan ^^

Okay, so, I've done a bunch of updates to the OOC info. I suggest everyone looks it all over and tell me if anything is seriously off.

tumblr_o3mluziFVA1qkev39o4_250.gif

Name: Damien Orwen

Skills:
Expert Gunsman - Hunter - Knowledgable - Making Food - Tracking

Preferred Weapons: 9mm Beretta, Magnum, Bat, Knives, Kitchen Utensils etc.

Personality:
Damien is an observant man but also quite straightforward and intelligent. He tends to make jokes but there are always a hint or two at what he truly means. The man is fearless, and is not afraid to get blood on his hands, nor is he afraid to die. He is also quite callous even if he doesn't show it. Being manipulative and cunning at that. Damien always enjoys a good talk, may it be a sensible person or not. Common sense in their case is quite important. He can also be sarcastic, but enjoys the company of people who understand him quickly. Its almost impossible to gain his trust. Though his concern and to have the people around him survive and thrive is genuine.

large.gif

tumblr_o3mluziFVA1qkev39o4_250.gif

Name: Damien Orwen

Skills:
Expert Gunsman - Hunter - Knowledgable - Making Food - Tracking

Preferred Weapons: 9mm Beretta, Magnum, Bat, Knives, Kitchen Utensils etc.

Personality:
Damien is an observant man but also quite straightforward and intelligent. He tends to make jokes but there are always a hint or two at what he truly means. The man is fearless, and is not afraid to get blood on his hands, nor is he afraid to die. He is also quite callous even if he doesn't show it. Being manipulative and cunning at that. Damien always enjoys a good talk, may it be a sensible person or not. Common sense in their case is quite important. He can also be sarcastic, but enjoys the company of people who understand him quickly. Its almost impossible to gain his trust. Though his concern and to have the people around him survive and thrive is genuine.

large.gif
oooooooooooooh I LOVE the pic! Sawyer is so hot!!

Reactions: Akashi
Jackson is a character that myself and Bells made. She will be controlling him for now.

EDIT
Here is Jackson for those who are curious. He is only getting a pic and a name for now. If he ends up lasting longer than we think he will (taking on a life of his own like Tyler did lol) then I will make a formal CS for him.

Tam+lin.jpg

Jackson
Has been living at an abandoned Home Depot alone but opened it up to Abram's group once they arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
2lbmbd3.jpg

Name: Colton

Skills:
He's an excellent marksman and survivalist. He is trained by one of the best killers of the apocalypse. He is a brilliant tactician and is gifted at making small traps.

Preferred Weapons (up to three):
MK12 Silenced Sniper Rifle, CZ75b, Tactical Fixed Blade Knife

Personality:
Though Colton is smart he doesnt have an idea of being a leader and will not act without one. He was once kind but has taken to a more sadistic view of the world. He can show mercy but only if given the order. He's a joker at heart.

Bio:
Once a young scout at Outpost he was trained by Enrique Ortiz. Enrique took him in like a little brother and trained him to be the best soldier he could be. Colton was Enrique's favorite and led PT when Enrique wasnt feeling up to it. After the death of Enrique's wife Amanda, Colton followed Enrique and a few other scouts who left Outpost and became a new group. This new group was called The Pack. Colton followed without fail behind Enrique and watched him brutally kill Sylar after he had 'confessed' to killing Amanda. After that The Pack picked up a young girl named Emma Crowe, she and Colton developed a professional friendship while both were taught by Enrique. But the Pack was soon split up and taken by Magnus. In the confusion of the escape Colton left, but he did not come out unharmed. He had been a plaything for Magnus, a test subject, a fun side project. It was Colton's left eye that Magnus had removed, luckily not his shooting side. Colton fled during the escape and eventually his eye healed. He took an eyepatch from a costume shop and put it over the now grotesque hole where is eye once rested.

He now works under Damien Orwen.​

Updated CS for Abram Chamberlin, since I'm taking control of him again.

full-david-ramsey-44722973.jpg

((Because David Ramsey, people. Can you Digg it?)

Name: Abram Chamberlin

Skills:
Abram has nearly 23 years of military experience, two tours in Afghanistan, three in Iraq, and ten years as a special forces operator for the US Army. As a team sniper, it sometimes pains him to say that he killed more people before the outbreak than during it. His marksmanship skills are a force to be reckoned with. He can hit moving targets, long range targets, and he hits with highly trained accuracy. Despite this, he is human and prone to mistakes, since no sniper is perfect. Abram stands at about 6'2 and weighs almost 200 pounds and has a low percentage of body fat. While the apocalypse has affected his body in terms of definition, his brute strength and combat training is ample to help him win a fight. While he is trained to fight in close-quarters and in long range, he is not the best fighter in the world. He can be defeated if you can get past his rifle, and are faster than him.

Preferred Weapons (up to three):
SW-M24BS-SPR-0-900x900.jpg

Personality
- Abram is a leader
- Very strong-minded
-Kind
- Stubborn

Bio
Before the initial outbreak came, Abram was the First Sergeant of his squad and therefore the leader of it. However, when the outbreak came, Abram assisted his Master Sergeant, Daniel Crowe, sneak from the base before they were deployed so that Daniel could find his father and sister. A few days after the event happened, the squad was found out and all were dishonorably discharged from the US military, including Daniel who was also discharged for desertion. The team ran from the base before the MP's could arrest them.

When he and his team found that his family was gone, they left for New Orleans to meet with Daniel. On the way however, his squad was killed by raiders and Abe was forced to kill them to keep them from turning. Abe continued to survive in New Orleans, until the Haywood group raided the catacombs, leaving his area surrounded by hordes of walkers. Forced to leave, Abe met Jess and Floyd, and ended up caring for Jess after Floyd vanished.

Abe and Jess went to Haywood, where he was reunited with Daniel Crowe, but soon after, Daniel was killed as well. The final member of his squad, Abe was rather depressed. Even still, he cared for Jess and her newborn baby as if they were his own children.

After helping Hank rescue his friends from the Baton Rogue incident, Abe and Hank co-lead their group. Differences between the two men led them to separate, each going their separate ways with their new groups.​

@Akashi

Awesome post! He is a harsh twisted bastard and I love him!
Thank you. I know there were grammatical issues and such with the post. I just proofread it and to the best of my ability, tried to fix what I could see. Anyhow, I am glad you enjoyed the post, and fyi, english is not my first language.

Again, glad you enjoyed it. and yes! Thats how I want to portray Damien. Hopefully I can keep it up with future posts :D

Quick or we'll start poking you with impossible sharp traffic cones

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.